Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mosnar posted:

hmph. May or may not be applicable, then.
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Alternatively:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...s-aware.112556/

I had to patch both NVSE_loader.exe and FalloutNV.exe for it to work properly.

Your M may of course V.

the first one worked, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This seems like a sort of spergy thing to point out, but it's likely the sort of spergy that might matter to mod makers, have you tried looking for dusters rather than trench coats?

I usually end up trying to get my character look similar to what you're describing as well, and some form of the Bounty Hunter's Duster is usually what I end up with.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Okay, another question.

Is there a ponytail mod that doesn't look anime as gently caress?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

khy posted:

Please help me goons. I have two problems with the game that I wish to fix, and I turn to modding.

1) Hats. I want a specific style hat for one of my characters. I'm going for a 'dark mysterious guy' look, similar to Jonah Hex or the Dark Tower Gunslinger. None of the hats currently fit the bill. I guess what I'm looking for is a sherrif's hat/cowboy hat that doesn't have the brim curled up on the sides, and if possible might actually have it dip down a bit in the front. Browsing for a specific hat on Nexus is next to impossible and all the big hat compilations I've found have turned up nothing.

2) Trenchcoat. Looking for a long, dark trenchcoat for the same character. Once again, looking for a specific style on Nexus has been challenging. I've yet to find quite what I want. Hoping someone here might ahve an idea.

ALSO

I'm trying to figure out weapons. Guns feel lackluster and boring compared to Energy Weapons but I ALWAYS use energy weapons and I want to try guns. How can I make guns more interesting to use?

This goonmade mod adds quite a few nice hats, I'd suggest checking it out.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 23, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

khy posted:

Hats.

How can I make guns more interesting to use?

1) try the Gunslinger outfit? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37526/
2) use a brush gun (Medicine Stick if you have GRA) ... if .45-70 doesn't do it for you, I don't even know

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

khy posted:

I'm trying to figure out weapons. Guns feel lackluster and boring compared to Energy Weapons but I ALWAYS use energy weapons and I want to try guns. How can I make guns more interesting to use?
I've found these mods work pretty well together

Ironsights Camera Recoil Remover
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44253/
Vertical Recoilmod
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46433/

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ThaumPenguin posted:

This goonmade mod adds quite a few nice hats, I'd suggest checking it out.

That looks amazing and exactly what I wanted, thank you!

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
I installed Vurt's flora overhaul, but the better trees look out of place with the default textures. NMC Texture Pack wants me to install the Nexus Mod Manager. I've already got FOMM and the 4GB .exe: can I make these things play nice with each other, or should I start all the mods from one launcher?

Also, the link for Lombard Station in the OP still appears to lead to a defunct site. Is there a mirror for it?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The goonmade hat mod is amazing.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Promontory posted:

I installed Vurt's flora overhaul, but the better trees look out of place with the default textures. NMC Texture Pack wants me to install the Nexus Mod Manager. I've already got FOMM and the 4GB .exe: can I make these things play nice with each other, or should I start all the mods from one launcher?

Also, the link for Lombard Station in the OP still appears to lead to a defunct site. Is there a mirror for it?

Check back the last few pages. Raygereio rehosted all of the HGS links to MEGA but C-O-P hasn't updated the links for them yet I don't think.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Repost to save people the effort of searching...
Simple Street Lights
Secret Stash
Low-Profile Armor Mod (LPAM)
Unified Backpack Mod
PoliceAutomaton's Armor Compilation
The Armory
Lombard station.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Thanks!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Check back the last few pages. Raygereio rehosted all of the HGS links to MEGA but C-O-P hasn't updated the links for them yet I don't think.

Nah I updated them about a week and a half ago.

If anybody has any problems with those relevant links in the OP, just let me know and I can see if I made a mistake when I was updating them.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Checking this game out for the first time. Went through and installed the stability mods and things like FOMM and LOOT and NVSE and the NV4G thing. Everything has been working fine minus some missing textures. Here are some examples:

And here is what my FOMM list looks like.

Anyone seen something like this? Let me know if any other info would be helpful. Loving things so far, especially how dark nevadaskies makes night time.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Inside Out Mom posted:

Checking this game out for the first time. Went through and installed the stability mods and things like FOMM and LOOT and NVSE and the NV4G thing. Everything has been working fine minus some missing textures. Here are some examples:

And here is what my FOMM list looks like.

