Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bayo 2 is amazing bur TW101 is the best videogame ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

IronicDongz posted:

do you just not like action games, or

i love action games, i just don't like playing through a gothic kids wet dream from 2005

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it too early for Nintendo E3 predictions because I have no idea what to expect this year

Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblde Chronicles X, #FE, Starfox, Smash DLC, Splatoon updates are all very to somewhat certain.

Maybe unannounced single-player 3D Mario game and maybe Metroid(s) but that might be saved for the anniversary next year.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh my god he's fuzzy. :3:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

noirstronaut posted:

i love action games, i just don't like playing through a gothic kids wet dream from 2005

Ah, goth kids, the stereotypical audience for goofy camp over-the-top comedy

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Suaimhneas posted:

judging by how many animes follow this facade, yes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

bayo 2 is good but its not as good as bayo 1 or the wonderful 101

I am sorry Sharrrk but the only thing Bayo 1 has over 2 is the climax, that and it feels like 2 should of had a few more stages to it. Plot spoilers for the ending if you care right behind the big bad guy is one of those diamond shapes you jump through and you can kinda tell they were going to originally have a stage or two after it but most likely ran out of time but what can you do

I'll trade a slightly shorter game for no more cheap deaths any day of the week.

Edit: Please don't get uh... noirstronaut-reaped friends?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm pretty sure noirstronaut just hasn't ever played a bayonetta game

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I'm pretty sure noirstronaut just hasn't ever played a game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This action game with an amazing online co-op mode is not as good as this action game without one. Wrong.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ah, the gothic melodrama,

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Play W101 first because it came out first.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

i have over 1000 hours logged into animal crossing so you can gently caress the heck off

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

i have over 1000 hours logged into animal crossing so you can gently caress the heck off

Ok.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

gently caress you. Now I wanna play it again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I am sorry Sharrrk but the only thing Bayo 1 has over 2 is the climax, that and it feels like 2 should of had a few more stages to it. Plot spoilers for the ending if you care right behind the big bad guy is one of those diamond shapes you jump through and you can kinda tell they were going to originally have a stage or two after it but most likely ran out of time but what can you do

I'll trade a slightly shorter game for no more cheap deaths any day of the week.

Edit: Please don't get uh... noirstronaut-reaped friends?

I feel like Bayo 1 was far more ridiculous and over the top, which I'm a fan of, but Bayo 2 is SOOOOO much prettier :swoon:'

The Gates of Paradiso is an AWESOME looking setpiece, I wish they had done more with hell. It felt like kind of wasted potential.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, if you buy the 3DGB Mario 3D World/Nintendoland console bundle from Target ($300) you can get select games for half price (Mario Kart, Smash, Mario Party, Captain Toad): http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=...earchTerm=wii+u

That same console bundle is available elsewhere for less but I figure people might have gift cards for Target or something.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Oh wow, they're calling it Sky Pop? :3:

I'm cautiously looking forward to this game; I'm just worried that it'll be incredibly easy, way too short, or both.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i'll bet the money it costs to house a 45-year old bayo fan that it's both short and easy

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

i'll bet the money it costs to house a 45-year old bayo fan that it's both short and easy

like your mom?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SatansBestBuddy posted:

like your mom?

He looks at your post and says wow. Because wow is his mom flipped over.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

BFC posted:

Going to safely assume you're not on Veteran, otherwise you'd probably break the console or your tv over that guy.

Nope, veteran

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SatansBestBuddy posted:

like your mom?

does this make you my new dad

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

does this make you my new dad

yes also you're grounded

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I am sorry Sharrrk

its ok i accept your apology

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
"Bopopolis"... oh yeah I think I recognize that name from the Wii U thread.

:gonk:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Did someone start a "Let's see who can be the biggest shitposter in this thread" contest that I didn't notice or what?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Freshly Baked Cookies

Didn't expect epic yarn music, guy has a lot of footage up if you want more.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
If I buy a powered USB hub will I be able to connect only one end of the Y cable to the Wii U thus enabling the use of both the GC adapter and a USB hard drive?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TEHJOE posted:

If I buy a powered USB hub will I be able to connect only one end of the Y cable to the Wii U thus enabling the use of both the GC adapter and a USB hard drive?

Not sure if it'd work out, but the Wii U has four USB entrances anyway.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TEHJOE posted:

The GC adapter needs to two slots, doesn't it? And Y cables won't work unless they're both plugged in. It's uh. kinda how that whole thing works.

But yeah, there are two in the front and two in the back.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the GC adapter still works if you only use one slot, it just disables rumble.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Freshly Baked Cookies

oh HELL yes

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Freshly Baked Cookies

Please let this be a good Yoshi game. :smith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Firstborn posted:

I appreciate that, I just thought you guys would like the goofy story of me reading the text crawl on Legend of Zelda like it was the ten commandments or something. :D

My Zelda kid story is that I got the VC version because my kids like playing Four Swords on 3DS so much. Each of them, independent of one another, skipped the story part, started the game, and mostly walked into monsters until they died a few times then quit.

It was weird, it's not like they didn't know how to play because the Four Swords gameplay is practically the same.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The difference is that it's actually possible to die in the first Zelda game without deliberate effort as opposed to Zeldas made in the 6th gen and onwards. Not trying to sound like a dick about that, but TP came out when I was 11 and even then I could notice that enemies were pretty unthreatening in terms of damage output. Even if you just picked up the dungeon Heart Containers, it'd probably take putting down the controller for a quarter hour for Ganondorf to kill you.

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 26, 2015

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Motto posted:

but TP came out when I was 11

God drat I'm old.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Silvain posted:

God drat I'm old.

Even for me it's really weird to think of the game as having come out nine years ago come November. A lot of late 6th and general 7th gen games still register as recent to me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

The difference is that it's actually possible to die in the first Zelda game without deliberate effort as opposed to Zeldas made in the 6th gen and onwards. Not trying to sound like a dick about that, but TP came out when I was 11 and even then I could notice that enemies were pretty unthreatening in terms of damage output. Even if you just picked up the dungeon Heart Containers, it'd probably take putting down the controller for a quarter hour for Ganondorf to kill you.

I can't remember for TP, but for SS the enemies start doing way more damage as the game goes on. And the final boss kind of kicked my rear end my first time through, only surviving with half a heart despite having had a couple of fairies and potions as well. Although, that was probably helped by the fact that I was not great at the game. Dying was still a very real threat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, in spite of being a pretty flawed game, SS did a better job of not being a complete cakewalk, though some bosses still get pretty quickly curbstomped by the dungeon item.

• Locked thread