Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
So how do I change my XVM stats, which have historically been WN8, back to WN8 from what I assume is the game's player score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

The Southern Dandy posted:

So how do I change my XVM stats, which have historically been WN8, back to WN8 from what I assume is the game's player score?

go to the modxvm site where you have to renew your stats every two weeks, it's under settings

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Aslain's is up for 9.8!

Allah be praised!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Jack_tripper posted:

go to the modxvm site where you have to renew your stats every two weeks, it's under settings

thanks!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack_tripper posted:

Or you could just git gud :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Or you could just git gud :colbert:

1v1 me in real life, bro!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

1v1 me in real life, bro!

:smugbird:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

:chord:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ok, so the limit for those codes is indeed 4 as i just tried to enter a 5th one and it didn't work.

In other news, dem golds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

VietCampo posted:

Ok, so the limit for those codes is indeed 4 as i just tried to enter a 5th one and it didn't work.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does that mean someone else can use the 5th code?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

It's like he's literally shooting dollars! Out of a dollar shooter!

:horse:

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

VietCampo posted:

I got a place for that 5th code

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Clearly I, as promulgator of the warning of four uses, and holder of the bestest name, am the chosen one.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Clearly I, as promulgator of the warning of four uses, and holder of the bestest name, am the chosen one.

Oh go gently caress yourself, Chad.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are we in a bidding war yet?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

VietCampo posted:

As a person who doesn't have that premium tank yet, I would love to find out how people are getting these codes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You can buy the jagtiger code from http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/ which should give you enough gold to buy a mid-tier medium in addition to the tank and the premium. I'm personally hoping they don't run out of codes before the fifth.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

You can buy the jagtiger code from http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/ which should give you enough gold to buy a mid-tier medium in addition to the tank and the premium. I'm personally hoping they don't run out of codes before the fifth.

God loving dammit. Don't tempt me to spend more money on this loving game.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Missing Name posted:

God loving dammit. Don't tempt me to spend more money on this loving game.

I got the Jtig88 from it and love it. A decent match gives me like 80k credits.

Also the week of prem + gold let me combine with my leftover gold to give me 37 days

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

From France and Pretender
Great Britain defend her,
Foes let them fall;
From foreign slavery,
Priests and their knavery,
And Papist Reverie,
God save us all.

We should have sold more rifle to the Union. Hell, even offer them a discount.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I don't have XVM stats. I like to pretend I'm not surrounded by windowlickers until proven otherwise (every loving game).

It kind of defeats the purpose when you open up all their stats in the garage after the battle anyway. Just enable XVM stats, except for chance to win, to preserve your sanity.

Also, Manny and Byez, I disbursed gold for that thing you did a while ago, and that vet replay you just posted, respectively. "Don't report me to my commander", hue. :3: (Looks like that terrible KT driver also had the stock ammo loadout with the first 105; look at all that HE. :stare:)

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
9.8 post:

HD Patton is pretty damned good:

I completed a bullshit mission today!

And I also completed the TD-"do 5x your HP in damage"-mission with the assistance of my honored platoonmates:

edit:

I did a dishonorable thing by going back to protect the cap :ohdear:

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 29, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I'm really proud of this Awful Panther game, and what makes it even better is that it gave me enough exp to research the RU-251.

edit: btw apparently a half-health awful panther can ram a batchat at full speed and not only survive, but deal nearly 1000 damage to the batchat.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Good news, Armored Warfare is meh so no need to worry about that game. SSDD.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Are everyone in clans nowadays?

I've just been in goonchat and not many people there to platoon with. rip

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Are everyone in clans nowadays?

I've just been in goonchat and not many people there to platoon with. rip

pushed, crazedkid, and I are in a lovely clan we never play with, so you can always hit one of us up

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

Good news, Armored Warfare is meh so no need to worry about that game. SSDD.

Eh, I enjoyed it but it isn't some out of the park home run that is going to end WoT.

Everyone that seems to being playing it are all the retards that can't make WoT work so they are extra bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

pushed, crazedkid, and I are in a lovely clan we never play with, so you can always hit one of us up

sorry for killing your clan

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

sorry for killing your clan

Which one?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh right I meant ROXY but I'm not sorry for killing any clans, gently caress 'em.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Oh right I meant ROXY but I'm not sorry for killing any clans, gently caress 'em.

CLAWS still lives!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CLAWS still lives!

CRABS sure as gently caress isn't :unsmigghh:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

MacDiesel was a piece of dogshit.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MacDiesel was a piece of dogshit.

Surprisingly enough the lovely leadership from CRABS are still making GBS threads up -G- apparently. rip doggtown

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Hellsau posted:

CRABS was amazing and like the one part of playing tanks I don't regret. That one night where their (goon free) "a-team" lost to PUPEH and melted down about 1400 wn8 goons losing them fights :allears:
It was wonderful how the leadership dudes projected their failures onto the random post-campaign recruits who actually won most of their games.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

James Garfield posted:

CRABS was amazing and like the one part of playing tanks I don't regret. That one night where their (goon free) "a-team" lost to PUPEH and melted down about 1400 wn8 goons losing them fights :allears:
It was wonderful how the leadership dudes projected their failures onto the random post-campaign recruits who actually won most of their games.

I'm glad that there were plenty of goons available to see exactly how a clan kills itself I kill clans. Seriously Doggtown being literally unable to play World of Tanks due to ping issues for weeks while also claiming CRABS would be able to beat -G- in a war "if -G-'s subclans didn't chip spam us" was just too perfect. Really though you 1400 WN8 goons gotta get better, you guys are holding CRABS's heavy hitters back.

Then again -G- is now somehow incapable of winning matches even against PINGU of all people so maybe my clan killing prowess is becoming contagious.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm making another try hard effort at tanks. For starters I've been paying more attention to my surroundings, asking for advice, and watching the tank guide youtubes by Quickbaby and Mighty Jingles. Recently I decided to platoon more.

Even though I'm doing more damage, surviving more, and getting more kills, my winrate for the month is plunging. I'd hate to stop grinding tiers 8 and 9 but those are where I see the most losses.

Would it be better to just try to push forward with the high tier tanks and just accept there'll be a harsh learning curve or would it be better to focus on lower tiered tanks and get good at them before moving on? What are some other things I can do to get better?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I'm making another try hard effort at tanks. For starters I've been paying more attention to my surroundings, asking for advice, and watching the tank guide youtubes by Quickbaby and Mighty Jingles. Recently I decided to platoon more.

Even though I'm doing more damage, surviving more, and getting more kills, my winrate for the month is plunging. I'd hate to stop grinding tiers 8 and 9 but those are where I see the most losses.

Would it be better to just try to push forward with the high tier tanks and just accept there'll be a harsh learning curve or would it be better to focus on lower tiered tanks and get good at them before moving on? What are some other things I can do to get better?

Paul, for all the poo poo talk in this thread, most of WoT comes down to learning how to play your particular tank on a particular map. I can cruise through Malinovka with ease in my M55, but put me in a T34 and we're going to be in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

RandomPauI posted:

You're better off watching streamers on Twitch like Zeven or SirFoch