Anyone seen something like this? Let me know if any other info would be helpful. Loving things so far, especially how dark nevadaskies makes night time.

Yeah, your loadorder is wrong. Did you actually run Loot?
Also, BetterGamePerformanceV3 is outdated, remove it. It might work but the dude who made it likes to pull his V4 or V5 mods in a fit of spergy rage every now and then.

Get the NV Stutter Remover and NVAC instead, both linked in the OP.
And finally, get YUP, only bugfix pack you'll ever need. Yuki has a ton more mods but they can be added later and merged, refer to the STEP guide on how to do that. Heck, reading the guide is a good idea no matter what you want to do with your game.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Thanks for the quick reply. Heading out so I'll try those later. I ran LOOT but it didn't seem to do anything. New to this whole modding thing. Frankly I was surprised it ran at all.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Inside Out Mom posted:

Thanks for the quick reply. Heading out so I'll try those later. I ran LOOT but it didn't seem to do anything. New to this whole modding thing. Frankly I was surprised it ran at all.

Just a heads up but I am pretty sure you're having lighting issues rather than missing textures; missing textures show as purple or invisible, rather than black. Try toggling your pipboy light in some of those black areas and see if it corrects it.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Promontory posted:

You don't need to use NMM. Just download manually and install using FOMM(-FORK). It'll work fine like any other mod/texture pack.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Inside Out Mom posted:

I've not used FOMM in ages but I think it needs to be closed before you run Loot, otherwise the loadorder can't be applied. And while I'm at it, make sure you actually apply the loadorder. Running Loot without clicking on apply does nothing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Controller sensitivity for zoomed shooting seems out of wack. Is there a fix?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also it'd be grand if someone could suggest a way to quicksave with the DS4 touchpad. Mapping F5 doesn't work because (I believe) the game ignores the keyboard input.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If anybody has any problems with those relevant links in the OP, just let me know and I can see if I made a mistake when I was updating them.
Lombard Station's link hasn't been updated yet.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Rinkles posted:

Controller sensitivity for zoomed shooting seems out of wack. Is there a fix?

Controller support is all kinds of wack with this game what with a very narrow range of sensitivity (light pushes on the stick aren't significantly different enough from full tilts) and that aiming is eight directional on a controller rather than full 360 degrees. Don't use a controller with Fallout. If you must, then you pretty much resign yourself to combat with VATS exclusively.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Controller support is all kinds of wack with this game what with a very narrow range of sensitivity (light pushes on the stick aren't significantly different enough from full tilts) and that aiming is eight directional on a controller rather than full 360 degrees. Don't use a controller with Fallout. If you must, then you pretty much resign yourself to combat with VATS exclusively.

It's just much more comfortable for me to use a controller atm - I otherwise almost always prefer kb+m for FPSs.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I had a go at the stuff in Zodium's post on visual mods, and at the end he refers to an '/exes' folder that's supposed to have appeared in the root directory. There's meant to be an fnv4gb.exe file in there I should point FOMM at apparently. Can anyone tell me which mod is meant to create that folder, because it hasn't been created and that fnv4gb.exe thing is in FOMM's folders in My Documents where I left it. Sorry if I'm beind dumb.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

PrinceRandom posted:

the first one worked, thanks!

Okay it works but now I get out of memory crashes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Raygereio posted:

Lombard Station's link hasn't been updated yet.

Ooooh right, right, that wasn't on the first post you made so I forgot about that link. Thanks for the heads up, it's been updated.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

PrinceRandom posted:

Okay it works but now I get out of memory crashes.

Did you patch both files? Also, are you starting the game via nvse_loader.exe?

Secondarily, how's space on the HD looking?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I patched nvse loader only.

I have like 850 gbs on the steam harddrive free

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

PrinceRandom posted:

I patched nvse loader only.

I have like 850 gbs on the steam harddrive free

Gotta patch the New Vegas executable too ..

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

khy posted:

That looks amazing and exactly what I wanted, thank you!

LoonShia posted:

The goonmade hat mod is amazing.

