Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Linux Pirate posted:

Denver comic con

Shipwreck

Snake Eyes

Noob Saibot

I am looking to take a vacation to Denver and I was saddened to see I was too late for this.

These three are my favorites. :D

Maybe next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
There were a ton of those over the garden wall folks. As a gnome person I was curious as to what they were.

We had a great time. Dressed like hipster Luigi and Daisy and our baby was Daisy jr.

Ran into a client. I made his Riddick costume last year.

Wasted henchmen

Funhilde has a new favorite as of 03:46 on May 25, 2015

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Nanomachines, son.

drat, if only he didn't have to shop his forehead.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

These before and after photos are getting insane.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Waluigi :heysexy:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Best Iron Man Cosplay I've ever seen.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Linux Pirate posted:

Denver comic con

Commander Keen

I saw the helmet and shirt from a distance while sitting at my booth and started freaking out, but I couldn't tear myself away in time to catch him. So glad you got a photo of that guy!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Say Nothing posted:

Nanomachines, son.

Someone needs to contact this dude right now about winning every costume contest ever

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

I am looking to take a vacation to Denver and I was saddened to see I was too late for this.

These three are my favorites. :D

Maybe next year.

Bummer. There is still stuff to do here so don't let that stop you from visiting, but if you're in town around this time next year defiantly it check out, it's always pretty fun.

Boomerjinks posted:

I saw the helmet and shirt from a distance while sitting at my booth and started freaking out, but I couldn't tear myself away in time to catch him. So glad you got a photo of that guy!

Glad to be of service. :cheers:

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.

Linux Pirate posted:

Quetzalcoatlus I think

This is awesome.

I went for a short while and dressed up, but had to work earlier that day so I ran out of energy. Maybe next year. :sigh:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Say Nothing posted:

Protein shakes, son.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

Say Nothing posted:

Nanomachines, son.

Similarly:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Nanomachines, son.

It ain't Armstrong without the sneer

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Linux Pirate posted:

Denver comic con

Snake Eyes

Boomerjinks' Ecto 1 spotted.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah even if you can find a 100% safe way to do it, no good person should look at a dyed pet without thinking just a little bit that maybe you should not put an animal through that. It's like feeding them lovely food like cake or something because it's their birthday. Stop being a dumb human.

First, that article is on Cesar Milan's website, written by someone who evidently believes there are no dyes "officially" okay for dogs, which is either no longer true, or was quite possibly perfectly true but Cesar Milan's website knows nothing about dogs. Both are equally likely, as Milan is a dog-beating piece of poo poo that can't tell his dog from his rear end. Second, yes people shouldn't torture their animals by giving them a bowl of food and massaging them with stinky stuff. Behold, An Abused Dogge, cosplaying as a rainbow:

(beard man is not holding dog's leg, he's working on the green as you can see from his gloves)

PS if you, too, would like to abuse a dog, here's your stuff (probably not safe for cats) http://www.amazon.com/DOG-HAIR-DYE-PINK-Semi-permanent/dp/B00CJTD29Q or you can use kool-aid paste for a less permanent fix available in fewer colors

edit: also, if the pikachu image is real and not photoshopped, it can be accomplished with colored chalk dust and a very cooperative animal, but it washes off immediately. If they actually dyed a cat they're assholes because even though there's dog dye, I'm pretty sure there's no cat dye, and they are really small so it would be easy to poison one :ohdear:

Pile of Kittens has a new favorite as of 10:17 on May 25, 2015

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Even when using colouring and materials that are safe for pets so that there is no physical harm, painting and dressing up pets comes across as really unsympathetic still because it is done entirely for the benefit of the owner and reduces the pet into a prop or plaything

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Say Nothing posted:

It's the same person.

When I first saw this, I thought she was cosplaying as John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Gorilla Salad posted:

When I first saw this, I thought she was cosplaying as John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.

So did I, but I almost always assume the worst case scenario

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For a second I thought that Sir Patrick Stewart was photobombing them.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Grandmother of Five posted:

Even when using colouring and materials that are safe for pets so that there is no physical harm, painting and dressing up pets comes across as really unsympathetic still because it is done entirely for the benefit of the owner and reduces the pet into a prop or plaything

Yes, it's too bad that dogs hate playing with and/or going places in public with their owners where they are highly likely to be given a lot of attention and petting. Terribly abusive.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

So did I, but I almost always assume the worst case scenario

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not sure how it would harm the dog if the dog doesn't care. There is an unfortunate trend of people projecting their emotions on their pets and making assumptions on their emotional state. Just because you feeeeeeeel like Professor Boom Boom doesn't like having a purple tail, doesn't mean that the dog gives a poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think you should err on the side of the dog caring, which is just generally good advice for the care of animals. Please do not dye your pets.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
There is an unfortunate trend of people projecting their emotions on their pets, said a man in the defense of people dressing up their pets

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Empathy is such an unfortunate trend.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
RULES OF NATURE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kojiro posted:

RULES OF NATURE

He should err on the side of dawg caring when it comes to cosplay

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Giving your dog cyber augs may look cool and make them a more efficient killer but the benefit is purely for the owner and may cause the dog discomfort.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
All these years I thought my dog wagging his tail meant he was happy but it turns out he was trying to tell me I was triggering him by forcing him to constantly retrieve a ball I may or may not have thrown

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Years ago I got as a gift a coffee table book on painted cats. Some of them were purely artistic and colorful, some had real patterns on them (like done up to look like a pig for instance) and the commentary was ridiculous because they treated it all like top shelf art critics and that every color choice had a deep, political meaning behind it, rather than the fact that it was obvious that in some cases people just liked painting their cats. It did however mention some cases where it was very clear the cats were aware of their paint job. Most notably three cats painted different colors at some home for disabled kids or something like that. They each had matching bowls to their color, and instinctively knew which bowl matched which cat. That said, they certainly didn't seem to mind that they were a new color. If the dye is non-harmful, it isn't hurting the animal.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Also, please don't dye your hair a new color. Or even cut it.

Hitler.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can someone call animal control? I can't call because I'm using the Internet right now.

Content:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

:coffeepal: let's go outside and play!

:staredog: only if you dress me up as your favourite cartoon character and i get to enter an exhibition with the express intention of being paraded around in order to evoke reactions in spectators and judges

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

:coffeepal: let's go outside and play!

:staredog: only if you dress me up as your favourite cartoon character and i get to enter an exhibition with the express intention of being paraded around in order to evoke reactions in spectators and judges

does your dog talk to you

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Linux Pirate posted:

Denver comic con

Ash Stormtrooper

Stop mugging for the camera and catch that Jedi (?) walking around behind you. Order 66 says gotta catch 'em all!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I actually have Aquaman powers and can confirm fish don't mind costumes.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Cats love dressing like gnomes and wizards

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Funhilde posted:

Cats love dressing like gnomes and wizards

Like anyone could ever get informed consent from a cat.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

I have never met someone more eager to be offended than you are. Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*shoves cats head into a bucket of paint* I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU, MR. SCRUNCHES

• Locked thread