Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
my face is so red right now you'd think my face voted 80% for romeny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've been watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. Good show.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

too bad you don't live in a real country where red is the color of the left

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

did you drink an alcohol

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

did you drink an alcohol

lot f an alcohol in fact

cider and wine

not barfing my guts out though so i'd say it went well! still midlly hungover tho

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

maye a liter tops? of cider and a bit of wine

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I've found the definitive proof of Queen Bey's supremacy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gXUr5_2LcA

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

too bad you don't live in a real country where red is the color of the left

I think you'll find there is only one real country Comrade

it is america

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PupsOfWar posted:

I think you'll find there is only one real country Comrade

*pops comically out of cornfield*

full communism now yall

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

pops lived through mao and though there's a lot of ways i don't agree with pops i at least agree with him that the cultura revolution was shite

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

pops lived through mao and though there's a lot of ways i don't agree with pops i at least agree with him that the cultura revolution was shite

this is a bold position you're taking here

also there are like five poppy seeds in this poppy seed bread

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
do you know how profound it is to have the richest men on the planet as 2 scotch ducks locked in a race to hoard treasure

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

go fight that guy who was talking up mao

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

SedanChair posted:

do you know how profound it is to have the richest men on the planet as 2 scotch ducks locked in a race to hoard treasure

a-woo-ooo

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The Warszawa posted:

go fight that guy who was talking up mao

the techie scum from oakland/sf? i can hunt him down and give him a wedgie he'll never forget

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

icantfindaname posted:

by the way you should watch kyousougiga if you want an actual good anime

So I did this, and what the gently caress did I just watch?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

why do i have two copies of tocqueville's democracy in america

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
The pacing of the dialogue made Excel Saga seem relaxed and laid back.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SedanChair posted:

one of them was afrikaner

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

*pops comically out of cornfield*

full communism now yall

yall seize the means of production now y'hear

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
also i didnt read all of this but my impression is that its a garbage take on mad max

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/05/mad-max-fury-road-review/

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Swan Oat posted:

also i didnt read all of this but my impression is that its a garbage take on mad max

it's jacobin

so you're not wrong

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Volkerball posted:

Popov is good

:dogbutton:

please seek help for your severe alcoholism

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

yall seize the means of production now y'hear

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Swan Oat posted:

I was willing to humor it until the author suggests that the West is not patriarchal, which is :dogbutton: as gently caress.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

why do i have two copies of tocqueville's democracy in america

Tomes I, II?

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Swan Oat posted:

Let me sum it up for you: The women kept as slaves should not have been freed because *waves hands* western imperialist culture.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

one of them was afrikaner

hahaha holy poo poo they changed him to scottish in the show

I really should read every single one of the comics, there has never been a page where I wasn't amazed

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

I really should read every single one of the comics, there has never been a page where I wasn't amazed

What are we talking about? Scrooge McDuck?

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

A Huge Idiot posted:

Unlike the modern liberal subject, the Others (like Joe) are inseparable from the mask. They do not identify themselves as abstract individuals, minds floating above and choosing culture. Rather, they are completely dominated by it and, lacking individuality, are unfree. They are, essentially, things, which the archetypal liberal individual — embodied in Max and Furiosa — must save us from.

Indeed, this is the battle cry of Joe’s escaped wives: “we are not things.” But the wives are not protesting the reduction of human beings to the status of passive objects forced to devote themselves and their labor to a system that produces inequality and alienation, or as the film depicts, societal collapse. Instead, they are declaring their freedom from tradition and culture — indicating their separation from and superiority to the forces of social “backwardness.”

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

SedanChair posted:

this was when the apartheid regime knew it was doomed

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are we talking about? Scrooge McDuck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flintheart_Glomgold

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
interest check for ck2 after the end (post apoc america mod) this saturday ~morning/afternoon (will finalize a time when i get the list of players)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

So I did this, and what the gently caress did I just watch?

a good show with good feminist values directed by a woman

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:aaaaa:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Swan Oat posted:

We found the Marxist version of PFT Commenter, wow.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Today was weedy pedo guy's birthday, so we all went out to the Cheesecake Factory tonight
I was tempted along by the chance to meet Muttering Obama Climate Change Guy's new girlfriend, and big black anime friend went along because it would count towards his ILS goals of getting out and socializing more

The problem is that MOCCG's girlfriend has to bring along her kids, which is suddenly sprung on us right as we've arrived
This boots us up to 7 seats, which is an hour & a half long wait instead of a 15 minute one
So we hang out at the Barnes & Noble for a while
While I'm there I sit down in the comics aisle and read a Hellboy volume, and eventually an older Asian gentleman with two missing teeth wants to check past me. I apologize and shift to the side, but he apologizes for making me move and then decides that since I'm the kind of dweeb who would sit on the floor in front of the comic book section then I must know about the logistics of copyright law and how it is applied to fancomics in America, and asks me about it. We then proceed to talk for nearly a half an hour about the state of the fan writer/artist/doujin community in both America & Japan, and how the respective country's laws impact the way that they function

After getting a call that our table is ready and still no word back from MOCCG's girlfriend we finally go into the Cheesecake Factory and weedy guy stands around nervously and doesn't ask about our table until I forcibly flag down a waiter and stand him in front of weedy guy
We sit down and wait another half an hour for MOCCG's girlfriend to contact us, and I order an appetizer during this time
We finally give up on her despite MOCCG's protests and order our food, only for me to discover something while eating my appetizer: my cracked filling has made my teeth incredibly thermally sensitive, and my tramadol has worn off by now
So I have to call a cab to pick me up from the Cheesecake Factory and rush me home so I could take my pill

And that's where we catch up to now

Also weedy pedo guy brought me my sandwich I ordered and paid for it too, which was nice of him

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
is it possible obama guy's gf isn't real

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That Jacobin guy sounds like he wrote a lot of words so he could pretend it is totally cool of him to be mad about women refusing to be sex slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

i know

plus this is bad as hell, look at him

• Locked thread