Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

SuperKarts own, going around corners at 180+ kph while sideways is the loving poo poo.
Also it's pretty much impossble to blow off the tires so they can take a hell of a lot of abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Poison Jam posted:

...that person is me and we really need more people on PS4 to play with although I'm up for racing pretty much whenever so just send me a message on PSN and I presume my phone will let me know.

:siren:If you are on PS4 please, please, post your PSN ID:siren:

I posted mine before but I'll post it again

PSN: RadValtar

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Phuzun posted:

I don't know, but goon racing would be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2g6sTSbxBU
Formula car doing the ring in the snow. (phone posting)

Dammit, now I want to dig out PGR4 just for that one challenge

50s Maserati F1 car on a snow-covered Ring

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kilonum posted:

\
50s Maserati F1 car on a snow-covered Ring

That sounds deliciously evil. Like, the kind of evil that you'd enjoy playing one time. Next patch, I humbly request snow option. Or whenever you can get snow physics down without going the "oh snow is ice for tires" route.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Last night was fun, especially that Brno track or whatever it's called. First race was in a thunderstorm with an uncontrollable beast of a BMW that spins if you so much as look at it, then we did it in superkarts....at night...IT WAS THE BEST AND WORST THING EVER. Wanna race with lots of goons, we need to arrange races so we can have goon craziness going through Eau Rouge or something :)

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

Poison Jam posted:

:siren:If you are on PS4 please, please, post your PSN ID:siren:

Dirtyfrog77.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
PSN: DravenRaziel

I work a swing shift, so my hours are constantly changing. If you see me playing though, odds are good I'm down for some multiplayer.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mofrbgnfLDQ

I KNOW WHAT WE"RE DOING TONIGHT.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
God driving over curves in that thing looks bone jarring

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
More like driving over 200km/h in such a death trap. :psyduck:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how the rpm dial goes nuts whenever he hits a bump because he's unable to keep his foot steady.

Talk about a purgatory for race drivers.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
:siren:PS$ GOONS GET ONLINE NOW!!!:siren:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ohsh's leben... thats not something I want to be doing

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
hi pc get in the steam group chat or mumble and lettuce race.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Oh god, and I found a working mic so you guys can hear me scream in terror, too...

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just bought and installed. Have to get up early tomorrow morning for Formula 1, so down to play!

PSN: ResidencyEvil

edit: motherfucker 10% downloaded why do all of these assholes do this

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

I turned real assists on and I like it. I also really like my xbone controls right now... but ffb is nooot good. It's buggy, it causes severe perfirmance stuttering in the dirt, and it is not accurate to what is happening with the car. Turning it completely off eliminated 90% of my oversteer spins with a controller and I've felt much more comfortable taking corners. This is a really stupid loving game, but it's worth it. I love our goon races

so this is on xbone or are you talking about using Xbone controller on PC? because one of my xbone driving buddies was telling me that not turning off FFB caused the mic to cut out in party chat (lol) but I haven't tried turning it off yet, here's another reason to try I guess. You've described most of my complaints about the unpredictable controls on xbone though so perhaps that's the issue - maybe the feedback is telling me to drive stupidly because it's flawed and that's why poo poo seems to be happening randomly.

xbone xbone xbone xbone

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Psn: quiteatool hit me up brothers. Digging it so far.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

so this is on xbone or are you talking about using Xbone controller on PC? because one of my xbone driving buddies was telling me that not turning off FFB caused the mic to cut out in party chat (lol) but I haven't tried turning it off yet, here's another reason to try I guess. You've described most of my complaints about the unpredictable controls on xbone though so perhaps that's the issue - maybe the feedback is telling me to drive stupidly because it's flawed and that's why poo poo seems to be happening randomly.

xbone xbone xbone xbone

it's xbone controller on pc but i've heard most if not all of the same problems with the controller are also on the xbone version

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
A recurring wrist injury has flared up and I'm stuck using a controller now instead of the wheel and I can confirm that the xbone controller is wonky with feedback turned on. On both the xbone and the pc, I have both versions of the game.

