Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Trebek posted:

With random rules you will be able to get more points per battle.

That's good at least, any idea how much more it gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
From what I can tell close to double but it is affected by the ABP as well. Also it's random as to which rule you get so not sure you can actually build a squad to cheese this. But yeah reaching any of those crazy arena ranks would take years.

Just doing the math for fun. Say you are awake an average of 16 hours a day and you used all your arena orbs, and were able to even get 200 abp per battle and you did it consistently over the course of a year you would still only have 1.1m apb.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 28, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The maintenance has been extended for two hours, looks like.

This is such a surprising turn of events. :geno:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

The maintenance has been extended for two hours, looks like.

This is such a surprising turn of events. :geno:

Free imps or frogs or something, and probably again when FH calc runs long.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Sloober posted:

Free imps or frogs or something, and probably again when FH calc runs long.

Free imp keys gumbi plz

I still need to pick a unit to grind up. What is that site you can share your collection with again? I need to do that and ask for advice.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Trebek posted:

From what I can tell close to double but it is affected by the ABP as well. Also it's random as to which rule you get so not sure you can actually build a squad to cheese this. But yeah reaching any of those crazy arena ranks would take years.

Just doing the math for fun. Say you are awake an average of 16 hours a day and you used all your arena orbs, and were able to even get 200 abp per battle and you did it consistently over the course of a year you would still only have 1.1m apb.

Its pretty much just for the whales to pay for it.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

lokipunk posted:

Free imp keys gumbi plz

I still need to pick a unit to grind up. What is that site you can share your collection with again? I need to do that and ask for advice.

It's in the OP.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Trebek posted:

It's in the OP.

Sorry, forgot it is a new thread.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Getting the "gradually letting players in" thing now at least.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nightwisher posted:

code:
New Arena Rank & Random Rules
New Ranks (After Skywalker - 1.3 million ABP)

Name 	        ABP Required 	Reward
Coronides 	3692000 	Emperor Axe - +100% Crit Damage, +30% Crit

Guess this means we just got the Geldnite Axe's nerf and it's only 50% more crit damage now?

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
claire and colts ES works when they are in the same party now...got a good 2 days use out of those spheres...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Apparently I had about 3.8k amazon coins so I decided to use them up on the promo bundle since I think a lot of the coins are promo coins I got awhile back.

Got an error when buying it and my gems didn't increase and now I get an Unexpected Error when I try to open the app. The coins got charged from my Amazon account so if the stuff doesn't show up on its own I get to play a fun game of "is Gumi's customer support going to help me?" :sigh:

echofriendly posted:

claire and colts ES works when they are in the same party now...got a good 2 days use out of those spheres...

I can't believe you bought their spheres when you had both units. :psyduck:

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Apparently I had about 3.8k amazon coins so I decided to use them up on the promo bundle since I think a lot of the coins are promo coins I got awhile back.

Got an error when buying it and my gems didn't increase and now I get an Unexpected Error when I try to open the app. The coins got charged from my Amazon account so if the stuff doesn't show up on its own I get to play a fun game of "is Gumi's customer support going to help me?" :sigh:

You will probably need to contact Gumi and if you can't get anywhere with them, go to Amazon and explain what happened.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Unexpected Error rates up!

I think the AS coming out with almost no problems is more of a fluke than anything.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Evil Fluffy posted:

The gems/tickets from the bundle go into your mailbox so check when the game lets you log in again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm getting the unexpected error fun, I also get a ton of 'an updated version of the game is available please update' when there is no updated version.

Is there anything relevant in this patch to a relatively new player?

What does 'minimum king' or w/e mean for the metal dungeons.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Agent355 posted:

What does 'minimum king' or w/e mean for the metal dungeons.

Pretty sure it means no more ghosts.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Super Metal Parades are kings/gods/crystals while God Metal Parades are gods/crystals only, but take more keys/stamina to open.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Seems like servers are down again or something.

https://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/server-status/203106-connectivity-issue-may-28

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Evil Fluffy posted:

no content might as well buy some new stuff. :ducksiren:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Beat Sefia, got Unexpected error. Nice.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Trebek posted:

Beat Sefia, got Unexpected error. Nice.

is that a stat sphere?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I missed being able to autobattle sleepwalk through new content, oddly enough. That said, it drat well figures that they roll out more Sphere synthesis upgrades when I just got done cashing in almost all of my karma at the achievement shop. :colbert:

echofriendly posted:

is that a stat sphere?

