Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I really hope NSW can do the job tomorrow and not capitulate like I expect them to. I don't know what it'll be like living up here if the loving bogans win again :'(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

I really hope NSW can do the job tomorrow and not capitulate like I expect them to. I don't know what it'll be like living up here if the loving bogans win again :'(
who knows, we'll probably lose.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Most hyped I've been for origin in a while, should be good

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I'm excited that there'll be 90% less elbows and Bird-face than last year

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I too am pumped for origin even though I'm probably going to struggle to see the first twenty-ish minutes while I crank out burgers for my buddies and drink some delicious Sierra Nevada torpedo ipas.

Go blues, gently caress a maroon

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Queensland by 4 because I've seen Mitchell Pearce play Origin too many times.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The game will happen, it will probably be a good watch and I will post something about a south of the tweed conspiracy regardless of what happens

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In my standard pre game pessimism mode

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Same

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I've already had the worst possible sports related news happen to me this week so nothing in origin can be bad

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

All of the teams I support have poo poo the bed in the last week or so and as such I'm hoping that it's all just reverse karma and the Blues will snap the streak of crap results.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, why is the Rock doing the intro?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I know nine are poo poo but why have they got the rock reading out some Gus Gould babble bullshit?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

iajanus posted:

All of the teams I support have poo poo the bed in the last week or so and as such I'm hoping that it's all just reverse karma and the Blues will snap the streak of crap results.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

adamantium|wang posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I'm pretty sure I can trace my years of disappointment to being a three year old who liked the colour orange :suicide:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

OK, why is the Rock doing the intro?

This is the closest I have come to regretting skipping the pregame bullshit.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nothing is as Australian as a bunch of taiko drums played by lobsters and smurfs. Also, looking at the pre-match entertainment, I'm rather relieved I've got the sound off.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Better than most league pre game shows, but that's a pretty low bar

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

THE ROCK!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Nothing says working class entertainment like some loving chisel

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Which channel is he on? Sky Sports over here in NZ is getting the Channel 9 coverage, so we're getting Lockyer and whichever Johns brother that is instead of The Rock.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Channel nine being honest by saying the blues road to victory is late hits on Thurston

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Getting hyped hearing about the names of the player's children

edit; come on Corey, do it for Jagger and Memphis

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I skipped the entertainment and watched an episode of dollhouse

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Channel nine being honest by saying the blues road to victory is late hits on Thurston

And none of the ones in the video were illegal, so I guess it's a good tactic? Maybe they should have focused more on Thurston grinding his elbow into Reynolds's face for an extended period to show more of Queensland's traditional 'clean' play....

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
and it's still not over

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

and it's still not over

:negative: This is what hell is like

edit: :frogsiren: ORIGIN PLAYER ORIGIN PLAYER ORIGIN PLAYER ORIGIN PLAYER :frogsiren:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In a couple of years the games will start at nine o'clock.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

In a couple of years the games will start at nine o'clock.

Back in my day, they started at 9:30 pm NZT. It's 10:15 pm here now and I'm still loving waiting.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Some football would be nice

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Prematch lasts until midnight then they turn to the camera and say that's all for tonight folks what a great show then we get the test signal

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

And none of the ones in the video were illegal, so I guess it's a good tactic? Maybe they should have focused more on Thurston grinding his elbow into Reynolds's face for an extended period to show more of Queensland's traditional 'clean' play....

Going by origin Reffing Thurston was lucky to not be sent of for having the audacity of wearing a maroon Jersey

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smorgasbord posted:

Prematch lasts until midnight then they turn to the camera and say that's all for tonight folks what a great show then we get the test signal

South of the Tweed conspiracy to avoid the blues losing. Three abandoned games and it's a draw so blues keep the trophy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Going by origin Reffing Thurston was lucky to not be sent of for having the audacity of wearing a maroon Jersey

Quick question, have you ever watched an origin game before? You'd have to be ridiculously one-eyed to think that the maroons get treated any better or worse than the blues, or that they're any less dirty. Terrible NRL ref standards notwithstanding, of course.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Quick question, have you ever watched an origin game before? You'd have to be ridiculously one-eyed to think that the maroons get treated any better or worse than the blues, or that they're any less dirty. Terrible NRL ref standards notwithstanding, of course.

Bent Tate got sent off for being punched in the face

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MiniSune posted:

Some football would be nice

Pfffft, since when is State of Origin about football?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And now Tamou does the haka by himself

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Bent Tate got sent off for being punched in the face

See the last part of my post for reference