Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Does going to the isle of mists trigger the endgame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Yrden makes drowners a lot easier, I've found. Quen is kind of a waste of time (unless you have it upgraded?) because they hit fast and often. I don't have Tawny Owl, though, even after like 30 hours of playing.

Also when you set one on fire with igni, switch to a different target. Attacking the same target again will break the "on fire" effect, which means you've lost the crowd control and heavy damage they take from being on fire

Do you mean something else? Because Tawny Owl should be the very first potion you start with.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone remember where I can find the Moon Dust bomb formula?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hero cards are loving BULLSHIT

I am so mad at this video game right now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^ I think Hero Cards are actually super limited in some respects. You cant decoy them back out, you can't use a horn on them. Yea they're immune to negative effects but they're completely static.

Ra-amun posted:

All it takes to be rich in PMS 2k15 is the ability to murder hundreds of bandits and fence their stolen gear to some merchant. Really, the witcher thing is just a sideshow compared to what selling rusty swords and maces will get you.

War profiteering is quite profitable in Peasant Misery Simulator, which makes sense.

Memento posted:

I'm clearly doing something wrong because even with the massive saddlebags full of Novigard and Velen longswords and the occasional large mace, I still only make enough money from selling them to cover repairs. Like, a sword that has a value of 67 when I mouse over it in my inventory will sell for 8, even to a blacksmith who should be all about swords. Do I need to charm them first to make them pay me full value? Even half value would be a massive step up.

You're just selling lower level gear itll get better quickly. I went from broke to totally fine in 2-3 levels. If you want some quick cash, there's a guy in Oxenfurt selling seashells. Deconstruct them at a blacksmith and sell those pearls for 100-200 a pop. Every seashell has a pearl which begs the question why aren't more people at the beach? It must be those loving drowners.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 26, 2015

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't understand gwent at all. 10 cards on a 22 card deck, and thats all you can ever draw? Why even bother with a deck then?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I finally figured out Gwent

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Hero cards are loving BULLSHIT

Don't worry GreenBuckaneer if you don't understand or can't deal with something it's invariably someone else's fault.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Pellisworth posted:

Just so you know, most of the drowner camps in the starting area start with a couple of explosive barrels in the middle. Just blow the fuckers up

I'm in the first area that isn't White Harbor or whatever, these aren't low level drowners they're all around my level (4).

I finally beat them with the advice about the fire spell. Attack the ones that aren't on fire. THe spells are all quite fun, I've bene leveling up alchemy but I might switch to those if I ever find the respec potion.

Does anyone know where you find hte key to unlock the merchant near the Crow's Roost? THe blood baron's house, forgot the name.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have played 32 hours of The Witcher Wild Hunt.

I have played 0 minutes of Gwent. :frogc00l:

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
I hit a horizon where I'm suddenly drawing at least 2-3 hero cards per match and I'm about ready to pull some from my deck in favor of normal cards. They don't respond to the battlehorn buff either, they don't have the bonuses like 'tight bond' that can shoot your attack strength up like crazy... 10str without other abilities starts to feel very underpowered.

On the other hand it's great when my opponent throws a lot of heroes down, because then I can bait them and decoy my normal units back into my hand (or plan to medic them later) and throw the round, and be absolutely sure they won't be coming back.

Question though, my next quest opponent is Lambert and he's in Kaer Morhen right now. Is that past a point of no return? I'm mostly done with Novigrad and have barely started Skellige.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 26, 2015

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

^^^^^I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing. I'm about ready to only leave Geralt and Ciri in along with Yennefer since she has a medic ability. All the 10 power heroes lose their value if you can get an 8 or 10 power regular card to replace them.

Orv posted:

What did you do in Zoltan's quest? Did you let that poor peasant die

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

The Crooked Warden posted:

Does going to the isle of mists trigger the endgame?

Nope. There's a surprising amount more after that. This game never ends.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You bet I did.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Orv posted:

Me neither, I've hated the stupid little games htey put in RPGs since like kotor or whoever did it first. If i wanted to play a CCG (i don't) I'd do it irl

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Me neither, I've hated the stupid little games htey put in RPGs since like kotor or whoever did it first. If i wanted to play a CCG (i don't) I'd do it irl

My issue derives not from it being a CCG (a thing(s) that I love) but from it being CCG against AI. Might as well take a cheese grater to my balls and whistle Dixie.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Orv posted:

You bet I did.

