Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

SANTA BALLOONS FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

So it looks like people have to target the balloons if they were targeting you before it deployed. That or Pixies love to kill santa over huge groups of people.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The GP02 seems like it could actually be useable once in a while now, while the Cima basically just :gizz: all the rounds of an FA out and fires the SA mode as fast if not faster than the 02, suit got even crazier.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Thanks, beat me to it. Anyway that act zaku rifle there sure sounds like the unit 4... :getin:

its not. Alexes surviving full charge confirmed.

Shields seem to block it as well.

:evilbuddy:

IDK I made this up but its probably true

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 27, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

its not. Alexes surviving full charge confirmed.

Shields seem to block it as well.

:evilbuddy:

IDK I made this up but its probably true
How about a bet? If all of the above is true then loser has to 2 man platoon for 1 hour with Abathor. Just two people. For one hour. In the same mumble/teamspeak.
Why do we do this to ourselves

I dunno, same stats on this rifle as the unit 4. Suit stats are literally equal to the gundam unit 4 as well. I want at least two of these...

Also, god drat flight Gouf comes with a lot of boost even uncustomized. 1800, this thing can stay in the air for a LONG time. Max customized, running a lightweight loadout as well as battle boosts, I'm sure the effective boost cap of this suit easily breaks ~2200. Gold gets a charge gatling that dumps ALL 20 bullets... has terrible range compared to the other charged gatlings though. Full charge can be controlled full auto on the other gatlings. Traits are weak shooter, quick reload, and high mobility customize. Weak shooter is easily a huge winner here. Speed is pretty modest though, so HMT trait has a bit of appeal.

I think charged beams/beam cannons will end this suit quickly if you're not careful. It's tempting to jump up high with all that boost, plus the free module that increases jump height but if you get anti-aired you are almost certainly dead.

Other than Acguy being in the DX, this is a good DX volume for Zeon.

It begins :japan:

...when I have time to play later this week :negative:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 27, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the double heat hawks on the Action Zaku (Mallet type) cost 3 of those special modules to unlock the initial type, the others after that you just pay cash for normally.

Which ones are the best to use? DII?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Looks like the double heat hawks on the Action Zaku (Mallet type) cost 3 of those special modules to unlock the initial type, the others after that you just pay cash for normally.

Which ones are the best to use? DII?

The answer to that question will always be test all the types out in maneuvers until you find the one you like.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

How about a bet? If all of the above is true then loser has to 2 man platoon for 1 hour with Abathor. Just two people. For one hour. In the same mumble/teamspeak.
Why do we do this to ourselves

I dunno, same stats on this rifle as the unit 4. Suit stats are literally equal to the gundam unit 4 as well. I want at least two of these...

Also, god drat flight Gouf comes with a lot of boost even uncustomized. 1800, this thing can stay in the air for a LONG time. Max customized, running a lightweight loadout as well as battle boosts, I'm sure the effective boost cap of this suit easily breaks ~2200. Gold gets a charge gatling that dumps ALL 20 bullets... has terrible range compared to the other charged gatlings though. Full charge can be controlled full auto on the other gatlings. Traits are weak shooter, quick reload, and high mobility customize. Weak shooter is easily a huge winner here. Speed is pretty modest though, so HMT trait has a bit of appeal.

I think charged beams/beam cannons will end this suit quickly if you're not careful. It's tempting to jump up high with all that boost, plus the free module that increases jump height but if you get anti-aired you are almost certainly dead.

Other than Acguy being in the DX, this is a good DX volume for Zeon.

It begins :japan:

...when I have time to play later this week :negative:

Oh poo poo 2 act zaku snipers for you already.

Also gently caress you guys so much I still haven't gotten my golden gelgoog M out of the box with like 35 things left in it :negative:

Now I have to choose between Cima's deathray unit and the gouf flight. Both of which arep retty cool. But I think the deathray probably wins out. but ughhh weakpoint shooter on a gouf FINALLY. I regret so many past purchases in the Dom paizun / proto kampfer so much.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqs1JLDbp4

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Im crowning the gigan THE BEST grunt in the game.

top 4 numbers:
top left is times died
bottom left is kills
top right is base damage done
bottom right is assists

E:
Keep in mind these are all from silver gigans that arent rocket traited. They all have lovely traits and are silver ticketed.

I havent wasted as ingle gold ticket cause I havent gotten any good versions of it :(

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 28, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

we are trying to get luthience to get one of those, well two

they are just better than zaku tanks and easy to get but don't come with the F2 which who cares about

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Third World Reggin posted:

we are trying to get luthience to get one of those, well two

they are just better than zaku tanks and easy to get but don't come with the F2 which who cares about

I dont even run artillery on them.

