Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
go is actually bad hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

shagger !!! :iamafag: but no not really. for example this is a bigger framework that has an orm and the whole nine yards (go is actually really popular in china)

http://beego.me/

looks bad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
go is good. but i dont use that framework. i use gin
https://github.com/gin-gonic/gin

but hell since you all seem so interested there are plenty of others, like martini is pretty popular (it uses reflection i dont like it)
https://github.com/go-martini/martini

revel
https://revel.github.io/

http router
https://github.com/julienschmidt/httprouter

gorilla
http://www.gorillatoolkit.org/

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

why do they all have stupid names?
in fact why do all frameworks have stupid names?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what should they be called awia

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'll stick with hunchentoot and my bespoke RESTful macro framework tyvm

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

pram posted:

what should they be called awia

go web framework 1, 2, 3 an 4

pram
Jun 10, 2001

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i'll stick with hunchentoot and my bespoke RESTful macro framework tyvm

it actually sounds like this is poo poo

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's nice to see shaggar directed at somebody else for once

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

gonadic io posted:

it's nice to see shaggar directed at somebody else for once

you just point shaggar in the right direction, then come back later to clean up the mess

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

it actually sounds like this is poo poo

cl at least has a more robust object system AND higher order functions. a true modern language :smugmrgw:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pram posted:

shagger !!! :iamafag: but no not really. for example this is a bigger framework that has an orm and the whole nine yards (go is actually really popular in china)

http://beego.me/

i'm the person using a web framework whose only notable users on its website are chinese companies

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

i'm the person using a web framework whose only notable users on its website are chinese companies

wow racist trap sprung

pram
Jun 10, 2001

triple sulk posted:

you cant read. but anyway mods?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it's ok some of his best friends are chinese companies

pram
Jun 10, 2001
also i didnt know this but go can be used to do native android development too. wow. just wow. the possibilities are practically endless. the future is so bright i have to wear shades

https://godoc.org/golang.org/x/mobile

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

who gives a poo poo

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wow racist trap sprung

no, "widely used in east asia" really is a pretty big red flag for software

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

pram posted:

(go is actually really popular in china)

sounds kinda communist. pighammer and sickle

Awia posted:

go web framework 1, 2, 3 an 4

what you do, is you get 3 web frameworks and label them "1" "2" and "4"

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Stringent posted:

like ruby

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

pram posted:

like ruby

japan at least has, unironically, moved on to node and mongo.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Stringent posted:

I'm sure the platform champions remain with Visual Studio 6 and Visual Basic. I doubt Go works too well on a cracked XP SP1.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wow racist trap sprung

companies are not people therefore it's fine to be racist against companies

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

coffeetable posted:

if you're comfortable with basic linear algebra and vector calculus, Machine Learning: A Probabilistic Perspective.

if you're not comfortable with linear algebra or vector calculus, start with Vector and Geometric Algebra, then Vector and Geometric Calculus, then possibly Linear Algebra Done Right just to get a different perspective, then Machine Learning: A Probabilistic Perspective.

hey so uh

how are you supposed to read these books, with a dictionary? i've seen so many math-y books recommended for self improvement as a programmer but then you see sentences like

quote:

The most popular algebraic structure today for Euclidean n-space is the inner product space Rn

and i blank out and stop reading

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

it's as if an education that ended with calculus does not adequately equip one to read proofs or mathematical writing

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Share Bear posted:

hey so uh

how are you supposed to read these books, with a dictionary? i've seen so many math-y books recommended for self improvement as a programmer but then you see sentences like

for some reason i thought testiclops had a numerate background already, looking back idk why I thought that

if you haven't done any maths since high school, the place to start is Stroud's Engineering Mathematics. it starts with basic arithmetic and works very slowly through to multi variable calculus.

even then, i forgot how intimidating maths writing can be. sorry! will look for a good 'bridge' book when i get home, have forgotten what i used originally

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
so basically just do 2-3 semesters of math education then you can do machine learnin'!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
our level 4 machine learning class only has one mandatory requirement, and that is a working knowledge of maths that is taught in level 1 classes. yes, maths will help you a lot more than anything else

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

coffeetable posted:

for some reason i thought testiclops had a numerate background already, looking back idk why I thought that

i've got a few uni math courses, nothing more advanced than single variable calculus and linear algebra

i read engineering mathematics from you mentioning it now and then, it's real good

the last year or so i've gone from not liking math to loving it and i'm trying to learn more on my own, since i likely won't be able to fit in more than a couple more math courses during my time at uni. so i appreciate all book recommendations!

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

coffeetable posted:

if you haven't done any maths since high school, the place to start is Stroud's Engineering Mathematics. it starts with basic arithmetic and works very slowly through to multi variable calculus.

even then, i forgot how intimidating maths writing can be. sorry! will look for a good 'bridge' book when i get home, have forgotten what i used originally

i very much appreciate it as i do not have such a math intense background

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Linear algebra felt like heuristic memorization, just "these blocks with these patterns and these stacks of numbers!" and then at the end of the semester "btw it really means subspace this and kernel that and eigenwhatever" almost as an afterthought.

Then some symmetry group lets a 2,2 matrix convey information in 3 dimensions including rotations? argh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i have dyslexia but with numbers so gently caress math

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Luigi Thirty posted:

i have dyslexia but with numbers so gently caress math

the deeper you get into maths the less numbers there are if it's any help

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
i always wanted to be a mathematician but then i figured some of the older ones must have counted up to a really really high number by now and there's no way i'd ever catch up however fast i counted so i became a programmer instead well that's my life story

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Share Bear posted:

hey so uh

every time you encounter a word you don't know you have to stop reading and google it (or look it up somewhere else). if, while reading about that thing you find another word you don't know, you have to do the same thing. no exceptions. if you skip something you dont know youre going to get lost quickly and youll have to reread it again later when you look it up like you should have in the first place

itll be slow at first but youll learn a lot. youll also find you dont need to look up as much as time goes on

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

keep peeling that onion. reading a reasonably complex ml paper with no significant background in the subject will take you literally days

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

gently caress math imo, just janitor payroll software for the rest of your life and have literally no ambition or drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

so basically just do 2-3 semesters of math education then you can do machine learnin'!

for real do you need to (re)learn all this math to make computer do ML beep boops?

• Locked thread