Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hrm. hitler had the right idea, he just targeted the wrong cultures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"If the universe is only 6000 years old then explain how we can see light from stars billions of light years away."

"god created the light in between, too"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol
As a Christian, I kind of feel the same way about Jesus as I do about Elvis: love the guy, but some of his fan clubs creep me out!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Blazing Ownager posted:

Christ must be an awful umbrella because otherwise why are the others even needed?

Leaky Christ?

Christ has the shits ie invisible hand ie trickle down econony

Hth

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I like yelling "BURN THE PAGAN" at Jesus lovers who buy Christmas trees.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

PsychicToaster posted:

I like yelling "BURN THE PAGAN" at Jesus lovers who buy Christmas trees.

Do you really do that?

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Senor Gato posted:

Do you really do that?

Just my religious friends. I can't readily identify a Jesus lover at a Wal-Mart, can I?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Moridin920 posted:

"If the universe is only 6000 years old then explain how we can see light from stars billions of light years away."

"god created the light in between, too"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

"Also, although Adam and Eve did not have parents, they had navels. And they were created full-grown, even though they did not grow up, they had the appearance of people who did. And the earth had mountains, and river deltas, and all this stuff that gave the appearance of great age."

It's called the Omphalos argument.

What I don't get is why, if god never intended humans to leave the Garden of Eden, why did it cover such a small part of the earth's surface?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

genesplicer posted:

What I don't get is why, if god never intended humans to leave the Garden of Eden, why did it cover such a small part of the earth's surface?

Things like this make me genuinely curious regarding how these civilizations viewed the geographical map of the Earth. I'm aware that knowledge of the earth being sphere-like goes further back than Columbus through use of mathematics and the Sun, but these origin stories like the great flood and the garden of eden were obviously made up and shared through generations when little was actually known. drat humans need to have an answer for everything so they make up poo poo like this. That by itself shows that these myths are 100% unreliable. Many Christians have no doubt that the garden of eden is no more than a symbolic myth, but believe 100% in Noah's ark.

Honestly I don't know what the hell am I trying to do here. Trying to make sense of this bullshit is useless.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+happened+to+the+dinosaurs

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

God will apparently also give your kid autism anyway if it's all part of his "divine plan."

if my kid gets the measles and dies then its gods will!!!!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pastor Perineum posted:

humans need to have an answer for everything so they make up poo poo
desire to impress babby with knowledge cannot be taken away from human

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Jim

Bob

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pastor Perineum posted:

Things like this make me genuinely curious regarding how these civilizations viewed the geographical map of the Earth. I'm aware that knowledge of the earth being sphere-like goes further back than Columbus through use of mathematics and the Sun, but these origin stories like the great flood and the garden of eden were obviously made up and shared through generations when little was actually known. drat humans need to have an answer for everything so they make up poo poo like this. That by itself shows that these myths are 100% unreliable. Many Christians have no doubt that the garden of eden is no more than a symbolic myth, but believe 100% in Noah's ark.

Honestly I don't know what the hell am I trying to do here. Trying to make sense of this bullshit is useless.

It goes back farther than that. Eratosthenes lived in the third century BC, but lots of people have known the earth is round since at least as early as the late bronze age by observing tall objects "disappear" over the horizon. Pythagoras was quite sure of it a few centuries before Eratosthenes was born.

also lmao that anyone still thinks there was ever a worldwide flood in recent (geological) history, ark or no. my understanding is that geology was basically started by christian scientists who determined what the geological evidence of such a flood would look like, went looking for it, and never found it. and no one ever has since.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 27, 2015

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Blazing Ownager posted:

Christ must be an awful umbrella because otherwise why are the others even needed?

Leaky Christ?

