Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

All goons of good taste appreciate lalafells.

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So I think I found out why so many dragoons are bad at this game.

They're all blind because of the armor they wear.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Is there some kind of penalty for having the echo? I just did Garuda ex and we wiped once on a noob spiny accident, and then again on an add phase where the ot got sucked into a whirlwind. It was dumb but it was like ~50% the first time then like ~20% then next. Big dick tank votes disband then just abandons when it fails to pass. But then a healer dropped too and people trickled till it actually did disband.

Like how dumb are you to be in this situation? Enter a pug ex Garuda that's making progress but decide to bail because it's what...? Noob mistakes are made and we're getting closer to beating it. As far as pug runs go this isn't bad.

It's like they deliberately seek out these stations so they can freak and feel superior in knowing they just hosed a 22 minute queue for a bunch of strangers.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
There's no penalty, it's just an attribute buff to make things a little easier for folks. You answered your own question with

quote:

Big dick

because god forbid content becomes slightly more accessible :v: And some people just like the challenge of clearing stuff without it, I suppose. But yeah, waiting until you have Echo and then bolting is a dick move, and it happens a ton.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Astro Creep posted:

There's no penalty, it's just an attribute buff to make things a little easier for folks. You answered your own question with

because god forbid content becomes slightly more accessible :v: And some people just like the challenge of clearing stuff without it, I suppose. But yeah, waiting until you have Echo and then bolting is a dick move, and it happens a ton.

You can click the echo off if you want, but if you tell them that they'll never actually do it because that's not the real problem they have with it, i.e. "loving casuals ruining my games"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Okay my "I don't want to burn myself out on this game too soon before Heavensward" waiting period is over

Guess I better get back into PBC and actually, y'know. Finish the storyline. And then just grind eternally for gear I can use for Machinist.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
:stare:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GreatRedSpirit posted:

You'll also be able to see the whole dungeon and get shown how it works instead of pubbies running through Satasha Run #10478 doing the bare minimum just to complete the dungeon!

I got sastasha as tank in lldr a lot, and I go through all those side rooms every time.

Every time there's a guy with several 50s getting the map achievement :v:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
We did like five or six attempts at Garuda Ex yesterday morning before beating it, it was still pretty fun but it was also my first time. Conversly, we stompped Odin on our second try.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Truga posted:

I got sastasha as tank in lldr a lot, and I go through all those side rooms every time.

Every time there's a guy with several 50s getting the map achievement :v:

why would anyone pass up pirate bar fight

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

why would anyone pass up pirate bar fight

Every second spent in Sastasha is pure, level-synced agony.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Whenever my max aetherflow stacks drops below three, I have to murder a kitten every ten minutes.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
My favorite part of pvp is knocking full aetherflow stacks off summoners and scholars and watching them die inside.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Soonmot posted:

Whenever my max aetherflow stacks drops below three, I have to murder a kitten every ten minutes.

Why? It's not like you need to cast more than 2 banes per 60 seconds most of the time, and selene is doing all the healing anyway, since you don't have lustrate.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh my god I am getting the worst lag on my mudras after having no problems with them when I stopped playing a couple of months ago, and sometimes a few frames of an attack animation plays and then it turns out nope, it didn't actually come through. It might be my internet making GBS threads itself, or maybe it could be my new graphics card? It's an AMD instead of the Nvidia I used to have.

Whatever the problem is I need to solve it because it makes every second of playing ninja Hell on Earth.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Soonmot posted:

Hi let me introduce you to the agony that is level synced BLM

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

nuru posted:

Every second spent in Sastasha is pure, level-synced agony.
:agreed:

After leveling war to 50 via LLDR, I also never want to set foot in haukke manor again.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I just learnt how to convert spirit bonded items into Materia. Is this basically the disenchanting of this game? Also, should I just keep vendoring old items or should I use them for materia or should I materia then sell

I just get really stressed that I'll do one of them and by the time I hit 50 I'll be like "I'm such an idiot for doing that" and lose out on money and I should probably get over it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You should always just convert old equipment into materia. It will generally sell for way, way more than whatever you'd get for it from the merchant.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Convert items that are ready to be converted, provided you have something equal or better to equip in its place.

Don't keep using items that you've outgrown just for the sake of finishing the spiritbond to convert them. You can either hang on to them and do that later (this process of putting on deliberately lovely gear and using it until it bonds, for the materia, is called "spiritbonding"), or just vendor them half-bonded.

Don't even worry about it unless the item says "Convertible: Yes" when you mouse over it. Most white and pink gear will say that; most green and blue gear will not. It's largely a question of whether it's a crafted/craftable item (or like pink gear, a variant of a crafted item) or a non-crafted drop or token purchase or something.

Seishi
May 19, 2015

Renegret posted:

Hi let me introduce you to the agony that is level synced BLM

I think BRD is the only one that isn't really that painful. You lose some dots and you can't drown the enemy in a river of bloodletter procs, but you at least keep your main buttons.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
{Heavy Thrust} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Heavy Thrust} {Impulse Drive}

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just realized I'm gonna have the biggest problem ever with storage space :ohdear: In games that have transmogging I always keep every piece of armor that I might *poentially* want to use in the future (in WoW I easily used hundreds of bag spaces just for this).. but if I also want every job then I won't have space for different types of gear.. It's a good thing I like alts I guess? :downs:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

:agreed:

After leveling war to 50 via LLDR, I also never want to set foot in haukke manor again.

