Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I voted for the bull mastiff because with DD's proportions it will likely end up looking like a particular angry and swole pug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

THE BAR posted:

Wouldn't something like a mastiff fit in well?

Sure, but I like wolfhounds.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wolfhounds look really loving badass

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why not both?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Norns posted:

Why not both?

Because customisable dogs wasn't a streach goal?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Angrymog posted:

Because customisable dogs wasn't a streach goal?

Well it should be. :colbert:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Norns posted:

Well it should be. :colbert:

Agreed.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Wolf hound is best hound. Proof:

1. "Wolf"
2. "Hound"
3. Only shaggy option
4. Most setting appropriate
5. SO FLUFFY

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
My brain interpreted "wolfhound" as "vallhund" and now I am sad that it isn't going to happen. I want a ferocious little corgi/husky tearing zombies apart.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wolf hound is best hound. Proof:

1. "Wolf"
2. "Hound"
3. Only shaggy option
4. Most setting appropriate
5. SO FLUFFY

This is truth.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I love wolfhounds, but what I really need is the mental image of a mastiff slobbering all over some ectoplasm while the narrator tries to remind me of the seriousness of the situation by telling me my party is dazed...reeling...about to break.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ellbent posted:

I voted for the bull mastiff because with DD's proportions it will likely end up looking like a particular angry and swole pug.

I like the Shepard best as a doggie, but I voted for the Mastiff because of this.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Picked this up and loving it, haven't had a problem with any losses so far though. My A team is Vestal - Bounty hunter/Occultist - Highwayman - Crusader. Sometimes I put the highwayman in the first slot and the crusader in the third slot, because point blank pistol and the holy lance are OP as hell.

I love the Vestal far to much, i'm healing the entire party for 3 per turn? Fantastic. Dazzling light? Ridiculously useful. Enemies just focused on one person? Divine heal can put my crusader up by about 8 slots (+healing trinkets).

Any time I need to put them in the sanatorium for a couple of weeks I just draft whatever newbies arrive that day and i'm sending them into dungeons with the bare minimum of supplies. I'm not keeping them anyway, they can get in, get whatever loot they can and get fired. Game seems a little easy in that sense, I think it needs a loss condition somewhere.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I think someone had a good idea about having a town sanity level. The more people die or give up missions the more it rises, and that would presumably do something annoying but temporary such as remove upgrades from town buildings until you are left with a starter town until you have SOME success. You wouldn't have to buy the upgrades again, but you would have to earn them back. I didn't try low light or suicide runs until I was hitting walls beating the second round of bosses, but even then that strategy immediately gave me waaaaay too much reward for no risk.

Maybe have sanity hits for low light be much higher for low level dudes? If you risk your higher level dudes for more reward that seems fair, instead of low light suicide runs to get forty relics in any easy medium mission.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I think someone had a good idea about having a town sanity level. The more people die or give up missions the more it rises, and that would presumably do something annoying but temporary such as remove upgrades from town buildings until you are left with a starter town until you have SOME success. You wouldn't have to buy the upgrades again, but you would have to earn them back. I didn't try low light or suicide runs until I was hitting walls beating the second round of bosses, but even then that strategy immediately gave me waaaaay too much reward for no risk.

Maybe have sanity hits for low light be much higher for low level dudes? If you risk your higher level dudes for more reward that seems fair, instead of low light suicide runs to get forty relics in any easy medium mission.

gently caress this, it sucks enough when a bad luck streak takes out a good 3-4 of your better heroes you've spent a lot of money/equipped trinkets on. It's bad enough to then have to dump another 2-3 decent adventurers just to get a new stock of level 1's to grind out gold afterwards.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Will the dog have a sanity meter?

Will the dog get perks and flaws?

Can we get several dogs with Gambler and recreate that one picture?

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Will the dog have a sanity meter?

Will the dog get perks and flaws?

