Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I haven't been to Skellige yet, but installing Ciri as warrior queen of united Skellige with the support of all those mages that hate Radovid and dislike-to-hate Emhyr would rock. Nilfgaard cannot really continue their war of agression with all this long poorly defended coast being raided by unholy alliance of vikings and mages :black101:

Goons, that are farther in the game, please let me have my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Just got around to getting this and I seem to remember the devs talking about there being ps4 buttons on the pc version, but a quick google says it's not so? Are they missing something/is there a mod that adds them if they're gone?

Choccy Starfish
Oct 5, 2012
Is it just me, or has the gamma option gone today? How dare it be sunny and nice outside, I'm trying to play the bloody Witcher for crying out loud!

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Nalesh posted:

Just got around to getting this and I seem to remember the devs talking about there being ps4 buttons on the pc version, but a quick google says it's not so? Are they missing something/is there a mod that adds them if they're gone?

Nope, they're not there and such a mod doesn't exist yet. I'm really hoping this gets patched since they obviously created the assets for the PS4 version.

You internalize the button layout pretty quickly, but it would be nice for the prompts to match my controller.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Two complaints so far in this otherwise amazing game: First - Geralt wont go into combat mode even with his sword out. If I hold the Parry button it defaults to his Witcher Sense until I get some unspecified distance away from the enemy. This leads to me getting hosed up by Archers all the goddamned time. Their aggro range is way higher than the "combat range" or whatever it is that makes Geralt not catch arrows with his face. Second, Alt Signs are really finnicky to cast with a controller. I can't get the Alt Axii to fire off probably 75% of the time. It's just holding the sign button instead of tapping, right? I also accidentally activate Alt Igni way too often and get smashed in the face.

Bear in mind both issues might be my problem and not the game's, but I'd love to know how to deal with them all the same.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
The conversation with the Godlin in the swamp:

code:
Did I ever. Remember it as it were yesterday.  Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day.  Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorius...

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well I done hosed up now. Shaved my face and now the beard isn't growing. Help? Didn't change and hair or beard styles.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
delighted by the variety of swearing in this game. no longer are ploughing and whoreson the only dirty words in everyone's vocabulary. a bandit called me a twat, goty 2015

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think I'll go with a alchemy build, now that I crafted a Griffith armor and that suit looks ugly.
Sorry Yrdern, you're an amazing sign and all, but not worth looking like a pot bellied mutant

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I get the peasant women for Love's Cruel Snare to spawn? I liberated the camp but at the place where she is supposed to there's only a few generic guards?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Asehujiko posted:

How do I get the peasant women for Love's Cruel Snare to spawn? I liberated the camp but at the place where she is supposed to there's only a few generic guards?

Meditate for a few hours. She wasn't in the camp for me but up the hill to the east a bit.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Heithinn Grasida posted:

About what level can you expect to reach if you're fairly thorough about everything?
35 or so, after finding Ciri the quests throw experience at you by the truckloads, you'll get 5 levels from just those.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Levantine posted:

Meditate for a few hours. She wasn't in the camp for me but up the hill to the east a bit.
I meditated repeatedly trying for a different time of day and I'm standing at the exact place where I see her in other people's videos but she's still not appearing. Could there be a minimum level/main quest progression requirement? I'm level 5 and haven't done wandering in the dark/any of the crows nest stuff.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Nope, they're not there and such a mod doesn't exist yet. I'm really hoping this gets patched since they obviously created the assets for the PS4 version.

You internalize the button layout pretty quickly, but it would be nice for the prompts to match my controller.

Oh well, I got through dks/2 with xbox ui's I'll get through this :v:

By the way I noticed this while looking it up, anyone got pro/cons of this layout?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/11/

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Asehujiko posted:

I meditated repeatedly trying for a different time of day and I'm standing at the exact place where I see her in other people's videos but she's still not appearing. Could there be a minimum level/main quest progression requirement? I'm level 5 and haven't done wandering in the dark/any of the crows nest stuff.

I was level 9 when I did it. You fight level 10 Wild Dogs on the quest so it may be level related.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'm only in Act 1 (although I am 88 hours into Act 1) but until something terrible happens I will be siding with Nilfgaard because general Voorhis' goony mannerisms have won me over.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm only in Act 1 (although I am 88 hours into Act 1) but until something terrible happens I will be siding with Nilfgaard because general Voorhis' goony mannerisms have won me over.

I have found myself not really siding with anyone. I am really capricious with how I resolve quests for every side. Some imperials seem ok so I help them and some villagers are loving dickheads so I gently caress them over, and vice versa. It's been really fun so far!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

He's a kind of guy I can't figure out. Will he end up as an enemy or an ally? No idea. I do know he's one suave and slimy motherf*cker and I enjoy interactions with him.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Well I done hosed up now. Shaved my face and now the beard isn't growing. Help? Didn't change and hair or beard styles.

Do you have the haircut DLC installed? Some people are reporting this stops beard growth, others say it's fine (to the point where you can order a short beard and it grows from there).

I like my beard too much to risk a shave (and you can't load a savegame if you turn off the DLC).

