Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Can we have boobs for June?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Sure

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Evil SpongeBob posted:

you got it champ

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Differential equations condensed into five week summer course. The last calculus class I took was in 2009. :psypop:

Please tell me you at least reviewed beforehand. I took Calc III after a similar gap and spent an hour a day for a month plowing through my old Calc I/II textbook.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Anita Dickinme posted:

That was probably Nashville, unless you were at Millington. Memphis is crap and the only reason I still live here is I'm literally addicted to the best BBQ in the world.

I think it was Nashville, but I was at the airport to watch a scope in case anyone decided to United 93 their Cessna into a presidential speech.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Please tell me you at least reviewed beforehand. I took Calc III after a similar gap and spent an hour a day for a month plowing through my old Calc I/II textbook.
That's basically what I'm doing full-time now. Fortunately, the only other class I'm taking right now is a bullshit check the box class. It would be really nice if they'd schedule Calc III before Diff Eq instead of immediately after it. At least that will be a cake walk comparatively easy by the time I'm done with this. :unsmith:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

joat mon posted:

Anywhere near Livermore?

I was pretty close to Livermore when I saw it, ya.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ded posted:

I was pretty close to Livermore when I saw it, ya.
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/events/category/wings-of-freedom-tour/
Flights on B17, 24, 25 and P51s.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

That's basically what I'm doing full-time now. Fortunately, the only other class I'm taking right now is a bullshit check the box class. It would be really nice if they'd schedule Calc III before Diff Eq instead of immediately after it. At least that will be a cake walk comparatively easy by the time I'm done with this. :unsmith:

Actually, Calc III is a cakewalk regardless. It's basically Calc I with more variables. It's nowhere near as miserable as Calc II.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Actually, nobody gives a poo poo about whatever gay math class you're currently taking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Actually, nobody gives a poo poo about whatever gay math class you're currently taking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:nallears:

Don't do this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He's not wrong...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

let's all just be pals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwC7Qzljso

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Well poo poo. That was people getting rides on it!

I jelly as hell now.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

you got it champ

"Ugh." - Cole, 2015. Co-signed by Grover, 2012

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKV2Z3eYTY

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This is amazing.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Went into Cinema Discusso to see what they thought about Mad Max.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The film's take on redemption is pretty nuanced, because the dialogue about it cuts to Nux pensively examining the beetle, and then eating it. That's a reference back to the opening shot, where Max eats the two-headed lizard that represents his dead wife and child. Nux is thinking of the things he's done, and the possibility of being forgiven. It's a communion scene.

In a twist of perspective, the ghosts that haunt Max are revealed to be protecting him. It's a twist on the Jacob's Ladder story, where "if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth." The twist is, of course, that Max is not 'freed from the Earth' in some Buddhist sense of 'letting go of your attachments', but freed to return to the Earth and become passionately attached to these fragile people around him. The little girl's voice is 'actually' coming from one of the old women.

Never go into Cinema Discusso. :negative:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's SMG being SMG. The CD regulars barely tolerate him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/26/arts/television/jon-stewart-iraq-war-critic-runs-a-program-that-helps-veterans-enter-tv.html

Jon Stewart is pretty cool

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:nws: :nws: :nws:

http://gfycat.com/MasculineShabbyArmednylonshrimp

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's SMG being SMG. The CD regulars barely tolerate him.

nah whip's right

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Never go into Cinema Discusso. :negative:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

Orange Mound, but I've since upgraded to midtown. :smug:

Oh you fancy huh?

How'd you wind up here?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
You can spoiler [img] tags :rolleye:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 27, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You kindof failed there buddy.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
:awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hDPmTvqob0

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New awful betamax update's not too bad, way more android-y, shortcuts for common tags too (that might've been available before but I just didn't notice)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Buying a new family truckster for the wife so she can get groceries and drop kids off at soccer practice and such. We're looking at the 4runner, Explorer and MDX but also maybe other things. Thoughts, suggestions, experience?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Buying a new family truckster for the wife so she can get groceries and drop kids off at soccer practice and such. We're looking at the 4runner, Explorer and MDX but also maybe other things. Thoughts, suggestions, experience?
:haw:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I had a Mercury mountaineer that was totaled from a frontish collision. Neither side nor front airbags launched from the initial impact of the second one where I got t-boned.

Granted this wasn't a brand new model, but I'm not going to buy an explorer or mountaineer again.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
I bought a 4Runner back in October and it's pretty tits. Gas mileage is ok, drives comfortable. My first new truck in 11 years so YMMV but having a backup camera is nice, the rear window both defrosting and rolling down is nice, and the bluetooth stereo setup connect is much nicer for talking on the phone. One downside is that I wish I'd bought running boards to help step up for my son - he managed to destroy the seat back mesh holders using that to pull himself up and in. Something to keep in mind if you have kids. I wound up making a 550 lanyard for him to help pull himself in (he's 4)

Otherwise it gets me from point a to b and has reasonable amounts of cargo capacity.

Previous truck was a Chevy Tahoe and this is a much nicer vehicle IMHO

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Look at these chumps and their bad advice.

Get a divorce.

Disown the kids.

By a Corvette.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

Look at these chumps and their bad advice.

Get a divorce.

Disown the kids.

By a Corvette.

I have a corvette that was a gift from my father in law. It's a total poo poo box that never runs and the last time my wife even bothered to ride in it we were shot at. No more corvettes for me thank you very much.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

There's your problem.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Oh you fancy huh?

How'd you wind up here?

The fanciest, and I was born here.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why aren't wagons cool anymore

Give me my white '87 Volvo 850 DL or whatever

NAH I NEED A BIG ONE ITS SAFE AND I LIKE BEING HIGHER

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wagons are still cool. I have a wagon. It's rad as poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Wagons are baller. I've been pushing for the Audi A3 hatch or the Allroad but in the end she's the one driving the car and she wants to be "up high"

In her defense she has legitimate concerns about street flooding since the access to her office frequently gets high water when there's heavy rain. She's been gotten a new grand Cherokee like every 5 years since I've known her, time for something different.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

find a bmw 540i station wagon
then drive it yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Take a look at Subaru's Outback and XV. You still get a wagon/hatch body style but with some extra ground clearance.

• Locked thread