Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

what? It's not even good. Too hard to get out.

edit: oh okay some new archtype can use it

Free Headcrab fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Slur posted:

...And it weakened them both drastically. Weird.

Random theory time.

Take a look at the art:

Construct doesn't look like she's in control of things. She looks like she's in pain, and you can see that Towers is starting to bind her legs and body together. It almost looks like her own strings are being used against her, too.

I think that Construct tried to take control of Towers, but it backfired on her, and now the two of them are struggling with each other to gain full control of things. Which, of course, leaves them open to an attack from Infernoid Lilith later on...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It just looks to me like she's using it as her throne.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beef Waifu posted:

(Oh man the yugioh card lore is the nerdiest thing but here I go)

Well if you compare with Construct's normal art all the strings are coming out of her back, loads of strings going out, probably, to control all the shaddoll creatures.
in this one they're all wrapped up on her and not nearly as numerous as before.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

Normally, Construct is the one that's in charge of the strings that control the other Shaddolls, because they all come from here - that's clearly not the case here, as she's the one that's being binded by the strings.

The thing that's binding her legs, by the way, is Constellar Rasalhague (aka Evilswarm Keykreion aka Shaddoll Zefranaga)'s staff. It's also been seen in Curse of the Shadow Prison and on Shaddoll Squamata, then on some Yang Zing cards. At any rate, whether it's Construct or Towers that's controlling Shekhinaga, it seems to lead directly into Void Vanishment and El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis.

IT'S ALL CONNECTED. :tinfoil:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Add zexel to the OP already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fair enough, then.

Namtab posted:

Add zexel to the OP already

no

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look guys, this is REALLY SIMPLE.

See? Simple! :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

Look guys, this is REALLY SIMPLE.

See? Simple! :v:

Huh, Anoyatyllis is covered in ice , is related to Nekroz of Trishula's too?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Huh, Anoyatyllis is covered in ice , is related to Nekroz of Trishula's too?

It has the same level, attack, and defense as Trishula, and an effect that directly counters the Nekroz.

Somehow, Anoyatyllis was able to gain the power of Trishula and turn it back against the Nekroz, but how that happened hasn't been covered yet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah an anime of this would be great.
It's nice how they've always set up each faction to have flaws and shortcomings that break them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

A Duel Terminal anime would be the coolest drat thing. Even a manga would be neat to have.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

All of this kind of makes me want to play gem-knights or shaddolls. Fusion is a satisfactory summoning method.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PLAY GEM-KNIGHTS.

They're so fun, especially with all of their newer support.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

PLAY GEM-KNIGHTS.

They're so fun, especially with all of their newer support.

But I just finished assembling the cards needed for ghostrick monarchs. I don't think much of my current collection would work in a gem-knight deck.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Pity nobody runs them ever.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ah ah.
Pot of Taboos' effect is made out of banned or heavily limited cards.
And it's called Pot of Taboos.
Maybe I am just easily amused but I find it hilarious.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Since we're talking Yu-gi-oh! lore, what's with all the magical pots with gross people faces

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ah ah.
Pot of Taboos' effect is made out of banned or heavily limited cards.
And it's called Pot of Taboos.
Maybe I am just easily amused but I find it hilarious.

No, I also got a kick out of that.

Pot of Greed, Giant Trunade, Raigeki, Forceful Sentry, in case anyone was wondering. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Since we're talking Yu-gi-oh! lore, what's with all the magical pots with gross people faces
I think it's just a trend started by pot of greed and cyber jar in the anime that is named after their unique trademark effect and pot-face/jar design.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 29, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How long is it probably gonna be until Lose 1 Turn goes down in price? Love to pick one or two of those up for Monarchs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
after it gets limited to 1 when everyone and their mother starts using them

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hey guys I've spent this evening playing Gem-Knights and tweaking my build and I have some advice for all of you if you ever face Gem-Knights.

Don't be stupid and fill your field up with Special Summoned Monsters unless you KNOW you can end the game that turn, because if you fill up your field and then don't end it there, Lady Lapis Lazuli is going to burn you to death.