Uh yeah the Romans nailed a bunch of loving holes in him you insensitive rear end in a top hat

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

A Stupid Baby posted:

Uh yeah the Romans nailed a bunch of loving holes in him you insensitive rear end in a top hat

:chanpop:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stop calling God cruel for handling evil people. No one was innocent even the children. Now for the children that does mean that they are judge after life. If He let the children live then who going to take care of them? They definitely don't won't someone who killed their parents to raise them, so it is better for them to be dead. What if the children was the enemy of the Hebrews? It is stupid to let them live. Some of them will grow up, and get revenge, on those who rightfully kill their evil parents. It better for the children to be put to death so they don't have to deal the Hebrew people. YHWH has every right to do so. Don't like too bad then. YHWH doesn't care what you don't like or like what he does, or weather you disagree or agree on how He handle things.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Volume posted:

Stop calling God cruel for handling evil people. No one was innocent even the children. Now for the children that does mean that they are judge after life. If He let the children live then who going to take care of them? They definitely don't won't someone who killed their parents to raise them, so it is better for them to be dead. What if the children was the enemy of the Hebrews? It is stupid to let them live. Some of them will grow up, and get revenge, on those who rightfully kill their evil parents. It better for the children to be put to death so they don't have to deal the Hebrew people. YHWH has every right to do so. Don't like too bad then. YHWH doesn't care what you don't like or like what he does, or weather you disagree or agree on how He handle things.

Did I just have a stroke? Anyone else, smell, toast,?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
lol @ jesus lovers

lol @ muslams

lol @ athetits

hail satan

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

C.P.A.N. posted:

Did I just have a stroke? Anyone else, smell, toast,?

I'd like you to have a stroke

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'd like some toast too, but God willed my bread to get all moldy :argh:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Das Butterbrot posted:

lol @ jesus lovers

lol @ muslams

lol @ athetits

hail satan

"Athetits" sounds like a great idea.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Whats the difference between an Atheist and a bucket of poo poo?

The Bucket.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Maniac Pahis posted:

What do u call an insufferable neckbeard who, after 40 miserable years on this earth, will burn in hellfire for an eternity?

An atheist lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The juggernaut of SIN continues onward with its relentless move towards its Worldwide dominion over sound reason and a Godly perspective.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the practises of being a homosexual are in violation to what is natural, clean, and GOD centred....HOWEVER.......

We are living in the final seconds of GODs time-clock for humanity, with SIN reining supreme over 'sound logic' & Godly wisdom, as according to The Holy Bible, this World, at present, belongs to satan, and his minions, with The TRUTH, being CHRIST Jesus, currently curtailed...until The Heavenly Father sees fit to deliver to humanity HIS supreme 'check-mate', being the return of The Savior of humanity, in ALL HIS magnificent GLORY, as KING of kings & LORD of lords, to reign over a New Earth, from a New Jerusalem.

To understand what I state, will require a 'genuine' Born Again experience.

Meanwhile...Homosexuality, sodomy and the practise of buggery are all SIN, that will, unless repented of, send its perpetrator, directly to hell, with NO 'get out of jail card, NO phone a friend, with ZERO rights of appeal.

SIN is humanities problem, with CHRIST Jesus being The One & Only Solution given by The Father....for...SIN.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Who here knows of the superhero team, Avengers? Who here have seen the movie?
Now, do you know what is the meaning of “avenger”? It means someone who takes vengeance or the one committing revenge. Take note of this: the Lord said in Deuteronomy 32:35: “Vengeance is Mine.” What does that mean? It means only the Lord has the right to take vengeance on someone! Remember that the Lord will fight for you. Thus, He will surely be the one who will avenge you from those who have done evil to you.

If we take vengeance on our own, instead of letting God, then it means we do not trust Him. Not only that, but we insult Him. It means we don’t think of him as a just and powerful Superhero, that he is incapable of giving us justice. So if we truly trust Him as our Superhero, we will not be vengeful – doing revenge on our own – but will rather surrender to God the offense on us and let him be our Avenger.

Jesus will surely be happy if we let him be our Avenger.

So always remember:
1.) JESUS IS THE ONLY SAVIOR
2.) THE LORD PROTECTS ME ALWAYS
3.) THE LORD IS MY AVENGER

Let us be thankful for these truths. And let us be thankful that Jesus is our Superhero!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Jim Bob

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
they should make an avengers movie with jesus as the leader

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Vatican-approved exorcist has warned against the dangers of playing the game known as "Charlie, Charlie," which is gaining popularity among young people on social media.

