Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Wolfy posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress just happened. Cobalt edge.

e:zkill finally got everything on the br https://zkillboard.com/br/40014/

Hole Squad on that real poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like my Myrmidon :shobon:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Azuth0667 posted:

Nothing beats the catalyst for ending highsec pubbie dreams :colbert:

Thrasher does this well too, just in slightly different situations.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ribeye build not included in those Sabre EFT images, author clearly has rocks for brains.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Foehammer007 posted:

I did sabre for years, switched to flycatcher and haven't looked back. Always start with the sabre

The Flycatcher is definitely a better fleet dictor what with the whole 24k EHP thing, but it can't hold a candle to the Sabre for small-gang stuff.

YouTuber posted:

Ribeye build not included in those Sabre EFT images, author clearly has rocks for brains.
The 'Ribeye Sabre' has a cloak, which was not the subject of the post. Rocks for brains indeed!

It's also a bit out of date. If you're thinking of the one with the sensor booster and scram, I came up with that one anyway, he just popularized it. :colbert:

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
Lowsec incursions are the best loving thing. You set up a gatecamp en route from highsec and the idiocy just flows your way. First we killed a 2.4b vindicator on autopilot and then this guy's megathron:

A dead pubbie posted:

DovaKiiN Sarn > plz no
DovaKiiN Sarn > plz dont
DovaKiiN Sarn > incurtsions
DovaKiiN Sarn > pleease
DovaKiiN Sarn > damnit
DovaKiiN Sarn > i just wanted to do incursions
Rob Kaichin > lol
DovaKiiN Sarn > PLEASE DAMNIT
DovaKiiN Sarn > cOEM ON>
Imiptat No2 > not todaY
DovaKiiN Sarn > DAMNITCOME THE gently caress ON
DovaKiiN Sarn > NOOO PLEASE DONT DAMNIT
DovaKiiN Sarn > DAMNIT ASSHOLES
Rob Kaichin > RIP
DovaKiiN Sarn > FCUKNIG PIECE OF poo poo FUCKER NEED GO TO HE gently caress ON SOMEWHER
DovaKiiN Sarn > GOD DAMNIT I JUST WANTED TO DO INCURSIONS YOU PIECES OF poo poo
Rob Kaichin > Welcome to Low-sec
DovaKiiN Sarn > gently caress YOU rear end in a top hat
Rob Kaichin > u have to scout
DovaKiiN Sarn > PEICES OF poo poo FUCKERS
DovaKiiN Sarn > I CANT DUMBASS
DovaKiiN Sarn > only one loving account

EDIT: now with proof of idiocy

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 28, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Should have ransomed him first then killed him.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't he know he can have more then one character per account? Or is scouting per log on/log off too slow for him?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
So I'm new & dumb and left some poo poo back in highsec when I joined goonwaffe & suicided my way to Ya0.

What's the best way to retrieve it? Fly my rear end back? Have one of my other chars fly it to me? Do both of the above & meet halfway?

Libluini posted:

Doesn't he know he can have more then one character per account? Or is scouting per log on/log off too slow for him?

Who knows. Its pretty hard to miss the two whole grayed out character slots on login, but people are idiots so....

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boat posted:

So I'm new & dumb and left some poo poo back in highsec when I joined goonwaffe & suicided my way to Ya0.

What's the best way to retrieve it? Fly my rear end back? Have one of my other chars fly it to me? Do both of the above & meet halfway?

Who knows. Its pretty hard to miss the two whole grayed out character slots on login, but people are idiots so....

What stuff? It's probably worthless.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

AAPsel posted:

Lowsec incursions are the best loving thing. You set up a gatecamp en route from highsec and the idiocy just flows your way. First we killed a 2.4b vindicator on autopilot and then this guy's megathron:

He's got a pretty active killboard...

Oh and post the kill, it's not on there.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought the dragonborn guy was the vindicator.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 28, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You nerds should sell incursion permits like code dot sells mining permits.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Libluini posted:

But that would make him miss out on precious incursion time! Think of the ISK/h loss!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Libluini posted:

It would be too slow for me. But then again, I wouldn't jump multi-billion isk ships into dangerous places without a scout in the first place, soooooo

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

What stuff? It's probably worthless.

Specifically the Thermodynamics skillbook. I got it from some mission, but couldn't inject it because I didn't have the prerequisites, and just ditched it since I was planning in getting the Goonwaffe newbee skillbook pack. Well, Thermodynamics isn't in the pack & costs more than I have on hand since I spent a bunch of ISK on outfitting a ship.

I could sell some of the skillbooks I got duplicates of for the funds, but I was going to give them back into the newbee fund since that seems like the right thing to do with stuff I got for free through it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Boat posted:

Specifically the Thermodynamics skillbook. I got it from some mission, but couldn't inject it because I didn't have the prerequisites, and just ditched it since I was planning in getting the Goonwaffe newbee skillbook pack. Well, Thermodynamics isn't in the pack & costs more than I have on hand since I spent a bunch of ISK on outfitting a ship.