Hahaha, awesome. So long as you aren't killing friendly trolls or Keira we're cool. Trolls are strictly off limits (unless you can't talk your way out of it) :colbert:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Don't worry GreenBuckaneer if you don't understand or can't deal with something it's invariably someone else's fault.

You really need to shut the gently caress up, because you ragging on me is getting very old.

edit: Yeah hero cards are static, but when you don't have any hero cards they're pretty annoying...

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

If anyone has them, would you mind throwing up some pictures of the superior/masterwork Griffin Armor as well as the Superior/Masterwork Feline? I've seen the Ursine, and I want to compare for purposes of making my Geralt Barby the prettiest I can.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hahaha, awesome. So long as you aren't killing friendly trolls or Keira we're cool. Trolls are strictly off limits (unless you can't talk your way out of it) :colbert:

Uh, I regret a decision regarding the latter immensely? :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't really touched gwent either. There are just more fun things to do than play a card game against ai.

I'm actually shocked they didn't release a gwent phone app though. That might get me hooked.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Orv posted:

My issue derives not from it being a CCG (a thing(s) that I love) but from it being CCG against AI. Might as well take a cheese grater to my balls and whistle Dixie.

It also feels really simple and boring compared to real CCGs imo.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

^^^^^I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing. I'm about ready to only leave Geralt and Ciri in along with Yennefer since she has a medic ability. All the 10 power heroes lose their value if you can get an 8 or 10 power regular card to replace them.

Eh for the Nilfgardians Menno Coehorn is also a medic which is nice and Strength 10.

Also... mods can we get the thread renamed to Witcher Wild Hunt: Peasant Misery Simulator 2K15 or something like that.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
The entire reunion at Kaer Morhen had me smiling like an idiot the entire time. playing " never have I ever" with your witcher bros and getting so shitfaced you can barely stand until one of you has the brilliant idea to use the megascope to contact the lodge and "call over some bitches." That you need to fool. By dressing up in Yen's clothes. loving GOTY 20XX.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Orv posted:

You bet I did.

This is me as well. I wasn't about to play a card game, even if that guy's life depended on it.

Ciri's in serious trouble if this ever happens to her.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

^^^^ Speaking of, does anyone else love when you can just buy your way out of small problems? You want me to race for that guys' debts? How much is it to pay it myself? 200? gently caress it, here you go you little halfling. I use my second hand weapon selling business to fund microgrants to the poor peasants and non humans.

Orv posted:

Uh, I regret a decision regarding the latter immensely? :ohdear:

Haha, I figure anyone who can be sent to Kaer Morhen has to be at least mildly important for endgame poo poo. Luckily my Geralt is a master of negotiations and always looks out for his friends even Letho.

Jack2142 posted:

Eh for the Nilfgardians Menno Coehorn is also a medic which is nice and Strength 10.

Also... mods can we get the thread renamed to Witcher Wild Hunt: Peasant Misery Simulator 2K15 or something like that.

I haven't gotten that one yet but it looks very handy. Also that spy hero is great and I want it.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 26, 2015

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
Be honest, you're mad about hero cards because you just scorched a bunch of your own cards by mistake, right? (I have done the same thing a jillion times.)

I'm enjoying Gwent in a gamey way but I admit I kind of hate it as part of the world. Where are these cards coming from? How are 'unique' cards a thing at all? Who is verifying authenticity? It makes no loving sense from a lore perspective. Dice poker was less entertaining to play but made perfect sense in context, even cheating AI could just have weighted dice - and the journal entries outright declared that the reason Geralt won dice poker tournaments was by cheating better than the other guy.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mad about it, there are just so many unanswered questions that it feels like a completely trivial yet irresolvable plot hole and it bugs me a little every time it comes up.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Haha, I figure anyone who can be sent to Kaer Morhen has to be at least mildly important for endgame poo poo. Luckily my Geralt is a master of negotiations and always looks out for his friends even Letho.

I haven't gotten that one yet but it looks very handy. Also that spy hero is great and I want it.

