Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

I am happy you finally won one and even more happy that you hosed wsw. gently caress wsw

Yeah, that made an awesome moment even better.

The lovely little club stuck it good and proper to the loudmouthed new behemoth. It was glorious.

Next season will be rebuild part 2: We now combine mustard with tomato. Rumour is we have some very good talent inbound from the toffee seconds, and our young kids will be far better than before. We also let Tom Slater go, who frankly should never have been signed but Arnie did it as a sop. Watch for him to be signed at Sydney.

We should be set for another title run in 16/17 given we have a coach who just going to go balls to wall attack and better troops. No idea if it will work, but it should be 100% better than the shite moss drudged up. And that'll be fine by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

The Jets have gone into administration and FFA have stripped Tinkler of his license, hopefully they'll find a new owner I guess
Word is Dundee United in Scotland are looking to buy the license

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

The SBS posted:

A new licence will be issued to a new entity owned and controlled by FFA. A club from Newcastle will remain a member of the Hyundai A-League and current players of the Newcastle Jets will be offered contracts with the new entity, the FFA statement read.

The termination is based on material breaches of the A-League licence held by Newcastle Jets Football Operations Pty Ltd, in relation to non-payment of players and staff, and an ongoing failure to meet standard operational requirements.

FFA notes that HSG placed the Newcastle Jets into voluntary administration today, which in itself is an act of insolvency and a breach of the A-League licence conditions.

Source. Kind of makes it sound like the Jets themselves are going defunct, rather than it just being put under new ownership. Is this what happened to the New Zealand Knights? Or are the Jets themselves still going to exist, Tinkler being thrown out the only change?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Arquebus posted:

Source. Kind of makes it sound like the Jets themselves are going defunct, rather than it just being put under new ownership. Is this what happened to the New Zealand Knights? Or are the Jets themselves still going to exist, Tinkler being thrown out the only change?

If memory serves the FFA owns the trademarks and branding, so whilst a new corporate entity, it can be still labelled the jets and keep the logo and colours. Whether they keep the same structures in place is up to the new owners (in this case the FFA) but I wouldn't be surprised if they restructure operations meaning some back office and coaching staff may go.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

I would like to thank my wife for making this of me.

I should of left her in melbourne.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dj_pain posted:

I would like to thank my wife for making this of me.

I should of left her in melbourne.

The good news you will be able to repurpose it for origin!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah :hfive:

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Byolante posted:

can't. Im your typical old school wog who would prefer to go sit in 7 degree weather and watch sydney united play while eating pumpkin seeds than watch rugby league :colbert:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

MiniSune posted:

If memory serves the FFA owns the trademarks and branding, so whilst a new corporate entity, it can be still labelled the jets and keep the logo and colours. Whether they keep the same structures in place is up to the new owners (in this case the FFA) but I wouldn't be surprised if they restructure operations meaning some back office and coaching staff may go.

Yuhup (which incidently my phone auto corrects to tubular). FFA own the jets again, taking over the current staff and youth teams etc. Of course, they'll want to sell the license off so it's someone else doing the investment, and hopefully Dundee can get involved as rumoured. It's just a huge loving shame it took so long for any action to be taken, considering how long the rumours of Tinkler being finally ousted and Dundee being interested have been around. I can even remember seeing the sack of poo poo straight up telling a journo that they were reading too much of the Newcastle newspaper (whatever its called) when asked if he was trying to sell the club. Yeah, I'm sure Lucy Zelic from Canberra who works in Sydney is just hanging out to read the Hunter valley times amidst all the garage sale ads and people bitching about the state of footpaths.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

MiniSune posted:

We also let Tom Slater go, who frankly should never have been signed but Arnie did it as a sop. Watch for him to be signed at Sydney.

We already let him go first!

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Adnar posted:

We already let him go first!

we wouldn't offer him a senior contract like CCM would.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

dj_pain posted:

we wouldn't offer him a senior contract like CCM would.

I think problem solved now with Arnie in charge.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
rip friday night a league drunk couch crew until later this year

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Twat le Piss posted:

Memberships already on sale at the Mariners. 13 games this year and the only non home away game is the regional game round. Gone down very happy with the supporters.

