Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thom and the Heads posted:

Allow me to introduce you to the Newbridge Navigator http://newbridgenavigator.pythonanywhere.com/

Is there a way to download it so I can listen to the show in the car?

edit also when was the Four Loko Christmas?

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Thom and the Heads posted:

Allow me to introduce you to the Newbridge Navigator http://newbridgenavigator.pythonanywhere.com/

I wish the wfmu archives worked on my phone.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

I wish the wfmu archives worked on my phone.

Yeah, I deliver food, and this show is making my drive wonderful. I've found a few incomplete archives but it'd always be nice to have more.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Literally The Worst posted:

Is there a way to download it so I can listen to the show in the car?

edit also when was the Four Loko Christmas?

There have been a few, but 12/14/2010 is The One.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainPsyko posted:

There have been a few, but 12/14/2010 is The One.

Yeahhhhhh

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I'm on my phone right now, but I've posted the link to the mega.co.nz MP3 archives at least once in this thread so just search my posts.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Thanks I new someone posted an archive of the show in full at some point. I had the link but that was on my old computer. Anyways here it is again.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!IhMUHSbT!bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

I want to start listening to old episodes again, but over the years I've sort of just dipped into shows randomly instead of chronologically so that could get annoying.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 26, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

Thanks I new someone posted an archive of the show in full at some point. I had the link but that was on my old computer. Anyways here it is again.

I want to start listening to old episodes again, but over the years I've sort of just dipped into shows before I started listening randomly instead of chronologically so that could get annoying.

Literally hard anticipating downloading this

phonographer
Nov 14, 2012

Seltzer posted:

I want to start listening to old episodes again, but over the years I've sort of just dipped into shows randomly instead of chronologically so that could get annoying.

This is the best archive. It has every episode in MP3 format. I've been listening to this thing for the last few months. It's ridiculous how funny this show has been since 2001.

phonographer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 27, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

How listenable is the 2000-2001 stuff? I started listening in about 07 and the furthest I've really went back for full episodes is about 04-05 (I've listened to basically every Wurster call so I've gone further back for those).

phonographer
Nov 14, 2012

Seltzer posted:

How listenable is the 2000-2001 stuff? I started listening in about 07 and the furthest I've really went back for full episodes is about 04-05 (I've listened to basically every Wurster call so I've gone further back for those).

There are a few rough patches, because the show is just starting, but if you like the Wurster calls, you should try the stuff Jon Benjamin did on the show. That guy was great.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of Wurster, the Gathering episode is wonderful but I think everyone skips over the Darren From Work call talking about how he lost all his money investing in a cassette tape label and taking on boarders and a 7'2" tall man whipping him while he's on the phone, culminating in "Carl's not real. I made him up." "Why?" "I like being on the radio."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Seltzer posted:

It's different and there are a lot more kids calling in and he fucks around with the format sometimes. Also a lot of folks calling in to ask whether those Wurster characters are for real. I wouldn't call any of them unlistenable though, just different from what the show became later. The Benjamin / Matt Walsh stuff is definitely worth checking out at least.

Also yes, that Megaupload archive is amazing and I've got the whole thing stored on a drive for whenever WFMU stops hosting the streams. It also has a few shows that aren't on the WFMU archive, like the one from 2000 that they removed at the request of the Blood, Sweat & Tears singer.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 27, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I might just jump in at 2001-2002 then to play it safe. It's not like I can't always go back. I doubt I'll move through the years I didn't listen to that quickly.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Christmas episode of the podcast is positively sublime, between Twas the Night Before Christmas Future Philly Sthle and Gary's version of Feliz Navidad that he sings to Mike.

