Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Night10194 posted:

That would be goddamn amazing to watch.

when they took over star wars they immediately threw out a lot of dumb bullshit and announced movies and games people actually wanted so I can only imagine they'd do controversial things like balance the tabletop rules and release dow3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This thread reminded me why I'm glad Disney killed most of the EU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ever noticed how xwings laser noises literally sound like WANG WANG WANG

go ahead and watch a clip I'm not even joking

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moola posted:

It sounds like WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT, its reacting to the EU obviously.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Moola posted:

They're made by wanging a big piece of wire or something so makes sense

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can you become a Jedi through blood infusions? Like just inject midicloreans into your bloodstream?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

LordAba posted:

Can you become a Jedi through blood infusions? Like just inject midicloreans into your bloodstream?

The midicloreans go up your butt. Why do you think jedi dont like sex???

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

BlackIronHeart posted:

what the gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore

its a very round about way of getting to it, but my main points was that xwang is good

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Moola posted:

You are right. :aaa:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kingcom posted:

The midicloreans go up your butt. Why do you think jedi dont like sex???

That's why I prefer MP3.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So uh... Apparently citadel paints are having another price hike.

The RRP on paints will be increasing to £2.55 (currently £2.40).
Australia on the other hand; $8 (up from $6). Holy poo poo. I could make spaghetti for 4 at that price, what the actual gently caress is wrong with them??

Dear GW,
15 pence is around 30 cents, not $2 :eng101:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GW's properly punishing AU for being the spawns of english riffraff :smug:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Night10194 posted:

That would be goddamn amazing to watch.

Skull (-85%), Spikes (-95%) and Blood (-45%) markets nose dived at noon today after the announcement of the Disney buyout of Games Workshop.
The new CEO of the Disney's Workshop, Khorne MacThorpe, explained that the company would take the opportunity to bring clarity to decades old confusion amongst the fandom, clarifying that "Corn for the Corn God" had indeed always been the correct interpretation and nothing else.
He followed this statement by flashing a sign with "$5 = 30 plastic mans", briefly before disappearing into the building again.
Oil was up $25 at closing with Plastic Industries Inc (+234%) leading the late day rally.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Moola posted:

No it doesn't, it sounds like BLÆT BLÆT BLÆT!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Why haven't there been large-scale Space Marine action figures? Like, fully poseable, painted, with spring loaded Bolter and kung-fu grip action figures?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

HiveCommander posted:

Dear GW,
if you didn't want the UK to dick you over, you should have given us more points.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Talkie Toaster posted:

if you didn't want the UK to dick you over, you should have given us more points.

Maybe they would have if you didn't bring some weaksauce watered-down pop version of electro-swing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Not a viking posted:

I hear both. The beauty of onomatopoeia :3:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Super Waffle posted:

Why haven't there been large-scale Space Marine action figures? Like, fully poseable, painted, with spring loaded Bolter and kung-fu grip action figures?

Because you wouldn't need an $85 rulebook to play with it.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I'm moving over to P3 paints, the only GW ones I'll likely stick with are specific washes and technicals.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

God a Disney buyout would be incredible. Unfortunately, really unlikely. Disney doesn't make toys, they license their properties to toymakers. Toymakers like Hasbro and Mattel. Although Disney does publish books, and of course, they make movies and TV shows.

While we're daydreaming, how about: Disney and Hasbro joint venture to acquire Games Workshop: the toys and games get licensed to Habsro, while Disney licenses the rights to films, print, and video games to their other various properties: ABC/ESPN, Marvel, Pixar, Touchstone, and Disney Interactive.

