Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

altogether that was an awesome fight. really fun and thematic.

i love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

thanks to the cenaian concepts of hustle loyalty and respect and inri's strategy of getting her to slam her stupid loving melon on the ground...

never give up gamers

GJ

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just killed logarius on my fifth attempt. he was an amazing fight... sort of like the same rush i got from taking down artorius for the first time. realizing that you can hit the sword to dispel it was a key, because otherwise i was just letting it sit there and own me.

i looked at the strategy wiki afterwards out of curiosity, and was once again baffled by the strategy. i just kept dodging left, keeping close, and attacking as soon as he whiffed while drawing him into combos for healing time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm pretty close on ebrietas, i've gotten her down to about 2/5ths of her lifebar before, and then got greedy when i thought i glitched her (i was in the middle of her body and she wasn't doing anything for a few seconds) so i kept attacking her until she did an AOE attack that killed me from nearly full health. so i guess i've got to be more patient

i'm having the same problem with the undead giant in lower pthumeru. i had a pretty good strategy worked out where i stayed midrange and baited him into club attacks where i could do heavy R2s on him. i got him down to 2/3rds, but it took forever, so i got bored and did close range combat where he killed me in one shot with that chain and ball swing attack.

anyway, i figure i'm close to the end of the game, since the next obvious boss arena has a crying baby carriage in the middle, and that seems like what the game has been building towards, so i'm going to try and finish off the rest of the bosses before i do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the last third of Bloodborne is so freaking cool...just as cool as the first 2/3rds

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
new av is pretty cool

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Mergo's Loft is so cool to explore... I especially like all the little spiders and pests littered around with frenzy death spears in them.

Trying to fight mother brain's spawns was more terrifying than any of the actual bosses though... was kinda disappointed. I can't imagine anyone being satisfied with Mergo's Wet Nurse as a final boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Mergo's Loft is so cool to explore... I especially like all the little spiders and pests littered around with frenzy death spears in them.

Trying to fight mother brain's spawns was more terrifying than any of the actual bosses though... was kinda disappointed. I can't imagine anyone being satisfied with Mergo's Wet Nurse as a final boss.

Good thing Mergo's Wet Nurse isn't the final boss.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It can be... I mean I went on to moons presence

But mergo's is one of the endings

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

considering it's the worst ending I'm not surprised that it feels like a somewhat anticlimactic finish. It definitely encourages you to say "that can't be it"

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Just killed that hunter in the grand cathedral who has a katana. gently caress me that was hard. Think it took 15 tries.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea he's a bastard, easily one of the hardest to beat in the game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got owned by him a few times until i remembered i had like 70 poison knives i had never once used. it was still a tough battle w/ some close calls, but keeping him poisoned and baiting his katana attack let me scrape out a victory.

anyway, undead giant is down. i did the careful part for the first part of the battle and then switched to the cannon. i was able to make my first shot a visceral as well and combined that took off nearly half of his life. i got blood bullets for one more shot, and then went wreckless for the remaining fraction of his health. i think that chain swirl attack is only completely deadly if you're in his feet, so i always just dodged back whenever he started the animation for it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Saki posted:

Just killed that hunter in the grand cathedral who has a katana. gently caress me that was hard. Think it took 15 tries.

my method is to use jumping attacks + sidestep attacks after he misses with the sword. I also used the beast claws which let me unload a lot of hits on him at a time cos of the speed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a tense grueling battle with that guy and then for the last 10% ish of his health he just circled me with the blood katana in HP drain mode and he eventually just killed himself

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
well, ebrietas just bit the dust. i still never got the knack of triggering her head slam, and just healed through stuff. with bolt paper and two head cannon shots she went down pretty easy.

ummmm, so i guess i can do more chalice dungeon poo poo, or i could just trigger the endgame. i never found the wheel item, and i'm still missing a third umbilical... i have the chalice ebrietas dropped... is that worth completing?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
He stopped bleeding himself after he healed when I won, which is a shame as he's very easy to parry in that form. I used the whip and kited him. That gun of his almost made me rage around the 10th or so death. Felt so good to win though. This game owns.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I had a tense grueling battle with that guy and then for the last 10% ish of his health he just circled me with the blood katana in HP drain mode and he eventually just killed himself