Platinum: Adult $355 early bird/$380 full, Concession $305/$330
•Gold: Adult $255 early bird/$280 full, Junior $75/$85, Student $125/$140, Concession $205/$230, Family (2A+2J) $580/$645
•Navy: Adult $175 early bird/$200 full, Junior $40/$55, Student $80/$100, Concession $155/$180, Family $390/$455
•Yellow Army: Adult $175 early bird/$200 full, Student $85/$100, Concession $155/$180
•6 Game: Adult $115, Junior $35, Concession $90, Family $265
•Mariners MyClub (junior members of CCF, NSFA or WNSW Football): $15
•Non-Ticketed: $35

Seating plan. The club side grandstand is a bastard in the sun, hence why most is GA. Although if we get a heap of Saturday night fixtures, the GA ticket becomes pretty good value.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 22, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
https://www.roarmemberships.com.au/memberships/season

Roar home and family end are 265, spiralling out to 410 for the good seats. All youth tickets regardless of zone are 75 dollars. I haven't gone near renewing mine yet because gently caress knows whats going on with the club and if it will even exist come october.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Twat le Piss posted:

Mate this is just the beginning, npl Saturday arvo crew represent!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Also, Ben Khalfallah won the Victory medal the other night, gives an awesome speech. Skip to about 4min to hear him call Kevin Muscat hosed

https://youtu.be/2bnC_SneOfE

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

https://www.roarmemberships.com.au/memberships/season

Roar home and family end are 265, spiralling out to 410 for the good seats. All youth tickets regardless of zone are 75 dollars. I haven't gone near renewing mine yet because gently caress knows whats going on with the club and if it will even exist come october.

It seems Ballymore is the only real decent smaller stadium around, is it worth the Roar moving there?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

It seems Ballymore is the only real decent smaller stadium around, is it worth the Roar moving there?

We might have to since they are still behind on payments to suncorp

its loving horrendous to travel to though

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mariners unveil new striker:

https://youtu.be/ngvVlZ-ugNM?t=1h46m16s

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

saucy challenge

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
1. Marc Janko has not had his Sydney FC contract renewed
2. Didier Drogba has not had his Chelsea contract renewed
3. Drogba and Chelsea are in Sydney next week

Rumours swirling

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shmoses posted:

1. Marc Janko has not had his Sydney FC contract renewed
2. Didier Drogba has not had his Chelsea contract renewed
3. Drogba and Chelsea are in Sydney next week

Rumours swirling

Janko to....Chelsea????

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Twat le Piss posted:

Janko to....Chelsea????
*taps finger on nose*

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just got this email, tell my family I love them but I need to cold embrace of death

quote:

Brisbane Roar is proud to announce John Aloisi as the club's new Head Coach.

The legendary former Socceroo will direct all football operations at the three-time Hyundai A-League Champion club.

The 39-year-old will join the Roar in June and prepares to face Liverpool FC on the 17th July.

"I am extremely proud and honoured to join Brisbane Roar,'' Aloisi said.

“The club has defined success in the first 10 years of the Hyundai A-League and I am determined to ensure the high standards the Roar players, members, sponsors and supporters have come to expect continue under my stewardship.”

Brisbane Roar Chairman Chris Fong said Aloisi was the perfect fit to launch a new era for the club.

"John brings to the Roar a passionate understanding of Australian football and the Hyundai A-League," Fong said.

"I am impressed by his determination to succeed and the fresh focus he will bring to the club."

Aloisi made 55 appearances (27 goals) for the Socceroos and famously scored the winning penalty to secure Australia's place at the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Aloisi made his professional debut for Adelaide City at the age of 15.

He is the only Australian footballer to have played in Europe's three major leagues – the English Premier League, Italy's Serie A and Spain's La Liga – in a playing career spanning 20 years.

He played 459 games and scored 127 goals across the three competitions at clubs including Portsmouth, Coventry City, CA Osasuna and Deportivo Alavés.

Following his return to Australia in 2007, Aloisi has been heavily involved in the Hyundai A-League as a player (Central Coast Mariners, Sydney FC and Melbourne Heart) and a coach with Melbourne Heart in 2012/13.

He is currently a football analyst for Fox Sports and has been working as a development coach with Melbourne Victory's National Youth League and National Premier Leagues sides.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Byolante posted:

Just got this email, tell my family I love them but I need to cold embrace of death

Lol owned

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

:greencube:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Honestly the club getting wound up like gold coast would have been a better fate

This was me reading the email, I'm the albino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfRp-jwbI4

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Ha ha ha whyyyyyyyyyy

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Holy poo poo, my condolences.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
First I held off buying my ST because I thought the club might not exist come october, now I am holding off because I don't want the club to exist come october

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Everything I said about QLD being good again.

Yeah, there is going to be an extended intermission.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

First I held off buying my ST because I thought the club might not exist come october, now I am holding off because I don't want the club to exist come october

Maybe, but you'll still be raging against anything south of the Tweed in a few months in the new A league thread, it won't be the same without you

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So, Adelaide United vs Villareal is a thing that is happening this evening.

No TV, but here's the official Spanish stream: http://www.lfp.es/directos-lfpwch/

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
There is also this if you prefer your language to sound as though it is coming from the queens own teet: http://www.fixalen.tv/20150529/vv-1081626-football-55678317287431.13433090.html

Fucken Adelaide though, Newcastle (I think) tricked me into thinking Goodwin was poo poo because he never did anything. More fool me

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Weeeeooooo

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
loving lol at the intro to the sydney fc v spurs game, pwoppah bantah

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.