I could sell some of the skillbooks I got duplicates of for the funds, but I was going to give them back into the newbee fund since that seems like the right thing to do with stuff I got for free through it.

Just post your character name so you can receive a golden shower of isk. If it's boat.. omg.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Boat posted:

How much stuff are you talking about? If you are any sort of new player it's likely that whatever you left behind isn't worth the effort of collecting.

If you actually have stuff worth the trouble, you can either use an alt to move it to jita or have a highsec hauling service do it for you, and then use a JF service to bring it to Deklein for you. Trying to actually fly a ship between highsec and Dek is most likely to get it killed unless you are lucky or good (maybe both?) I have never even bothered trying it because I am terrible.

Edit:

Boat posted:

Specifically the Thermodynamics skillbook.
Oh. :shobon: Just forget about it, or better yet, repeat this story on mumble/jabber and people should help you out.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 28, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is there a decent Flycatcher fit with light missiles, or is it just in your face rockets? I don't care about the cloak.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Demiurge4 posted:

Is there a decent Flycatcher fit with light missiles, or is it just in your face rockets? I don't care about the cloak.

quote:

[Flycatcher, talwar++ copy 1]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
Interdiction Sphere Launcher I, Warp Disrupt Probe

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

They'll be getting SIGNIFICANTLY better next week due to the availability of MSEs and MWDs with lower fitting requirements.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

They'll be getting SIGNIFICANTLY better next week due to the availability of MSEs and MWDs with lower fitting requirements.

Cheers :) I want to make use of this to kill some of the interceptors that will undoubtedly show up on Saturday and figured lights was safer and more likely to get hits.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Cheers :) I want to make use of this to kill some of the interceptors that will undoubtedly show up on Saturday and figured lights was safer and more likely to get hits.

Cerberus has a RLML bonus. :ullerrm: :getin:

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Demiurge4 posted:

There's not a whole lot of reason to fit it with LMLs if you're using it as a normal interdictor, since its rockets outrange your web(s). You can use it as an LML kiter with or without a bubble launcher, but needing a grid mod and having only one lowslot limits its speed and DPS.

ullerrm posted:

Sort of. It won't really change the need for two fitting mods if you want any tank or a T2 disruptor, but it might let you fit an invuln instead of a painter. I haven't actually tried fitting one with the new mod stats, so I could be wrong, but it should only be gaining 2 grid and maybe 10 CPU?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
LML interdictors just feel like a square peg weapon in a round hole tackle method. You're under 20km from your target if you want to keep them bubbled, why use missiles with a 40-60 km range? No-bubble dictors used to be a thing in lowsec but I have the feeling that T3Ds have completely replaced that.

Unless you're in a gang I guess. My EFT has a heretic labeled "Stim lml" that must have come from Flanders, but half the slots are empty from module changes.

Demiurge4 posted:

A dictor is supremely useless vs interceptors.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Klyith posted:

A dictor is supremely useless vs interceptors.
Everything is useless vs interceptors if they don't want to engage you. If there are enough interceptors that they'll willingly engage a Flycatcher, you're probably gonna die no matter what. If one or two decide to play with an LML Flycatcher, you still won't be able to do anything but drive them off (if you can catch a dumb one in an LML fit with a long point, you'd also catch and more easily kill it with a dual web scram rocket fit). You definitely don't want to use one with a giant gaping EM hole against Maledictions, which will always have EM missiles.

So yeah, LMLs are really only good for niche stuff like being able to apply some damage in a larger gang after bubbling and burning off.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Klyith posted:

Unless you're in a gang I guess. My EFT has a heretic labeled "Stim lml" that must have come from Flanders, but half the slots are empty from module changes.

Those had no bubble launchers. We were abusing the ridiculous ROF that LMLs used to have, and the resist bonuses of the Heretic, to make a lowsec 60km kiting platform.

quote:

[Heretic, Robopleasure's Heretic]
Internal Force Field Array I
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Ballistic Control System II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-Thermic Pump I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator II

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Those had no bubble launchers. We were abusing the ridiculous ROF that LMLs used to have, and the resist bonuses of the Heretic, to make a lowsec 60km kiting platform.

A sort of "bigger" garmur?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Interceptors: no risk and numerous rewards thanks fozzie :black101:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mikey posted:

Everything is useless vs interceptors
full stop.

I'm getting pretty tired of it, and honestly I was one of the people who thought nullified 'ceptors were a cool thing back when they happened and ratters should suck it up. But the fact that the best way to kill them is gimmick "trap" fits like a RLML Drake or some other complete bullshit is just grinding away at me. The non-interaction of three terrible systems -- afk ratters, coward interceptors, and useless defense gangs neutered by the loss of bridges as the homefield advantage -- is just so broken in a game that's all about meaningful player interaction. gently caress.

I'm all for nullsec having more risk, but an invincible quadboxed malediction gang is about the stupidest way to deliver it as I can imagine. Would honestly prefer it if there was a 1% chance every hour of use that your own drones would go rogue and turn against you. At least that way there wouldn't be some smirking :ccp: guy pretending that this was a PVP situation.

