Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, everything that comes out of that washing machine for a while is going to smell like diesel. Anything that gets washed with those clothes in the future is going to smell like diesel.

wipe down the inside inside of the washing machine with a little bit of dish soap, and the run a hot cycle with a whole bunch of vinegar. then test-wash with something you don't mind smelling like diesel, like somebody else's stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

Yeah, everything that comes out of that washing machine for a while is going to smell like diesel. Anything that gets washed with those clothes in the future is going to smell like diesel.

wipe down the inside inside of the washing machine with a little bit of dish soap, and the run a hot cycle with a whole bunch of vinegar. then test-wash with something you don't mind smelling like diesel, like somebody else's stuff.

And the dryer aswell I guess lol. This is why I shouldn't do things after a late night at work.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Should have just taken a shower with your clothes and boots on.

In purple stuff degreaser

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

At a hotel if you're not on public sewer, because diesel can't be great for a septic system either. And Purple Power definately isn't.

So, uh, why isn't gasoline the best cleaner for this? I mean, besides :supaburn:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Diesel is fine for your septic. I mean, algae grows in it right? :v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I used to do this after Jet A showers. Not with degreaser, but with dish soap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Splizwarf posted:

At a hotel if you're not on public sewer, because diesel can't be great for a septic system either. And Purple Power definately isn't.

So, uh, why isn't gasoline the best cleaner for this? I mean, besides :supaburn:

I usually start with gasoline to strip all the heavy crap off and then post-clean with acetone if it's a part I need to apply any RTV or paint to or weld on.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

jonathan posted:

Oh the kicker, this was our yard cardlock too, so it was one of us who did it.

I see you are hiring from the same brain-trust that we are.

We are getting people that now park the rear end end of their rigs through the loving fence or 50 feet away from the fence and drat near in the middle of the yard. And the phantom scale dumper is at it again. I'm starting to think it's one of the CWT drivers trying to pad numbers or something...

More like it's a loving idiot.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Powershift posted:

I put a heavily mothballed military surplus wool blanket in the washer one time. It took 3 months for the smell to go away.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Just throw some coffee grounds in the washer guys.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

jonathan posted:

Oh the kicker, this was our yard cardlock too, so it was one of us who did it.
Orlando_terminal.xls

It's amazing what poo poo goes on behind the thin veneer of professionalism.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Diesel is fine for your septic. I mean, algae grows in it right? :v:
:argh::argh::argh:
I fought algae in the fuel tanks once. gently caress that noise.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 23, 2015

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

:argh::argh::argh:
I fought algae in the fuel tanks once. gently caress that noise.

It's not really algae. :ssh:

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

:yosbutt: Have problems getting sealed adoption record information? :yosbutt:

Get your CDL!

Magically unsealed!

Or ask me about getting browbeat for not putting down I had an AKA on a job app! I made her feel like poo poo for rubbing my nuts so hard over the issue though. What's hosed up is even my copy of the birth records have been changed to show my adoption.

:ughh:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Wiggles posted:

It's not really algae. :ssh:
Well I fought green booger poo poo that clogged up the fuel filters something fierce.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

What is the green booger poo poo that grows in diesel?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

It's an accumulation of fine particulate matter (dirt, rust, etc.) and re-polymerized hydrocarbons that sludge up together.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

demons.

fuckin' demons.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

DNova posted:

What is the green booger poo poo that grows in diesel?

It's concentrated evil.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Concentrated evil is pink :colbert:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Black, surely.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mooseykins posted:

It's concentrated evil.

You fuckers clearly have never cleaned out an IHOP grease trap.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Apparently our trailers are going in to Mexico with new tires and coming back out with old junk ones.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Apparently our trailers are going in to Mexico with new tires and coming back out with old junk ones.

This isn't that uncommon. Also be on the look-out for replaced lights as well, and you'll also end up missing your glad hand rubbers. So it looks like I get to replace a drive tire....whenever I loving feel like it, because I got the truck out of the shop yesterday, and by the time I got home, I had a flat tire....with what looks like a loving socket jammed through the tread.

:homebrew:

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

InterceptorV8 posted:

This isn't that uncommon. Also be on the look-out for replaced lights as well, and you'll also end up missing your glad hand rubbers. So it looks like I get to replace a drive tire....whenever I loving feel like it, because I got the truck out of the shop yesterday, and by the time I got home, I had a flat tire....with what looks like a loving socket jammed through the tread.