Feel free to upload some character screenshots to the mod page!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mosnar posted:

Gotta patch the New Vegas executable too ..

i patched the main exe and now i get an application load error from steam whenever i load the nvse loader.

edit: i get it if i try to use falloutnv.exe too, i can launch from steam but not the folder.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 25, 2015

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I'd gone through the S.T.E.P. setup for New Vegas and been trucking along fairly well, but it has gradually become very noticeable that oodles of things that ought to be available for crafting don't seem to have ever made it to the crafting menu finish line. I've got a number of mods, whether they're adding new categories or whatever else--that are no-show; this is mostly an issue for things that added new armor or weapons where I've eschewed the 'cheat' versions that pop them into the world but intended to still have them saleable / craftable etc. Is there a particular trick or forward I need to perform in FNVedit or something to make sure that everything shows up? The Legacy of X-13 is an example--if I pull up its esp directly it has about fifteen crafting options in a 'Customize Armor' category.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Is there a way to clone items? I want to give my followers the advanced recon helms but I can't seem to figure out the right refid. I'm presuming it's because clicking on them in console doesn't preface them with the ## from the load order? I was hoping there was a way to click and then type in something to dupe the item in question. Really not sure what I'm doing here. I was hoping it would just function with a click for the refid and then player.additem (ref) but no dice. Any tips?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You've got to specify how many you want to add, try player.additem refid 1

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

I'd gone through the S.T.E.P. setup for New Vegas and been trucking along fairly well, but it has gradually become very noticeable that oodles of things that ought to be available for crafting don't seem to have ever made it to the crafting menu finish line. I've got a number of mods, whether they're adding new categories or whatever else--that are no-show; this is mostly an issue for things that added new armor or weapons where I've eschewed the 'cheat' versions that pop them into the world but intended to still have them saleable / craftable etc. Is there a particular trick or forward I need to perform in FNVedit or something to make sure that everything shows up? The Legacy of X-13 is an example--if I pull up its esp directly it has about fifteen crafting options in a 'Customize Armor' category.

Some mods like the legacy of X-13 only have the recipes show up once certian conditions are met. Using that mod as an example you have to put on the suit first for the recipes to show up at the workbench, assuming nothing overwrites the changes it does to stealth suit script.

Syrant posted:

Is there a way to clone items? I want to give my followers the advanced recon helms but I can't seem to figure out the right refid. I'm presuming it's because clicking on them in console doesn't preface them with the ## from the load order? I was hoping there was a way to click and then type in something to dupe the item in question. Really not sure what I'm doing here. I was hoping it would just function with a click for the refid and then player.additem (ref) but no dice. Any tips?

Install this plugin, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55399/ , open console and type search "advanced recon helm" . This will give you the correct formid for duping the helment

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

delta534 posted:

Some mods like the legacy of X-13 only have the recipes show up once certian conditions are met. Using that mod as an example you have to put on the suit first for the recipes to show up at the workbench, assuming nothing overwrites the changes it does to stealth suit script.

Install this plugin, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55399/ , open console and type search "advanced recon helm" . This will give you the correct formid for duping the helment

Hmmm. I've got the Assassin Suit from Dead Money, but is it actually after a different suit then? It only seems to refer to stealth suit MK II etc. Damnit.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

Hmmm. I've got the Assassin Suit from Dead Money, but is it actually after a different suit then? It only seems to refer to stealth suit MK II etc. Damnit.

Yeah, the assassin suit and the stealth suit are different suits.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

GaistHeidegger posted:

I think the DM suit is only used as a retexture option so try it with the OWB suit.

Also, are you using a bashed patch? If not, you should.

There might be other mods conflicting with the Legacy Overhaul mod but that shouldn't be happening if you followed the Step guide. If the OWB suit ain't working either and a bashed patch ain't solving your problem you could load FNVEdit and check the bashed patch categories for conflicts but that's only a good idea if you know what you are doing.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Syrant posted:

The additem command calls for a BaseID, not a ReferenceID.
The ReferenceID (which you got when you opened the console and clicked on the item) denotes a specific instance of an object (NPC, item, tree, rock, etc) within the gameworld. The BaseID is the prototype for that object.
You can get the BaeID by loading up your loadorder in FNVEdit and checking the FormID for the item you want.