Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
The good news is my UK physical copy has just arrived. The bad news is I have to go to work, so I won't be able to play it for 9 hours. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

I did it.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
New weapon video: Blaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHh6Y4nhye8

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
What does that subweapon do? I can't quite tell from the video, aside from maybe unsquidding someone.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Onean posted:

What does that subweapon do? I can't quite tell from the video, aside from maybe unsquidding someone.

A weapon that prevents you from being a squid now would be like, the worst war crime

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Onean posted:

It lowers the enemy's power and speed, allowing you to easily chase them down.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Gotcha, thanks.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
It also appears to have an explosive effect at the end of the shot, so like, you can aim behind or to the side of someone in cover, and damage them through the blast radius.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

KennyMan666 posted:

Have you played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call? It's a great substitute in lieu of a new Ouendan/EBA.

It has a similar style of gameplay but none of the over the top anime charm that makes EBA the best rhythm game in history.

In CC you play as a group of JRPG heroes from other games battling generic monsters and bosses.

One mission of EBA has you helping a director make a godzilla themed cat movie. You do this by cheerleading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULFcfuXaYg

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

MrFlibble posted:

It has a similar style of gameplay but none of the over the top anime charm that makes EBA the best rhythm game in history.

In CC you play as a group of JRPG heroes from other games battling generic monsters and bosses.

One mission of EBA has you helping a director make a godzilla themed cat movie. You do this by cheerleading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULFcfuXaYg

Yeah, but can you play to this song in EBA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

(it may be DLC but goddamn is it worth it)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

EBA/ouendan is the best rhythm game series of all time and lets leave it at that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Welp, found my main.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Suaimhneas posted:

A weapon that prevents you from being a squid now would be like, the worst war crime

So it only makes them kids? Gotcha.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah that weapon looks pretty cool. Its just a big ol' cannon. It has good range too, but it's sub doesnt seem all that good. Any subweapon that isn't some form of paint grenade though seems pretty lame meh so far.

It looks like theres gonna be a good variety of weapons, even within the 3 classes of weapons.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Yeah that weapon looks pretty cool. Its just a big ol' cannon. It has good range too, but it's sub doesnt seem all that good. Any subweapon that isn't some form of paint grenade though seems pretty lame meh so far.

It looks like theres gonna be a good variety of weapons, even within the 3 classes of weapons.

That whole loadout seems pretty enemy eliminating focused rather than paint spreading focused.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Multiplayer is up and running for those who have their physical copy early.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Szmitten posted:

That whole loadout seems pretty enemy eliminating focused rather than paint spreading focused.

Oh definitely. The Jury is still out on weather or not that debuff grenade will be useful or not is all...

It definitely seemed to be pretty good at spreading paint though. You get nice big long lines of paint, easier than the few chargers I've seen.

E: specifically for those early game 'paint highways" useful for rushing the key parts of the maps.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 27, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Evil Canadian posted:

Aww blurf. Oh well game looks fun enough to make up for it anyway.

You need the gamepad so you can see the map, and launch yourself to your allies. Without the Gamepad you would be missing out on a significant ability

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Man, the Blaster itself looks like it'd really fit my style, but that Sub/Special combo? Eesh. Would have liked something in there that you can actually use to paint with. Hoping one of the alternate sets for it is more useful.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You need the gamepad so you can see the map, and launch yourself to your allies. Without the Gamepad you would be missing out on a significant ability

To be fair, they could just have a small on-screen minimap and then give you a button that fullscreens it and brings up the superjump list. I'd actually rather have it that way so you could play the game on the gamepad itself.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Blaster looks like a weapon well-suited to defending already claimed territory, kinda like a charger. There really seems to be a nice variety of shooter-type weapons.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Embargo is up, reviews hitting like a tidal wave, mostly 8s and 9s, a few 7s here and there. Pretty impressive considering the (price-point relative) scarcity of content at launch.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

maps are on a daily rotation, with only two available for each mode. That's the dumbest drat thing I've heard in a while.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

maps are on a daily rotation, with only two available for each mode. That's the dumbest drat thing I've heard in a while.

