Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Should I come back tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Next challenge will be up in about 45 minutes. You don't need to be here.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Something Awful opened its doors in the year 2000, and, man, it was the coolest place on the Internet. Today, though, it's a footnote. Reddit, 4chan, imgur, and a bunch of other places: their user bases put SA to shame.

Well, this strategic war game launched in the year 1997. Its heyday is also in the past. But, like SA, I still think it has quality enough that I hope it will be immortal.

This challenge requires you to sign up for an account at http://earthempires.com. You will then make a country on the Express server.

The Express server runs until Sunday at 8pm EST.

This is me. I just made this country right now. My country number is 105. Please create a country, and message me with your SA username to confirm your identity.

Special rule: No attacking. Do not click the War Room button. I want the time commitment to be minimal here, so I'm going to limit you to using the Explore option if you want to gain land. If you make any attacks of any sort, you will be disqualified from this challenge.

A few notes:

Turns:
My turns are 360 (36) in this picture. The 360 are turns I can take right now. The 36 are "stored" turns. You receive a turn every 4 minutes. You can always take the available turns, but when you go over 360 turns, new turns will become "stored." You can only have 360 available turns at a time, and you can only have 360 stored turns. Any turns past this point will be lost. Every 4 minutes, you receive a new turn. If you have stored turns, and less than available 360 turns, then every 4 minutes, when you receive a new turn you will also receive a stored turn.

GDI:
You want to join this. If you don't, any random moron can attack you.

That's about it. I also circled Manage, which is where you set a government type, and Build/Cash/Explore/Research, which are the four ways to spend turns. Click those buttons and use turns on those screens if you want to spend a turn.

Anything else you need to know is in the game instructions. You also may want to pause before taking turns to read all those instructions, or to ask questions in the game forums, and learn how things work.

The player who makes no attacks and who has the highest score when this Express game ends will win immunity.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Something Awful opened its doors in the year 2000, and, man, it was the coolest place on the Internet. Today, though, it's a footnote. Reddit, 4chan, imgur, and a bunch of other places: their user bases put SA to shame.

Well, this strategic war game launched in the year 1997. Its heyday is also in the past. But, like SA, I still think it has quality enough that I hope it will be immortal.

This challenge requires you to sign up for an account at http://earthempires.com. You will then make a country on the Express server.

The Express server runs until Sunday at 8pm EST.

This is me. I just made this country right now. My country number is 105. Please create a country, and message me with your SA username to confirm your identity.

Special rule: No attacking. Do not click the War Room button. I want the time commitment to be minimal here, so I'm going to limit you to using the Explore option if you want to gain land. If you make any attacks of any sort, you will be disqualified from this challenge.

A few notes:

Turns:
My turns are 360 (36) in this picture. The 360 are turns I can take right now. The 36 are "stored" turns. You receive a turn every 4 minutes. You can always take the available turns, but when you go over 360 turns, new turns will become "stored." You can only have 360 available turns at a time, and you can only have 360 stored turns. Any turns past this point will be lost. Every 4 minutes, you receive a new turn. If you have stored turns, and less than available 360 turns, then every 4 minutes, when you receive a new turn you will also receive a stored turn.

GDI:
You want to join this. If you don't, any random moron can attack you.

That's about it. I also circled Manage, which is where you set a government type, and Build/Cash/Explore/Research, which are the four ways to spend turns. Click those buttons and use turns on those screens if you want to spend a turn.

Anything else you need to know is in the game instructions. You also may want to pause before taking turns to read all those instructions, or to ask questions in the game forums, and learn how things work.

The player who makes no attacks and who has the highest score when this Express game ends will win immunity.

:munch: can I join this just for fun? :munch:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
:munch:

i am highly

highly

disappointed you guys chose the inferior tribe name.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Check my glorious country of Gay Disneyland

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Glorious Chictopia is doing well thus far

it doesn't hurt that i've actually played this before oops

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

this is too tiring. I can't do anything.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

For the next challenge, FL is going to make us record ourselves stabbing another person for real. It has to be real.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

The great communist nation of Gorglethorp is ready to conquer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:munch: can I join this just for fun? :munch:
Yeah, if you want to! Beat them all!

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

How do I know if I'm winning

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just saw the poltergeist. It was a bit weird to watch because it was filmed in the neighbourhood I grew up in.

Also I still live in that neighbourhood. I'm here right now in my parent's house, the house I live in.

The house is even in a few of the shots so that's neat.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poltergeist is such a dumb movie, why would that little kid keep a creepy rear end big rear end clown doll in his room. Wow what a twist when it gets possessed and attacks the kid.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well in this version the clowns are there before he gets there. Although why the clowns are there isn't really explained. They're just there.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
:munch:

yeah that's perhaps even more unrealistic. if i moved into a house and some freaky rear end clowns are just fuckin there then they are going in the fuckin furnace.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I'd like to take personal issue to all the time they spend talking about how lovely the neighbourhood is. That was really unnecessary and just hurtful to me, a resident of that very neighbourhood IRL.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Err the Republic of Doggpicklestan like REALLY REALLY sucks apparently. I was very inefficient at the beginning. I don't know how to see anyone's scores but I am going to have quite a laugh when I see the finals and I'm like 10% of the next person's total worth. I am trying though. That's the sad part! :cry:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So I've been attacked a total of 9 times so far

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

With roughly 50 hours left, our intrepid new rulers and their countries stand as follows:

Meanwhile, Tribal Council on Monday and the following challenge on Tuesday sound okay?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gay Disney land you can do it~!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is Virid and Land of the Blind?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm assuming land if the blind is garth one eye. Meaning virid is anoni.

