Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Was I just an idiot when this game came out or has the ability to teleport between anima wells been added since after launch? Either way, that is my favorite thing in the game now, as it's just letting me zip around for a pittance.

And you can repeat investigation missions now? I noticed a timer on one after I finished it, so I'm assuming you can re-do them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Moving between anima wells with "Anima Jump" is fairly recent. Before, we had to kill ourselves and use respawning as a painful method of teleportation.

And yes, you can repeat Investigations

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I've started replaying this with a new character after not touching it for like, a year, at least. Are the new issues intended to be played after you've finished the original story quests, or are they a separate story?

As mentioned, the story of each issue expands on the story of the zones themselves. Generally, each is geared so you can do them solo once you've finished the story in their respective zone. With a group, they're much easier. Occasionally grouping is almost required, I had a terrible time with one of the Tyler Freeborn fights until I grabbed a friend. There's also some sidequests, in the case of Last Train/Dream to Kill, that are given by the Ca d'Oro dudes, and some of those can be done just as you go.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Of all of the extra issues DLC, Tyler Freeborn is definitely the one to get, just saying.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

angerbeet posted:

Of all of the extra issues DLC, Tyler Freeborn is definitely the one to get, just saying.

That's a funny way to say Last Train To Cairo. I can't think of a better team than Nassir, Saiid, and your Bee in the next Die Hard/Indiana Jones crossover.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
OK fine Last Train to Cairo is OK too.

e: I guess

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Issue 11 is an odd one. Some of the floors are super easy, some took some effort and a decent number of potions and some I can't for the life of me finish in what is decent Nightmare gear and a survival spec. I would be very surprised if they did anything more than very rudimentary testing that didn't involve top tier gear on top of it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Warmachine posted:

That's a funny way to say Last Train To Cairo. I can't think of a better team than Nassir, Saiid, and your Bee in the next Die Hard/Indiana Jones crossover.

Last Train is the worst for every bit that actually involves playing though. Especially the actual train part.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It features two of the worst parts of TSW, a stealth mission and a "jumping" mission, so I guess you're right.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

It features two of the worst parts of TSW, a stealth mission and a "jumping" mission, so I guess you're right.

Not to mention zero ways to repair gear in the thing. And enabling attentionwhoring.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The jumping bits on the train were seriously poo poo.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Anyone want to do Issue 10 and Issue 11 in some mumble this weekend? It might be drunk mumble. There might be singing.

Kessel posted:

The jumping bits on the train were seriously poo poo.

I'll always love the one bit where you jump on three containers in a row, but they're spaced so that if you jump immediately after landing each time without backing up, the third jump will take you juuuust past the container and down onto the tracks.

Len posted:

Last Train is the worst for every bit that actually involves playing though. Especially the actual train part.

Clearly, you never rolled with the Red Mist Assassination Squad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Anyone want to do Issue 10 and Issue 11 in some mumble this weekend? It might be drunk mumble. There might be singing.

I'll always love the one bit where you jump on three containers in a row, but they're spaced so that if you jump immediately after landing each time without backing up, the third jump will take you juuuust past the container and down onto the tracks.

Red Mist Assassination Squad can't make the jumping on trains less poo poo. Is there still that spot where you can fall between cars and your only option is to die? That's a fun spot.

I could potentially get on mumble this weekend. I can't make promises but I should be in the clear.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Red Mist Assassination Squad can't make the jumping on trains less poo poo. Is there still that spot where you can fall between cars and your only option is to die? That's a fun spot.

Oh, you mean the part I somehow manage to land on every time I play through despite knowing full well it's there. Yah, it's still there.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Attempted to buy some Funcom points, Funcom rejected my Paypal even though my Paypal side says it's approved, I retried using credit card, Funcom billed me and never gave me the points. I go into live chat and the rep says he can't fix it, it's an internal error, and redirects me to email support.

That'll teach me to give Funcom any money.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Kessel posted:

Attempted to buy some Funcom points, Funcom rejected my Paypal even though my Paypal side says it's approved, I retried using credit card, Funcom billed me and never gave me the points. I go into live chat and the rep says he can't fix it, it's an internal error, and redirects me to email support.

That'll teach me to give Funcom any money.

Funcompetence at work.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

To Funcom's credit, the problem was fixed through email support. I guess their live chat GMs are siloed and unable to do anything about billing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kessel posted:

To Funcom's credit, the problem was fixed through email support. I guess their live chat GMs are siloed and unable to do anything.

You can stop right there.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Kessel posted:

To Funcom's credit, the problem was fixed through email support. I guess their live chat GMs are siloed and unable to do anything about billing.

They are the exact same people.

The problem is always PayPal with them, never use PayPal to pay funcom.

