Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i liked ds2 combat feel with 32 ADP and <30% equip load. especially being able to roll in any direction which u cant in ds1 ... the games altogther tacky compared to ds1 tho. but dlc gud

same. i also liked the huge volume of weapons in ds2, especially all the boss items because they all looked cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've uploaded my first ever video of myself playing video games for other people to watch. next stop, lp superstardom. i was wrong about the bolt paper, the last few hits were just regular r1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qou1n4VHFk4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've uploaded my first ever video of myself playing video games for other people to watch. next stop, lp superstardom. i was wrong about the bolt paper, the last few hits were just regular r1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qou1n4VHFk4

Nicely done. What's your PSN and do you still want to do the coop run? With the lower restrictions on the insight shop my guy go is ready to go, I haven't touched him since I reached Gascoigne. I can play tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also playing a souls game at 60fps without having to mess with ini fixes and broken physics is cool. Majula feels...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Nicely done. What's your PSN and do you still want to do the coop run? With the lower restrictions on the insight shop my guy go is ready to go, I haven't touched him since I reached Gascoigne. I can play tonight

i think it's oriolebird6407. i would like to do some co-op tonight if you wanted to do up to blood starved, but i'm not going to be free until around 11:00 est

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i think it's oriolebird6407. i would like to do some co-op tonight if you wanted to do up to blood starved, but i'm not going to be free until around 11:00 est

Sounds good, I'll play dsII till then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played SOTFS for all of 30 minutes before finding out something new: I never knew the ballistas could hurt friendly phantoms, which I found out after I speared in back by the host

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I played SOTFS for all of 30 minutes before finding out something new: I never knew the ballistas could hurt friendly phantoms, which I found out after I speared in back by the host

lol, those things are awful. i spent a few hours doing dedicated co-op against pursuer after rushing to get the agape ring, and my first move was always baiting him over there to destroy the ballistas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

lol, those things are awful. i spent a few hours doing dedicated co-op against pursuer after rushing to get the agape ring, and my first move was always baiting him over there to destroy the ballistas

Haha. I was trying to fight the pursuer while 3 other people were trying to bait him into a specific corner to spam the ballistas and I didn't realize that until they unleashed a volley and obliterated me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kirkhammer is definitely one of the most satisfying souls weapons ever

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm past Gascoigne and at the beginning of old yarnham / opened the gate to central cathedral area if anyone wants to do some lower level coop

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haha. I was trying to fight the pursuer while 3 other people were trying to bait him into a specific corner to spam the ballistas and I didn't realize that until they unleashed a volley and obliterated me

it's weird what sort of hoops people will jump through to cheese a boss when it's usually easier to just, like, dodge it, and hit it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it's weird what sort of hoops people will jump through to cheese a boss when it's usually easier to just, like, dodge it, and hit it

especially with 4 freakin people to bounce the aggro around

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyway, i'm online right now if someone wants to pick a password and post it here. i've never done a password game before, so i'm not sure how it works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing Guilty Gear Xrd but once I have a last game I'll hop on and make a password. We basically just have to set the same password and then we can play together. I'll set it and then ring the summoning bell outside Gascoigne.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

anyway, i'm online right now if someone wants to pick a password and post it here. i've never done a password game before, so i'm not sure how it works.

step 1
input password in network settings

step 2
ring bell

step 3
:holy:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
after getting owned by trash mobs, my game crashed when i was being summoned, jfc!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

after getting owned by trash mobs, my game crashed when i was being summoned, jfc!

Then we worked Gascoigne so it was all worth it. I think the summons in this game make bosses more fun rather than trivial bc the dude who gets summoned has like 20% health always

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't notice until now, but there's a constant low, ominous groan whenever your bell is on. it's pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The old yarnham guy who warns you to leave sounds so freakin cool. drat this game is good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got bsb down to a sliver of his lifebar and then died to poison in his phase 3. it was fun though. i'll keep that character there if you want to play over the weekend at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heres me and sector developing new elevator strats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2hhPzfacA

and heres us pwning gascoigne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BdK7adAgn8

i nevre realized how easy it was to uplaod this stuff. we need to start capitalizing on the youtube dollars

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll make a goofy voice, a backstory for my lp persona, and an intro graphic for our video series in preparation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'll make a goofy voice, a backstory for my lp persona, and an intro graphic for our video series in preparation

I'll gain 60 lbs and grow a goatee.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I laugh every time you do the joy motion when the elevator closes on your face. I watched it like 4 or 5 times when shortening the clip

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think that was shortly before i misjudged the range of the mob on the flaming boulder bridge and died in one hit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i think that was shortly before i misjudged the range of the mob on the flaming boulder bridge and died in one hit

I included that part in the vid of course

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the whip cane isn't as good as the kirkhammer, but it's definitely fun

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Wet nurse was dissapointing but gehrman owned. Extremely reminiscent of gwyn right down to parry spam being the easiest way to win. Now to start over as an arcane build. Might try a no parry run, at least for bosses.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Saki posted:

Wet nurse was dissapointing but gehrman owned. Extremely reminiscent of gwyn right down to parry spam being the easiest way to win. Now to start over as an arcane build. Might try a no parry run, at least for bosses.

godspeed

my next run is a skill run with a character using the whip/cane but I'm stuck in the witcher hole ATM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saki posted:

Why would you try a no parry run, that doesn't seem very fun at all

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

The whip is amazing against a lot of bosses. The r2 makes it easy to hit their weak points.

As for parrying it became kind of a crutch against certain bosses. Bsb, logarius and gehrman I basically just parried to death and didn't really learn their mechanics. Still enjoyed them though.

Dec 26, 2012

their mechanics are "you should be parrying them to death" for the most part

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

their mechanics are "you should be parrying them to death" for the most part

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think for this run I'll go skill again and kill Eileen ASAP for the blades of mercy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that sounds cool

i kind of want to do that, seeing as they're skill weapons anyway

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Blades of mercy with burial blade as your alt weapon is a very fun setup. How does the pvp work? Is there a sl we should be aiming for? There's no agape ring equivalent is there?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saki posted:

Blades of mercy with burial blade as your alt weapon is a very fun setup. How does the pvp work? Is there a sl we should be aiming for? There's no agape ring equivalent is there?

There's no soul memory at all so no.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

i think for this run I'll go skill again and kill Eileen ASAP for the blades of mercy

It's not worth it. You still gotta drop 40k souls on purchasing them which is like infinity at that stage in the game. I did it on a new char and realized my error.

Also you don't get the Hunter rune, which is by far the best covenant caryll rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

It's not worth it. You still gotta drip 40k souls on purchasing them which is like infinity at that stage in the game. I did it on a new char and realized my error.

Coop run is easier because I get double the souls in every area at about the same pace. All I did was get to bsb and die and I got 11k souls, and that's 1/2 of a failed run. Solo would be kind of a pain that early but with this it's manageable