Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the south is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Reign Of Pain posted:

Best BBQ is Texas BBQ

I hear this a lot but Texans have terrible taste and opinions and ideas on everything else so the mental image I get of Texas BBQ is a sub par cut of meat coated in refined sugar, hit with an oxy acetylene torch, covered in sliced pickles and deep fried in cold oil.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

not caring here posted:

I hear this a lot but Texans have terrible taste and opinions and ideas on everything else

This is true, but smoked brisket loving rules. Unfortunately, the barbecue is the only good thing about Texas.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

not caring here posted:

I hear this a lot but Texans have terrible taste and opinions and ideas on everything else so the mental image I get of Texas BBQ is a sub par cut of meat coated in refined sugar, hit with an oxy acetylene torch, covered in sliced pickles and deep fried in cold oil.

so you have had texas bbq

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MA-Horus posted:

QTIYD

I legit lol'd at the swedish princess' line. It was completely out of left field and I am a 10 year old.

The whole James Bond Matrix-murdering the entire congregation in a church set to the tunes of the Freebird-solo, was also amazing.
Same for the final sequence with Give it Up by KC & The Sunshine Band. Also the heads-scene.

Actually, basically every single way they used music was loving hilarious.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reign Of Pain posted:

Best BBQ is Texas BBQ

i preferred georgian tbh, girl i was seeing took me to this amazingly awesome place when i was in atlanta

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DownByTheWooter posted:

This is true, but smoked brisket loving rules. Unfortunately, the barbecue is the only good thing about Texas.

The downside of Texas BBQ is waiting in loving line for it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

The downside of Texas BBQ is living in Texas.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mike-o, we're full anyway, you can stay in your liberal paradise.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

That was probably Nashville, unless you were at Millington. Memphis is crap and the only reason I still live here is I'm literally addicted to the best BBQ in the world.

What part of Memphrika are you from?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I had bbq a few times in different parts of Texas and it generally sucked. Best I've had was at a hole in the wall place in South Carolina. I'm sure Texas has some good bbq places, but I never managed to find them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Delizin posted:

I had bbq a few times in different parts of Texas and it generally sucked. Best I've had was at a hole in the wall place in South Carolina. I'm sure Texas has some good bbq places, but I never managed to find them.

Carolina BBQ is the superior BBQ. Kansas City style is for people who think Applebees is fancy because they put napkins under your jack and coke

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Carolina BBQ is the superior BBQ.

This dude knows what's up. Pulled Pork :mrapig:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Carolina BBQ isn't even BBQ, don't kid yourselves. Texas BBQ seems as if it'd be alright, but I'm just saying that so the literal worst people in the world don't track me down and shoot me for having an opinion other than their own. Do you even sauce, bro?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What part of Memphrika are you from?

Orange Mound, but I've since upgraded to midtown. :smug:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Carteret posted:

This dude knows what's up. Pulled Pork :mrapig:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Buddy of mine's dad cooked an 11 lb brisket for 21 hours this weekend. Needless to say, it was excellent brisket.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The best part of making fun of Texas is all the Texans coming out of the woodwork to essentially say "nuh uh" :allears:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The best part of making fun of Texas is all the Texans coming out of the woodwork to essentially say "nuh uh" :allears:

bbc :smug: posted:

Texas floods: Three dead in Houston after severe storms

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32888733

texans, too stupid to get out of the way of slow moving water

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I guess the Arabs were so impressed with us in reflective vests, they decided to use them too.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/environment/glow-in-the-dark-animals-will-prevent-road-accidents-in-umm-al-quwain

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

texans, too stupid to get out of the way of slow moving water

While not Texan, and not debating that they are stupid (they are)....

Typically flood waters are not slow moving. Surface appearance is irrelevant, undercurrent is the danger. Also, there was a study done and it takes something like 6 inches of moving water to knock you down, and 18 inches to float and haul away a car ( :science: here). Its the reason NOAA has the "turn around don't drown" campaign which is about as effective as every other "don't be loving stupid" campaign government agencies run. And that doesn't begin to address issues of poo poo that might be in the water like debris, angry animals and live power lines. Flooding and flash floods are not to be hosed with and I believe have the highest body count of all weather related disasters.

TLDR: Flooding bad, Texans stupid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What Ron White said about hurricane winds applies to water: "It isn't that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing"

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

Mike-o, we're full anyway, you can stay in your liberal paradise.

:nallears:

I lived there when I was a kid. Idgaf.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

El Paso loving sucks, but I don't think Texas even wants to be associated with El Paso...

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPBXfnIpYI

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That is everyone in Texas, and if you think I'm wrong you are stupid.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

A dude in my platoon had almost that exact same laugh.

Guess what kind of plates are on his Hummer.

Hint: Texas.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcdYB8vF_c

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Presented without context.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Tumblr, an endless ocean of unintentional entertainment.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pray to the Great Mushroom God to cleanse this big gay earth with nuclear fire.

Edited for butts

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 26, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Willy Pete posted:

Pray to the Great Mushroom God to cleanse this big gay earth with nuclear fire.

Actually, on the days when I'm feeling down because I'm having trouble getting a job, or keeping a girlfriend, or I'm fighting with my family, it's nice to realize that there are people out there who can't even handle being spammed by a chat bot that just wants to make them feel less lonely. Keeps things in perspective.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

lmfbo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Dead Reckoning posted:

Actually, on the days when I'm feeling down because I'm having trouble getting a job, or keeping a girlfriend, or I'm fighting with my family, it's nice to realize that there are people out there who can't even handle being spammed by a chat bot that just wants to make them feel less lonely. Keeps things in perspective.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that's my poo poo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Differential equations condensed into five week summer course. The last calculus class I took was in 2009. :psypop:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Differential equations condensed into five week summer course. The last calculus class I took was in 2009. :psypop:

Doing the same thing, with intro to calc here. Somehow I thought taking a biochemistry lab alongside it was a good idea. My brain hurts :suicide:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I think I saw a B-25 fly nearly over my head earlier today. Loud engines and the classic tail. I don't see any air shows scheduled in my area any time soon tho.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ded posted:

I think I saw a B-25 fly nearly over my head earlier today. Loud engines and the classic tail. I don't see any air shows scheduled in my area any time soon tho.

Anywhere near Livermore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

that's my poo poo

This is a Good Thing you are doing

• Locked thread