Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Pudding
Aug 7, 2010
Holy poo poo.

Unfortunately it does not replace every level song with the awful/incredible MIDI rendition of Them Bones from that one Doom 2 level. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Convex posted:

To go with weird plastic demon guy, here's weird plastic Cacodemon from an old PC Zone mag

I'd totally be fine with Doom 4's Cacodemons looking like that.

At any rate, it'd be more visually appealing than Doom 3's Cacodemons, which just look bizarre, what with having nine eyes instead of one, and even having some kind of vestigial foot or something on their underside. They're not even red!

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v_0HD7iOz4

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jblade posted:

There certainly was, and I have the good fortune to own a copy!

I wrote about it before, but the main plot point is that the villain has a device that basically moves continents around and his plan is to recreate Pangaia. At one point Australia is moving so fast it creates a wind current.

I don't think I need to say much else for the quality of the book :v:
I couldn't find it on Amazon at all. Then I put the first one in my cart and it showed up in the recommendations at the bottom of the screen.

Is Doom 3 going to misbehave if I install it on Windows 7 from the original disks? I never finished it when it was new, and don't feel like waiting for a sale on BFG Edition.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Casimir Radon posted:

Is Doom 3 going to misbehave if I install it on Windows 7 from the original disks? I never finished it when it was new, and don't feel like waiting for a sale on BFG Edition.

Yes, horribly. I can't even get my copy to run in widescreen or at a decent framerate, and I'm on brand-new hardware. I tried for a week or so and just gave up. No great loss, Demonsteele or Hideous Destructor is more fun for me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey Kins, is there any possible way that I could get a track listing for Reelism? I'm hearing a lot of 'familiar-but-can't-place-them' tracks.

Also, blasting jerks on that bridge while listening to Top Man's theme is :black101: as hell.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

You linked this just to get people mad at the annotation that pops up immediately! (Seriously though neat video)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Listening to Romero talk about id is infuriating because it's really easy to lapse into thinking he could still make a good game if he wanted to, but we all know it's not true.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Listening to Romero talk about id is infuriating because it's really easy to lapse into thinking he could still make a good game if he wanted to, but we all know it's not true.

But what if they got the whole band back together?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Geight posted:

But what if they got the whole band back together?

Just let him make levels.

And end bosses.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey Kins, is there any possible way that I could get a track listing for Reelism? I'm hearing a lot of 'familiar-but-can't-place-them' tracks.

Also, blasting jerks on that bridge while listening to Top Man's theme is :black101: as hell.

Seconding this, though I feel like half the list will be from Illusion of Gaia

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Just let him make levels.

Romero was responsible for parts of Daikatana's horrific Episode 1 maps. Remember that.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Casimir Radon posted:

You'll need the 1.3.1 patch installed, but other than that, it's good to go.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. Everyone needs to see it (Half Life 2).

http://i.imgur.com/HvkGvdM.gifv

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. Everyone needs to see it (Half Life 2).

http://i.imgur.com/HvkGvdM.gifv

That's amazing. Had to look it up; it's even better with sound.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love how he wiggles like crazy when he's driving away with the motorboat. It's adorable.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
The greatest cinematic achievement of the decade.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Romero's nails are fabulous.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Super 3D Noah's Ark is coming to Steam on the 18th. What a strange world we live in. If you get it from itch.io you'll get a Steam key later, and Blzut will get a slightly bigger cut out of it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rocket Pan posted:

You'll need the 1.3.1 patch installed, but other than that, it's good to go.
Thanks, it worked.I remember when this was the prettiest game I'd ever seen. Not so much anymore. I don't mind of the new game tries to be System Shock once in a while, just so long as it doesn't get in the way of shooting dudes which kind of messed up this game.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

The Kins posted:

Super 3D Noah's Ark is coming to Steam on the 18th. What a strange world we live in. If you get it from itch.io you'll get a Steam key later, and Blzut will get a slightly bigger cut out of it.

