Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Jorah is going to infect her entire army, it's going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Jorah is going to infect her entire army, it's going to be great.

Did they ever establish how long it takes for greyscale to kill you? If it's slow enough having a zombie greyscale army might actually prove to be to her advantage assuming she's willing to play the role of Plague Queen.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Grey scale lasts as long as it takes for you to accomplish your mission/find a way to die heroically

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
A Proposal Regarding Regime Change, addressed to all Nobles and Lords of Westeros

The zombies won't want to invade if we are all already zombies.

Warmest Regards,
Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

dik-dik posted:

And yeah, they definitely sped through things that took ages in the books, but that's partly just because having 10 hours of Tyrion thinking to himself silently would not make great TV. Also, don't get me wrong, I love the books, but I do think they could have benefited from some deft editing, especially the last couple which just took way longer to get where they were going than they needed to.

I agree that a lot of the slave stuff for Tyrion needed to be cut but everything he's done has been cut - in essentially one episode of action we've left all of his chapters.
That seems extreme and makes it feel like a waste of my time, you know?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If you enjoyed reading the books, then you didn't waste your time. If didn't enjoy reading them, then you wasted your time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Lycus posted:

If you enjoyed reading the books, then you didn't waste your time. If didn't enjoy reading them, then you wasted your time.

I was going to say this.

The story in the books is for the books, the story in the show is for the show.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Yeah, I guess I don't understand what you mean about it being a waste.

Also I imagine a lot of the stuff they cut is going to be reworked into the show in some other way unless the entire Griff/Prince Aegon plot ends up being a giant red herring and the showrunners just ignore it entirely (which is entirely possible).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I didn't get how Dany couldn't recognize a man who literally hasn't changed his clothes since the show began

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Unless you were gonna cure cancer with that time. If so, I think you made the wrong call.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I'm pretty sure she did recognize him almost immediately. "Surrogate daddy is back yay! Wait I'm supposed to be mad, grr mad face!"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Lycus posted:

Dance and Feast were pretty poo poo. But they felt like they were going somewhere.

Now they're just poo poo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hey guys Loras isn't gonna just start murdering dudes just because they grabbed him. He's a highborn dude and his sister is the queen, even if he thought he was getting kidnapped or something they would want him alive anyway. He's also never really been portrayed as hotheaded except for maybe when Renly got murdered.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 26, 2015

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Why did that girl need to show Bronn her tits? I am terribly confused by this show.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I'm still a bit miffed that they didn't include all the servants complaining to Cersei about the horrifying screams of women coming up from Qyburn's dungeon/lab. Because seeing Cersei continue to be distracted by Marge while a literal Nazi necromancer is just chilling below her was one of the best parts of her chapters.

Like, this actually happens multiple times in the 4th book. Some other plot point is occurring and Cersei will briefly think about all the prisoners that are missing from the dungeons since Qyburn moved in down there, but then she'll become distracted and forget to follow-up on it.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Taear posted:

I agree that a lot of the slave stuff for Tyrion needed to be cut but everything he's done has been cut - in essentially one episode of action we've left all of his chapters.
That seems extreme and makes it feel like a waste of my time, you know?

On a scale of 1-5, how many shits do you give about where whores go

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XL1m89nkk8

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

vonnegutt posted:

Honestly, it never occured to me that she had 'lost'. During that scene I was saying to myself, "The Queen of Thorns is going to be obvious and ask him if he wants money?" But then it seemed like she was pushing him to say what he really wanted: justice with no person being higher than any other. She asks him and he says it a couple of times, really.

And by the end of the episode Cersei was in a black cell...

I think she went to him with the intention of getting her grandchildren out, but realized as they talked that he couldn't be bribed or coerced, but that she could use his own beliefs to target her enemies as well.

Yeah, I think we're in agreement here. She wasn't able to get her grandchildren out but was able to put Cersei into the Dungeon.

SexyBlindfold posted:

As it was mentioned, I'd be all for seeing the Faith Militant (and its leader in particular) as defending the interests of the smallfolk and fighting back against the nobles that keep throwing poo poo at them and sending them to die, but so far the main concerns that the FM has shown are:

1. Did you have smoking hot dude sex
2. Did you witness smoking hot dude sex and fail to alert the proper authorities
3. Did you have any other kind of sex, apparently
4. Do you have access to booze, brothels, or R'hllor action figurines

None of these seem to address the main concerns of the smallfolk (i.e. not starving and/or getting sworded up for bullshit political reasons). If we were truly meant to believe they have the interests of the common people at heart, we would have seen their goons doing something other than gay bashing.

As a previous poster said, the FM does serve as a clear signal that the smallfolk are getting fed up with this poo poo, but they ain't exactly the champions of the people.

