Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Comrade Flynn posted:

Had to take almost a week off for a vacation, just got back to playing.

Level 11, I have the 3/3 in level 1 quen, and 5/5 in both the quick and strong attacks. 6 points to spend - what else are you guys finding useful? Does igni scale well?

Might depend on how you play but to me the best extra is crowd control so investing in the knockdown one and mind control ones are good. The trap is meh since enemies tend to scamper all over instead into it (it has a good alt mode but the cast time of it sucks), and igni for me doesn't impress that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Do you have to kill these three trolls in the cave guarding an enhanced Ursine armor upgrade? I'd rather not since they're named, so maybe they're for something later.

edit: I actually managed to juke them into a corner far enough away from the entrance that the game stopped thinking I was in combat and let me jump back up the ledge and leave, but still wonder what their deal was

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 27, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Bart :allears: :3:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Do you have to kill these three trolls in the cave guarding an enhanced Ursine armor upgrade? I'd rather not since they're named, so maybe they're for something later.

They're shoutouts to screechy youtube celebrities.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
haha, random dirt farmer wants me to find his horse

Geralt: alright, so what'll you pay me?

Farmer: How about a fifth of vodka?

Geralt: Sure. But change the fifth to five, add jugs to end, and then give me the equivalent in crowns.

such a loving smartass...

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
So Whoreson Junior just killed me 5 times in a row. Blocking doesn't seem to do much, doesn't stagger him. I have no signs I can use. Do I just have to Daigo this poo poo?

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

Manatee Cannon posted:

Are they named something like Ugg, Ogg, and Rogg? No, you can talk your way out of killing them with a Djikstra-related sidequest near or after the end of the Novigrad main quests.

That's the only troll trio I've encountered so far and I think their cave had some plans but I can't remember exactly which ones.

e: I loved it when Vesemir said something like "I'll go get some provisions for the road" and came back with a huge jug of vodka and nothing else. Oh you witchers you. :allears:

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 27, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

They're shoutouts to screechy youtube celebrities.

Aw, that's it? Lame. Oh well, I let them live regardless.

Psiharis posted:

Are they named something like Ugg, Ogg, and Rogg? No, you can talk your way out of killing them with a Djikstra-related sidequest near or after the end of the Novigrad main quests.

That's the only troll trio I've encountered so far and I think their cave had some plans but I can't remember exactly which ones.

e: I loved it when Vesemir said something like "I'll go get some provisions for the road" and came back with a huge jug of vodka and nothing else. Oh you witchers you. :allears:

Nah they're a different set of trolls and I did avoid killing them.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 27, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Baiard posted:

haha, random dirt farmer wants me to find his horse

Geralt: alright, so what'll you pay me?

Farmer: How about a fifth of vodka?

Geralt: Sure. But change the fifth to five, add jugs to end, and then give me the equivalent in crowns.

such a loving smartass...

There's only so many times a man can suffer through peasants trying to scam him.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Finished Get Junior... is there anyone who seriously chose to spare Junior when the choice prompt to kill or spare this maniac has the feet of the woman he strung up before you got there swinging in the background? My only regret is I couldn't use the silver sword for it.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Meiteron posted:

My only regret is I couldn't use the silver sword for it.

It was cheesy as hell but I loved that bit in the ending of Witcher 1.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Solartide posted:

So Whoreson Junior just killed me 5 times in a row. Blocking doesn't seem to do much, doesn't stagger him. I have no signs I can use. Do I just have to Daigo this poo poo?

How do you even get into a fight with him? He lives or dies in a cutscene.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Magni posted:

How do you even get into a fight with him? He lives or dies in a cutscene.

I don't know what to say, it made me ragequit, gonna go play hots now.

EDIT: Though I didn't try any strong attacks, maybe that will break through his guard.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

SpRahl posted:

It was cheesy as hell but I loved that bit in the ending of Witcher 1.

I ended up using a similar "What are you doing?" "I'm killing monsters." line in what I think was a random sidequest and then like 20 hours later Lambert brought it up again and made fun of Geralt for being overdramatic, which was pretty great.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 27, 2015

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Meiteron posted:

My only regret is I couldn't use the silver sword for it.

I have sold so many people on the Witcher games with the sheer badassery of the "they're BOTH for monsters" bit. My 55yo mother hasn't loved a game since Psychonauts but she can't wait to visit this summer and get her Geralt on.

vv - Geralt's painting was so great, his talents are totally wasted on monster-slaying.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 27, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Trollolol the singing troll has been my favorite so far

Edit: wish I'd screenshotted Geralt's fine artwork. Saw someone posted it earlier.

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This thread is full of neocons.

Hey, just posting to say that your posts in this thread are what made me decide to get Witcher 3, because it sounds like the writing in that game might actually be good.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Where can I find a craftsman that can combine glyphs/runestones?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

Trollolol the singing troll has been my favorite so far

Edit: wish I'd screenshotted Geralt's fine artwork. Saw someone posted it earlier.

Lord Lambeth posted:

So was this one

:allears: I heard it's different if the troll does it.

Also, where can I find the treasure maps for feline and griffin stuff? I have the ones for bear.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

:allears: I heard it's different if the troll does it.

Also, where can I find the treasure maps for feline and griffin stuff? I have the ones for bear.

I sort of wanted to kill him because he'd slaughtered and eaten the group of soldiers he'd "enlisted" with as well as a bunch of peasants. On the other hand poor dumb Trollolol didn't seem to know any better. So I left him to guarding his boat-fort. :unsmith:

I hope the troll's version is fine art and Geralt's looks like fingerpainting in comparison, heh

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I get so intimidated by the inventory/oil/etc systems in Witcher 3. I've only played a tiny bit of the game but man I feel really dumb sometimes with it.