"Merry Christmas to all, and Jersey still sucks"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

i need a philly boy roy playlist

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
http://newbridgenavigator.pythonanywhere.com/character/id/3/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My new favorite thing that's happened in the podcast (that I've heard so far (not counting listening to the best of episode and getting to hear Gary and the Heartthrobs' "Hey AP Mike (Bopped by a Squirrel)")) is reading the description for the episode from right around New Years and seeing that Tom's brother called in, only to have it be Wurster, doing my favorite Wurster call yet

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
I don't know if he'll return, what with Tom's actual father passing... but if you liked Dom Scharpling, you'll love "Daddy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4bK2PEgY0U

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

C

ool

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The list of tribute acts in the most recent episode might be my favourite random, incredibly long Wurster list ever. Bodybuilding Bob Dylan playing only songs from Desire while a buff Scarlet Rivera plays a 300 pound violin.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I still think the "sucks list" is untoppable.
http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=36460&archive=61920&starttime=01:51:15

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 10, 2015

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Scharpling, Wurster, and Philly Boy Roy all make appearances on today's WTF.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Always wanted to have a reason to say this:

what the gently caress does wtf mean

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Tom and Jon are going to be on Seth Meyers this Thursday, along with Anna Kendrick and Thomas Middleditch - that's pretty crazy.

Re: that WTF episode, I always find it funny that most of Wurster's characters have essentially the same voice, but his normal speaking voice is actually quite different to that one character voice (I feel like it's somehow higher pitched?).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Allen Wren posted:

Always wanted to have a reason to say this:

what the gently caress does wtf mean

WTF With Marc Maron. He interviews comedians. The thing that sets him apart from all the other ones is he's pretty good.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I used to think that the weirdos wouldn't call in now that the show was on the Internet...

Avalanche Bob proved me wrong.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Weembles posted:

I used to think that the weirdos wouldn't call in now that the show was on the Internet...

Yeah, wow, that was really something

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why did nobody tell me Gary the Squirrel has his own show, and is the theme song Hey AP Mike (Bopped By A Squirrel)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Literally The Worst posted:

Why did nobody tell me Gary the Squirrel has his own show, and is the theme song Hey AP Mike (Bopped By A Squirrel)

It literally showed up in the Podcast feed last friday. It was a great interview with Andy Kindler.

It doesn't have a theme song yet, but it ought to, and that's as good a choice as any. (Though the old Comedians R Nuts theme could do with a comeback as well.)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Weembles posted:

That was amazing, like a real-life Zachary Brimstead.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Spike was just discussed on national television.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Spike was just discussed on national television.

At length! And Tom had the line of the night with the ankle bracelet comment.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainPsyko posted:

It literally showed up in the Podcast feed last friday. It was a great interview with Andy Kindler.

It doesn't have a theme song yet, but it ought to, and that's as good a choice as any. (Though the old Comedians R Nuts theme could do with a comeback as well.)

Lol at you if you actually subscribe to a feed and dn't just check the page every week to download the new episode because you're too autismal about how your poo poo gets organized

:smith:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

mods please change my name to Avalanche Bob 33 tia.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWjFYSo5Yo

Also I love how he claims to have written 500 snowboard songs, 300 christmas songs and 1000 others but the music section on his website just has a bunch of titles, a disclaimer that "The Oil Song" is just a joke and not to be taken seriously, and this:

quote:

You will without a doubt laugh, cry, and dance to his songs.

On the positive side, you can book him for two shows for only 70 bucks!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 21, 2015

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The AV Club can shut down the Undercover Series. It has achieved perfection.

http://www.avclub.com/video/philly-boy-roy-covers-styx-219815

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The "Cute" vandal is a new Best Show classic moment. Wow.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That episode was top to bottom great. No bad reception FPs calling in, Tom being cranky with almost every caller, that weird caller who is into like Spandau Ballet and whatever, etc.

(not that I don't love Chris Gethard etc. but I hate bad reception)

it has been like a month since anybody got Bad Company'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

The online Alphaville community seems certifiable. A guy in the FOT chat tweeted at them re: that caller who was blocked from their twitter and I think she and the account holder are insane.

https://twitter.com/BadGuyZero/status/603399613907771392