Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

beato posted:

Agreed.

"Widowmaker a 24 inch hot dog with smoked brisket chilli and all sorts of other stuff"

Would, please and thank you. Then would prolly try to do again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Read em and weep:

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/restaurants/ranking-the-new-chicago-cubs-stadium-food

This is from last year, but it was such a hit I think you can get all of them all this season now. Bow down to the Chicago Master Race of Hot Dog Recipes!

\/\/\/\/ Even better! \/\/\/\/

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 20:19 on May 26, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Solice Kirsk posted:

Read em and weep:

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/restaurants/ranking-the-new-chicago-cubs-stadium-food

This is from last year, but it was such a hit I think you can get all of them all this season now. Bow down to the Chicago Master Race of Hot Dog Recipes! the Sausage King of Chicago

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

FlyinPingu posted:

your country disgusts me

Say what you want about our sauces, but we don't give a poo poo about hotdogs (of the frankfurter steamed/boiled kind) and have nothing to do with the last 2 pages.
Down here we have meat pies, and grilled regular sausages with onions on bread, instead of hotdogs.

They sell frankfurts and hotdog buns here, but they're mainly for kids who can't eat a meat pie yet, so they don't sell many.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 20:30 on May 26, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gonna have to take this one to a dark place to hide my shame as I eat it

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

NotAnArtist posted:

Gonna have to take this one to a dark place to hide my shame as I eat it

If you're eating that fuckin thing you're already in a dark place

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If you're eating that fuckin thing you're already in a dark place
Does the 'beetus cause loss of vision?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Two words:

Bulgogi. Poutine.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

CannonFodder posted:

It sure does.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CannonFodder posted:

You might never see your genitals again, so sort of.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fo3 posted:

Down here we have meat pies, and grilled regular sausages with onions on bread, instead of hotdogs.

We have those too. And hot dogs. Checkmate Austrailures :smug:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

McSpergin posted:

Why would you even want to live? That's like the three best things

Yeah, that's like the Nugganites in a few of the Discworld books (who aren't allowed to eat garlic and chocolate).

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Rofl why is this so funny

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

cowboythreespeech posted:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
For some reason I'm reminded of these.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rah! posted:

We don't have arguments over hotdog condiments. We also don't have HFCS; or Cincinnati .
E: We do have a lot of bad poo poo though, so let's not make this a pissing contest. I'm just dumbfounded by most bad food from the US being from cincinnati (chili, pizza, hotdogs), or really the entire mid west in general, also the corn industry over there.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 22:25 on May 26, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does this qualify for the thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wchN6Irdq5s

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssSSSSSSSSSS! A French Fry Hot Dog Fortress!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

quote:

i’m going through my old pictures on facebook and i just remembered that time i ordered a hot dog in czech republic

edit: Additional hotdog chat

cash crab has a new favorite as of 02:37 on May 27, 2015

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Lord bless the weenie house and all who dwell within the weenie house.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A hot dog is a sandwich.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Data Graham posted:

This is from last year, but it was such a hit I think you can get all of them all this season now. Bow down to the Chicago Master Race of Hot Dog Recipes! the Sausage King of Chicago

The Sausage King of Chicago is has retired.

PubicMice posted:

e:The true face of Chicago

You can have a hot dog any way you like, but if you're going to call it a Chicago Dog, you cannot, repeat, cannot put ketchup on it. There are plenty of variations on the theme (neon relish, sport peppers, giardiniera, mustard, celery salt, fresh tomato wedges, pickles) but the one hard, fast rule is no ketchup.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Kakairo posted:

The Sausage King of Chicago is has retired.

You can have a hot dog any way you like, but if you're going to call it a Chicago Dog, you cannot, repeat, cannot put ketchup on it. There are plenty of variations on the theme (neon relish, sport peppers, giardiniera, mustard, celery salt, fresh tomato wedges, pickles) but the one hard, fast rule is no ketchup.

I disagree whole-heartedly. While I don't like it personally, some people do and that's alright. Stop being a Hot Dog Hitler.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I disagree whole-heartedly. While I don't like it personally, some people do and that's alright. Stop being a Hot Dog Hitler.

Hey, he's not being the Hot Dog Hitler, Chicago is. That is their one rule, accepted by all the residents of that weird and terrible place. They can define their salad on a bun however they like.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meanwhile I'll just have me a nice Italian beef with giardiniera thank you very much.

(And a Chicago dog once the shouting is over)

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

cowboythreespeech posted:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Like I said, have a hot dog however you want (I happen to like them with ketchup), just don't call it a Chicago Dog if there's ketchup on it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rah! posted:

Fo3 is insane. Hotdogs are readily available and popular in Australia. They're probably more popular in America, but Fo3 seems to live in some weird corner of the country where ordinary foods don't exist for some reason.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey, he's not being the Hot Dog Hitler, Chicago is. That is their one rule, accepted by all the residents of that weird and terrible place. They can define their salad on a bun however they like.

Chicago is a magical place that gave the world the brownie, Twinkies, Cracker Jacks, Italian beef, jibaritos, introduced the gyro to the US, and Lou Malnati's pizza. It is a pillar of all that is good and right in this world. Not to mention we're always near the top in murders. Year after year! :smug:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Chicago is a magical place that gave the world the brownie, Twinkies, Cracker Jacks, Italian beef, jibaritos, introduced the gyro to the US, and Lou Malnati's pizza. It is a pillar of all that is good and right in this world. Not to mention we're always near the top in murders. Year after year! :smug:

Doesn't Cleveland have more serial killers per capita than Chicago?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wisconsin cheese. :smuggo:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Upon reflection and thread reading, I do think there is EXACTLY one pizza rule and one only -

PIZZA MUST BE COOKED.

Just a thought.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

PubicMice posted:

e:The true face of Chicago
If your hotdog isn't a garnish for a drink, you're as dumb as you are sober.

e: not AFP enough? Enjoy this retarded tower of idiot food on top of a bloody mary.

both from: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/chicago/chicago-s-10-most-ridiculous-bloody-marys-thrillist-chicago

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Come on Chicago, you can do better than that. We did.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Come on Chicago, you can do better than that. We did.

motherfucker you think this is a game???

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

boo_radley posted:

Oh you wanna run this straight to the nuclear option, huh?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh you wanna run this straight to the nuclear option, huh?

That's mostly plastic toys and tiny tin tubs. Take that away and you've probably got less than 3 lbs of food. That's not garbage food, it's a choking hazard.

This one has just enough plastic in it to be useful, and substitutes ice cream cones for the tin tub:

e: now that I look closer, I think yours is just a big ol' fucket-bucket of all the final four bloody maries crammed into one slopbong of tomato juice and sadness.

boo_radley has a new favorite as of 06:35 on May 27, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone also had to hold it up which is weak bloody mary top game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

boo_radley posted:

this one wins because there is a secondary bloody atop the base bloody

• Locked thread