Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
I really would kill for a storage box to plop extra weapons and armor into at least. I'm walking around with a 100 or so pounds of poo poo. Every time I loot a location I have to slog back to a merchant which may or may not buy particular items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

So can I count on a tangible reward later down the line if I refuse payment for a quest? I know if you do that with the merchant who is attacked by the griffon, then you get free food at the inn. I just finished the devil by the well and was wondering if the same kind of thing might happen if I let them keep the dowry.
You get a gem, iirc. And you can't count on it, no. Not every quest will do that, some will. I think you get increased xp for turning it down sometimes though.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Calaveron posted:

The Griffin gear set hunt is level 11 goddammit don't make me fight a level 14 wyvern to get it :qq:

What's the deal with this series' planet? Why come the sun is shining bright at like, 3 AM?

Dude, they tell you a million times they are in the north. Ever been to Stockholm in the summer?

I have a question: I can't tell how the game replenishes alchemy items. Does it use one alcohol to restock everything? One per item? Do bombs, oils, etc, also use alcohol?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Madcosby posted:

Things I'd like to see in future patches:

Geralt can use fast travel signs on his horse
Candles in front of loot or NPCs are gone.
~Inventory tabs for the following things:[list]
[*]Potions
[*]Decoctions
[*]Oils
[*]Food
[*]Notes
[*]Armor
[*]Weapons
[list]

~The ability to block when archers are shooting at me but melee combat has not started
~More Gwent cards for sale (I have pretty much given up on playing it anymore because everyone has a better deck than me because I have yet to find or win any good Northern Realms cards. I do have 5 Poor loving Infantry, though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any way to get that "control scheme changed" to NOT come up? I want to use my controller but take screenshots and it ends up on every goddamn screenshot.

Also using the controller in the tutorial for the Gwent thing doesn't display the back button properly. It comes up as code, not as game text.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Calaveron posted:

The Griffin gear set hunt is level 11 goddammit don't make me fight a level 14 wyvern to get it :qq:

What's the deal with this series' planet? Why come the sun is shining bright at like, 3 AM?

You're in the Northern Kingdoms and it's summer. In Scotland the sun rises at about 4am in June for instance.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

~Inventory tabs for the following things:[list]
[*]Potions
[*]Decoctions
[*]Oils
[*]Food
[*]Notes
[*]Armor
[*]Weapons
[list]

~The ability to block when archers are shooting at me but melee combat has not started
~More Gwent cards for sale (I have pretty much given up on playing it anymore because everyone has a better deck than me because I have yet to find or win any good Northern Realms cards. I do have 5 Poor loving Infantry, though.

Have you tried the Gwent: Velen quest? They're not too bad...unless your deck is really lovely. A hero card or two would help tremendously with it if you were lucky enough to get one yet.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm really glad I've focused on signs. I'm only level 5 but I've poured pretty much every point I have into sign upgrades (Axii and Igni). Axii let me kill bandits 12 levels higher than me and Igni does a fuckload of damage. It's amazing. I fought the (wild at heart quest) Werewolf and his regen meant diddly against my Igni. Granted, I have a total of like 30% boosted sign damage but my swords feel like toys compared to signs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

You don't have to fight the wyvern, and I thought it was actually kinda tricky to get it to the point where I actually could fight it

Well, he somehow managed to fly inside the tower so I'm fighting him in very tight quarters (which actually sorta works to my advantage, if he didn't two-shot me).
I just want to upgrade my dress-up doll, dammit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't understand gwent at all. 10 cards on a 22 card deck, and thats all you can ever draw? Why even bother with a deck then?

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Is anyone else really struggling with the soft target lock with mouse/keyboard? It seems like the smallest of camera movements will change the target you're attacking, even if the new target is outside your POV. And since every attack has these massively long animations I often find myself jumping in the wrong direction during combat with groups of enemies. It's ridiculously annoying. The hard target lock limits camera movement and visibility too much so I can't get comfortable with it either.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If we're talking about stuff we'd like to see in a patch, my biggest thing is a stash and a radial menu for potions so you can chug them mid-combat. I'm only going to use them maybe once or twice per fight so i don't see why i can't just open a menu like for signs and choose the one i want. Having to pause the game then use them through my inventory is dumb. Also, why can't i get a new horse? It's canon that Geralt always names his horse Roach so it's not like they'd need new dialogue. I just want a white horse.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zoo06 posted:

Have you tried the Gwent: Velen quest? They're not too bad...unless your deck is really lovely. A hero card or two would help tremendously with it if you were lucky enough to get one yet.
I have been trying to do it before I move on to Novigrad now that I finished the Bloody Baron/Crones storyline. The thing is, I usually get my rear end kicked or barely win a game and earn a lovely card. I have no heroes, a catapult worth 8 points, two other siege engines worth six, one Dun Banner Medic, two Crinfried(spelling?) Reavers, two Blue Stripes Commandos, a bunch of 5 power Ranged types, two decoys, a Dethmold, and a bunch of poo poo. I have to get really lucky to win a match against anyone with an above average deck. When I have won I've won lovely stuff like Poor loving Infantry, Redanian Foot Soldiers, and random Scoiatel or Monster deck cards that I cant use. I'm not getting that frustrated yet because I know it is just bad luck, but it is rather annoying.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There is a place of power NW of Downwarren on a mountain just SE of Dragonsalyer's Grotto
Forgot to say thank you for posting this: thank you! I had been avoiding that area because there is some level 20 monster nearby that almost one-shots me, heh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've never seen anything before so I figure I already know the answer to my question, but is there any storage system in this game? I'd love to dump stuff somewhere.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there any way to get that "control scheme changed" to NOT come up? I want to use my controller but take screenshots and it ends up on every goddamn screenshot.

Also using the controller in the tutorial for the Gwent thing doesn't display the back button properly. It comes up as code, not as game text.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt/bin/config/base/hidden.ini

Change LockControlScheme from 0 to 2.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've never seen anything before so I figure I already know the answer to my question, but is there any storage system in this game? I'd love to dump stuff somewhere.
Not that I have heard of. It would be nice. The game abstracts it by saying you have saddlebags on Roach but lets you keep everything essentially on your person.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't understand gwent at all. 10 cards on a 22 card deck, and thats all you can ever draw? Why even bother with a deck then?

There's card draw mechanics such as Spies, leader and race abilities and cards that pull all cards from the same tribe from your deck when you pull them. Also it would be pretty loving boring if you had the same hand every time. Note you can have more than 22 cards. You just need a minimum of 22 unit cards and you can have a maximum of 10 special cards. The only reason i can see of wanting more than 22 units is if you are running a monster deck with a lot of the aforementioned tribes that pull all similar cards from your deck.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Skellige is beautiful. I liked Vellen just fine, but it got a bit visually samey after a while. Skellige looks much more interesting. It reminds of the more lovely parts of Skyrim.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Best Gwent move ever

:iceburn:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

CJ posted:

You're in the Northern Kingdoms and it's summer. In Scotland the sun rises at about 4am in June for instance.

4:45 in Edinburgh this morning. :shepicide:

Playing havoc with my sleep cycle.

Also, Wyverns are made of paper, you guys, just kill the thing. Chorts, on the other hand...

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

If it's not skull just ignore the level you can take pretty much anything with enough dodging and quen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Not that I have heard of. It would be nice. The game abstracts it by saying you have saddlebags on Roach but lets you keep everything essentially on your person.

Yeah I know about the saddlebags and how they're meant to be where you're storing stuff. It's just not always enough. The 70 extra weight I get from mine is useless when I'm out exploring. This is part of why I hate encumbrance, it's a disincentive for exploration. And not being able to fast travel anywhere can make going back to town to sell excess baggage frustrating.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah I know about the saddlebags and how they're meant to be where you're storing stuff. It's just not always enough. The 70 extra weight I get from mine is useless when I'm out exploring. This is part of why I hate encumbrance, it's a disincentive for exploration. And not being able to fast travel anywhere can make going back to town to sell excess baggage frustrating.

Why can't you fast travel? All encumberance does is stop you fro msprinting. It doesn't affect riding or fast travel at all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Krogort posted:

Best Gwent move ever

:iceburn:
Good god where did you get so much awesome poo poo?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I guess it depends on what you are holding on to. I'm keeping a decent amount of stuff on me but since I got the 70 size saddlebags I have not managed to get encumbered. But I end up going back to town often because my weapons wear out :argh:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Did they patch out the seashell guy in Novigrad? I go to him and he never has shells...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJ posted:

Why can't you fast travel? All encumberance does is stop you fro msprinting. It doesn't affect riding or fast travel at all.

You misunderstand my meaning. You can't fast travel from anywhere, as in you have to find the fast travel markers. If you have a lot of stuff but are out in the middle of nowhere, you just have to suck it up and head back to town or the nearest marker. This can suck a lot when you're exploring the islands in Skellige by boat.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bort Bortles posted:

I have been trying to do it before I move on to Novigrad now that I finished the Bloody Baron/Crones storyline. The thing is, I usually get my rear end kicked or barely win a game and earn a lovely card. I have no heroes, a catapult worth 8 points, two other siege engines worth six, one Dun Banner Medic, two Crinfried(spelling?) Reavers, two Blue Stripes Commandos, a bunch of 5 power Ranged types, two decoys, a Dethmold, and a bunch of poo poo. I have to get really lucky to win a match against anyone with an above average deck. When I have won I've won lovely stuff like Poor loving Infantry, Redanian Foot Soldiers, and random Scoiatel or Monster deck cards that I cant use. I'm not getting that frustrated yet because I know it is just bad luck, but it is rather annoying.

Best advice i can give you is to make sure you don't have more than 22 units in your deck and limit the number of special cards. Also consider changing your leader ability to the one that gives you sunshine. For new cards make sure you check all the innkeepers, some of them will sell you 4 cards. Also if you have finished the Baron questline i heard you can get his unique card from a chest in his house but i can't confirm that because i got it from beating him.