Oh Letho is chilling in Kaer Morhen no problems. I said it before but the conversation of import with Keira escalates way quicker than pretty much any other conversation that isn't destined to end in conflict and it caught me way off guard. Refuse to reload major decisions sadly. Have to wait for when I replay the game after the two expansions are out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Manatee Cannon posted:

This is me as well. I wasn't about to play a card game, even if that guy's life depended on it.

Ciri's in serious trouble if this ever happens to her.

Yeah I played it once by accident against a merchant who I beat and then whatever. It's not a bad little game, but I'm not playing Witcher 3 to play cards, I'm playing it to skewer monsters with my silver sword, bandits with my steel sword and sorceresses with my pork sword. :pervert:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does anyone remember where the key is for the cage with the merchant near the Pontar crossing? I killed the nearby bandits and they didn't have it. The lootable chest nearby didn't either

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Does anyone remember where the key is for the cage with the merchant near the Pontar crossing? I killed the nearby bandits and they didn't have it. The lootable chest nearby didn't either

Never found it and he vanished a few days later. :shrug:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Alternatively Witcher Wild Hunt: Do you even Gwent bro?

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

I remember it being on a corpse but that was a long time ago. Did you kill the horsemen patrolling around the camp?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Orv posted:

Oh Letho is chilling in Kaer Morhen no problems. I said it before but the conversation of import with Keira escalates way quicker than pretty much any other conversation that isn't destined to end in conflict and it caught me way off guard. Refuse to reload major decisions sadly. Have to wait for when I replay the game after the two expansions are out.

That worked out for me because they had conversation options that perfectly captured what I was thinking (I love when this happens) so she told me her plan and out loud I said "That's crazy and he's just going to burn you" and hey look that's a conversation option.

There was another one during the serial killer quest where this peasant who picks up the bodies was just being a bit of an rear end and I wanted to punch him. Game promptly has conversation option "Hit him". Oh well, thank you I will.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Geralt and the Star Trek Fetus :allears:

also get rekt baron haha wasn't even hard :smuggo: on the fifth attempt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQYoXJdgTg

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Psiharis posted:

Be honest, you're mad about hero cards because you just scorched a bunch of your own cards by mistake, right? (I have done the same thing a jillion times.)

I'm enjoying Gwent in a gamey way but I admit I kind of hate it as part of the world. Where are these cards coming from? How are 'unique' cards a thing at all? Who is verifying authenticity? It makes no loving sense from a lore perspective. Dice poker was less entertaining to play but made perfect sense in context, even cheating AI could just have weighted dice - and the journal entries outright declared that the reason Geralt won dice poker tournaments was by cheating better than the other guy.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mad about it, there are just so many unanswered questions that it feels like a completely trivial yet irresolvable plot hole and it bugs me a little every time it comes up.

No, I don't have a scorch card. I was battling that dude in Visima after talking to the emperor. He'd frequently pull a 10+ hero card out of his rear end to beat me by 1 point while I'm out of cards. And of course, Nilfgard wins in the case of a tie. I beat him but not without being frustrated (I wanted to beat him before I left, in case I couldn't get whatever card he had, which was Foltest. Not pleased lol)

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Accidentally played Gwent with Roche with the Scoia'tael deck equipped. Fitting though, considering I sided with Iorveth in 2. But in order of racial traits, form worst to best, I'd say:

Scoia'tael
Northern
Monsters
Nilfgaard.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Darth Windu posted:

Should be on the bandit leader. Don't sweat it if you don't find it though, none of the merchant you rescue from cages have anything important.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Dammit, one of the sidequests is bugged for me. I'm supposed to get on a ship with Yennefer but the game won't respond when I try to take the helm. Amusingly the game glitched out a couple times and dropped me from the skybox into the boat while I was walking around mashing X, which caused a funny looking death.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Guys run a Nilfgard deck it is way better than them lovely Northern Realms decks scrubs use...

The best feeling though is playing against scoiatel/monster spam deck where they drop a ton of melee units, drop a freeze on them then have the trogdor the burninator dragon card kill 10 cards in one move. :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's gotta be a bug that they have this nice little fold up menu for all of you crafting/alchemy and the whole thing just fully expands when you come back to the menu right? that's so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I've hit a bug with Moon Dust formulas. I made the base bombs and then later on found the enhanced and superior formulas but they don't show up in my alchemy menu to actually make them.
It only seems to affect Moon Dust as all other formulas are showing up.
Anyone know of a fix?