Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SouthsideSaint posted:

Then left her phone number in the bag.

And then...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

go3 posted:

Every 8 weeks my wife gets a Remicade treatment. This cost $8k previously, but after the place was bought out by a large hospital group the price suddenly went to $22k. Nope, nothing wrong with our healthcare system God Bless America and Ronald Reagan yall!

Let the warm, yellow rain of freedom trickle down your back :911:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I stopped to help someone change a tire awhile back. Her boyfriend showed up just as I was bolting the spare on.

It ... went the opposite way. He handed me :20bux: for helping her.

And that cheap punchdown tool I bought keeps coming back to bite me in the rear end. Just realized how sluggish my PC was running for anything involving network stuff, and I couldn't pull a TV stream from the HDHomeRun. Checked and... linked at 10mbit?! Just punched down the port on the block again and it's back up to gigabit, but that's the 2nd port I've had that issue with so far (a 3rd completely died at one point). I'm guessing it just isn't forcing the wires in far enough.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm in canada and get remicade every 6 weeks, and had to get drug coverage through blue cross to cover it. on my billing summary, it shows about 7 grand a treatment, before it was approved, the drug company provided it for free through their "compassionate care" program.

the patent for it runs out in 3 or 4 years, after that it should be far cheaper.

e: How much weight can 3/4" plumbing pipe support hanging off it.

I'm looking at building a cheap monitor mount that can sing out away from the desk, potentially being as much as 72" away from the pivot point, and probably 30lbs of monitors/mounts on the end of the arm. would plumbing pipe be strong enough for this?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 27, 2015

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Just started my new job slinging cellphones today part time so I can easily go back to school full time. This should be fun. loving things cost more than I was willing to pay to build a gaming rig but people are totally cool with it.

Also the lady is totally down with me getting a 5.0 if I sell the jeep. But it's hard to give up the utility and I want a bike again anyways so maybe I'll put my childhood mullet fantasy on hold for a bit.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I did my first autocross in my friend's WRX yesterday. I came in dead last in the first timer class, but holy poo poo did I have fun.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Oh American cars, never change. The 2015 Focus I just bought had to go back to the dealer to get the tailgate aligned and a clip replaced that was missing from the factory. Very minor stuff.

Good thing the dealership service department is on top of things. Oh wait... what should have been a simple matter of dropping off a car and grabbing a loaner turned into 3 hours of going "How we lookin' on getting me a car?" Fuckin' salesguy said to come on in, they'd take care of it and I'd be on my way right-quick. I guess he forgot I haven't filled out their stupid survey yet...

A 2014 Elantra GT is a fuckton less nice than a 2015 Ecoboost Focus. I normally like automatics just fine but holy poo poo, it's like Hyundai doesn't know what "smooth" means.

I have owned Das Volk's old 330ci for years and years now. We all know how it went when he decided to buy an American car... I hope the 330 doesn't get jealous, it's not like I'm getting rid of her. I just like the multiple car lifestyle!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

And then...?

Threw that poo poo away so that my now wife/then girlfriend didn't murder me in my sleep.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SouthsideSaint posted:

Threw that poo poo away so that my now wife/then girlfriend didn't murder me in my sleep.

Oh, fair enough.

That stuff never happened to me when i was a mech. :(

Something about having the looks and personality of a Polish drug addict i guess. (Which i'm not, it's just coincidence.)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Surely someone in here is as spergy with boxers as I am. For a long time I'd always buy Target's Merona brand boxers, they cover the waistband with the same material as the rest of the boxer and it ends up being really comfortable. They're also not woven cotton boxers, I'm not sure what you call it but it feels more like a t-shirt than the weird woven feel. I haven't been able to find the same kind of Merona boxers at Target anymore, the ones online are different, and it's time to order a bunch more. What's the most comfortable boxer out there right now?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MomJeans420 posted:

Surely someone in here is as spergy with boxers as I am. For a long time I'd always buy Target's Merona brand boxers, they cover the waistband with the same material as the rest of the boxer and it ends up being really comfortable. They're also not woven cotton boxers, I'm not sure what you call it but it feels more like a t-shirt than the weird woven feel. I haven't been able to find the same kind of Merona boxers at Target anymore, the ones online are different, and it's time to order a bunch more. What's the most comfortable boxer out there right now?

I have GAP ones, they're definitely not like t-shirt material but they're good and they're comfy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MomJeans420 posted:

The same thing happened to me, my boxer of choice was discontinued. I was a fan of Old Navy's boxer briefs. I saw them on clearance so I grabbed as many in my size as I could find. That was 5 years ago and I'm just about out of non ratty pairs.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

MomJeans420 posted:

I roll Costco boxer briefs and they are the poo poo.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I just wear the frilliest panties you can buy from Victoria's Secret

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MrChips posted:

I just wear the frilliest panties you can buy from Victoria's Secret

Truck driver spotted.

