Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

It feels pretty good when I get hackusations or called a smurf, but today I was accused of being boosted :(. I wasn't bottom fragging that hard, but someone on our team was named CSGOBOOSTING.NET so they automatically assumed. We all had a good chuckle, though, when we won and saw our team was all MG2 against badges and a nova 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Anyone play cs at a standing desk? How is it?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

henne posted:

Anyone play cs at a standing desk? How is it?

Occasionally. I use a big 17x17in mousepad and low low sens so I am getting a major arm exercise, but feels pretty good otherwise. I feel like standing up also makes me less likely to zone out and get wrecked.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Funny how gamers are so opposed to the concept of pay to win in games yet when people literally pay money to win against worse players it's all cool cause that's just ~skill~

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Vahakyla posted:

Occasionally. I use a big 17x17in mousepad and low low sens so I am getting a major arm exercise, but feels pretty good otherwise. I feel like standing up also makes me less likely to zone out and get wrecked.

So you were sitting down for our game the other day then? :vince:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Elman posted:

Funny how gamers are so opposed to the concept of pay to win in games yet when people literally pay money to win against worse players it's all cool cause that's just ~skill~

What?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smurfs...I think.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Jeza posted:

Smurfs...I think.

Yes, possibly. We may never know.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

hitting lots of smurfs/boosters/3+ man premades recently. Last game it was a 3 man premade of smurfs, an unranked CSGOBOOST.com or whatever guy, and one legit guy. This sucks

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Always makes me wonder, what happens to the people after they get boosted. Do they even MM? They have to know they can't hold their own.

e: lol holy poo poo

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 26, 2015

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Paying to get boosted seems like a completely loving braindead move. It's not even like the lovely WoW system where you had to have a certain rating to get certain stuff. Maybe they are deluded and think that they are being held back by their teammates.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Ahdinko posted:

So you were sitting down for our game the other day then? :vince:

Cheeky fucker.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Icept posted:

Paying to get boosted seems like a completely loving braindead move. It's not even like the lovely WoW system where you had to have a certain rating to get certain stuff. Maybe they are deluded and think that they are being held back by their teammates.

they just need help to get out of ELO hell man you don't understand

e; unranked topfragger with cyrillic nick 'hacks [url]' hmmm I wonder

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4ZAmhcST0

I swear to god I'm so close to buying nothing but scout all day every day.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
People that solo queue on boosted accounts are way worse than "smurfs." Oh no someone is better than me at a video game.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Icept posted:

Yep. i cant get my heads around it. if I woke up tomorrow and my account was a couple of ranks higher Id be pissed. Why would I want to get shat on by the enemy and abused by my teammates for sucking. Someone in this threaded boosted people and he said they just don't care, they just want the rank. Who the gently caress knows.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

sleppy posted:

It feels pretty good when I get hackusations or called a smurf, but today I was accused of being boosted :(. I wasn't bottom fragging that hard, but someone on our team was named CSGOBOOSTING.NET so they automatically assumed. We all had a good chuckle, though, when we won and saw our team was all MG2 against badges and a nova 2.

dex_sda posted:

hitting lots of smurfs/boosters/3+ man premades recently. Last game it was a 3 man premade of smurfs, an unranked CSGOBOOST.com or whatever guy, and one legit guy. This sucks

Small world?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Kehveli posted:

I swear to god I'm so close to buying nothing but scout all day every day.

Scout, best gun in the game right now.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Clinton1011 posted:

Small world?

our team didn't really throw many accusations, we quickly gave up. the booster might have cheated but we would have gotten steamrolled by the premade anyway.

Also I love the scout but I don't buy it in MM cause I'm afraid of getting yelled at, even though it turns out to be a good idea every time.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Welp, suspended from CEVO for like 3 days because I kicked a guy for being AFK the first 3 rounds. Nice.

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 26, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
This is so cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BVXynuhNfI&feature=share

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lol. just joined a game, second round guy says he's starting a wallhack, third (eco) round they tell me clutch or kick vs. 4 people. Got kicked. Nice

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I mean there is a few things that play in to it....

It is possible to improve faster than you can rank up. They *could* get the rank themselves, they just don't want to put in the games required to get the better rank. I bet there are plenty of people on these forums who say they could hang with people 1-2 ranks above them, and might do fine if they were up there. That's a lot different from being boosted from nova 1 to GE though.

The other is that people often inflate their self-worth. A friend of mine recently got boosted to GE. Before getting boosted he was an LE and told me "I'm going to get boosted to the rank I deserve." Don't know how much he's played since getting to GE, but he's been GE for a few days now. TBH I expect to see him rank down back to eagle eventually.

Hell, I "boosted"(wasn't on purpose, I just dragged his rank up by playing with him on a smurf) a friend of mine from nova 1 to mg1, and he's held that rank on his own for 2 months now.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Speaking of cheats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5LX8JdOO8

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Speaking of cheats

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

I mean there is a few things that play in to it....

It is possible to improve faster than you can rank up. They *could* get the rank themselves, they just don't want to put in the games required to get the better rank. I bet there are plenty of people on these forums who say they could hang with people 1-2 ranks above them, and might do fine if they were up there. That's a lot different from being boosted from nova 1 to GE though.

The other is that people often inflate their self-worth. A friend of mine recently got boosted to GE. Before getting boosted he was an LE and told me "I'm going to get boosted to the rank I deserve." Don't know how much he's played since getting to GE, but he's been GE for a few days now. TBH I expect to see him rank down back to eagle eventually.

Hell, I "boosted"(wasn't on purpose, I just dragged his rank up by playing with him on a smurf) a friend of mine from nova 1 to mg1, and he's held that rank on his own for 2 months now.

Fair points.

fake edit: via reddit , possible update hype? https://steamdb.info/app/730/history/

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

bpower posted:

Fair points.

fake edit: via reddit , possible update hype? https://steamdb.info/app/730/history/

Apparently Mirage, Season, and Cache workshop items were all updated, so expect those maps to be in the update as well.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Garfu posted:

http://gfycat.com/AggressiveOldGreyhounddog

The best is how his legs are crossed. Doesn't give a gently caress

Congrats on being the top of csgo reddit today.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

bpower posted:

please dont get your hopes up about anything related to this confirmed dead game

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
update is out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fat Lou posted:

Congrats on being the top of csgo reddit today.

finally, a goon famous for something other than heinous crimes

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

d3rt posted:

update is out

492.1 MB patch

trying to jack off posted:

finally, a goon famous for something other than heinous crimes

Well...

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Operation bloodhound is out, boys

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
lol wtf is this

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
^^ this

There's some new XP bonus thing and rank under my name in teh top left. I'm new to CS:GO so don't know what this is.

Are Rails/Zoo/REsort/log all new maps?

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Wheres thu notes

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
ahhahah very glad I haven't played any mm since the last operation now

(I like new maps)

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

This will be my first operation.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the xp is a good idea since i think everyone is burnt out on grinding missions for drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

MAPS ARE...
Rails
Resort
Zoo(lol remember this one when we goonmanned it a while ago?)
Log
Season
Agency

• Locked thread