Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

StarMinstrel posted:

That's what I thought ^-^ There's no point really to pay for charity and then cheat your way through a challenge your making for yourself, otherwise what's the point. I was just curious because of all the patch talk and such.

/edit
In normal mode, is it possible to get the same job twice or thrice?

The only way to get duplicates is to roll chaos mode or roll random with berserker risk,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Trying out a Test Fiesta in preparation since I haven't played FFV in forever and my wind job was White Mage. Beating everything with 3 sticks and a flail is misery. The boss of Dragon Mountain is a godawful slog, even with Protect on everyone and dropping Silence on the lady constantly. I'll have Spellblade for Water but that means I'll have to bop Garula first too :suicide:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Garula's easy for a white mage party, just tedious. Make sure you pick up the heal staff, stick everyone in the back row, and cast protect.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, the bigger issue is the Magissa/Forza fight, which is utter hell since it's a pure battle of attrition: your MP versus their combined HP. Protect helps against Forza, not nearly so much against his spellcasting buddy. And unfortunately, Silence wears off, Regen does not.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm also doing a test run on my android phone using a gba emulator app while i'm bored at work. Wind Crystal job I got is Black Mage hell yeah!

Also I just now realised that I have the day off work on June 1st! Should be able to get plenty of progress straight off the bat.

fake edit: Oh wait i'm assuming the fiesta actually starts on June 1st.....it's just pre-reg right?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yes. Fiesta will open on the 15th or so.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Hm. I just tried a game with the Fiesta patch, starting from scratch, and the Wind Shrine still gave me the standard jobs. Is there a way to tell if I installed it correctly?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I pre-reg'd for this thing today and now I have 17 days to, uh, actually beat FFV for the first time.

This'll be fun :unsmigghh:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Color Printer posted:

I pre-reg'd for this thing today and now I have 17 days to, uh, actually beat FFV for the first time.

This'll be fun :unsmigghh:

The first time I actually beat FFV was in a fiesta. It's not a bad way to start out :unsmith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, it's worth noting that the site is now in "active" mode and preregistrations are ostensibly open, but the site seems frozen in 2014 pre-Fiesta mode, so you may want to wait, especially if you were interested in Chaos.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
My first time beating FFV was a Fiesta, I've never actually played it through normally. It's not a very hard or long game I think until you start getting into weak party setups.

I think I might try to do a pre-fiesta run, I rolled monk, time mage, ranger and dancer and I haven't gotten to use any of these classes before save the time mage.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Oh, I didn't even notice registration was open. So there's still no real description for Chaos mode, huh? I guess it's just supposed to be a surprise?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Alright, pre-registered. Nothing crazy, just berserker risk. I'm actually still doing my first normal playthrough right now (Exdeath's Castle), so this'll be something alright.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I thought about doing my first run in the Fiesta, but after playing a bit I decided I was really enjoying it (I also just finished FFX, my first FF game which was....okaaaay) so I might as well try to finish it in two and a half weeks.

I'm probably going to run screaming into this thread or the FF Megathread several times in the next few days though

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Color Printer posted:

I thought about doing my first run in the Fiesta, but after playing a bit I decided I was really enjoying it (I also just finished FFX, my first FF game which was....okaaaay) so I might as well try to finish it in two and a half weeks.

I'm probably going to run screaming into this thread or the FF Megathread several times in the next few days though

Come to IRC and you can do a fiesta early and have a dozen spergs available for advice at any given time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dis astranagant posted:

Come to IRC and you can do a fiesta early and have a dozen spergs available for advice at any given time.

And have a loving IRC bot to help as well.

Or a spiteful IRC bot.

We haven't quite figured out how Carbybot's moods function.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

LaserShark posted:

Hm. I just tried a game with the Fiesta patch, starting from scratch, and the Wind Shrine still gave me the standard jobs. Is there a way to tell if I installed it correctly?
Did you download the patch off the dropbox link or Kyrosiris's site?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Can Of Worms posted:

Did you download the patch off the dropbox link or Kyrosiris's site?