Snap-on (the tool company) make great socks. I thought they were a gimmick for ages and didn't believe they'd actually be that good, but they are. They're more comfortable and far more hard wearing than any others i've tried.

I even have nice pink ones.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

Truck driver spotted.

Snap-on (the tool company) make great socks. I thought they were a gimmick for ages and didn't believe they'd actually be that good, but they are. They're more comfortable and far more hard wearing than any others i've tried.

And only $49 a pair!

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

And only $49 a pair!

It's the price you pay to look the part! The sign of a true mechanic! :v:

They're actually surprisingly cheap, probably the cheapest thing you can buy from them. Y'know, since you can practically take out a mortgage on a toolbox.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MomJeans420 posted:

Me Undies.

Sounds like a gimmick, but they're loving awesome.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mooseykins posted:

Truck driver spotted.

Smart Wool for life, yo. Although I have a competitor, I recently picked up a couple pair of Darn Tough socks and haven't managed to wear them out in any meaningful way yet. Darn Tough also unconditionally garauntees their stuff including wear and tear, so that's worthwhile. I live in work boots and hiking boots on the weekends, so I'm sure if I can bust 'em I will.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 27, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseykins posted:

It's the price you pay to look the part! The sign of a true mechanic! :v:

They're actually surprisingly cheap, probably the cheapest thing you can buy from them. Y'know, since you can practically take out a mortgage on a toolbox.

Mine was only $6500 after options and financing costs, and I have like two more payments on it. Thank god.

E: the sign of a true mechanic is after you no longer ask the price of individual things. You say gimme one of those, pay your weekly, make sure the end balance is reasonable, and sure thing John I'll see you next week, let me know when you get the Latest and Greatest batch of new drugs for me to try

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 27, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Liquid Communism posted:

Smart Wool for life, yo.

Interesting. I will look into this.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Mine was only $6500 after options and financing costs, and I have like two more payments on it. Thank god.

I bought mine used over 3 purchases. (Top and bottom, side box, side locker.) Ran me £1,155 all in, which is about a third of list.

It's completely full, and my dealer keeps trying to get me to buy a new box.

(Those drawers have more in them since those pics were taken, i now have more stuff buried under other stuff.)

Friend of mine recently traded his box in (similar to mine) on a KRL and it was £4,500 after trade-in and discount. Waaaay too much for me.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

E: the sign of a true mechanic is after you no longer ask the price of individual things. You say gimme one of those, pay your weekly, make sure the end balance is reasonable, and sure thing John I'll see you next week, let me know when you get the Latest and Greatest batch of new drugs for me to try

I do this too, although helped by being friends with my dealer, i sometimes get a decent discount on stuff. Just got a near-new reposessed 1/2" lithium impact for 480 instead of 750. It's not worth asking what stuff costs, even when ordering in. I want it, i'm going to have it, i'll pay the price that i'm oblivious to! :v:

My RA balance is like £990.. :eng99:

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 27, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MomJeans420 posted:

What's the most comfortable boxer out there right now?

I bought a pair of Tommy John boxer briefs and have never looked back. Moved to their undershirts as well. $$$ but worth it.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I'm quite happy with my Hanes boxer-briefs right now. I'm about to rotate the ones I have now out and get new ones since these are about a year and a half old and starting to lose some elasticity.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

What's the most comfortable boxer out there right now?

http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-Mens-Boxer-Matrix-Knit/dp/B000TGQBQC

Fit me perfectly, not too snug, not too loose, don't bag up, very nice and soft cotton, hold up well

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

go3 posted:

buy a french press and some fresh roasted coffee online and wonder why there isnt some PSA letting you know just how terrible your chain coffee is

I have coffee and a french press at work and at the house. It's worth the 5 minute wait, every time, even with pre-ground grocery store coffee.

Mooseykins posted:

(Those drawers have more in them since those pics were taken, i now have more stuff buried under other stuff.)

I have such incredible tool envy right now. I just have a small 6-drawer top-box for pretty much every tool I own, and I'm pretty much out of space at this point. But, it is nice being able to just drop it in the hatchback if I need to go work on someone else's' poo poo.

Re: Boxer-briefs: Meundies are awesome for everyday wear. Unfortunately they don't have a front flap, which is irritating. Before I got on the MeUndies train I was wearing UnderArmour 9-inch boxer briefs, and now I just use them for athletic activities or reserve. The UA 6-inch version didn't have enough leg length for me, but that's half I'm-a-big-sonofabitch and half personal preference. Oddly enough even though the MeUndies are closer to the 6-inch version of the UA's they're much more form fitting, supportive, and downright comfortable. Plus, I feel like a sexy beast in em :heysexy: When I first started wearing them I was all "So THIS is how she feels when I buy her nice underthings."