I just put a bazooka and a machine gun and circle around dumb mother fuckers.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I find that the Charge Beam N on the Gelgoog Cannon works pretty good for knockdowns while letting me treating it as a slightly slower to spam Beam Rifle F in a pinch with its 5 round clip. If I need a dedicated knockdown thats what the cannon is for.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Got over 100K for completing some things

spent it all on the aggu

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

I find that the Charge Beam N on the Gelgoog Cannon works pretty good for knockdowns while letting me treating it as a slightly slower to spam Beam Rifle F in a pinch with its 5 round clip. If I need a dedicated knockdown thats what the cannon is for.

It works and it's great for when you don't have time to line up a cannon shot.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

top 4 numbers:
top left is times died
bottom left is kills
top right is base damage done
bottom right is assists

Nope, top left is sorties, top right is points made (probably with rank bonuses) deaths are not tracked.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Unusual posted:

Nope, top left is sorties, top right is points made (probably with rank bonuses) deaths are not tracked.

They lied to me.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Unusual posted:

Not quite.

Al Borland posted:

They lied to me.

:laugh:

I'll translate the whole drat thing and add it to the OP so people know how to track the stats of their suits:

code:
Total Sorties		Total base HP damage dealt
Kills				Assists

Most red points(Destruction) earned in a single life	Total red points earned for this unit
Most green points(Support) earned in a single life	Total green points earned for this unit
Most yellow points(Objectives) earned in a single life	Total yellow points earned for this unit
							Total Score earned for this unit
E: Stole that gigan image for the OP to act as an example. Also for people that don't know how to access your personal mobile suit statistics, open your profile, last tab, click desired suit. You can peek at other people's stats this way too.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 29, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Not quite.
:laugh:
I'll translate the whole drat thing and add it to the OP so people know how to track

E: Stole that gigan image for the OP to act as an example. Also for people that don't know how to access your personal mobile suit statistics, open your profile, last tab, click desired suit. You can peek at other people's stats this way too.

I got like a 10 kill streak on my gigan today by running into a group of guys it was hilarious. They were so disorganized and afraid. God bless silvers.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New GP Gashacon volume next week.

EF: Blue Destiny Unit 3, G-Line Assault Armour

Zeon: Proto-Kampfer, Blue Destiny Unit 2.

Well, guess I'm spending millions of GP to get my BD2's to combat custom 5/beam shooter 5.

E: New event next week for playing, you get more daily rewards in addition to the play ticket:

Applies to playing Massive VS only.

All times given are Japan time of course
 6/3 Wednesday End of maintenance~23:59   30,000 GP
 6/4 Thursday 0:00~23:59   1 Master device ticket (To unlock rare weapons or increase weapon upgrade capacity beyond 10), 5 Garage expansion tickets
 6/5 Friday 0:00~23:59   1 DX ticket
 6/6 Saturday 0:00~23:59   10 Garage expansion tickets
 6/7 Sunday 0:00~23:59   60,000 GP
 6/8 Monday 0:00~23:59   1 DX ticket
 6/9 Tuesday 0:00~23:59   1 Master mechanic ticket
 6/10 Wednesday 0:00~Start of maintenance  30,000 GP

In addition, if you clear a certain number of daily rewards you will be rewarded further:
2 Daily rewards completed: 1 Master mechanic ticket
4 Daily rewards completed: 1 Master device ticket
6 Daily rewards completed: 1 DX ticket, 10 Garage expansion tickets

Note that you need 10 garage expansion tickets to increase the number of MS you can own, use the Increase Hanger Space button highlighted here:

E2: Also, GP event same week

Get items from the end of battles that you can sell for massive GP. Or hoard those pretty statues of Ghiren like a true Zeon patriot.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 30, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The space gold...
MINE ALL MINE.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey, guys. I apologize for my extended absence. Stuff has been happening. I hope everything is going well for the guild and its associates.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

So I discovered a love for the guncannon captured suit and am gonna start getting higher end arty suits and working with that. I got a A-Type rating in a gold match just blowing poo poo up with teh cannon and the odd direct fire bazooka shot.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

So I discovered a love for the guncannon captured suit and am gonna start getting higher end arty suits and working with that. I got a A-Type rating in a gold match just blowing poo poo up with teh cannon and the odd direct fire bazooka shot.

save up 30 exchange tickets and use it to buy the Greydon Cannon Zaku if you want a good shelling unit, you get missiles that do 2 shots for 350 base, the standard 850 dmg f bazooka, and decent howitzer/shelling options.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

new map? new map

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

I got like a 10 kill streak on my gigan today by running into a group of guys it was hilarious. They were so disorganized and afraid. God bless silvers.
I'd say Gigan is viable in gold matches too. It's basically an assault tank with a bombardment option thinking about it.

CassiusW posted:

Hey, guys. I apologize for my extended absence. Stuff has been happening. I hope everything is going well for the guild and its associates.