The wonkiness goes away when feedback is off and it's great.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Last night was quite fun with us not being able to complete a 40 lap race without a huge incident. Then we tried 20 lap races...same result. At least we could do 10 laps :) Also Frog was great to race with, why did you disappear? Is it because we talk like cunts? It was great fun and I'm up for racing pretty much anytime today because sod watching the Monaco Grand Procession this afternoon.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I really wish pcars had half as many vehicles as forza though. There are like five road cars and I vastly prefer road cars :smith:. There's nothing like GT or Forza for PC

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
helo get in mumble or the group chat because its pc race time

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

Poison Jam posted:

Last night was quite fun with us not being able to complete a 40 lap race without a huge incident. Then we tried 20 lap races...same result. At least we could do 10 laps :) Also Frog was great to race with, why did you disappear? Is it because we talk like cunts? It was great fun and I'm up for racing pretty much anytime today because sod watching the Monaco Grand Procession this afternoon.

I disappeared for a wank.

That first race we did was awesome, formula rookie wasn't it? Those things stick to the track like glue.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GutBomb posted:

A recurring wrist injury has flared up and I'm stuck using a controller now instead of the wheel and I can confirm that the xbone controller is wonky with feedback turned on. On both the xbone and the pc, I have both versions of the game.

The wonkiness goes away when feedback is off and it's great.

Boo about the wrist, that's a drag.

I just turned off FFB and holy poo poo this is a brand new, not-broken game. Everything... drives in a straight line with no stick input. It's a memorial day miracle

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?
Good races this afternoon. They are still going strong, so others should join the fun.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Goon racing rules, is anyone going to be around in an hour or two? Going to get in a workout but then it's race time :getin:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
goon races have decreased in numbers!!!

OhsH fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 25, 2015

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Essobie posted:

Good races this afternoon. They are still going strong, so others should join the fun.

Yeah good racing :tipshat:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Good races sirs. Had a win by .02seconds, wish I had a reply of that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Every time I get invited to goon races it's while im in the middle of 900 things and just doing a hotlap to let off some stress.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i got a friendo visiting this week so i prob won't be racing much or at all

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Joink posted:

Good races sirs. Had a win by .02seconds, wish I had a reply of that.

i got it but it'll show me winning it > : (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA5rkBrpJJw

here you go, have a good lap in a good car

OhsH fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 25, 2015

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'd drive... But my days have been plagued with work and weekender plagued with drunk drinking. I'm on PC so I'll try and send out a notice.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So I settled in for a nice 25-lap touring car race at Willow Springs. Around lap 15 with a 10-second lead, this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy3qdPW97c

I don't know what the hell. It continued to drive like that side of the car wanted to lift for at least another lap, and then I crashed it and hosed the steering completely a couple of laps later.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

JaysonAych posted:

So I settled in for a nice 25-lap touring car race at Willow Springs. Around lap 15 with a 10-second lead, this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy3qdPW97c

I don't know what the hell. It continued to drive like that side of the car wanted to lift for at least another lap, and then I crashed it and hosed the steering completely a couple of laps later.

My PSN is DaytonaTurboJ, if anyone wants to add me. I don't feel like I've got everything dialed in yet to race online without crashing into everyone, but I'm getting there.

Think this is a bug. Saw a video of the same exact thing happening in totally different car

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I hope that gets fixed soon then. I'd been wanting to try out some longer races and I don't want to have that to look forward to.

The race started out nice, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJY5_LrGGJY

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Help.
Physical disc. The game is fully installed and patch is downloaded and installed. I can not select anything else than a solo race in dubai and the options menu. Tried restarting the app and the ps4. Tried reinstalling the game. Nothing works. Seen some other people have the same problem online. Anyone know how to fix this?

E: nevermind. Full purge and reinstall fixed it

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 25, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm begging at this point for someone to offer me a contract in Formula C, I came second in the Formula Rookie world championship and my contract offers were yet another Formula Rookie season or a step down to Superkarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Norns posted:

Think this is a bug. Saw a video of the same exact thing happening in totally different car

Yeah, was me with the E30 M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl-PZtMDfws

• Locked thread