:homebrew:

All of our trailer lights are riveted down to dissuade reappropriation and I take the seals off any trailer I drop in Laredo that's going south.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PainterofCrap posted:

You fuckers clearly have never cleaned out an IHOP grease trap.

You're absolutely correct!

FogHelmut posted:

This happens everywhere all the time. Trailers here go over to Eastern Europe and come back with bald retreads instead of the new Contis/whatever they left with.

Rental vehicles get hired by people with matching vehicles to swap parts. I know someone who rented a Sprinter the same as one they'd bought and swapped the engine and gearbox, then drove it through mud and puddles to make everything dirty to cover the marks on bolts where everything had been removed.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This happens on even the most basic of rental cars. The rental I had when I wrecked one car had expired registration and inspection tags - a closer look showed that the VIN on the inspection was for a completely different make/year of car, and the registration tag had a different county and license plate printed on it.

Wound up getting pulled over at least once a day every time I drove it. Enterprise basically said I was up poo poo creek in terms of a discount over it, but since I reported it, they would go after the person who had previously rented the car, and they filed a police report (turns out the fact that we print the license plate on the registration sticker comes in a little handy).

IIRC it was a brand new Mitsubishi Galant (only a few thousand miles on it), the inspection was from a ~15 year old car of some sort and had expired 3 months prior. I assume the registration sticker was from the same car, though our registration stickers only show the county, license plate, and expiration (inspection tags had the VIN written on them, though we've done away with inspection stickers as of this year).

Oh yeah. Tires were bald as poo poo. Again, car only had a few thousand miles on it. I'd guess they had a shady tire shop swap them onto their own car, if they didn't flat out swap the wheels themselves (it had hubcaps, so if the bolt pattern was the same...)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 1, 2015

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

60,000 mile drive tire ruined because the shop monkey ran over a loving tool with my truck moving it 20 feet into and out of the shop.

:banjo:

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Shop monkey's shop buy you tire? Right? Oh, right. You're gonna get hosed over aren't you.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

60,000 mile drive tire ruined because the shop monkey ran over a loving tool with my truck moving it 20 feet into and out of the shop.

:banjo:

How long do they typically last?

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Terminus Est posted:

Shop monkey's shop buy you tire? Right? Oh, right. You're gonna get hosed over aren't you.

I get a wonderful recapped trailer tire on my drive axle. I'm gonna leave the loving tool in the tire when I go back to the shop in another 30,000 miles and laugh at them.

Mooseykins posted:

How long do they typically last?

200,000 miles or more. I think I got 250,000 out of my last set.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Wanna know a great stress reliever?

Mine area right after a good hard rain, and 1850 foot pounds of torque and the TC turned to off.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pictures and video please.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQ9qoxZPQ4

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

It's like Channel 19, the movie.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

ICV8.MP4?

I hope so.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

"Because I deliver loads, not take them."

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

"Because I deliver loads, not take them."

"Freightliner's the heartbeat of America. You can feel it pounding in your chest when you're takin' a poo poo in a urinal and you're afraid of gettin' caught."

"Peterbilt offers an uncomfortable passenger seat. So you can get that tranny in the sleep cab, a little bit sooner."

Truckin' in America! :v:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Broke a fitting off a brake pot and dynomited that wheel on a mud slick hill. Luckily I'm chained up. I drag trailer to the top of the hill and pull over to wide spot. Now I'm stuck here waiting for 3 new tires (how did I blow 3 tires???) And mechanic because I can't extract the threaded piece from the pot. And the tools I need to cage the brake are in the other truck, not this lender.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

jonathan posted:

Broke a fitting off a brake pot and dynomited that wheel on a mud slick hill. Luckily I'm chained up. I drag trailer to the top of the hill and pull over to wide spot. Now I'm stuck here waiting for 3 new tires (how did I blow 3 tires???) And mechanic because I can't extract the threaded piece from the pot. And the tools I need to cage the brake are in the other truck, not this lender.

Canadians, it's hot out, so let's throw iron!

I swear you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So after looking at the tires one went flat for no reason, and on the other side something got wedged between and blew them out. The air line sheered off the pot because the flat tires allowed the pot to get close to the ground. I'm glad I'm paid by the hour. Too much poo poo on these trucks get broken for flat rate.

• Locked thread