NyxBiker posted:

A sort of "bigger" garmur?
Was before the garmur & orthus came out.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Cerberus has a RLML bonus. :ullerrm: :getin:

Well then, do go on :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided to live in the south for a little while (I did this with no prior research beforehand, it was a spur of the moment thing). It was kinda lame and I wouldn't recommend it, lots of reds to shoot though. Turns out almost all of our enemies live there.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Klyith posted:

full stop.

I'm getting pretty tired of it, and honestly I was one of the people who thought nullified 'ceptors were a cool thing back when they happened and ratters should suck it up. But the fact that the best way to kill them is gimmick "trap" fits like a RLML Drake or some other complete bullshit is just grinding away at me. The non-interaction of three terrible systems -- afk ratters, coward interceptors, and useless defense gangs neutered by the loss of bridges as the homefield advantage -- is just so broken in a game that's all about meaningful player interaction. gently caress.

I'm all for nullsec having more risk, but an invincible quadboxed malediction gang is about the stupidest way to deliver it as I can imagine. Would honestly prefer it if there was a 1% chance every hour of use that your own drones would go rogue and turn against you. At least that way there wouldn't be some smirking :ccp: guy pretending that this was a PVP situation.

Was before the garmur & orthus came out.

I think hictors should be able to catch everything that would otherwise be nullified. They're rarely flown at the moment due to their high price and how vulnerable they can be, letting them take away nullification would go someway to off-setting this and provide a suitable risk/reward counter for intys.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

pseudanonymous posted:

Just post your character name so you can receive a golden shower of isk. If it's boat.. omg.

Yeah, I've heard that name is...tainted.

Thankfully I went with something else, I'm Talmarc Basiat in game.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Boat posted:

Yeah, I've heard that name is...tainted.

Thankfully I went with something else, I'm Talmarc Basiat in game.

I'll contract you one in Ya0 when I log in tonight. I have a few stashed.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
How do you fix interceptors without either making them worthless or completely remodeling the games netcode? Like ideally you would do away with the 1 second tick and all the bullshit that comes with it but I think that's pretty unlikely at this point in the games life cycle.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

mikey posted:

Everything is useless vs interceptors if they don't want to engage you.

Could you smartbomb them or is it too few ticks before they warp?

Of course you would need to know where they are heading.

AAPsel posted:

EDIT: now with proof of idiocy

I really never understood why people would fly those things without T2 guns. The "long" train it used to be is no longer a thing anyway.

supersnowman fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 29, 2015

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered

causticBeet posted:

How do you fix interceptors without either making them worthless or completely remodeling the games netcode? Like ideally you would do away with the 1 second tick and all the bullshit that comes with it but I think that's pretty unlikely at this point in the games life cycle.

They just need to have a non-trivial align time and other cost if they're actually nullified. People have suggested lots of options, like making nullification a low slot module you could fit only on interceptors and T3s that included an align time and/or signature penalty. That way they avoid non-targeted warp disrupt effects at the costs of increasing their vulnerability to targeted warp disrupt effects.

Borachon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 29, 2015

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Borachon posted:

They just need to have a non-trivial align time and other cost if they're actually nullified. People have suggested lots of options, like making nullification was a low slot module you could fit only on interceptors and T3s that included an align time and/or signature penalty. That way they avoid non-targeted warp disrupt effects at the costs of increasing their vulnerability to targeted warp disrupt effects.

What's the point of a non cloaky nullified ship ? Like great I can't be bubbled but the sabre can just long point me anyways.

I'd like to see them more cemented as support/tackle ships. Maybe reduce their combat efficiency but add things like web effectiveness, even more sig reduction. Instead of having a "combat" and "tackle" interceptor, why not have combat and travel. Travel captors can be insta warp nullfied whatever but with no bonused weps, and combat ones are similar to how they are now for tackle.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

causticBeet posted:

What's the point of a non cloaky nullified ship ? Like great I can't be bubbled but the sabre can just long point me anyways.

I'd like to see them more cemented as support/tackle ships. Maybe reduce their combat efficiency but add things like web effectiveness, even more sig reduction. Instead of having a "combat" and "tackle" interceptor, why not have combat and travel. Travel captors can be insta warp nullfied whatever but with no bonused weps, and combat ones are similar to how they are now for tackle.

You warp out before you're pointed.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

causticBeet posted:

Scouting.

But seriously, do interceptors pose any real threat beyond killing afk players? Windrunners are hilarious but are definitely a support/thirdparty gimmick. It's not like a pack of roaming interceptors is going to be able to do anything beyond looking for easy ganks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pugnax posted:

Scouting.

But seriously, do interceptors pose any real threat beyond killing afk players? Windrunners are hilarious but are definitely a support/thirdparty gimmick. It's not like a pack of roaming interceptors is going to be able to do anything beyond looking for easy ganks.

Enough of them can kill any ratter. They are essentially a risk-free area denial tool.

• Locked thread