From the dropbox link.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oooh, now I need to decide if I want to do a normal or 750 with BERSERKERRISK to start :black101:

I assume BERSERKERRISK would override the magic-forced aspect of 750?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

Oooh, now I need to decide if I want to do a normal or 750 with BERSERKERRISK to start :black101:

I assume BERSERKERRISK would override the magic-forced aspect of 750?

Yep, you'll get your Berserker in the mail as standard. Berserkers are cool with it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awesome, I'll just have to pray that I get a Bard instead of a Geomancer. :gonk:

PRE-REGISTERED!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im not gonna do it until it officially opens because I plan on doing a chaos.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Poque posted:

Awesome, I'll just have to pray that I get a Bard instead of a Geomancer. :gonk:

PRE-REGISTERED!

Bardserkers are pretty awesome since Equip Harps give Berserkers a nice boost.

Also this

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

LaserShark posted:

From the dropbox link.
That should be the most up to date one. If it's working, you should have gotten all the jobs at the start of the game (before even meeting Galuf.)

milk_dud
May 5, 2014
Preregistered and ready to go. #regChaos is listed under the help section on the site, has anyone tried tweeting that?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

milk_dud posted:

Preregistered and ready to go. #regChaos is listed under the help section on the site, has anyone tried tweeting that?

The player list claims that 0 people are playing with Chaos.
So either nobody has, or they aren't being registered.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

milk_dud posted:

It doesn't work, sadly.

At least you can change your preregistration at any point before the start of the Fiesta.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Random berserker. :getin:

I wanna do chaos berserker when that's available. Don't even know what chaos is, but that sounds extremely masochistic, so I'm game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BloodWulfe posted:

Random berserker. :getin:

I wanna do chaos berserker when that's available. Don't even know what chaos is, but that sounds extremely masochistic, so I'm game.

but you can't BERSERKERRISK once the fiesta has started!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ehhh screw it , I'm sure we will find out what it is exactly very shortly.

:getin:

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Poque posted:

but you can't BERSERKERRISK once the fiesta has started!

Yeah I'd just change my pre-reg to #regChaos #BERSERKERRISK

I suppose I'll have to open up PS/AE and make some more dumb poo poo for this year. :keke:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
#REG, super pumped.

get here faster 17 days.

How long does the fiesta last? Can you just do one run?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

StarMinstrel posted:

#REG, super pumped.

get here faster 17 days.

How long does the fiesta last? Can you just do one run?

It usually lasts until September 1st, and you can do as many runs as you can get yourself through. :)

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Okay, I got Beastmaster as my third job, kind of disappointing but I don't think I'm allowed to complain with a Mystic Knight. What should I be catching in the early game?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

OzFactor posted:

Okay, I got Beastmaster as my third job, kind of disappointing but I don't think I'm allowed to complain with a Mystic Knight. What should I be catching in the early game?

Depends on what you need. Sand Bears in the desert release for a good 2k damage attack, Page 32 releases for X-Zone which will have basically even odds to instantly one-shot any non-heavy target (including noted rear end in a top hat boss Byblos), Stone Slugs on North Mountain release for Slimer, which inflicts Slow, etc.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I'm still mad that the FFV epic medley doesn't include Clash on the Big Bridge. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C44ftapDdc

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

BloodWulfe posted:

I'm still mad that the FFV epic medley doesn't include Clash on the Big Bridge. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C44ftapDdc

Obviously because it would overshadow the entire rest of the medley.

Made it to Crescent with Thief/Zerker in my first fiesta last year so this time I'm going all in on the berserker risk.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

Depends on what you need. Sand Bears in the desert release for a good 2k damage attack, Page 32 releases for X-Zone which will have basically even odds to instantly one-shot any non-heavy target (including noted rear end in a top hat boss Byblos), Stone Slugs on North Mountain release for Slimer, which inflicts Slow, etc.

Wouldn't Byblos be before Beastmaster access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

Wouldn't Byblos be before Beastmaster access?

Nope, Beastmaster is one of the Karnak 500 jobs. It's Ranger and Bard that you don't get until Crescent.

Also RK confirmed that poo poo is hosed up and bullshit:

quote:

Eric Koziol @revenantkioku
The #FF5FJF2015 page went live before I updated all of the right files. My apologies. Give me some time to sort this out.

• Locked thread