Makes enemies have a 50% chance of never appearing. :v:

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

I bought them both too cause I might not always be able to have both of them in the squad.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

echofriendly posted:

is that a stat sphere?

Well after I reloaded the game the sphere showed up in my inventory anyway. Just beat Kikuri. You get a sphere for each.

Sefia = Holy Eight 30% boost to Atk and Def and boosts critical hit damage (50%)
Kikuri = Scarlet Pin 30% boost to Atk and Def and boosts damage dealt to weaker elements (50%)

Pretty solid spheres even if you don't have the units.

Edit: Getting double if not more abp for the random rules arena option. All three times it was an elemental advantage that didn't even really come into play.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 28, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Man, I love it when an update breaks a bunch of scripts so I have to choose between flushing my cache and seeing MST PLACEHOLDER_NAME_348 everywhere.

That said, Imp Garden is bonkers; it may be random which imps you get, but at 15 energy for 3, it's pretty worth the ludicrous cost every so often.

EDIT: And somehow the Friday material dungeon opened early? :psyduck: I didn't notice because I literally never run it, but...

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 28, 2015

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Where exactly do we see what the random rule is in Arena? I've been checking the box because of the extra points but I've done 5 arena battles and they seem normal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I don't think the random rule for the arena actually works right now.

Thanks to the Claire+Colt ES being active now when I run my Colt/Claire/Darvanshell/Lucca/Fiora team with a buddy Colt I have 19439hp on my Claire(a). Colt(g) has 14432hp with blighted+hersey. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It works, but not all the time? At least, from my experience. I've at least had No Leader Skills and Male Unit Boost up.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Are other people having an issue where the game keeps telling you to download the updated version even though there is no updated version? The game keeps force closing after each dungeon/arena/anything and it's real irritating.

I tried reinstalling once already and before I commit to another 20-30 minute reinstall I wouldn't to see if it was a problem with just me or some sort of widespread issue.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
I can't even play the game. Keeps telling me there is a newer version available. Even doing a full reinstall it fails. I'm playing on Kindle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Had that on the android version but iOS is fine now that I can get in the game. The gem/ticket bundle also did show up thankfully. Now we just need an actual rate up for me to waste them on.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Agent355 posted:

Are other people having an issue where the game keeps telling you to download the updated version even though there is no updated version? The game keeps force closing after each dungeon/arena/anything and it's real irritating.

I tried reinstalling once already and before I commit to another 20-30 minute reinstall I wouldn't to see if it was a problem with just me or some sort of widespread issue.

It was happening to me constantly on Android. Switched over to iOS and I'm using other odd issues, but that one went away.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Random rules appears to be working for me. I had a good squad for this particular one.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Tridon's shield has been reworked apparently, not sure what the details are but he no longer gets you oneshot by Gravion in Luginas Trial, so thats a start!

edit: looks like it doesn't calculate rollover damage when the shield breaks based on the shield stats anymore, but the base units def and element.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 29, 2015

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

nightwisher posted:

Tridon's shield has been reworked apparently, not sure what the details are but he no longer gets you oneshot by Gravion in Luginas Trial, so thats a start!

edit: looks like it doesn't calculate rollover damage when the shield breaks based on the shield stats anymore, but the base units def and element.

Nice, that makes him usable again.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Trebek posted:

Random rules appears to be working for me. I had a good squad for this particular one.

But Maxwell is a male name!!!!!!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

nightwisher posted:

But Maxwell is a male name!!!!!!

Their first name is Creator. :colbert:

e: vvv Now do I finish Imping my guardian or go all out and raise my newer anima tridon?

Or both? :getin:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 29, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Woah Tridon is back and getting a 7*? Guess he's back to OP status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh brilliant, it auto-refills items for you now. Apathy will no longer rob me of Fujin Tonics.

• Locked thread