I'm andrew. No that's not my IRL name. Also it was an accident.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm assuming land if the blind is garth one eye. Meaning virid is anoni.

I'm andrew. No that's not my IRL name. Also it was an accident.

Okay, Sid Hermann :munch:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

With roughly 30 hours left, the scoreboard looks as follows:

Not much change in the nation of Gorglethorp, who seems to be building up turns while other countries pass by.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Carpet Shark posted:

Okay, Sid Hermann :munch:
That name really does sound like one an old fisherman would have.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This challenge has ended.

Bringing up the back of the pack was AnAnonymousIdiot:
80 Virid (#112) 8492 $2,362,261 RG

Ahead of AnAnonymousIdiot was Jato and his nation of Gorglethorp!
54 Gorglethorp (#114) 13,426 $4,822,836 CG

Just ahead of Jato came Chictopia.
53 Chictopia (#106) 10,106 $4,870,607 RG

Edging out Chic, despite a late start, was the nation of Doggpicklestan:
51 Doggpicklestan (#124) 8333 $5,241,055 RG

garth topped all of the above with the Land of the Blind, where the one eyed man is king!
45 Land of the Blind (#108) 5200 $6,847,076 DG

The lovely nation of Gay Disneyland finished...... in second:
38 Gay Disneyland (#107) 12,995 $7,423,984 HG

Which means......

ANDREW

WINS

IMMUNITY

A runaway victory for MMM, with a net over double the second place country.
16 andrew (#110) 10,031 $15,254,068 RG

I'll see you all here tomorrow night for Tribal Council. We'll kick off at 8:30PM EST and wrap up at 9:30, possibly later if someone needs time.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

today we are all citizens of andrew.

glorious, perfect andrew.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
For basically MY FUN and entertainment but also for the viewers, are you able to post number of turns taken?

You see, I was fracking playing ON THE WRONG SERVER for two days lol. (that's what "late start" meant) :laffo:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gay Disneyland is accepting vacations to visit Gay Mickey Moose.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you open up your profile then we can see it.

http://earthempires.com/preferences

Game Profile Privacy
Allow other players to see your past countries statuses

Other people had over 1800 turns.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gay Disney land is called a Jato according to that one EE forum guy

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrong, it is Jato that is sometimes named Gay Disneyland, but Gay Disneyland will live on with https://www.gaydays.com/
Thats right, starting June 2nd-8th, Normal Disneyland is poised to transform into Gay Disneyland.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

If you open up your profile then we can see it.

http://earthempires.com/preferences

Game Profile Privacy
Allow other players to see your past countries statuses

Other people had over 1800 turns.

I think I did that right, but I can't even figure out how to find it myself or I would just tell you :classiclol:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Gay Disney land is called a Jato according to that one EE forum guy

Check out this sweet burn

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Well thanks for being a gentleman and not outing me as playing on the wrong drat server. I swear to spaghetti monster, I knew it was EXPRESS and I thought I clicked that, but I never noticed on the main page that it said TOURNAMENT down in the right corner. In any case, I tried like hell to break the top 50 in the last 10 minutes and everyone tried to help me, but I ended up 51. Oh wells!! :dance:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A friendly reminder for everybody to check their PMs

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

A friendly reminder for everybody to check their PMs

I don't have a new PM. :(

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I have a PM but it's fast luck telling me how many turns I got in that game since I was playing the wrong server. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on in guys, welcome back to Tribal Council. In this individual phase of the game, your attendance at Tribal Council is a regular event, and, as always, the person with the most votes will have their torch snuffed. When your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize. But don't feel too down about it; remember, we're all Weeners here.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this Tribal Council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 9:30PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓AnAnonymousIdiot, ✓Chic Trombone, ✓DoggPickle, ✓garthoneeye, ✓imgay, ✓Jato... One of you will be going home tonight. You cannot vote for ✓MMM, who won immunity in the Earth Empires challenge.

Question for Jato
I know you're on vacation, but hopefully you're here tonight. If not, I assume you're out there working on getting a crab hat going. Any luck with that?

Question for MMM, Jato, imgay, AnAnonymousIdiot
At merge time, the Ultra Swole tribe had four players coming in. One of them, Rurea, no-showed and got voted out, but the rest are still going strong. How have they managed to do so well, and is that a threat to you?

Question for everyone
Jato is the last of the original Sexy peoples. We saw two Sexy players, Anonymous Narcotics and Strong Mouse, voted out the last two tribal councils, and of course the purge started back in Ultra Swole. Will tonight's Tribal Council be the denouement of the genocide of the original Sexy tribe?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 2, 2015

• Locked thread