Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Can't wait for goons to start claiming the game is suddenly good

"But I dont have to pay money to pay this steaming pile of poo poo what's the big deal??????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

SarutosZero posted:

"But I dont have to pay money to pay this steaming pile of poo poo what's the big deal??????"

read back

it's already happening

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There is absolutely no way the company behind the actual development of this game will be able to create a F2P transition that isn't either woefully inadequate revenue-wise or ridiculously exploitative, Rift-style. "The game will feature an optional monthly membership that will provide bonuses to XP, crafting and item and currency rewards," is a gigantic loving red flag.

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

read back

it's already happening

yeah, seriously, dont ignore pretty much all the feedback/criticism from this thread (because there was legitimate stuff in here) start playing the game just because it's gone f2p. maybe if you want to gently caress with the housing, sure, but your options are kinda limited without touching the absurdity that is pve (lets not even mention pvp - carbine sure doesn't). also the levelling is terrible and you need to be max to do a lot of actually good stuff with your house so enjoy.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
This piece of poo poo company couldn't even figure out how to separate their live database and their public test realm databases let alone multiple different tiers of subscriptions with buyable account perks

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SarutosZero posted:

lotta people who liked the game but wanted to see a lot of things fixed before they'd sub are willing to play for free while hoping it improves

also i want to gently caress around with housing more. getting cool house stuff is what im all about

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

lotta people who liked the game but wanted to see a lot of things fixed before they'd sub are willing to play for free while hoping it improves

also i want to gently caress around with housing more. getting cool house stuff is what im all about

or you could just play a good game

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

you realise it's just about been a year since release. the game is still poo poo. it's less poo poo, but it's still poo poo.

you're going to be waiting a long time for carbine to polish the mountains of poo poo off of this game. please also consider the impact of making cash shop stuff on the rest of the game. it's not going to be nothing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SarutosZero posted:

or you could just play a good game

i only play bad games

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm totally in this camp; I liked Wildstar when I trialled it, but it was so dead and empty, and there were so many games prepared to give me so much for basically nothing that I couldn't see how it'd justify itself as a purchase. As a F2P game, I'll be happy to give it a go.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

sword_man.gif posted:

read back

it's already happening

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
This means I can play on my house and not go play the "game" and do quests. I can chop weeds and craft a bit for free.
The housing is a subgame that is enough to hold my attention for three hours a week or so. When this goes F2P, I probably won't level my characters at all for months.

Parts of the package are fun for free. As a whole MMO? Yeah, it's not really there yet - especially with their repulsive community and idiotic end game.
Playing Pretty Architect is fine though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wildstar's housing owns and sometimes you go fight things to get some more stuff for your house I guess

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

What does this mean?

quote:

Cannot invite into or create a Guild

Does it mean that non subs cannot be invited into a guild or that they cannot invite others into a guild that they are a member of?

Edit: The real missing info is how this "loyalty" program is going to work for new accounts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xavier434 posted:

What does this mean?

Does it mean that non subs cannot be invited into a guild or that they cannot invite others into a guild that they are a member of?

Edit: The real missing info is how this "loyalty" program is going to work for new accounts.

Free players can be invited to guilds and be part of them. They cannot make guilds and cannot invite people to existing guilds.

So if you want a guild you need the person who makes it and/or people with invite privileges to be subscribers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well you don't want the true hardcore players to mingle with the filthy casuals, do you?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kelp Plankton posted:

Free players can be invited to guilds and be part of them. They cannot make guilds and cannot invite people to existing guilds.

So if you want a guild you need the person who makes it and/or people with invite privileges to be subscribers.

This is hilarious. So if a guild is created and at some point in the future all of the subscribers leave the guild then the only way for that guild to survive by inviting new players is for one of the remaining F2P members to pay a sub? I can see this happening a lot with smaller guilds.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xavier434 posted:

This is hilarious. So if a guild is created and at some point in the future all of the subscribers leave the guild then the only way for that guild to survive by inviting new players is for one of the remaining F2P members to pay a sub? I can see this happening a lot with smaller guilds.

Yeah, or spend gold on a Credd, which seems like the more likely thing for people to do. I don't know what else you'd be doing with gold in this game anyway. (other than BUYING HOUSING ITEMS)

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Schubalts posted:

Why does it have a big "Signup for beta" button?

We're going to be testing the features of the transition in a closed beta fashion. There are a lot of changes and additions that come with this kind of thing even on a base level (store, etc.) so having people hammer on them before the F2P launch is ideal.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I will probably log in sometime after the rush of curious people dies down just so I can open my 70 remaining boom boxes and get the same lovely dyes and XP tokens over and over.

