Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

10 Year old girl gives her thoughts on the game

Fun read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
:siren: :siren: Amazon Wave 4 Availability :siren: :siren:

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new characters are extremely limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have the opportunity to get the new figures!

Throughout the afternoon of Friday, May 29, we'll be posting each Wave 4 amiibo figure individually within the following time windows. Each will become available for purchase at a random time during that time frame. Mark your calendars for the following times this Friday!

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina: 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

We're limiting each amiibo figure to 1 per customer, and we'll be disabling 1-Click Ordering. Additionally, it'd be helpful to make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We've seen a tremendous amount of interest for the latest wave of amiibo figures and we're always working with Nintendo to get our hands on more. While we cannot guarantee that every customer who wants an amiibo will be able to purchase one when they become available on May 29th, we are doing our best to make sure customers have an opportunity to purchase their favorite characters!

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty over the years.

~Amazon.com Video Games

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

"we don't know what the gently caress is up with you nerds so here's a lovely roulette"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

This kid appreciates the importance of the salty runback

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Not a Children posted:

"we don't know what the gently caress is up with you nerds so here's a lovely roulette"

"Here are the time windows to get the figures you want, non overlapping, and limit one per customer" is about as far from a roulette as you can get.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I dunno how but Nintendo figured out how to turn small plastic toys into loving nerd heroin.

Need that 3 pack after being betrayed by Walmart

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lemming posted:

I dunno how but Nintendo figured out how to turn small plastic toys into loving nerd heroin.

Need that 3 pack after being betrayed by Walmart

Was your 3-pack cancelled or have you just not yet got a shipping notice on it?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

When I make the new thread this weekend, should I title it "Goons in Splatoons"?

Splatoon: Blood, Boobs, and Bad Words

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jivjov posted:

Was your 3-pack cancelled or have you just not yet got a shipping notice on it?

Canceled. They sent an email.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am going to try to get the amiibos at 10 am tomorrow after Splatooning all night and if I do not get them that will be okay, because I have a day of Splatooning ahead of me. Jumping through stupid hoops to get amiibos is insane and I am not doing that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

sharrrk posted:

Splatoon: Blood, Boobs, and Bad Words

Splatoon- Q: Are we not kids? A: We Are Squid

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lemming posted:

Canceled. They sent an email.

Ouch. I have an order that's still listed as processing...but no shipping confirmation yet. I ordered a Charizard along with the 3-pack to get free shipping and I wonder if that's what's causing a hold up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Installing. gently caress! I'm excited. poo poo!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jivjov posted:

Ouch. I have an order that's still listed as processing...but no shipping confirmation yet. I ordered a Charizard along with the 3-pack to get free shipping and I wonder if that's what's causing a hold up.

Initially the estimated arrival date was June 5th when I chose whatever shipping was cheapest so it's probably just going to take that long.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

jivjov posted:

Huh, they gave me free shipping even on my single Amibos, that's weird. But my Splatoon pack shipped and the order with Charizard didn't, so that could be it. They were placed on the same day, so maybe some just got to the warehouse sooner than others.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Target.com says the three pack is up for purchase right now in local stores despite the game not being available yet

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Preloading games is great. I can't wait to play later.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007

quote:

Though I didn’t like the Wii U motion controls at all. I turned those off. I just use the joysticks.

Kid knows what's up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bizarro Buddha posted:

Kid knows what's up.

The foolish casual....

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm going to do what a dumb child does, that'll be smart!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SirPhoebos posted:

The SNES Bazooka gets no love :smith:

edit: actually I forgot that it was in Smash Brother Melee :unsmith:

It's in Wonderful 101, too!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I was gonna get it on disc tomorrow, but I said 'gently caress it', cleared off some HD space, and pre-purchased and downloaded the game. Here we loving go :f5:

Can't believe the UK already has it unlocked though, lucky bastards.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This game rules. And god motion controls are bad

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I was gonna get it on disc tomorrow, but I said 'gently caress it', cleared off some HD space, and pre-purchased and downloaded the game. Here we loving go :f5:

Can't believe the UK already has it unlocked though, lucky bastards.