Every time I pull Haukke in a LLDR I am happy I got a simple, quick dungeon and also dodged the Toto-rak bullet.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Yeah I'll take Haukke over the many, many Tam-taras I winded up in.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I just realized I'm gonna have the biggest problem ever with storage space :ohdear: In games that have transmogging I always keep every piece of armor that I might *poentially* want to use in the future (in WoW I easily used hundreds of bag spaces just for this).. but if I also want every job then I won't have space for different types of gear.. It's a good thing I like alts I guess? :downs:

You get 350 slots of bank space, and another 200? or so for gear/jewelry. And then another 100 slots of normal inventory. Finally, you can sell or just instantly use up anything not gear since prices never seem to go up much, only down slowly.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

onesixtwo posted:

{Heavy Thrust} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Impulse Drive} {Heavy Thrust} {Impulse Drive}

No {Leg Sweep}, perfect.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Finally, you can sell or just instantly use up anything not gear since prices never seem to go up much, only down slowly.

Oh hey, I was wondering about that. Almost everything I pick up while leveling seems to be some sort of crafting material, but I assume they're not really worth anything? Having a cluttered inventory is annoying so I'd love to vendor it all tbh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Your Computer posted:

Oh hey, I was wondering about that. Almost everything I pick up while leveling seems to be some sort of crafting material, but I assume they're not really worth anything? Having a cluttered inventory is annoying so I'd love to vendor it all tbh.

If you have your retainer unlocked, try to sell all that junk if it's worth anything. Otherwise vendor it all.

Seishi
May 19, 2015
There's also the possibility of spending a few bucks to buy an extra 350 spaces. I have four retainers about 95% full right now and I have to do inventory management every week because I am a terrible pack rat.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Given the choice between sacrificing the whole "can do everything on one character" thing vs. taking a bit of control over "MUST HOARD ALL THE THINGS", it'd probably be a better idea in the long run to go for the latter.

Even if you do have room now for every single piece of gear for a given job role, that won't be true in an expansion or two. Best to curb the impulse in its infancy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you have your retainer unlocked, try to sell all that junk if it's worth anything. Otherwise vendor it all.

Yeah. You get retainers sometime between level 15 and 20 (I got mine just as I started filling the last 1/4 bag of my inventory), then you just put the things that sell for a lot on the markets, vendor the rest. The first time you do it takes a while, because you've been hoarding everything for the first 20 or whatever levels, after that I just visit the vendor once per day or two, take the 3-5 minutes it takes to list new items.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vil posted:

Even if you do have room now for every single piece of gear for a given job role, that won't be true in an expansion or two. Best to curb the impulse in its infancy.

Oh it's grown old by now :downs: 90% of the reason I love MMORPGs is the dressup aspect, so hoarding different looks of armor is just part of the game. Sounds like there's a good bit of space to be had in the game though, so I'm not that worried!

Truga posted:

put the things that sell for a lot on the markets, vendor the rest.
I'm so new I have no idea what things are worth or how much gil is a large amount :shrug:

Speaking of space.. I've tried googling to no avail; is there any way to see your own HP better? It feels kinda weird as a tank to have an MP bar as big as your HP bar, which again is also the same size as the TP bar.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

They should change to a wardrobe system like in GW2. And while they're at it they should also use the auctioning system from GW2.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Routinely sell crafting materials when you visit the Goblet / your retainers. Trying to keep as close to 20 items per retainer selling at a time really helps you manage the somewhat limited space if you are a packrat.

Carver posted:

No {Leg Sweep}, perfect.

:negative:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Seishi posted:

I think BRD is the only one that isn't really that painful. You lose some dots and you can't drown the enemy in a river of bloodletter procs, but you at least keep your main buttons.

Yeah but that's because BRD is painful at all levels :v:

onesixtwo posted:

While that's boring, at least it's not "oh god how can I find time to use thunder in this rotation during ice because I need to blizzard more to get more stacks of ice and, wait, do I even have thundercloud yet? Is it even worth it to use thunder without thundercloud? Okay my MP is full and - wait transpose is still on cooldown so I guess I should just blizzard some more? Or I can just throw some lovely fireballs out"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

They should change to a wardrobe system like in GW2. And while they're at it they should also use the auctioning system from GW2.

Yessssssssssss

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Don't worry about holding on to things too much, because with the exception of special holiday event stuff, there aren't any gear models that are permanently missable. All your quest rewards while leveling are craftable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't worry about holding on to things too much, because with the exception of special holiday event stuff, there aren't any gear models that are permanently missable. All your quest rewards while leveling are craftable.

Huh, well that takes a load off my back. I'm so used to WoW where unique models are dime a dozen and if you vendored a quest reward 7 years ago then gently caress you it's gone forever.

• Locked thread