The High Sparrow was shown in an earlier episode in a Faith MIlitant soup kitchen handing out food to the common people.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

dik-dik posted:

Other than the Sansa plot I feel like most of the changes have been more in the "how" than in the "what." They've mostly hit the same beats and reached the same plot points but changed the mechanism of getting there. For example, all the details of Cersei's plot have changed, but the end result is still the same. It's been a while since I read the books, though, so I'm probably forgetting a lot. Any plot changes in particular you feel are just unreconcilable?
Except for Harrenhall and the bits involving the Brotherhood without Banners the Riverlands plotlines have been pretty much excised completely.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Why did that girl need to show Bronn her tits? I am terribly confused by this show.

They were really nice tits. That's why.

Also, to get the blood to pump faster to spread the poison I guess?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Who else's tits were they gonna show this episode? They didn't really have much choice.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Pikehead posted:

The High Sparrow was shown in an earlier episode in a Faith MIlitant soup kitchen handing out food to the common people.

That was how he was introduced even; they set that angle up right from the start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poor Aemon, I had kind of hoped he might live long enough to see Dany somehow :shobon:

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

A Proposal Regarding Regime Change, addressed to all Nobles and Lords of Westeros

The zombies won't want to invade if we are all already zombies.

BURN THEM ALL, WarmeBURN them all.... Burnest regar.... Regard them all burn..... Warmest Regards,
Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Failing the HBO boob quota as a showrunner is punishable by death.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Jerusalem posted:

Poor Aemon, I had kind of hoped he might live long enough to see Dany somehow :shobon:

But he never had a reason to have met Dany, right? I assumed he'd been in the Night's Watch since forever.

Doesn't Castle Black need a new Maester? Do they just send a raven and request a replacement, or do they pay for Sam taking classes like an MBA?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I'm still a bit miffed that they didn't include all the servants complaining to Cersei about the horrifying screams of women coming up from Qyburn's dungeon/lab. Because seeing Cersei continue to be distracted by Marge while a literal Nazi necromancer is just chilling below her was one of the best parts of her chapters.

Like, this actually happens multiple times in the 4th book. Some other plot point is occurring and Cersei will briefly think about all the prisoners that are missing from the dungeons since Qyburn moved in down there, but then she'll become distracted and forget to follow-up on it.

I don't know what Cersei would have to follow up on since she was the one supplying Qyburn with all his human guinea pigs, and not only gave him permission to do all his Mengele stuff, but actively encouraged it and egged him on every step of the way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xealot posted:

But he never had a reason to have met Dany, right? I assumed he'd been in the Night's Watch since forever.

No reason beyond it would have been nice for the two last known Targaryens to have had a chance to meet, if only because of how obvious it was how bitterly it hurt him to have to stay at the Wall true to his vows as his entire family was brutally murdered. I'm sure he heard all about her exploits across the Narrow Sea and it must have given him some sense of happiness to know his bloodline wasn't going to die out after all, and maybe there would be some kind of "justice" for his family, but I always kinda half-hoped that there would be even an outside chance that the two would meet even briefly.

But now his Watch is ended :unsmith:

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

In the books he basically thinks she's the promised one and gets really bummed that he's too old do go and help her out

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

qyburn has a room like the faceless man museum but its for dicks

Qyburn is actually the Cock Merchant

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

You know, the more I think about cock merchant(and I think about it a lot), I'm actually thinking it's not so ridiculous in this world. Consider how much the Chinese pay for tiger cock. A speculative cock merchant has to be very excited about the future prospect of selling dragon cock within the next several years.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
My father was a cock merchant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Qyburn is actually the Cock Merchant

First he wanted all those dwarf heads, now this?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

First he wanted all those dwarf heads, now this?

That's been his goal all along, he just didn't want to correct Cersei when she misinterpreted what he meant by "dwarf head"

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Blazing Ownager posted:

I honestly kind of hope Bron decides to stay in Dorn with her and just say screw it to the rest of Westeros.

GoT Season 6: Making the 8 with Bronn

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

My father was a cock merchant.

So he directed Spartacus?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Brother Lancel, please explain for the court what you mean by a *squints hesitantly at notes* cummy tummy

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

dik-dik posted:

That's been his goal all along, he just didn't want to correct Cersei when she misinterpreted what he meant by "dwarf head"

:staredog:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Fun Fact: That actress was like 13 when this show started airing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also it's kind of cool to spend so many years in Kings Landing and then see it transforming in realtime to Mad Max

Weird disgraced maester making zombies, end of times prophesizers taking over the city. Give Tommen a horse with 3 skulls taped to the side to ride throughout the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I do like how Winterfell is battered by blizzards and the north has become a frozen hellhole. To empathise how close winter is, it'd be cool if in Episode 10 it started snowing in King's Landing, maybe.

• Locked thread