Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Saoshyant posted:

But... Wales, man. Wales.

Wales is OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Leroy Dennui posted:

Wales is OK.

The BoyHorse can attest to that.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Dan is just such an unrelentingly good stepfather.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A bit of a maudlin sendoff, I thought.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Space in the Place is pretty great so far. I like the other space camp kids.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Anyone else reading the Giant Days comics? It's great!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fangz posted:

Anyone else reading the Giant Days comics? It's great!

Sure am! I'm wondering if they'll finally resolve the Ed Gemmell situation once and for all.

Hopefully not in the same way as they did the Boy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hopefully not in the same way as they did the Boy.

I wouldn't imagine another character dying and turning into a horse, mount to the Queen of Hell. But I have been wrong before.

Also, yes, everyone buy the Giant Days comics. The art is just something beautiful. It's so full of energy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is it me or have Lottie and Shauna morphed into incredibly unlikeable individuals sine they arrived at SpaceUK?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wales brings out the worst in people I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

howe_sam posted:

I think it's more that incredibly nerdy young boys without an iota of self awareness bring out the worst in them.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

howe_sam posted:

No, it is this.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is it me or have Lottie and Shauna morphed into incredibly unlikeable individuals sine they arrived at SpaceUK?

They seem the same as they ever was to me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah. The Bad Machinery POV just didn't stick with them as long as it's doing now. It kept switching between the boys and Mildred and, occasionally, Erin and Ryan/Amy. Also, teens, alone in a field trip: the truest recipe to become PROBLEMATIC TEENS.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I feel like this is a First Dose of Freedom type of story. Remember how Mimi was when she first arrived on that exchange trip? We're getting the other side of that.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Plus, we're seeing a different reaction to their normal behaviour. (Okay, Lottie's behaviour. Be honest, this is all Lottie, if Shauna's guilty of anything it's of not trying to rein Lottie in.) Mildew and the boys are used to Lottie and her over-the-top personality. To them, it's just Lottie Being Lottie. To these new boys, who don't know her or like her, it's This Girl Is Being A Huge Jerk, and they're responding as such.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
John Allison is a native of Britannia. The new royal baby is named Charlotte. Coincidence?!

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

7c Nickel posted:

John Allison is a native of Britannia. The new royal baby is named Charlotte. Coincidence?!

We'll know for sure if the next royal baby ends up being named "Des Fishman."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

7c Nickel posted:

All hail Queen Lottie I!

And she's also in a panel with a pregnant woman! HE KNEW! :tinfoil:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
kinda hard to sympathize with the protagonists here when they started it with the tossing the selfie stick in the sea

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fried Chicken posted:

kinda hard to sympathize with the protagonists here when they started it with the tossing the selfie stick in the sea

Tossing the selfie-stick into the sea was the only sensible option, a less restrained individual would have stuck that up the kid's rear end and out of his throat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

On the other hand, there is no context in which a panty raid is not a super creepy thing that reflects poorly on their ability to perceive fee-may-uhls as non-space aliens.

I mean poo poo, do you recall the questions they were asked at first meeting?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe they *are* space aliens, though. The boys, I mean.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wouldn't be the first time

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yea but only because she had a really funny reply

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

On the other hand, there is no context in which a panty raid is not a super creepy thing that reflects poorly on their ability to perceive fee-may-uhls as non-space aliens.

Given my understanding of what Wales is like, I assumed that is what passed for normal manners there

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
:colbert: tossing that selfie stick into the sea was a RESERVED reaction.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Lottie should have tossed him into the sea along with the selfie stick.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, poor Ben. :allears: He just can't be taken serious in his quest to solve mankind's woes when there's the much important issue of smartphone UI to solve.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Shauna no! That'll only make his douche-bag powers stronger!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Shauna should not have done that. The can was far too small to hurt, she needs to upgrade to at least a good sized rock.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Maybe teens are the real extra-terrestrials.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jordan may be one of the worst people in the entire Bobbinsverse.

I'm including Tim Jones and Satan on that list.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Jordan may be one of the worst people in the entire Bobbinsverse.

I'm including Tim Jones and Satan on that list.

Literally the first thing he did in the comic was try to take pictures of the girls.

A little creepier in retrospect.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
His friend broke the ice by asking the girls about their menstrual cycles and Jordan is still creepier.

I'm glad Lottie threw his selfie sick in the ocean. I retract my earlier statement that she was being a jerk, she's entirely justified now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tenebrais posted:

Literally the first thing he did in the comic was try to take pictures of the girls.

A little creepier in retrospect.
Also apparently led the panty raid and then tried on the girls' underwear.

Leospeare posted:

His friend broke the ice by asking the girls about their menstrual cycles and Jordan is still creepier.

I'm glad Lottie threw his selfie sick in the ocean. I retract my earlier statement that she was being a jerk, she's entirely justified now.
:agreed:

Also was that girl Tuan was caught with the nerdy girl that betrayed Shauna in the Case of the Lonely One? It looked like her?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Tuan was the kid from the case of The Lonely One.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, back in The Case of the Lonely One, after Tuan and Blossom get locked in with the onion boy's "corpse", all we learn afterward is that they're found with a bunch of onion peelings (because the onion kid reanimated and fled) and Tuan's mom takes him out of school.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, apparently Allison is doing Robert Cop after Space is the Place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Jordan already trying to get them drunk

• Locked thread