He never even appeared for me, but Eileen still gave me her stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

well, ebrietas just bit the dust. i still never got the knack of triggering her head slam, and just healed through stuff. with bolt paper and two head cannon shots she went down pretty easy.

ummmm, so i guess i can do more chalice dungeon poo poo, or i could just trigger the endgame. i never found the wheel item, and i'm still missing a third umbilical... i have the chalice ebrietas dropped... is that worth completing?

at this point the wheel item might not be possible to get outside of a chalice seed I think. Also chalice dungeons are separate from your game progression so when you go to NG+ they will be exactly where you left them, so feel free to head to the end if you want. I would highly suggest finding that third umbilical cord though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lots of the chalice bossfights are fun. abhorrent beast, loran darkbeast, forgotten madman etc.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
First time against Chikage I used spacing and Ludwig's 1h thrusts with ocassional parries. That's pretty much a guaranteed kill on anything humanoid that is troll size or smaller, provided you can dodge their projectiles.

Several npc hunters will just walk perfectly straight into a R2 poke over and over before trying something else. It also has killer tracking if you get into a roll-off circling each other. Also if you unlock camera you can pivot on a dime mid-charge attack.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
has ne1 done a lvl 4 play through yet? does the low defence make the chalice dungeons nearly impossible?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

has ne1 done a lvl 4 play through yet? does the low defence make the chalice dungeons nearly impossible?

everything 1 hits you pretty much

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I tried to but I really struggled with chime maidens once it hit a tipping point where I didn't have enough dmg/stamina to realistically cope with the build up of summons.

Other things that suck: afaik v. Attacks scale off of skill and are completely independent of weapon damage. You will parry riposte for like 180 all game. BSB phase 3 is murder. I died like 50 times and he never had to hit me once. You need like 20 fire paper chip hits on him just for the last 30% and it's miserable.

Anything that can cast Call Beyond or something like it is a nightmare. Even just the little celestial messager shamans need 3 or 4 rolls per cast unless you can abuse terrain and you don't have the stamina especially if you are trying to hit them.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

haha i love his tiny little health bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRJD6dHdjIs

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

is $40 for this game worh it?

amazon has it on sale

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I paid 500 dollars for this game and it was prob worth it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paranoid Peanut posted:

amazon has it on sale

if you like the souls games at all it is, and if you don't then it's not a bad introduction to the format

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same

Dec 26, 2012

Paranoid Peanut posted:

amazon has it on sale

if you already have a ps4 then yes definitely

Dec 26, 2012

same

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

ok, i loved the souls games (havent played Demons) and own a ps4 already.

ordering

thanks imps.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol im gonna do it and by the time im done mgs 5 will be out :-D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I tried to but I really struggled with chime maidens once it hit a tipping point where I didn't have enough dmg/stamina to realistically cope with the build up of summons.

Other things that suck: afaik v. Attacks scale off of skill and are completely independent of weapon damage. You will parry riposte for like 180 all game. BSB phase 3 is murder. I died like 50 times and he never had to hit me once. You need like 20 fire paper chip hits on him just for the last 30% and it's miserable.

Anything that can cast Call Beyond or something like it is a nightmare. Even just the little celestial messager shamans need 3 or 4 rolls per cast unless you can abuse terrain and you don't have the stamina especially if you are trying to hit them.

chime maidens r probably gonna be the hardest thing in the dungeons. maybe pthumerian descendant too... and loran darkbeast.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Just found out Logarius is immune to Evelyn shots or something - they arc around him like he has a forcefield

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

backstab him when he starts powering up and he doesnt put up the shield that deflects bullets

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I guess every time I killed/attempted him before this i never let him do that? 😅

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I guess every time I killed/attempted him before this i never let him do that? 😅

wha t the ffuc... emojis???

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
👾👾👾 💥😲

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

my body is ready