It's stupid how many people on YGOPro I've burned to death tonight because they have no idea what modern Gem-Knights can do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

Hey guys I've spent this evening playing Gem-Knights and tweaking my build and I have some advice for all of you if you ever face Gem-Knights.

Don't be stupid and fill your field up with Special Summoned Monsters unless you KNOW you can end the game that turn, because if you fill up your field and then don't end it there, Lady Lapis Lazuli is going to burn you to death.

It's stupid how many people on YGOPro I've burned to death tonight because they have no idea what modern Gem-Knights can do.

Please tell me you've done Lapis - > Master Diamond combos.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Please tell me you've done Lapis - > Master Diamond combos.

Nope. I rarely go into Master Diamond, he's usually not worth the investment for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

Nope. I rarely go into Master Diamond, he's usually not worth the investment for me.

Psh. I guess you don't wanna be cool like Masumi after all. :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All of this Gem-Knight talk is really making me want to get a deck and play them. Or build one myself, but I have no idea what Gem-Knights really want (apart from some of their many, many Fusion Spells)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Psh. I guess you don't wanna be cool like Masumi after all. :colbert:

I'm cooler then Masumi. I use Lady Diamond to summon Lady Diamond to summon Lady Diamond to summon Lady Lapis. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nyaa posted:

I think it's just a trend started by pot of greed and cyber jar in the anime that is named after their unique trademark effect and pot-face/jar design.

I'm kinda surprised Cyber Jar is still banned actually. I mean, we have loving Raigeki back, how much harm could he possibly do?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Xoidanor posted:

I'm kinda surprised Cyber Jar is still banned actually. I mean, we have loving Raigeki back, how much harm could he possibly do?

Field Nuke, Mills for 5 technically and provides way more options, especially in this game age. where level 4 or lower means synchro's and Xyzs, and you could go from 5 cards to 10.

It maxes advantage.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Field Nuke, Mills for 5 technically and provides way more options, especially in this game age. where level 4 or lower means synchro's and Xyzs, and you could go from 5 cards to 10.

It maxes advantage.

But he's a filthy slow flip-effect monster who will never get to do that against tier 1 decks anyway. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

I'm pretty sure this isn't what Ygopro was made for.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unban all of the jars so I can make my jar based deck and rule the world with pottery.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Actually I meant from a lore standpoint. Like, is there a crazy magician in the YGO world holed up isome bunker that keeps enchanting pottery so that it looks like it wants to eat you and/or hasn't showered in a week? What's his story? How did he come to be what he is now?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There's no proper explanation about the multiple jars or why the pots have faces but there's a storyline involving all the jars and this charming fella

You can check the plot (and others) here

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's no proper explanation about the multiple jars or why the pots have faces but there's a storyline involving all the jars and this charming fella

This kind of makes me want to make a storyline deck of sorts...maybe a Dark Ruler Ha Des deck...though Ha Des doesn't seem very worthwhile in today's meta since there's barely any Flip Monsters used anymore.. who knows.

But...Skill Drain..hm.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This guy deserves his own spin-off.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Slur posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't what Ygopro was made for.

holy poo poo that chaos era hades guy is a weird dude I've talked to at the local game store. He just told me his ygopro name like a few days ago wtf. He is always there with his grandma who has to approve all his trades (he is like 25).

not sure why I'm sharing this but it's a bizarre unwanted coincidence. noooooo

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Wait, why would his grandma care about what cards does her grandson trade? Does she know the approsimative value of the cards?

...does she play? Is she good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

For the past few years, Konami's been bringing in YGO voice actors to do live duels at their WCQ events. They usually bring in actors who have new product coming up for the TCG (They had Mai vs. Yami when they had the new Harpie support coming up, Pegasus vs. Kaiba when the new Blue-Eyes deck was about to hit), and it's usually a pretty fun show to watch.

This year's event shouldn't disappoint either.

http://ygorganization.com/toonsandra/

PEGASUS VS. MARIK. :getin:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's so much stuff missing here. Best way to check out card storylines is to just look at the trivia pages for individual cards, they'll usually give you good info on what storylines (if any) a card is involved in.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 29, 2015