Spanish priest Jose Antonio Fortea said the so-called Charlie Charlie Challenge, a game played on a simplified version of the Ouija board, poses a real danger as it involves the summoning of spirits, the Catholic News Agency reported on Wednesday.

The game uses two pens and a paper to create a makeshift version of the Ouija board. A grid is drawn on paper to make four panels, two of which are labelled "yes" and the other two "no." The pens are then put on top of another, positioned like a cross.

The players invoke a Mexican demon by calling out "Charlie, Charlie can we play" or "Charlie, Charlie are you here?" Then they wait for the pen to move as they film the game for online posting.

Father Fortea warned that the game involves the real, occult practice of "calling on spirits," cautioning people that "some spirits who are at the root of that practice will harass some of those who play the game."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

A Vatican-approved exorcist has warned against the dangers of playing the game known as "Charlie, Charlie," which is gaining popularity among young people on social media.

Spanish priest Jose Antonio Fortea said the so-called Charlie Charlie Challenge, a game played on a simplified version of the Ouija board, poses a real danger as it involves the summoning of spirits, the Catholic News Agency reported on Wednesday.

The game uses two pens and a paper to create a makeshift version of the Ouija board. A grid is drawn on paper to make four panels, two of which are labelled "yes" and the other two "no." The pens are then put on top of another, positioned like a cross.

The players invoke a Mexican demon by calling out "Charlie, Charlie can we play" or "Charlie, Charlie are you here?" Then they wait for the pen to move as they film the game for online posting.

Father Fortea warned that the game involves the real, occult practice of "calling on spirits," cautioning people that "some spirits who are at the root of that practice will harass some of those who play the game."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLtZeHx-b0M

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It means only the Lord has the right to take vengeance on someone! Remember that the Lord will fight for you. Thus, He will surely be the one who will avenge you from those who have done evil to you.

Looks like we don't need all these pesky laws and regulations and police and courts anymore.

We could live in an anarcho-libertarian-Christian paradise.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdOGsWq9oM

Listen as they make FUN of FARMERS

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

mdm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdOGsWq9oM

Listen as they make FUN of FARMERS

mental illness

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I am Toni Lippi posted:

So I guess you can put a price on rape and abuse? What's going on here?

Universe Master posted:

50 shekels of silver, according to the bible.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
The sole and single purpose of You (yes, You) and any other life form from maggot to Malaria is to replicate your resident genes. All else is secondary.

Your self awareness, your soul, your goals, your life, love, are all secondary side effects that enhance this process.
Your self-awareness in particular is an accidental side effect to this.

That's why things seem to make no sense-why Vonnegut asked "Why are we born only to suffer and die?"
Because your suffering is an inconsequential effect on a thing that is accidental.

Religion is an attempt to put some human justice to this tyranny of the genes- To find some explanation for this raw deal.

You are an accident- that is why you seem to have free will-but your will will not change a thing. You will still die when the genes have no further use for you.

So enjoy this accidental freedom. Raise Hell.
This may be unique in this corner of the Cosmos.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 1, 2015

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
never change zimboe

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Noctis Horrendae posted:

never change zimboe

Aesthetic Nihilism is the new destiny for Man.

Refute my reasoning.
The truth can often be recognized by its cruel nature.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

zimboe posted:

Aesthetic Nihilism is the new destiny for Man.

Refute my reasoning.
The truth can often be recognized by its cruel nature.

nobody is interested in arguing with you you're just terrible

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

zimboe posted:

You will still die when the genes have no further use for you.

I don't think genes work that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
A lot of this Jesus business I recognize from the old burnouts from the Sixties-
once the dope wasn't enough they became Jesus Junkies.
To say nothing of used-up crankwhores who found religion as a last resort to turn aside the oblivion.
Which is a good thing, I suppose.
Godsmack, indeed.

• Locked thread