Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Don't forget that interview about how great it is to be famous because women "open their legs" for you but they're all crazy and after his fame!!

Really I cringe every time Woolie goes on about how cool and awesome he is but Woolie has a hosed up perspective on famous people anyway.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
some very cool and awesome people say stupid poo poo / have bad beliefs, but are still awesome

liam likes nep nep, and really there's no more damning character attribute, but we accept him

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think "I made a dumb video about Superman and wrote an okay movie" makes up for "I have a lovely and narrowminded view on fifty percent of the human population"

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I forgot what's nep nep stand for

this is clearly important info

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Indecisive posted:

Hyper Dimension Neptunia.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Indecisive posted:

It's a nickname for the main character of hyperdimension neptunia, Neptunia.

Edit: gently caress beaten. My ire will echo. I'm leaving it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh ok

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Don't forget that interview about how great it is to be famous because women "open their legs" for you but they're all crazy and after his fame!!

Really I cringe every time Woolie goes on about how cool and awesome he is but Woolie has a hosed up perspective on famous people anyway.

After watching the documentary on Dan Harmon, I can totally understand liking someone for a long time without knowing how much of a human shitberg they are. I assume he just doesn't know, and likes the things he did.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

After watching the documentary on Dan Harmon, I can totally understand liking someone for a long time without knowing how much of a human shitberg they are. I assume he just doesn't know, and likes the things he did.

Dan Harmon is more of a depressed, self-destructive rear end in a top hat (the rear end in a top hat people don't like being around) instead of prejudiced rich rear end in a top hat (the rear end in a top hat everyone loves).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
see also: chevy chase

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hubris.height posted:

see also: chevy chase

Chevy Chase was the second one and everyone went and shat on him publicly super-hard until he became more of the first one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watching the new LIS. Jesus, but David is such a cardboard cutout it's driving me crazy.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Frank must have really, REALLY liked those beans!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

The games are terrible but I like the idea of an anime girl 32x.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I hope there's a Dreamcast one that everybody hates and calls a failure all the time. I know basically nothing of Neptunia because I'm not a loser.

edit: Well, not that big of a loser anyway. I did get suckered into watching the Life is Strange playthrough so I am at least somewhat of a loser if only in the sense that I lost many things watching it, humanity included.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like Liam's now a "legacy platform" outside of Japan and Asia.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The quiet little 'fappo' on this week's podcast was perfectly delivered and completely caught me off guard, I totally lost it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That computer password "puzzle" was pretty dickish even if it's more involved than most Telltale things. Still, it seems the guys keep missing some obvious thing for multiple minutes at a time in this part of the game. I just wish they took their time some more, they try to rush past a lot of stuff when they don't really have to.
And yeah the writers seemed to have stopped trying to make David sympathetic in any way.

CJacobs posted:

I hope there's a Dreamcast one that everybody hates and calls a failure all the time. I know basically nothing of Neptunia because I'm not a loser.

edit: Well, not that big of a loser anyway. I did get suckered into watching the Life is Strange playthrough so I am at least somewhat of a loser if only in the sense that I lost many things watching it, humanity included.
I'm a loser so I can tell you they made Dreamcast basically a female JoJo/Star Platinum. GameGear is the failure everyone makes fun of.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Superman is okay sometimes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The thing about Superman is he's a poorly-written Squirrel Girl almost all the time. Squirrel Girl can do anything and beat anyone just like Superman can, but she's a fun character. Superman is about as fun as a block of wood.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Without Superman we would not have Doomsday, the Broly of comics. And the more Broly the better I say.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJt2eYCVE7c

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That is probably my favorite episode. Yeah Batman and Superman get off on the wrong foot and all but it so hilarious how Batman's methods are to someone who never seen him fight.

My favorite moment is when Robin tells him to kick the desk over and you can tell Superman is giving the..are you serious look.

And then of course when Bane goes Oh poo poo when he thought killed Batman with the statue and he just brushes it off.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 28, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Bruce Timm era of DC cartoons is probably the greatest group of cartoons ever made, from Batman in the beginning to the end with JLU. So much character, craft, and style was crammed into a comparatively minimalist art style(seriously, just look at anyone's feet). So many pretty serious things dealt with in what should have been a children's show, but oftentimes really, really wasn't(Darkseid killing Dan Turpin on screen and Superman's subsequent impotent fury was really loving powerful even as a kid). It's a real shame it eventually ended.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't realize we'd caught up so far to Bloodborne, the patch that made Chunks buyable came out this week.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Pat's FF14 addiction has something to do with this.

(Woolie being out of town for roughly two weeks also had something to do with it).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i've tapped out on bloodborne, nothing interesting seems to be happening anymore. life is strange is pretty boring for me, too. i'm sure both these playthroughs have high points and fans, though.

looking forward to what the next set will be. sonic adventures and castlevania were awesome.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

We should have Freedom Planet coming up. Game of Thrones 4 will happen whenever the episode comes out. Beyond that I'm not sure what's next.

e: Probably more Mystery Box.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If nothing else, it's the episode where Pat brings up Snailborne.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
freedom planet will probably be cool, and you gotta love the mystery box.

i tapped out on got on episode 1, mostly because i plan to buy the "all episodes at once" edition and play it with my wife.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

MrAristocrates posted:

If nothing else, it's the episode where Pat brings up Snailborne.

It's also the episode where they figure out why their frenzy bar is so low.

"So we were rocking that at max!?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm disappointed they didn't talk to the rear end in a top hat guy in the church when they were taking stock of everyone going batshit under the paleblood moon, because he's the only one that retains his sanity throughout the entire game. THE ONLY ONE. Everyone else you can bring to the chapel goes fuckin bananas except for that dude because he's just too stupid to understand the scope of what's happening. Like, that's the real explanation. He's too dumb and has no insight because he doesn't buy into that poo poo, so he doesn't go insane.

His name is even "Narrow Minded Man" because he literally is narrow-minded, no eyeballs on his brain or anything.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i've tapped out on bloodborne, nothing interesting seems to be happening anymore. life is strange is pretty boring for me, too. i'm sure both these playthroughs have high points and fans, though.

looking forward to what the next set will be.

FWIW they're pretty much at the end of the game if you're unfamiliar - this is the final area (plus an optional area) and the next 3 out of the remaining 6 bosses are pissssss easy and somewhat close to each other.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

please release me from this From Software hell

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

loving :laffo: the end of the latest bloodborne video has an honest to god Wile E. Coyote moment complete with Pat literally turning his character completely around mid-the fall to his death. I can't stop rewinding those final 4 seconds.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't think those six strength points made a noticeable impact, by the way.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's because the axe isn't very good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MrAristocrates posted:

That's because the axe isn't very good.

It is good (that moveset tho), it just has bad scaling. It would be the Drake Sword if the other weapons had good scaling before +7, too.

I'll engage in Complaintsouls tho and go "hey, you know those gem things multiply your damage, right? You kinda have a bunch of new ones. You should probably check 'em out".

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
You guys have a lets play or specific video you go back to and watch every couple of months? I like to watch through Rustlemania every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I go back and watch RE2 every once in a while. I've always liked how low-key it is. I think I've re-watched at least part of every lp that I watched in the first place, except for I Have No Mouth and DS2.