Ever.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

On the other hand, it was probably a fraud flag, in which case they have to redirect you through e-mail support.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

quote:

Antithesis: don't think I can actually drunk tsw tomorrow :( I'm doing a javascript bootcamp and got further behind than I thought I would, need to catch up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Do we have some sort of Mumble anymore? Looking for a couple goons to run another goon through babby's first elites.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cuntpunch posted:

Do we have some sort of Mumble anymore? Looking for a couple goons to run another goon through babby's first elites.

I'll be home in like ten minutes and have nothing to do. Shoot me a steam request username roxormancer

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Len posted:

I'll be home in like ten minutes and have nothing to do. Shoot me a steam request username roxormancer

Done!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

They killed Black Hole :negative: it's nothing at all like it was!

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014
I've been eyeing this game for a while now, could I get a referral key to give it a try?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I could send you one if you PM me your email

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Voyaging posted:

I've been eyeing this game for a while now, could I get a referral key to give it a try?
8FWUHPHK6GJGZLAK2M85

Geektox posted:

I could send you one if you PM me your email
Just stick a made up email in the referral box, it shows the key on the list of referrals once you've clicked send.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Pilchenstein posted:

8FWUHPHK6GJGZLAK2M85

Thanks! Key worked, I'll try the game later today, much appreciated.

edit: What Secret Society are Goons playing? Does it matter as far as grouping?

Voyaging fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 19, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Voyaging posted:

Thanks! Key worked, I'll try the game later today, much appreciated.

edit: What Secret Society are Goons playing? Does it matter as far as grouping?

Not at all.

Dragons start with a blowjob, illuminati do drugs, templar have a hobo waft armpit stank at them and they pass out.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Not at all.

Dragons start with a blowjob, illuminati do drugs, templar have a hobo waft armpit stank at them and they pass out.

TBF it's a pretty cool hobo.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Geary is the best loving handler and any odd who suggests otherwise is legitimately loving insane.

(Go lumie)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

Geary is the best loving handler and any odd who suggests otherwise is legitimately loving insane.

(Go lumie)

I agree, and I was a Templar. I don't have many words to describe how entertaining her cut scenes and flavor texts were.

K. G. In Action

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

(Go lumie)

"Way to get your rear end from A to B. I'm so loving proud. KG"

Sociopathic corporate valley girl is the best. Here's a clip from the intro quests toward Tokyo. No real spoilers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCkwLF1zNo

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Warmachine posted:

"Way to get your rear end from A to B. I'm so loving proud. KG"

Sociopathic corporate valley girl is the best. Here's a clip from the intro quests toward Tokyo. No real spoilers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCkwLF1zNo

Geary rules, but the whole thing about the Illuminati leadership seeking to "ascend as zeitgeists" seems capital-I Important.

Speaking of faction handlers, re: issue 11: Rest in loving pieces, Bong Cha. :stare: It was pretty obvious Daimon Kiyota was making some sort of play for power in the Dragon, but it was still really surprising to actually see what happened to Bong Cha when you get back to Seoul. Although not nearly as surprising as seeing my character's face in that newscast...

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Geary is ok... but really, it's all about the Pyramidion.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I recently re-installed this for the first time since like 2012-2013, with an aim to playing through the content that's come out since then. The Tyler Freeborn stuff was spectacular, looking forward to making a start on Last Train to Cairo.

Does anyone still do that new york raid thing these days? Does it still exist? Is it worth it?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Morglon posted:

Honestly it's not so bad once you ..

Just throwing it out there, when people have to say this about a design/game/etc, it is so bad. There shouldn't be an unfun bullshit grinding mechanic that gates people away from actually enjoying something. AEGIS was a very bad design choice, as is about 70% of the poo poo they have done combat wise. TSW works wonderfully as a story, hell, even the boss fights are actually a lot of fun too. But fighting groups of mobs and having to slog through a few dozen to even get to the instance you need for a mission is what made me just say "gently caress this, it's just City of Heroes with clunky controls and no movement powers". Voice acting and writing in this game are way better than any other I've played, shame

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The implementation os AEGIS is terrible. I installed the mod that autoselects your AEGIS for you to take some of the pain away, but having to swap to an unfilled AEGIS to pick up the loot gets old really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just throwing it out there, when people have to say this about a design/game/etc, it is so bad. There shouldn't be an unfun bullshit grinding mechanic that gates people away from actually enjoying something. AEGIS was a very bad design choice, as is about 70% of the poo poo they have done combat wise. TSW works wonderfully as a story, hell, even the boss fights are actually a lot of fun too. But fighting groups of mobs and having to slog through a few dozen to even get to the instance you need for a mission is what made me just say "gently caress this, it's just City of Heroes with clunky controls and no movement powers". Voice acting and writing in this game are way better than any other I've played, shame

The gameplay isn't very good, every other part of the game is real, real good. I really wish the game was more fun to play because I can still remember almost all the characters, story, zones and things like that when I can't remember the name of a single NPC from almost any other MMO.

• Locked thread