Been busy myself lately, game has been a roller coaster as usual. The new suits(Cima Gelgoog, Flight Gouf, Blue Destiny 2 in particular) really help out Zeon's bad matchups (We can win fights in the mid-long range again, instead of committing hard to close quarters fighting all the time. For a long time, our best options were sturms, bazookas, shotguns, and melee) and the recent update added a bunch of fun weapons. Despite its faults, I think the game is still a lot of fun and has been getting better.

Third World Reggin posted:

new map? new map

Yeah, they're making aquatic suits more important. Basically blew up the dams on that map and raised the water level in most places.

Also, Act Zaku sniper is pretty good.

34 kills.

Quirks about the charged sniper:
-It's possible to fire without taking any damage
-Takes about 2 seconds to reach full charge, deals about 2800+ damage, pierces through mobile suits, my record is 4 literal gundams in one shot.
-You have about 1 second leeway to hold the charge before you start to take overcharge damage, about ~200 damage per second after that
-Tap Q or swap weapons to cancel charge to avoid overcharge damage
- Pierces the Alex shield if blocked, instantly destroys the shield and knocks down the alex if full hp to about 10% hp left, you have ample time to swap to your other beam machine gun to finish him. If you fired at the head behind the shield, the Alex dies instantly.
-Ammo module recommended, very low number of bullets. Upgrade homing a bit on this suit, sometimes field resupply is not readily available, you'll have to use the base.
-Projectile has larger hitbox than beam cannon(I'd say the hitbox is about the size of a rocket), speed is slightly slower than an actual beam cannon. Within about 600m, I'd say it can't be dodged on reaction by your target if you make the right read
-Having used it, I'm convinced this is THE best gun in the game.

Also, Map reworks announced
Arctic Base

South East Asia, Vietnam

As well as

Odessa mines
08th MS mining town
Belfast
Doan Island
0080 Side 6 Ribot Colony

Another large update is planned UC0080/83 style, guessing we're seeing advance of zeta suits. Not looking forward to ugly zeon stutzer mobile suit variations honestly.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 2, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Free Triangle posted:

Not looking forward to ugly zeon stutzer mobile suit variations honestly.

What sort of inhumane monster isn't looking forward to chest mounted Zaku rocket fists????

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
35 tickets left in the gelgoog M box...
:negative:

The worst part is knowing there are so many good suits out now, and the rate tehy're coming makes me think that we're destined for some big bad nasty suits any DX now.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yay, finally out of cat jail!

Get a Gouf Flight Type, Al, you won't regret it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dunno why I logged in and recieved 8 gold mechanic tickets, but I'm not complaining. :toot: Got the speed and boost gauge maxed on my Pezun Dowadge (and the HP halfway), and it's only rank 17/30.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

Dunno why I logged in and recieved 8 gold mechanic tickets, but I'm not complaining. :toot: Got the speed and boost gauge maxed on my Pezun Dowadge (and the HP halfway), and it's only rank 17/30.

Weekly clan challenges can pay master tickets and DX tickets to all clan members once completed. The clan got 90 S ranks placing top 10 in a match(4 master tickets) and 90 S ranks for score (Another 4 master tickets).

I try to keep the clan board updated with the current week's challenges, especially if they pay well.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The new arctic layout introduces what Toxic and I have come to call the Thunderdome, it went from one of the worst maps to like top 3 land maps :getin:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Unusual posted:

The new arctic layout introduces what Toxic and I have come to call the Thunderdome, it went from one of the worst maps to like top 3 land maps :getin:

it also goes super fast. A++

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's really funny using the grenade throw module on Texas, because none of the pubbies can figure out why they keep exploding, and keep sitting in the same places for you to bounce grenades around corners to hit.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Next week EX event, good time to replenish your DX/Master ticket stocks.

EF:
GM Late type Assault equipment (Gold)... Guessing Zaku II FS style mirror, same cost same terrain type
Zaku II F2 Torrington Assault (Gold)
Guncannon (Silver)

Zeon:
Zaku Half Cannon Heavy type (Gold)... I think they're giving us a Wolf GM mirror? They're both 300 cost ground only heavies
Zaku II F2 Kinbareid Assault (Gold)
Gyan (Silver :laugh:)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

a new kill screen is coming in as well

also this might be a bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I love this japanese guild

[09:03.47] 矢坂ガルカ:勝ててもポイントがひどいとか
[09:04.00] 矢坂ガルカ:割と両極端な戦績ですな
[09:04.20] 矢坂ガルカ:負けるよりいいけどそれは…てのがよくある
[09:04.27] Grithok:日本語わかる
[09:04.28] Grithok:冗談 です
[09:04.48] Grithok:私はアメリカ です
[09:05.22] 矢坂ガルカ:アメリカでもガンダムはうけるのか
[09:06.53] ぱじゃま:no you are zaku
[09:07.02] Grithok:I am zaku!
[09:07.11] ぱじゃま:yeah!!!
[09:07.15] ハーブティー:HAHAHA