Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Qld looked tired for the last ten minutes for sure, but NSW scored six points basically off the back of some conspicuous generosity from gerard sutton. Still anyones game imo
not sure what your talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Both NSW tries looked fine to me. At first glance there might have been obstruction on the Scott try, but it was so far away from where the ball ended up that I don't think it mattered.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

If I hadn't seen him kick a conversion I wouldn't have thought that Thurston was on the field, he's been extremely quiet. He has looked afraid to take the line on for the most part.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pretty loving tired of this blues heavy commentary team, especially adolf fellating blues players as they leave the field on camera

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Both NSW tries looked fine to me. At first glance there might have been obstruction on the Scott try, but it was so far away from where the ball ended up that I don't think it mattered.
nah they were caused by rushing defence and Beau had 3 defenders on him

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Pretty loving tired of this blues heavy commentary team, especially adolf fellating blues players as they leave the field on camera
what do you think is going to happen when we go to Suncorp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

this is just maroonwhinge.txt

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

what do you think is going to happen when we go to Suncorp

A blues heavy commentary team, and Adolf fellating blues players as they leave the field on camera.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If QLD loses this series we need to purge all the greying hairs and let new people in or else we will be passing the ball in wheelchairs.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

this is just maroonwhinge.txt

Look at this Anasta apologist

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Look at this Anasta apologist
nah gently caress Anasta

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

If QLD loses this series we need to purge all the greying hairs and let new people in or else we will be passing the ball in wheelchairs.
they are already dirty old men with bony elbows

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

nah gently caress Anasta

Rugby League 1908-xxxx: nah gently caress Anasta

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

they are already dirty old men with bony elbows

Just using the tools they have mate.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
loving Slater is such a grub

edit: first offense was Pearce taking out the chasers though really. LOL missed touch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

loving Slater is such a grub

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Literally grabbing his head midair lmao

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'd argue that he was just securing the tackle but there really was no need to jump down like he did.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
suck it Darius

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
How the gently caress did they bomb that?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh, there's Thaiday, shoving an elbow in to someone's neck.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That felt inevitable. Queensland was rolling down the middle of the field.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's been coming for a while, with NSW not doing the little things right. Too many cheap penalties and mistakes.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Agreed, it was only a matter of time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Looks like QLD woke up and is digging in

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
More like NSW forgot they were playing.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Has Pearce put up a kick that the chasers could actually contest?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Should be kicking for touch here

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

2 Bad Teams

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lol 11-10. A result NSW deserves.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:lol:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

11-10 off to the trash you go. Still can't beat the old man team.

May Queensland rule 10 thousand years.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
One day I hope I get to see someone uppercut Justin Hodges and end his career

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't start a second half like that and expect to win

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Last twenty minutes were an embarrassment to league. Both teams were very poor, with the man of the match being hard to pick. I'd almost give it to Dugan since almost no other players did anything of note. Maybe Guerra.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

that was a good game of rugby loig

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

At least it was close. Otherwise there was a lot of poo poo league going on.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse::horse::horse:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

2 Bad Teams

I cannot agree more.

A QLD side full of old slow blokes with very little ideas versus a NSW side with no loving ideas at all and a game plan that made tommy raudonikis look like a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I spent the entire second half waiting for the other shoe to drop and Qld be punished for being so criminally poo poo but the blues were worse and we held on for the win.

• Locked thread