Christ, imagine a Pixar PG-13 Warhammer 40k: the Horus Heresy film.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
how would you open a 40k anything with the disney logo it just seems so silly

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, when I said it would be goddamn amazing to watch I mean watching a competent media company fix up GW's mess would be interesting and possibly produce some really great stuff.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nebalebadingdong posted:

how would you open a 40k anything with the disney logo it just seems so silly

What? Buzz light year is already a space marine ranger. The new x wangs have Disney logos on them :3:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Marvel's stuff isn't plastered with Disney, and yet, it's Disney that owns Marvel now. Disney's got some of the best marketing and branding acumen in all of human history; they understand how to appeal to customers and do not plaster their logo on products that it would be jarring or inappropriate to have them on.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Leperflesh posted:

Marvel's stuff isn't plastered with Disney, and yet, it's Disney that owns Marvel now. Disney's got some of the best marketing and branding acumen in all of human history; they understand how to appeal to customers and do not plaster their logo on products that it would be jarring or inappropriate to have them on.

Oh yeah, wouldn't want to offend the dwindling number of neck beards and grognards that still read comics while the movie versions make blockbuster monies. It's actually brilliant in an odd sort of way.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
If you didn't switch to non-GW paints a long time ago for anything except maybe a couple of technicals, then I don't know what to say.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

JerryLee posted:

If you didn't switch to non-GW paints a long time ago for anything except maybe a couple of technicals, then I don't know what to say.

i still use GW's paints because i've always used them and i'm terrified of change

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

JerryLee posted:

I am still using GW paints.

I bought a lot of them in the mid-90s and turns out that old pot design was pretty solid. Also I paint maybe ten things in a good year, so it'll probably take me another decade to run out my current stock. :unsmith:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I use GW paints because i can buy them in person at my FLGS without paying delivery. Given that my last pot of ceramite white turned to gloopy poo poo before I even opened it, I'm rapidly rethinking that idea...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I am still using GW paints.

I bought a lot of them in the mid-90s and turns out that old pot design was pretty solid. Also I paint maybe ten things in a good year, so it'll probably take me another decade to run out my current stock. :unsmith:

This is me, except I've supplemented my supply of 1990 Citadel paint survivor pots with a full set of Badger Minitaire.

But! You can still buy that 1990s paint, it's still made and still sold, in those same pots. The company that made it lost the contract from Citadel, but decided to just keep on selling it with their own names and brand: Coat d'Arms paint. It's much easier to find in the UK, but US customers can order from https://www.scalecreep.com.

For example, on this page you will find Chestnut Ink, holy poo poo.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Touche, I should have said "if you didn't stop buying new GW paint" to be maximally precise.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Not a viking posted:

I hear wangs

everywhere

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

thespaceinvader posted:

I use GW paints because i can buy them in person at my FLGS without paying delivery. Given that my last pot of ceramite white turned to gloopy poo poo before I even opened it, I'm rapidly rethinking that idea...

I opened my pot of that rust technical paint the other night, and it was a solid putty. Opened for the first time, so I don't know what happened it. I need to just buy some good paint pots and transfer everything that is salvageable into them before the rest of my paints dry out.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lots of Sex Wang sounds coming out of this thread today.

HiveCommander posted:

So uh... Apparently citadel paints are having another price hike.

The RRP on paints will be increasing to £2.55 (currently £2.40).
Australia on the other hand; $8 (up from $6). Holy poo poo. I could make spaghetti for 4 at that price, what the actual gently caress is wrong with them??

Dear GW,

Besides some niche color choices, why would you buy GW paints?

OhDearGodNo posted:

I'm moving over to P3 paints, the only GW ones I'll likely stick with are specific washes and technicals.

P3+ Vallejo 4 lyfe

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

I hear wangs

everywhere

Hey remember when Luke and Wedge tag teamed that tie? Yeah :cool:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Leperflesh posted:

US customers can order from https://www.scalecreep.com.

Oh wow, thanks for this. I know about coat d'arms, it has just been a bitch to get a hold of in the US. There used to be I think one dealer in the country that was on the west coast with a remarkably bad website? This is much better.

Still clinging to the last dregs of my Elf Grey.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Hey remember when Luke and Wedge tag teamed that tie? Yeah :cool:

something something luke shot his load inside the death stars exhaust port something something

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Moola posted:

something something luke shot his load inside the death stars exhaust port something something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

P3+ Vallejo 4 lyfe

Are there conversion charts anywhere?

• Locked thread