4-hour rotation, actually.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
Looks like I'm staying a kid now. Heads up UK goons:

GAME.co.uk posted:

Dear PkerUNO,

We regret to inform you that the lorry transporting the Splatoon stock from Nintendo's European warehouse to GAME UK has been stolen. Included in this delivery was our allocation of the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo. As a result, we are unable to honour your original pre-order due for delivery on the 29th May 2015.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, we will unfortunately not be getting replacements for these missing items. We have no option but to substitute the Splatoon + Squid Inkling in your order with the standard version of the game. You will still receive your Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy amiibo. We will be discounting this edition by £10 from £52.99 to £42.99 to apologise for this inconvenience. We will also be sending your order by First Class post on Friday 29th May, as we want to make sure that you are happy with this substitution.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PkerUNO posted:

Goddamn octopi :argh:

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Just hit level 6 in multiplayer, not touched singleplayer yet. Game is great.

I like that you can test weapons before buying them. Just unlocked a charger with faster charge time but reduced range.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

octarian supremacy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PkerUNO posted:

I'm just picturing honest-to-goodness Pirates in their boat laughing as they get in a huge crate of games and amiibos, ready to reach America and flip the bundle to afford all the pirate things they want.

Or bury it. Just loving bury all those copies and some day in the future when the world is all Mad Max-y someone will find the boxes and cry because now he/she has enough amiibos to live like a king in this amiibo-currency world.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
And that's why you don't give interest free loans for goods they're not metaphysically bound to give you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gonna be using the blaster flak cannon the whole game. So good.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

You don't need paint grenades if you gun already shoots paint grenades :eng101:

Also roller is better at putting down mass paint than grenades are. This loadout makes total sense.

Its like the .52 gal loadout, its not so much about painting as knocking out enemy players. The Blaster is better at painting than the .52 gal though from the looks of it, which is why I prefer it.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 27, 2015

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oi, 'em chavs knicked the entire lorry mate

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Nah that's a cop-out. If they wanted to they could add a pop-up map on the TV and let you select with a cursor or something. I'm not having any of this "it requires a touch screen!" bullshit.

It is what it is but if they wanted to they could absolutely make the game work on a pro controller. Its just typical Nintendo narrow-mindedness. "This is the best way to play! Everybody should play this way! Why wouldn't you?"

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah that's a cop-out. If they wanted to they could add a pop-up map on the TV and let you select with a cursor or something. I'm not having any of this "it requires a touch screen!" bullshit.

It is what it is but if they wanted to they could absolutely make the game work on a pro controller. Its just typical Nintendo narrow-mindedness. "This is the best way to play! Everybody should play this way! Why wouldn't you?"

Also, features require time and $ to add. Pro controller support may just not have been high enough priority to make it in by release.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Zaphod42 posted:

Nintendo posted:

Folks, I've got a great idea. Let's create a new paradigm by putting a screen on the player's controller, and then NEVER USE IT.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah yes, a Wii U game using the Wii U's default controller that comes with the console. How narrow minded and bullshit.

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
Not to mention I'd prefer the accuracy of a touchpad for the airstrike.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Black Mage Knight posted:

Yeah, but can you play to this song in EBA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

(it may be DLC but goddamn is it worth it)

Yeah but in TFFCC you can't unite the entire planet in a crowd song and use the power of music to blow up an alien invasion fleet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

jivjov posted:

Ah yes, a Wii U game using the Wii U's default controller that comes with the console. How narrow minded and bullshit.

Lets not pretend the WiiU that comes with a tablet and allows multiplayer but doesn't allow multiple tablets isn't in a special place. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Add the option to use a 3DS as a controller, problem solved (in the most half-arsed fashion imaginable).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
I cannot loving believe this.

According to GAME UK, the truck carrying their copies of Splatoon and Amiibos, inc. the Squid has been STOLEN and they won't be able to fulfil my order. I pre-ordered months ago.

• Locked thread