Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I still say they need to get the budget to hire Kurt Russell for one episode and have him and Elroy re-enact the last 2 minutes of The Thing, but inside Greendale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Binary Badger posted:

I still say they need to get the budget to hire Kurt Russell for one episode and have him and Elroy re-enact the last 2 minutes of The Thing, but inside Greendale.

If Keith David is re-enacting anything, it's gonna be the They Live fight scene.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

El Tortuga posted:

If Keith David is re-enacting anything, it's gonna be the They Live fight scene.

I doubt any reference to that fight will top Saints Row 4 for me, but I'd still like for Community to try nonetheless.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Bob Odenkirk was a pretty weird choice to play Troy.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Nichael posted:

Frankie and Elroy seem like they would've been better utilized members of the group than Shirley and Pierce were from the start.

:agreed:

Piece was enjoyable like 5 years ago but he just got to be so consistently bad near the end of his run.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I don't know. I don't own a TV.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

That was probably the hardest laugh of the season for me.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

swickles posted:

Anyone elae disappointed they went with voiced by Diedrich Bater? Kevin Conroy will always be the coice of Batman to me.

Diedrich Bader is much more of a recognizable actor than Kevin Conroy, who aside from bit parts is best known for Batman.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Oh, Erin's in this?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
That episode was a goddamn tour de force. Amazing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

holy poo poo this episode

jesus loving christ

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
That was absolutely perfect, from start to finish.

http://i.imgur.com/bPq8frE.jpg

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That was the best tag they've ever done.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I've been pretty hard on this season but that was a fantastic episode. Elroy's stuff was amazing. He wouldn't have fit in to the earlier seasons but I'm drat glad he was here for this one.

hottubrhymemachine fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 26, 2015

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

drat it the season got really good just as it's about to end.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Todd's deranged "what if I'm god?" killed me. Also, Chang being a good character out of nowhere again.

I'm really sad next episode might be it for the series. :(

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

HD DAD posted:

I'm really sad next episode might be it for the series. :(
I dunno, at this point they're obligated to make a movie!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was amazing, holy poo poo. The tag had me in tears.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That loving episode :aaaaa:

That's one of the most audacious loving things a sitcom has ever done.

edit: Okay, Seinfeld was a step above with the whole dead fiance plotline.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 26, 2015

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I hope we get more episodes from incest writer Briggs Hatton because that was fantastic.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That was amazing, if this is coming up on the end at least they're going out on a high.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Keith David, holy gently caress.

Edit: Matt Gourley in the tag! This is my favorite thing ever!

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 26, 2015

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Keith David is my favourite human being

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's no way they're gonna be able to top that one.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Weird request, but can someone post a direct link to the episode? Yahoo has "Espionage", then a preview for episode 13, but episode 12 isn't in the list for some god damned reason.

e: vvvThanks!vvv

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 26, 2015

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Eat This Glob posted:

Weird request, but can someone post a direct link to the episode? Yahoo has "Espionage", then a preview for episode 13, but episode 12 isn't in the list for some god damned reason.

https://screen.yahoo.com/community/community-episode-12-wedding-videography-070001980.html

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community Season 6: Everyone stay and eat cake, or go to Hell!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

EatinCake posted:

I dunno, at this point they're obligated to make a movie!

Yup, either a movie or a 7th season.

Also appropriate username for:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community Season 6: Everyone stay and eat cake, or go to Hell!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i think it's fairly likely yahoo renews for s7, i wouldn't like bet on it or anything but from all the loose lips I keep on hearing that community has done really well for yahoo screen

although it's predicated on everyone staying onboard obvs

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
That was probably one of the best episodes they've ever done. The whole "let him finish..I know, I was being sarcastic" throwaway got me. And obviously keith davids bit was incredible.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
best laughs of the entire season, right there

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
These last 2 episodes have both been great.

"Now THERE'S a man who knows how to marry his cousin! :haw:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Surprised by all the positive buzz. There were definitely some laughs in there (the line about Abed smelling hair to differentiate brunettes) and the best use of Annie we've seen all season, but man, it exemplifies a lot of what is wrong with the show too.

First, ANOTHER documentary style episode? Remember when they first did this and it was fresh and out of the box an amazing parody of most sitcoms and kind of a gently caress you to them for using a template...Now this is what? The fifth time they've gone to this well? Plus we've got more of the group being unlikeable dickheads to other people and LOTS OF SHOUTING BECAUSE YELLING IS HUMOUR, RIGHT?!

I also can't tell if Jeff's actual alcoholism throughout the season is ever going to be addressed or if it's somehow meant to be funny? I mean they did include that bit where Frankie (who really has had the strongest characterisation of the group) acknowledged that he is basically toxic to Annie.

The main plot had a slightly better arc than most of the aimless eps they've done this year but I think it would have landed better with me if they had given Garret a little heart, fleshed him out as an actual person, something other than an existence as a cartoonish punchline.

Avulsion posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bPq8frE.jpg
Aw, this is loving cruel.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

In It For The Tank posted:

Oh, Erin's in this?

Yeah, for some reason I found that off-putting.

Rest of the ep was great, though.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

VagueRant posted:

Surprised by all the positive buzz. There were definitely some laughs in there (the line about Abed smelling hair to differentiate brunettes) and the best use of Annie we've seen all season, but man, it exemplifies a lot of what is wrong with the show too.

First, ANOTHER documentary style episode? Remember when they first did this and it was fresh and out of the box an amazing parody of most sitcoms and kind of a gently caress you to them for using a template...Now this is what? The fifth time they've gone to this well? Plus we've got more of the group being unlikeable dickheads to other people and LOTS OF SHOUTING BECAUSE YELLING IS HUMOUR, RIGHT?!

I also can't tell if Jeff's actual alcoholism throughout the season is ever going to be addressed or if it's somehow meant to be funny? I mean they did include that bit where Frankie (who really has had the strongest characterisation of the group) acknowledged that he is basically toxic to Annie.

The main plot had a slightly better arc than most of the aimless eps they've done this year but I think it would have landed better with me if they had given Garret a little heart, fleshed him out as an actual person, something other than an existence as a cartoonish punchline.

I decree that forums poster VagueRant no longer has to watch this show, he is freed from his thought prison

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I thought it was the best episode in a long time. Between this week and last week I feel pretty good about sticking through some of the episodes I still think were terrible in the preceding weeks. That said, I'm still rooting for this to be the final season whether there's a movie or not.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

the end shot with the writers around the table has a whiteboard with some poo poo written on it. One of them says "Troy returns? or Pierce?"

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

VagueRant posted:

Downer spotted. I repeat, we have spotted a buzzkill.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

VagueRant posted:

First, ANOTHER documentary style episode? Remember when they first did this and it was fresh and out of the box an amazing parody of most sitcoms and kind of a gently caress you to them for using a template...Now this is what? The fifth time they've gone to this well?
Agreed, also they get married by Todd? All these people have been in the same "school" for 6 years and ugh. This place is a cult. No wait, it's the world's laziest writers.

Besides that it was enjoyable. Just getting tired of checklist seasons ("mockumentary," check. "paintball," check. "good original episode"... "good original episode," where's the "good original episode?" *entire writing staff and Harmon all shrug in comically exaggerated fashion*)

edit: I can't seem to remove an attachment from post. It's only 2015 after all

edit 2: I invite others to actually debate the merits of the episode based on the criticisms raised, rather than deflect like petulant children. ARE YOU BAD ENOUGH DUDES TO ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pwn fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

VagueRant posted:

SSHHHHHH

• Locked thread