Man how come S3DNA gets steam achievements, but not Doom? Even if they'd probably have to be dumb, like... RIP AND TEAR: Get a beserker pack. Shoot It Until It Dies: Kill a Cyberdemon. Things like that.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Keiya posted:

Man how come S3DNA gets steam achievements, but not Doom? Even if they'd probably have to be dumb, like... RIP AND TEAR: Get a beserker pack. Shoot It Until It Dies: Kill a Cyberdemon. Things like that.
Doom does have achievements! You just have to buy the XBLA versions or BFG Edition.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Keiya posted:

It's mostly because Doom on Steam is the laziest loving thing and they didn't even bother to include any source port or anything with it. It's literally the same doom2.exe that came on the floppy disks.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

BFG edition achievements are prettyy bad - finish episode, finish episode on uv, beat the time record etc. XBLA had at least the rip and tear, which was claimed for killing Cyberdemon with fist.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I just released a port of the Mac Wolfenstein campaign to ECWolf using the PC Wolfenstein graphics and assets. So if you wanted to play Mac Wolfenstein without crab-walking guards, this is what you've been looking for.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The problem with Steam achievements for Doom is that they would require you to play it in Dosbox instead of a source port like a sane human being.

Blzut3
Jun 14, 2014
The primary Doom releases on Steam may be lazy, but I'll take lazy over the messed up release that was Doom 2 BFG edition (network compatibility issues, not the censorship in and of itself).

The real question everyone should be asking is how this got greenlit and has Linux support before The Apogee Throwback Pack's promised Linux support. :P

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Everyone knows you're just buying the steam release so you can stick the wads in the port of your choice so there's no point in trying to play favorites.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Everyone knows you're just buying the steam release so you can stick the wads in the port of your choice so there's no point in trying to play favorites.

And that's why you get the original Steam releases; you don't have to deal with trying to patch the censored IWADs back to the original ones.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This would have been a great DOOM cover

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

today i learned:

1. that forums cancer still exists

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

today i learned:

1. that forums cancer still exists

I think it got reinstated for people who won't quit posting in the gamergate thread.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Blzut3 posted:

The primary Doom releases on Steam may be lazy, but I'll take lazy over the messed up release that was Doom 2 BFG edition (network compatibility issues, not the censorship in and of itself).

The real question everyone should be asking is how this got greenlit and has Linux support before The Apogee Throwback Pack's promised Linux support. :P

It takes the new 3DR forever to do anything ATM, that's why. :v:

Captain_Red
Mar 2, 2007
I'm a Captain

Convex posted:

To go with weird plastic demon guy, here's weird plastic Cacodemon from an old PC Zone mag

90's PC Zone was a wondrous time :allears:

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

How much later is later? I wouldn't mind getting it from itch.io, but I want Steam key ASAP.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

closeted republican posted:

And that's why you get the original Steam releases; you don't have to deal with trying to patch the censored IWADs back to the original ones.

Counterpoint: the unpatched TNT it comes with still has an uncompletable level.

Blzut3
Jun 14, 2014

Nokiaman posted:

How much later is later? I wouldn't mind getting it from itch.io, but I want Steam key ASAP.
Keys will be available on the 18th. I believe The Kins was trying to say that the keys are not up yet, but will be later when it's released on Steam.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blzut3 posted:

Keys will be available on the 18th. I believe The Kins was trying to say that the keys are not up yet, but will be later when it's released on Steam.
Yeah I didn't know an exact time or how hard it is to distribute that stuff via Itch, so I didn't wanna put you on the spot.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Prenton posted:

Counterpoint: the unpatched TNT it comes with still has an uncompletable level.

True, but IIRC, only a small batch of one of the late 90s Doom rereleases actually had that patch installed. The rest of the Final Doom re-releases have been unpatched for some reason.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Blzut3 posted:

Ah my bad you're right that makes more sense now that I think about it :ughh:

Just finished the second hub in Hexen. Finding the last piece of puzzle stuck me for some time. Turns out it was behind the ONE AND ONLY PORTAL I didn't think of checking :v:
Also got the N64 music and it's so sweeeeeet!

BTW just bought S3DNA on itch.io. Can't wait for Steam key! :)

Nokiaman fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 29, 2015