Unless they made those retroactively expire.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SarutosZero posted:

lmao

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Not going to lie, I will play it if it's free. I'm stupid and get some twisted form of satisfaction out of leveling in MMOs even if the games aren't good but once I hit that cap and see all the quests I'll be done. Gonna be fun trying to find all of the diehard anti-F2P people who said they would quit still playing and laugh at them.

EDIT: Just checked out the announcement thread on their forums and some of the people who swore up and down they'd leave/kill themselves if it went F2P are strangely supportive? What the hell happened?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Not going to lie, I will play it if it's free. I'm stupid and get some twisted form of satisfaction out of leveling in MMOs even if the games aren't good but once I hit that cap and see all the quests I'll be done. Gonna be fun trying to find all of the diehard anti-F2P people who said they would quit still playing and laugh at them.

EDIT: Just checked out the announcement thread on their forums and some of the people who swore up and down they'd leave/kill themselves if it went F2P are strangely supportive? What the hell happened?

realisation (with a good helping of self-deceit)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Their bluff was called, probably plus Sunk Cost Fallacy.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
This is great news for Bitcoin Carbine

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Seems like they've turned to attacking one another over the F2P hordes now. Looks like there's a mount that you only get if you were subbed continuously from beta to F2P launch, and the few psychos who did it are lording it over the other people who have still sunk way too much time/money into the game and it's becoming something of a class war. Naturally the ones acting like they're superior are fan favourites like Olivar and Lethality, saying poo poo like "even if you let your sub lapse for one day, that was one day you were disloyal so you don't deserve the mount".

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Vermain posted:

There is absolutely no way the company behind the actual development of this game will be able to create a F2P transition that isn't either woefully inadequate revenue-wise or ridiculously exploitative, Rift-style. "The game will feature an optional monthly membership that will provide bonuses to XP, crafting and item and currency rewards," is a gigantic loving red flag.

Eh? SWTOR does the same and nobody is losing their poo poo over that. You get more quest XP as a sub, your get extra quest rewards, free cartel coins and you have more crafting slots without paying for it. I really do not see the big deal.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I've been having some trouble with my stool lately - I frequently find myself on the toilet for over an hour just trying to force that last bit of soft, gooey brownness out of my rectum. I'm baffled as to why it's so liquid because I really feel as though I have to force it out; almost as though it's solid on the inside but quickly liquefies as it exits through my hairy nethers.

Does anybody with a large amount of experience in this area have any suggestions on how to get the poop out faster? I usually only poop daily but an hour is a bit excessive.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Verranicus posted:

Seems like they've turned to attacking one another over the F2P hordes now. Looks like there's a mount that you only get if you were subbed continuously from beta to F2P launch, and the few psychos who did it are lording it over the other people who have still sunk way too much time/money into the game and it's becoming something of a class war. Naturally the ones acting like they're superior are fan favourites like Olivar and Lethality, saying poo poo like "even if you let your sub lapse for one day, that was one day you were disloyal so you don't deserve the mount".

This is so great. Post more!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This post is just so :allears:

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/37lg36/a_reminder_of_our_subs_code_of_conduct_prior_to/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I am sure everyone is going to be very polite to the new community just like everyone always is towards each other throughout the entire internet.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Cyster posted:

We're going to be testing the features of the transition in a closed beta fashion. There are a lot of changes and additions that come with this kind of thing even on a base level (store, etc.) so having people hammer on them before the F2P launch is ideal.

a lot of good having people report bugs is going to do when you guys never loving fix them

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

the signup form for the f2p beta does not appear to even work. a sign of things to come

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mulodyne posted:

the signup form for the f2p beta does not appear to even work. a sign of things to come

you have to disable adblock and refresh the page

i want to say this same thing happened with the original beta signup page and maybe also the name reservation page

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

you have to disable adblock and refresh the page

i want to say this same thing happened with the original beta signup page and maybe also the name reservation page

carbine clearly has learned from their mistakes

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

WildStar to become one of the most popular MMO's on the market.

Clearly the subscription was the only thing holding it back.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I preordered the limited edition, and played 3 hours before saying gently caress this. Is it worth coming back to?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Clearly the subscription was the only thing holding it back.

The subscription payment was just an early access fee

Finally the post-beta pre-release miracle fix patch is here

The time is now

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/28/wildstar-free/

quote:

As Moore tells me, the decision to go free-to-play was made for qualitative reasons as much as economic. “Having lots of players around makes the MMO better,” he says.

In anticipation of the droves of n00bs, Carbine has “years of content already ready and planned for post-free-to-play release.” The studio will be introducing an improved tutorial and early game, as part of a major update releasing alongside the subscription-drop. Also incoming in Fall is new dungeon content, placed evenly through levels 0-to-50.
Years of content, guys. Guess that's where all the monthly content drops went :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
it's ok guys this krokodil is totaly free it's a good deal I'm going to have a lot of fun injecting this flesh eating hell into my veins it's a good drug right??

• Locked thread