I really feel like I need to pace myself with this game or something.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Novigrad quest stuff: Do you never actually find Djikstra's treasure? That seems like a weird loose end. I'm still in "act 1" but yeah. I feel like it's super easy to miss Novigrad stuff because of all the unlabeled places and unmarked quests.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 27, 2015

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

The Witcher sets all look pretty decent and are available from the get go. You can even upgrade them, and they are pretty much the best armor sets in the game for their level. I'm using the Ursine Witcher set and it looks snazzy as gently caress.

If by snazzy you mean full of rusted chain mail then yes. What could have been an awesome set was forged with rusty chains. WTF was the art team thinking.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Wartime rules, man. And Trollolol was so gentle when he separated the quarrelling humans. So gentle. :(

vv ugh they're not that bad, just try once or twice to learn the route and bodyblock when you need stamina. If you have specific problems maybe spell them out, because your particular brand of "I just tried x for the first time, I don't understand x, therefore x sucks" is getting old.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 27, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Horse races...not so good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lord Lambeth posted:

I like the inventory better than Witcher 2 inventory. I had a bad habit of accidentally unequipping stuff in the second game(usually my boots). I'm curious what people consider a good inventory system though.

human revolutions tetris inventory was good, mainly because it trod a line between having enough stuff to be interesting without being overwhelming

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Horse races...not so good.

i miss red dead, where if a horse pissed me off i could just shoot it in the head

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Where can I get some saddlebags? I've started selling alchemy supplies because I'm not carrying anything but the swords and armor on my back but my weight is still at like 59/60.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

Where can I get some saddlebags? I've started selling alchemy supplies because I'm not carrying anything but the swords and armor on my back but my weight is still at like 59/60.

there should only be two swords in your inventory :colbert:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Are there acts in this? I've been playing for about 35 hours and I'm at the part in Junior's quest where you meet Roche haven't seen anything about acts yet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grimcreaper posted:

If by snazzy you mean full of rusted chain mail then yes. What could have been an awesome set was forged with rusty chains. WTF was the art team thinking.

You've never actually seen the Ursine set, have you

Or any of the Witcher sets even because not a one looks like that

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

i miss red dead, where if a horse pissed me off i could just shoot it in the head

Yeah I kind of want to lob my horses head off The Mountain in GOT style right now. They are almost like a loving troll because they would be easy as hell until it turns into janky horse controls shitfest and now all my money is gone.

turtlecrunch posted:

Lots of vendors sell them. I know the first one you run into in crows nest sells a set.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

there should only be two swords in your inventory :colbert:

There is, the ones I have equipped. My armor/weapon box is a wasteland. I don't even have a shirt on right now because I sold my old one to have enough money to craft a new one, but the new one is too high level for me to wear. :smith:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Are there acts in this? I've been playing for about 35 hours and I'm at the part in Junior's quest where you meet Roche haven't seen anything about acts yet.

There's no clear cut acts, but portions of the overall plot can feel like it.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Man Triss really pulls through for you this game. Still don't really understand why Geralt blew her off between the second and third games unless it's to do with the note he found from Yen.

I hope we get a choice of blowing off yen to get back with Triss, canon be damned.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

There is, the ones I have equipped. My armor/weapon box is a wasteland. I don't even have a shirt on right now because I sold my old one to have enough money to craft a new one, but the new one is too high level for me to wear. :smith:

You must have found some crazy heavy armor or something - that's nuts. Find the culprit. You can do horse races for saddlebags if you want or buy them places (not that I remember where, sorry)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Brinner posted:

Man Triss really pulls through for you this game. Still don't really understand why Geralt blew her off between the second and third games unless it's to do with the note he found from Yen.

I hope we get a choice of blowing off yen to get back with Triss, canon be damned.

She kinda sucks in both the books and the games tbh, I don't like her at all

Her whole thing is manipulating Geralt into being in a relationship with her. She does it in the books by drugging him so he'll sleep with her even though he's with Yennefer at the time (Yen and Triss being good friends at the time as well). She blows Yennefer off when she wants to save Ciri a few times, and then in the end when Geralt is impaled and lays dying and Yennefer and Ciri are trying to get to him she runs away. To her credit she comes back, but still. Then in the games she takes advantage of Geralt's amnesia to make him think she's the one he was in love with. The Witcher 2 is just her trying to seduce him for the entire game. She has good moments but all in all, gently caress Triss.

edit: Actually, she does worse than blow Yennefer off. She betrays her plans to the Lodge from what I remember.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 27, 2015

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
At what point do you get armor that looks halfway decent? I'm about 30 hours in and everything makes me look more like a clown than a witcher.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

but all in all, gently caress Triss.

Ohh dont worry I intend to Triss is great and even if I agree with everything you just posted it doesnt change that shes baller as gently caress in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I swear sometimes this game slips rather important stuff past me that comes up later that I didn't even notice or realize? Like for instance, I just finished the stuff for Dijkstra and apparently I knew the whole time who stole his gold?? Did I just completely miss this or did the game just not actually tell me that? I investigated the bomb stuff for him, looked in that little hideout, did the mission with Triss where she gets tortured (that was horrible) and then got a key from that dude's corpse after Triss kills him. I gave the key to Dijkstra and then the only options for dialogue I had were that I knew the whole time who stole his gold? This isn't the first time I've had to make dialogue choices based on things I somehow completely missed and I dunno how I keep missing them.

Also I really want to go for Yen, because dang look at that fine honey. But man Triss was tough as hell taking that torture while I got information from that one dude