Can we get several dogs with Gambler and recreate that one picture?

But what if my dog contracts rabies? I don't wanna put him down. :smith:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
What if your dog contracts Syphilis :ohdear:?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Rayjenkins posted:

But what if my dog contracts rabies? I don't wanna put him down. :smith:

Don't worry, rabies is actually kind of OP.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Glazius posted:

Don't worry, rabies is actually kind of OP.

Hah nah I know, which I think is the funniest part of it all.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The higher the resolve, the classier the tombstone

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Something affecting your town then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that monster looks loving awesome, love the stock still stuck on his head. I'd be cool with something that affects your town as long as it doesn't get too annoying.

I'm hoping when the 2 new classes unlock tomorrow, everyone at least gets 1 of each waiting in the next caravan just because.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

that monster looks loving awesome, love the stock still stuck on his head.

He's holding his own eyeballs :kimchi:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Fiends & Frenzy eh? That doesn't sound good. :ohdear:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

MinibarMatchman posted:

that monster looks loving awesome, love the stock still stuck on his head. I'd be cool with something that affects your town as long as it doesn't get too annoying.

I'm hoping when the 2 new classes unlock tomorrow, everyone at least gets 1 of each waiting in the next caravan just because.

I hope so, too. Hearing people talking about how they couldn't get certain classes for like 20 weeks straight at the start of the game makes me nervous if I'll be able to get one without a huge time investment.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I don't know how I'm going to try out all of these new classes when my roster is already full with cool people I like and am friends with. :( drat. I guess I'll have to fire the lowest leveled people in classes I have multiple of in that case.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't say no to hacking the game and just giving me 5-10 more roster slots to fool around with. Anyone know how to do that?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'm just picking the 4 with the worst debilities/insanities and kicking them out, since I've got a full level 5 roster of 16 peeps anyway (4 are reserved for level 1-2's that just grind out gold and get fired after they hit level 3).

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Anyone know when the update goes live?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Artificer posted:

I don't know how I'm going to try out all of these new classes when my roster is already full with cool people I like and am friends with. :( drat. I guess I'll have to fire the lowest leveled people in classes I have multiple of in that case.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't say no to hacking the game and just giving me 5-10 more roster slots to fool around with. Anyone know how to do that?

Delete all your saves.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Time_pants posted:

Anyone know when the update goes live?

Steam usually pushes third party updates live around noon central.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my roster's full but I have two plague doctors so yeah I guess I know who I'm sending on nonstop missions in the hopes that they die.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/603744464541126656

Hype!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Are there patch notes out yet?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Artificer posted:

It's definitely possible but I can't remember how exactly right now. Maybe in town upgrades? Muck around with notepad++.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Iron Rose posted:

It's definitely possible but I can't remember how exactly right now. Maybe in town upgrades? Muck around with notepad++.

DarkestDungeon\campaign\town\stage_coach\stage_coach.building.json

Look for the following code block:

code:
"roster_size_upgrades" : 
				[
					{ "amount" : 9 },
					{ "amount" : 11,     "upgrade_tree_id" :  "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "a"  },
					{ "amount" : 13,     "upgrade_tree_id" :  "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "b"  },
					{ "amount" : 15,     "upgrade_tree_id" :  "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "c"  },
					{ "amount" : 17,     "upgrade_tree_id" :  "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "d"  },
					{ "amount" : 20,     "upgrade_tree_id" :  "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "e"  }
				]	
Change the amounts to whatever you want to increase your hero barracks size. Doubling it has meant I'm generally happy with the size of my barracks at all times.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Can this get you banned from steam though? That'd be my only main concern, otherwise I'd love to increase size to 30.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
...no. No, this will not get you banned from Steam.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Don't listen to him, much like cutting off the labels on your mattress, you will end up in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Valve once banned me for changing my resolution in an .ini file.

e: Also for some actual content, one last picture before the release -

brocretin fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 28, 2015