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Must be mixed, I think. I've got the DLC and have gone back to clean-shaven and dyna-beard still works for me.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Apparently W3 does well enough in Japan to end up in the top spot on a sales list on some major Japanese retail chain
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/25/ps4-version-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-dominates-major-japanese-retailers-sales-chart/

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Comte - perhaps this is a bit too early to consider, but do you think you'll distribute the .fla files needed to make modifications to the GUI?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man I gotta say the PS4 controller might be the best PC gaming controller ever. Binding swipes to different buttons is amazing, swipe up is map, left is inventory, right is quest log and down is meditate. Press is quicksave and PS button is quick swap signs. Freggin amazing.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I don't know about you guys but I had a wonderful night playing The Gwenter 3: Wild Card, and I even found some treasure and encountered some strange happenings in-between bosses. It was the good stuff and I love this game. :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tihCz1sFyo

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mr.Citrus posted:

Pretty sure i got all the people in distress freed. is he there a certain time of day?

There's a bandit camp on an island to the east and a bit south of that village which is where the merchant is. After you free him he takes his time to walk back to the village, then for some reason doesn't become active right away. Once he's in the village just meditate a day or two for him to unlock.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Jesus, I'm barely like five quests in and I am sick to tears of the loving "use your witcher senses to find thing" quests. I bet over 50% of your playtime is spent walking circles looking for glowing poo poo to click so you can move on to the next leg of a quest. It's horrible. It's a really bad hidden object game. I wanted to keep going this morning but lo and loving behold I had to stomp around a camp looking for clues AGAIN and I just loving despaired and turned it off.

I'm playing it on baby mode already; just loving have a button prompt showing me where the maguffin is, or just put it on the minimap. Who thinks this part of the game is fun? It was horrible in the tutorial and it doesn't get better when I'm running around in the woods flapping my arms looking for zombie turds or whatever.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

turtlecrunch posted:

I don't know about you guys but I had a wonderful night playing The Gwenter 3: Wild Card, and I even found some treasure and encountered some strange happenings in-between bosses. It was the good stuff and I love this game. :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tihCz1sFyo

I got some major problems with how you play Gwent.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

cram me sideways posted:

Jesus, I'm barely like five quests in and I am sick to tears of the loving "use your witcher senses to find thing" quests. I bet over 50% of your playtime is spent walking circles looking for glowing poo poo to click so you can move on to the next leg of a quest. It's horrible. It's a really bad hidden object game. I wanted to keep going this morning but lo and loving behold I had to stomp around a camp looking for clues AGAIN and I just loving despaired and turned it off.

I'm playing it on baby mode already; just loving have a button prompt showing me where the maguffin is, or just put it on the minimap. Who thinks this part of the game is fun? It was horrible in the tutorial and it doesn't get better when I'm running around in the woods flapping my arms looking for zombie turds or whatever.

Yeah you should probably just stop playing.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

cram me sideways posted:

Aside from the distracting effects, I think it's fun.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Has anyone tried Focus + Adrenaline Burst for a signs build? Is it worth it or am I better off using two more blue skills with a blue mutagen?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

cram me sideways posted:

It's actually really fun and I like doing it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

cram me sideways posted:

Jesus, I'm barely like five quests in and I am sick to tears of the loving "use your witcher senses to find thing" quests.

You may also want to steer clear of the Batman Arkham gams

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Solartide posted:

I got some major problems with how you play Gwent.

Oh yea, wanna fite me? :smugbert: I am the one who beat ALL the Valen (Velen?) scrubs. I am a much better player than a bunch of starving peasants.
Well we can't because there is no multi. :negative:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

hagie posted:

You may also want to steer clear of the Batman Arkham gams

I have no idea how you can compare those games to this one.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
I was worried Witchervision would suck and be horrible but by the time you get to Griffin nest in White Orchard you realize how awesome it is and how many storytelling problems it solves. Geralt isn't a Bioware self-insert, it matters that he has opportunities to talk to the player and help you get inside his head.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

I have no idea how you can compare those games to this one.

Excessive use of detective vision, which they were talking about in the first place?
I liked it when I tried to get that old woman her pan back and she said "and they call ME kooky" when Geralt was mumbling about clues to himself.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

GrossMurpel posted:

Excessive use of detective vision, which they were talking about in the first place?

I suppose it's the same mechanic in spirit, but Arkham's is more player friendly than what Witcher 3 does.

Anyways, I'm clearly in the minority in thinking it's bad, so I'll stop.

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
Biggest laugh I've ever gotten in a game came when I was just running around the map and I ran by these guys on a hill who yelled at me: "hey, this is a loving HOLY PLACE!"

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

turtlecrunch posted:

Oh yea, wanna fite me? :smugbert: I am the one who beat ALL the Valen (Velen?) scrubs. I am a much better player than a bunch of starving peasants.
Well we can't because there is no multi. :negative:

Someone's already made gwent for Tabletop Simulator. Biggest issue, of course is deckbuilding. It's obviously lacking balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

cram me sideways posted:

I suppose it's the same mechanic in spirit, but Arkham's is more player friendly than what Witcher 3 does.

Anyways, I'm clearly in the minority in thinking it's bad, so I'll stop.

I'll give you that it can break up the flow of action if that's what you're going for, but I think a lot of people enjoy the detective work aspect of it.