Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Look at the adjective. Eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MrSmokes posted:

Look at the adjective. Eat.

Looking back over the menu, their decision to call the appetizers the Undercard is at least kind of clever. Nature Boy's Soups & Salads, though :psyduck:

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

I love at the bottom where it says "Stop by the gift shop on your way out for a complete line of official WCW merchandise &" and just ends with the ampersand. It just sums everything up so well.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

My favorite wrestler/food pun will always and forever be: Marty Spaghetti & Shawn Pickles

with the 2nd prize runner up: Granola Monsoon

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Whine List

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

I love at the bottom where it says "Stop by the gift shop on your way out for a complete line of official WCW merchandise &" and just ends with the ampersand. It just sums everything up so well.

I'm sure there was more on the other side of the fold.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I'm sure there was more on the other side of the fold.

I remember saying the same thing about your mother.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't why it's making me laugh but I love that the Sting burger has this detailed description about all this stuff on it and then the Hogan burger is just: BBQ sauce, bacon, cheese.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
If you order anything Flair related, they bring you 5 Hogan related items instead.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Before you're done eating, the nWo runs into the restaurant and starts brawling, your meal is taken away before you're finished, and Tony Schiavone yells "THAT'S ALL THE TIME WE HAVE, SEE YOU AT BREAKFAST"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I heard that the Hulkster once ate a Hogan Burger at the restaurant and all 70,000 diners jump to their feet at once and cheered for him, brother, as he slammed down all 650 lbs. of beef.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The daily special is whatever bag of somas the waiters manage to spill across the floor.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Thunder Grill down the road has the same menu but when you get your food it's cold and half-eaten.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

The Thunder Grill down the road has the same menu but when you get your food it's cold and half-eaten.

Well, they are obliged contractually to give Hogan 50% of it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

OldTennisCourt posted:

At the Thunder Grill it all comes out of a butt the shitman fart.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Fingerfood of Doom

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Eating poo poo like that Crippler Crossface Cheesesteak will fuckin kill ya

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I remember saying the same thing about your mother.

:drat:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Raw-d Dog(g)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The Cheese Poffos were on the menu the whole time the Nitro Grill was open, but nobody ever ordered them.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Abdullah the Butcher Baked Potato would be my side of choice.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Meals used to come with a No Limit Salad, but once they let people start subbing it for the West Texas Toast the salad disappeared.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"We just wanted to tell our diners that the WWE New York across the street is serving Filet Mignon for $1.00. Heh, yeah that'll put some butts in seats."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hey NWOites, what should I ask Kevin Sullivan if I get a chance to at this fundraiser fanfest meet and greet thing I'm going to on Thursday?

No, I'm not going to say the word Benoit.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hey NWOites, what should I ask Kevin Sullivan if I get a chance to at this fundraiser fanfest meet and greet thing I'm going to on Thursday?

No, I'm not going to say the word Benoit.

"Did The Wall ever come down?"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I was always impress with Hogan's Telescopic Vision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Watching Souled Out 97 and listening to B&V's review and man this whole NWO thing is basically Poochie: The PPV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_mo78eEZ8

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Souled Out was such a disaster I have no idea why they a) went ahead with the nWo, b) were still looking to implement a WCW/nWo brand split into early-mid '98, and/or c) held 3 more Souled Out events

The brand split thing in particular baffles me. Souled Out was a fiasco because it was so heavily skewed in the nWo's favor so the matches had no drama and the announcers never stopped burying WCW guys and touting the nWo. nWo Nitro was a disaster because they spent most of the episode remodeling the set, and the rest of it sucking Hogan's dick in two different 20-or-so-minute segments. I mean, it's not me, right -- the nWo could have had appeal as a separate brand if the group wasn't shoved down your throat like that.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

DynamiteKidd posted:

Souled Out was such a disaster I have no idea why they a) went ahead with the nWo,

Because they still had Sting/Hogan to do at Starrcade and nWo made hells of money for WCW?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Because they still had Sting/Hogan to do at Starrcade and nWo made hells of money for WCW?

Right, that was a stupid bone to pick at on my part. Besides it's not like there wasn't a huge percentage of the Nitro viewership who didn't order Souled Out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I'd say Souled Out was a pretty key example of the kind of awful poo poo you can get away with when the overall product is hot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I'd say Souled Out was a pretty key example of the kind of awful poo poo you can get away with when the overall product is hot.

The entire Russo era in WWF. It was dog poop. The dog poop. The dog poop.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Luigi Thirty posted:

The entire Russo era in WWF. It was dog poop. The dog poop. The dog poop.

Definitely. Russo only gets heat on him for what he did in WCW and TNA, and it's because he was booking like he always did but was losing money and viewers this time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Souled Out impressed me because you had some of the top minds in the wrestling business all agree to completely forego everything they learned about said business.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DynamiteKidd posted:

Definitely. Russo only gets heat on him for what he did in WCW and TNA, and it's because he was booking like he always did but was losing money and viewers this time.
I really can't wait for the post-Russo Raws to go up on the Network. I think everything from the end of 1999 until the Invasion will be an amazing nostalgia trip.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

St Evan Echoes posted:

I really can't wait for the post-Russo Raws to go up on the Network. I think everything from the end of 1999 until the Invasion will be an amazing nostalgia trip.

Yeah once these go up I'll probably subscribe for a few months just to go through those.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

Summerslam 2000 is where it ends, but That Talent Roster + Great Booking = the hottest poo poo in the history of poo poo. I'm not saying there weren't some bad moments (like, literally everything Involving Jericho because he's 'Too Short') but it's so much fun.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Do they have a set schedule for getting the 97-00 nitros added to the network? I've been wanting to watch the shows that got mentioned in the Death of WCW book because maaaan they sound incredible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

last I heard on the Network front was the production focus was new content and old stuff uploaded when they have the time and/or special reason to roll it out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

last I heard on the Network front was the production focus was new content and old stuff uploaded when they have the time and/or special reason to roll it out.

Well with Dusty passing, they can finally release all the episodes of Nitro featuring him on commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

triplexpac posted:

Well with Dusty passing, they can finally release all the episodes of Nitro featuring him on commentary.

Or Saturday Nights!!!! (we're never getting Saturday Nights)