Manatee Cannon posted:

You misunderstand my meaning. You can't fast travel from anywhere, as in you have to find the fast travel markers. If you have a lot of stuff but are out in the middle of nowhere, you just have to suck it up and head back to town or the nearest marker. This can suck a lot when you're exploring the islands in Skellige by boat.

If you are up to Skellige, you can get a 100 capacity saddlebag from the merchant in Putrid Grove.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Triss' new house in Novigrad is the best house. :haw:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Finished the game with a good ending, I think(OBVIOUSLY ENDING SPOILERS, DON'T READ!)
Seriously, spoilers.
Ciri came back from the White Frost and became a Witcher. Nilfgard conquered the Northern realms, but upheld their promise of restoring the Temerian kingdom, albeit as a Vassal of the empire. Geralt and Triss moved to Kovir, living happily ever after, seriously. I had to laugh a bit at that last part of the epilogue.

Amazing game from start to finish, I love that almost every single quest seemed to have a lot of effort put into them. This is probably going to be one of the very few games I shell out for DLC for.
Now onwards to playthrough 2.

Edit: unrelated, anyone know how to get further into that Iron Mine in Kaer Morhan? I've killed the Earth Elemental, but there's still a solid wall in my way. No, it's not an illusion, I've tested that.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 25, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please don't patch out stuff that gives the wary player an advantage but leave in the lovely things everyone hates like encumbrance and item degradation

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So what's that crystal skull for (the one from the beginning of the game)? Should I be hanging onto it?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Bort Bortles posted:

Good god where did you get so much awesome poo poo?

Most of the Gwent quest adversaries give you a Hero card, you also get a bunch from the main quest in Novigrad and from Zoltan's secondary quest.

Cards list
http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ahahah Djenge Frett

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CJ posted:

Best advice i can give you is to make sure you don't have more than 22 units in your deck and limit the number of special cards. Also consider changing your leader ability to the one that gives you sunshine. For new cards make sure you check all the innkeepers, some of them will sell you 4 cards. Also if you have finished the Baron questline i heard you can get his unique card from a chest in his house but i can't confirm that because i got it from beating him.
I only have 22 units, and some of them are garbage like 2 strength Yarpin Zigrin. I have two decoys, two Biting Frost because Melee is my weakest unit type, 1 rain, 1 fog, and two decoys. I am using the second Foltest because it gives you a sunshine, so I dont run a sunshine in my deck. I'm just having horrible luck.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That raven skull is Yen's, the same one she drops in the intro. I didn't even think of it being there, and hosed up some more... next playthrough it is then.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Krogort posted:

Most of the Gwent quest adversaries give you a Hero card, you also get a bunch from the main quest in Novigrad and from Zoltan's secondary quest.

Cards list
http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

Thats helpful I have a pretty solid Nilfgard deck with 5-6 hero's, but that is helpful each deck has its playstyle which is pretty cool

Monsters rely on spam primarily, Scoiatel can spam, but also use units that can be both Archers/Melee to gently caress with the enemy, the North is really good at linking units together and making them powerful, Nilfgard is best at regening powerful 10 strength cards via weak healers. Plus other than the neutral hero spy the North & Nilfgaard seem the only decks with spies (the best cards in the game)

go find innkeepers they usually have cards (not good ones but better than you have) and then play against merchants and such in Velen.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 25, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OAquinas posted:

1.04 just dropped.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
Overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
Game icon updated.
Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
I installed this. It hosed my control scheme and made it so you cannot mash E to loot the single items when picking plants, which is loving infuriating. I dont understand why when picking alchemy stuff from plants I have to click a second time on anything in the first place; I'm click on the plant to loot it and they only have one thing to loot anyway!. That is something Skyrim did right.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
loving hell, Whoreson. Did anyone not kill him? It felt wrong killing him in cold blood, but he was such a degenerate piece of poo poo, he simply had to go.

Also, on a related quest, I helped Roche with Ves, and that Milfgaardian survivor at the end... I talked Roche into killing him, because I didn't want Emhyr to hear about my ties to Roche.

Goddamnit, this game is doing things to me and I don't like it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Badly Jester posted:

loving hell, Whoreson. Did anyone not kill him? It felt wrong killing him in cold blood, but he was such a degenerate piece of poo poo, he simply had to go.
You did the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

I only have 22 units, and some of them are garbage like 2 strength Yarpin Zigrin. I have two decoys, two Biting Frost because Melee is my weakest unit type, 1 rain, 1 fog, and two decoys. I am using the second Foltest because it gives you a sunshine, so I dont run a sunshine in my deck. I'm just having horrible luck.

I'm doing okay with a Northern deck, but I need draw at least two of decoy, spy, or medic. If I don't have at least two from that group, I forfeit and try again. I'm low level in Velen, but I'm considering making a run into Novigrad to buy a Scorch and a second Catapult for the bond.