Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jivjov posted:

He said they were paid DLC..which they aren't. There's no downloadable component to them.

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jivjov posted:

He said they were paid DLC..which they aren't. There's no downloadable component to them.

Jesus Christ Jivjov.

Never heard of "on-disc DLC"? "buh buh buh its not downloaded so it isn't DLC! :smuggo:" Oh my god.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

As far as I know all the amiibo content is in the game as shipped. Its not the stuff that's being rolled out as post-launch DLC.

I'm not seeing the confusion here... :shrug:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm gonna download my ink all over your face, nerd.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus Christ Jivjov.

Never heard of "on-disc DLC"? "buh buh buh its not downloaded so it isn't DLC! :smuggo:" Oh my god.

On-Disc stuff is still DLC since you have to download the access key for it...but I'm seriously not getting the confusion here, I was under the serious impression that the amiibo content was in the game at launch, and not post-launch content like Hyrule Warriors' was.

If the amiibo stuff is DLC, do we know when it's supposed to release?

EDIT: Or was there an announcement of a DLC release of the amiibo-gated content that I missed?

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 28, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jivjoved again

jivjov posted:

What's it like being the most pedantic person ever to live

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

jivjov posted:

As far as I know all the amiibo content is in the game as shipped. Its not the stuff that's being rolled out as post-launch DLC.

I'm not seeing the confusion here... :shrug:

Ugh UGHHHHHH SHUT UP FOREVER UUUUUUUUUUGH

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

I will lead my squids to victory.

I'm not going to lead them there. I'm going to drag them, despite their best attempts to sabotage me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Regy Rusty posted:

Jivjoved again

What's it like being the most pedantic person ever to live

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ugh UGHHHHHH SHUT UP FOREVER UUUUUUUUUUGH

Seriously, is there or is there not a DLC component to the Splatoon amiibo content? Silentman0 and Zaphod42 are both implying that there is, but I'm not finding any corroboration.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Splatoons a game Splatoon is here

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
You need some sort of a hospital.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

Seriously, is there or is there not a DLC component to the Splatoon amiibo content? Silentman0 and Zaphod42 are both implying that there is, but I'm not finding any corroboration.

You tap the amiibo to get, perhaps even download off it, the content that is otherwise unavailable to people. In that way, you could say the costumes and mission 'remixes' are paid DLC because you pay to purchase the figurines that load this content to the game.

Don't get taint reaped but also don't be a jivjobber

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Caerulius posted:

You need some sort of a hosquidtal.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Please continue your hard work.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

The SNES Bazooka gets no love :smith:

edit: actually I forgot that it was in Smash Brother Melee :unsmith:

What if

one of the Zappers has a Super Scope skinned Inkzooka as its special .

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

jivjov posted:

They are saying it is paid dlc because you have to buy the amiibo. That is literally the whole thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You tap the amiibo to get, perhaps even download off it, the content that is otherwise unavailable to people. In that way, you could say the costumes and mission 'remixes' are paid DLC because you pay to purchase the figurines that load this content to the game.

Don't get taint reaped but also don't be a jivjobber

Okay, so this was just an incorrect usage of the term DLC, and the amiibo content is included with the game at launch. then?

codenameFANGIO posted:

They are saying it is paid dlc because you have to buy the amiibo. That is literally the whole thing.

Show me where I can download an amiibo (EDIT: Or the content the amiibo unlocks) and I'll be super thrilled to not have to wait outside a store tomorrow morning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope the Amiibo Truck Mob steals your Amiibos tomorrow morning.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

please stop trolling these kids with your sickening pedantry

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
When I am brutally massacring children, I'm going to pretend it's the posters in this thread.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

jivjov posted:

Show me where I can download an amiibo (EDIT: Or the content the amiibo unlocks) and I'll be super thrilled to not have to wait outside a store tomorrow morning.

:geno: so are you a robot, struggling to understand human turns of phrase, or is your autism that crippling?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yikes

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
This guy is the reason we don't have voice chat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
jiv jov tryin to get a amiibeezy

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo, please release Splatoon sooner to save this thread from perdition.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

masterful troll or merely a stupid idiot..? you decide

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

jiv jov tryin to get a amiibeezy

thank you for making all of the previous nonsense worth it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

pissdude posted:

god, unsolved mysteries has really gone down hill

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

pissdude posted:

These are not mutually exclusive.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm very excited about them releasing more weapons because I'm really interested in the burst-damage shotgun weapons like the Blaster and having more weapons in that vein will be super cool, I believe with my heart.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'll be picking this up tomorrow after I go see Mad Max. Tomorrow will be a lovely day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

codenameFANGIO posted:

:geno: so are you a robot, struggling to understand human turns of phrase, or is your autism that crippling?

I was legitimately confused by people referring to the amiibo content as DLC. Yes, in some games amiibo content has been added with a DLC patch, like the racing suits for Mario Kart 8 and the random drops from Hyrule Warriors. But certain statements here were really making it sound like either the amiibo content wasn't going to be in the game until some of the post launch DLC hit, or that the amiibo gated content would also have a paid DLC unlock option.

Then everyone started jumping down my throat about it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Can this game come out already so that we can shoot each other instead of having these shitshow arguments

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jivjov posted:

I was legitimately confused by people referring to the amiibo content as DLC. Yes, in some games amiibo content has been added with a DLC patch, like the racing suits for Mario Kart 8 and the random drops from Hyrule Warriors. But certain statements here were really making it sound like either the amiibo content wasn't going to be in the game until some of the post launch DLC hit, or that the amiibo gated content would also have a paid DLC unlock option.

Then everyone started jumping down my throat about it.

Nobody's falling for it anymore dude. :rolleyes:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Can this game come out already so that we can shoot each other instead of having these shitshow arguments

you don't shoot each other. ur objective is to cover areas with your ink.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

Merely covering turf with ink cannot slake my bloodthirst.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Eh may be the objective but you definitely shoot each other. And shooting each other covers the area in some ink anyways.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Anime Curator posted:

How fuckin dare yooooou :argh:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Kill list:
This thread
Team dog
Everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

Okay, so this was just an incorrect usage of the term DLC, and the amiibo content is included with the game at launch. then?

Ink off, dorkopus

• Locked thread