Unlocked yes, but the eShop is struggling so it's pretty slow downloading.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bown posted:

This game rules. And god motion controls are bad

Actually, they're insanely good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If they were insanely good I would have said that mate!!!!!

Seriously other than not having enough maps (I already played these ones to death during the testfire) this is insanely fun and great and is going to take up a lot of my time imo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That 10 year old girl is approaching the game with more maturity and tactics than 90% of the 40 year old men who will be playing it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

chumbler posted:

That 10 year old girl is approaching the game with more maturity and tactics than 90% of the 40 year old men who will be playing it.

Ok

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so in the city today at nintendo world there was a line going down the entire block full of people waiting in line for amiibos and splatoon it was so cute all the cosplayers dressed as squids nd kids i bet it'd be so fun to like bring a pullout chair and yur 3ds and meet people on line! wish i lived in the city so i could do these kinds of things but it was still nice to even get to see. i bought so much poo poo at nintendo world Lmao like 3 shirts, 3 peach plushies and a wheel for mario kart. and i also picked up another one of my fav volumes of hxh the one with the christian inspired artwork on the cover…with the royal guards. i love that one. anyways i had a great day today

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

so in the city today at nintendo world there was a line going down the entire block full of people waiting in line for amiibos and splatoon it was so cute all the cosplayers dressed as squids nd kids i bet it'd be so fun to like bring a pullout chair and yur 3ds and meet people on line! wish i lived in the city so i could do these kinds of things but it was still nice to even get to see. i bought so much poo poo at nintendo world Lmao like 3 shirts, 3 peach plushies and a wheel for mario kart. and i also picked up another one of my fav volumes of hxh the one with the christian inspired artwork on the cover…with the royal guards. i love that one. anyways i had a great day today

Is nintendo world chronically out of amiibos too? I've never been into amiibos but I'd pick up the 3-pack for Splatoon if I could. I work in the city so I could always swing by after work but something tells me I already know the answer to my dumb, dumb question.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is nintendo world chronically out of amiibos too? I've never been into amiibos but I'd pick up the 3-pack for Splatoon if I could. I work in the city so I could always swing by after work but something tells me I already know the answer to my dumb, dumb question.

They seem to get shipments of rare ones on a pretty regular basis and post about it on Twitter. I have no idea what they look like day to day, I only go there when visiting family in NY, and the last time was just before Amiibos were released.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I'm officially pissed off at you motherfucking digital game buyers for getting to play before me. I apparently have the only halfway decent gamestop (well stocked, friendly + knowledgeable staff) in the universe, so I preordered through them, and also I need the game case to put on my games shelf. They're not doing a midnight release though so I have to wait til tomorrow morning to start inking.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

jivjov posted:

amiibo stuff

do we know which amiibos have which games?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sade posted:

I'm officially pissed off at you motherfucking digital game buyers for getting to play before me. I apparently have the only halfway decent gamestop (well stocked, friendly + knowledgeable staff) in the universe, so I preordered through them, and also I need the game case to put on my games shelf. They're not doing a midnight release though so I have to wait til tomorrow morning to start inking.

Poor life choices

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Anime Curator posted:

Poor life choices

nbd, I'm going to see mad max tonight anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for UK people: there's a notice on the eShop that says buying Splatoon or some other games digitally will give you an Amiibo discount code for Nintendo UK's online store.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's like 10% off one Amiibo. Not great but if you're still looking to fill gaps in your collection could be helpful.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

As soon as I hit level 4 I bought a set of gear with what I thought was a good spread of abilities - faster ink refill, lose less special gauge on death, faster swim speed. Then when that gear levelled up the first two also gained swim speed.

I am the fastest squid

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Suaimhneas posted:

As soon as I hit level 4 I bought a set of gear with what I thought was a good spread of abilities - faster ink refill, lose less special gauge on death, faster swim speed. Then when that gear levelled up the first two also gained swim speed.

I am the fastest squid

I focused on run speed so I am the fastest kid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Is there an IRC or are we just using nintengoons?

• Locked thread