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 27, 2015

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Joe Boxer, boxer briefs from Costco.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Food chat - anyone got suggestions for salmon recipes and stuff to go with it? I've been craving it lately. I found a couple on Cooking Light and Health, but most of what I'm finding looks pretty boring.

Boxer chat, I generally just buy Hanes, though I have a few pair of Duluth Trading Company boxers (they were a gift, I would never pay that much for boxers) that are incredibly comfortable, especially on hot days. I don't know how, but they suck away sweat like nobody's business. And being a hairy guy of above-average weight, I sweat a lot. 95% of my socks are Hanes too.

I'll buy the random branded pair occasionally (i.e. Family Guy, The Hulk, Superman, etc).

It's been a few years since I bought more than a pair here and there, and I've lost enough weight that most of mass market ones (Hanes etc) no longer fit (and the ones that do are old enough that the elastic has ceased to be a part of this earth). I think I might even have a pair or two of XL left from when I had a 40-42" waist, when I'm down to 32-34 (depending on the brand of pants) now.

I'll never buy another pair of silk boxers though, except to wear around the house. Yeah, they're pretty :quagmire: at the right moment, but holy hell do they get uncomfortable when you get sweaty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so tired but I can't relax and chill out for poo poo tonight. JUST GONNA KEEP TRANSFORMING THESE PLASTIC ROBOTS.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

some texas redneck posted:

Food chat - anyone got suggestions for salmon recipes and stuff to go with it? I've been craving it lately. I found a couple on Cooking Light and Health, but most of what I'm finding looks pretty boring.

It may seem boring but I'm just a fan of simply oven cooking salmon and serving with mashed taters

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-salmon-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-204559

Salmon is delicious and doesn't need a tonne of extra flavours to go with it.

I buy the cheapest bulk pack of boxers from the supermarket. Don't even remember where I got the current ones from but they seem pretty comfy and have lasted years without degrading.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Oh my god that is nice I really like how ahhhhnnnnnnggggggggggggohgod gently caress

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Oh my god that is nice I really like how ahhhhnnnnnnggggggggggggohgod gently caress

Yea, this. That drawer of ratchets! All those specialty sockets! :vince:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My city is talking about installing speed cameras. We don't have much of a speeding problem but there are so many cowardly anti-car people here that it's getting a lot of support. Worse than a nanny state, it's a ninny state.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

some texas redneck posted:

I'm a big fan of en crute (sp?) with crust - melt a little butter, mix in a bunch of breadcrumbs, add any spices, herbs, dried chillies etc and a little lemon juice, squish it onto the salmon, bake low for 20 minutes, serve with new potatoes and salad or whatever. Always a winner with the whole family, 5 minutes prep.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blk posted:

My city is talking about installing speed cameras. We don't have much of a speeding problem but there are so many cowardly anti-car people here that it's getting a lot of support. Worse than a nanny state, it's a ninny state.

My county had them for a while, a private company owned and maintained them. Speeding stopped, they were then no longer 'financially viable' and I'm pretty sure the police bought them. Then the police budgets were slashed and they never had the money to maintain them, so there's big yellow speed cameras in and around the city that are mere ornaments.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

My county had them for a while, a private company owned and maintained them. Speeding stopped about 10 metres in front of them where drivers slam on their brakes, they were then no longer 'financially viable' and I'm pretty sure the police bought them. Then the police budgets were slashed and they never had the money to maintain them, so there's big yellow speed cameras in and around the city that are mere ornaments.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's what annoys me about an awful lot of drivers anyway, no fucker can look further ahead on the road than the bumper of the car in front. I'm somewhat amazed there's not more accidents because people can't drive for poo poo.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I made salmon sous vide last night, trying my vacuum sealer for the first time. 30-40 minutes at 50C. Comes out juicy and tender as hell. Only problem is that 50C salmon placed on a room temperature plate needs to be eaten ASAFP if you want it warm.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Grilling is always a good standby if that's an option. Marinade of choice (I'm a fan of teriyaki, maybe with a sliced habenero if I'm not cooking for my mom), slap it skin side down on a demon-hot oiled grill, cook about 5minutes, then flip and cook another 10-15 minutes.

Goes great with grilled asparagus and starch of choice.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

That's what annoys me about an awful lot of drivers anyway, no fucker can look further ahead on the road than the bumper of the car in front. I'm somewhat amazed there's not more accidents because people can't drive for poo poo.

I hear that, I've had it a few times that people have been so close to me that their headlights are below my line of sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Enourmo posted:

Grilling is always a good standby if that's an option. Marinade of choice (I'm a fan of teriyaki, maybe with a sliced habenero if I'm not cooking for my mom), slap it skin side down on a demon-hot oiled grill, cook about 5minutes, then flip and cook another 10-15 minutes.

Goes great with grilled asparagus and starch of choice.

Honestly salmon grilled for 20 minutes sounds like it'll be dry, is it?

• Locked thread