Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Big boy?

Big boy.

Byzantine posted:

I'm not exactly offended, but it's really weird to use real people (who aren't, like, the President, or something) as characters in your story. Especially since the story's Earth has already been fantastical fiction crossovers, and it would've been perfectly in-line to have it be Calvin's parents.

Literally making GBS threads yourself in rage

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

I am literally making GBS threads myself in rage.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

I've had that nightmare, but it never involved braces too. :gonk:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

There's the Beatles song, "When I'm 64". That's close enough and gives you the same idea.

Coincidentally, Janis Ian IS 64.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Juliet Jones

Those hands in the final panel are gorgeous.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

:stare: Language, Pappy!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

:)

Pros & Cons

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Whoopie cap. I had no idea that was a thing. I would have guessed that was like a jimmy hat, which I guess it is sort of also a form of contraception.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set lacks direction.

Working Daze does not know how to walk.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
This Spider-man story is boring. Bring back Obama and Hitler Iron Man.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Memorial Day catch up time!

Jane's World

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

9 Chickweed Lane 5/24, 5/25/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Oh hey, UK Bank Holiday, no Nemi.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 25, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Well friends, after two weeks, I think we can sadly say, we've seen the last of the creeps :smith:

Cul-de-sac is in reruns though, so we can at least enjoy that :unsmith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I've been wanting a Cul de Sac avatar for a while and I finally remembered I did while I had a disposable income at the same time, so I'm gonna grab this. It's really well made, thanks Kennel.

Only I have no idea what to use as text. That entire panel is a goldmine. "There will be repercussions!" "Nothing can ever be the same again!" "Everything's changed! I hate change!" are all great, as are various combinations of them.

What do you all think, thread?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Well friends, after two weeks, I think we can sadly say, we've seen the last of the creeps :smith:

Cul-de-sac is in reruns though, so we can at least enjoy that :unsmith:

He was just playing 4'33".

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I've been wanting a Cul de Sac avatar for a while and I finally remembered I did while I had a disposable income at the same time, so I'm gonna grab this. It's really well made, thanks Kennel.

Only I have no idea what to use as text. That entire panel is a goldmine. "There will be repercussions!" "Nothing can ever be the same again!" "Everything's changed! I hate change!" are all great, as are various combinations of them.

Obviously, it should be "I WASN'T DONE WITH THAT PHLEGM YET!!"

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I like "You don't just idly give a girl a stuffed gila monster!", personally. Especially if you format it to be like a shaming red text title.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My tv burned out, so I'm finally taking the time to play some old non-gamepad compatible PC games I bought and never played. Have you guys ever played System Shock 2? It's really good, but it can be difficult Controlling Dog Comix.

DO YOU SEE WHAT COMES OF TREATING DOGS LIKE MEN?

DO YOU SEE??

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Is there something wrong with "I WASN'T THROUGH WITH THAT PHLEGM YET!"?

Skippy (March 26, 1928)

Peanuts (May 27, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Rumpelstiltskin? A little troll fella who's into stealing babies in exchange for helping peasant women?

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 23-24, 1927)

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

CartoonistsWorkingForFree.jpg

I spy a colorist who's never seen or probably even heard of Adventure Time, and couldn't be bothered to ask somebody or do a quick GIS.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Is there something wrong with "I WASN'T THROUGH WITH THAT PHLEGM YET!"?

Nothing really, I'm just afraid that people who don't read Cul-de-Sac would just think the line is some non-sequitur. I'm starting to lean toward it now, though. The lines I listed at first just make me sound like a grumpy old man.

Edit: I've decided to embrace my inner old coot. It's good to have a newspaper strip title again.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 25, 2015

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Fyadophobic posted:

I spy a colorist who's never seen or probably even heard of Adventure Time, and couldn't be bothered to ask somebody or do a quick GIS.

...Ohhhhhh. I was wondering what that pink fleshy thing was supposed to be.

For those wondering, cartoonists had a convention in DC that weekend, hence Holbrook doing a strip about it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fyadophobic posted:

Man, being a colorist must be the easiest job in the world because nobody seems to care what your output is. As long as you have colors in there it'll get printed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

That is a quick drat paper.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Really Pants posted:

That is a quick drat paper.

Or a very slow plane.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fyadophobic posted:

I noticed that too. I wonder if they thought it was supposed to be the rabbit outfit from A Christmas Story, best reason I can think of for it being pink.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

With those lips, all I can hear is " Quack, Quack Quack quack."

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

I noticed that too. I wonder if they thought it was supposed to be the rabbit outfit from A Christmas Story, best reason I can think of for it being pink.

I thought they were drawing her as Filler Bunny.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I was wondering something. You know that guy who's editing that strip with Peter Griffin and Quagmire as nerds, to dumb it down? Yeah, can you do that to Brooke's strips as well?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo: Maybe we do have one end that's still dangling. (May 27, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (August 11-13, 1952)

After giving it some thought, I'm going to be bailing on the daily Super-Fun-Pak Comix, but don't let that stop you if you want to go for it. The full-page version has thread pedigree. It's got threadigree, man...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Speaking of bad colorists, check out that eye in the second-to-last panel. There doesn't even seem to be a line gap there where a careless use of the fill tool would have caused that, they just painted that eye over and decided that was good.

Tangentially, huh. First to second panel, Luann's shirt changes from "Kidz 1st" to "Kids 1st". If that's the art here, I suppose it has the colorist it deserves.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Elissimpark posted:

At first it kinda looked like a Wally Wood MAD parody, but it ain't.

Is there an archive of this somewhere? Montana's Newspaper Archie would make a great addition to the thread. Always liked Sneering Jughead.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

No! I still believe!

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Call 1-800-EAT-poo poo, Terry!"

Rex Morgan MD

Nancy's father is so whipped.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Speaking of bad colorists, check out that eye in the second-to-last panel. There doesn't even seem to be a line gap there where a careless use of the fill tool would have caused that, they just painted that eye over and decided that was good.

Tangentially, huh. First to second panel, Luann's shirt changes from "Kidz 1st" to "Kids 1st". If that's the art here, I suppose it has the colorist it deserves.

It's not uncommon in Luann for signs on the walls or name plates on desks to change text from panel to panel, but it's usually clearly meant to be a joke. I'm not sure how changing "kidz" to "kids" constitutes a joke, so I have to agree with you that somebody's getting sloppy. Pay attention, Evanses!

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mastersord posted:

I was wondering something. You know that guy who's editing that strip with Peter Griffin and Quagmire as nerds, to dumb it down? Yeah, can you do that to Brooke's strips as well?

But that would mean I'd have to read them. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Julet Esqu posted:

It's not uncommon in Luann for signs on the walls or name plates on desks to change text from panel to panel, but it's usually clearly meant to be a joke. I'm not sure how changing "kidz" to "kids" constitutes a joke, so I have to agree with you that somebody's getting sloppy. Pay attention, Evanses!

The best example of that was FoxTrot. Bill Amend loved to include side jokes in the backgrounds, the most common being that, whenever there's a character reading the newspaper, headlines would always involve a certain cartoonist doing awesome things, like buying a space station or marrying a supermodel.

I don't think he does that anymore, and it's a shame.

• Locked thread