Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

yeah I stopped going to magic events when I realized my fat gross asscrack can't just be exposed in a warm welcoming environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Serperoth posted:

Not FadedReality, but Buttcrack Guy has gotten himself a pretty hefty ban from Magic.

I agree with the ban. :colbert:

Well, when someone makes that big of an rear end of themselves, gaping about making fun of your customers, you can't really say that they are a scape-goat, see?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Serperoth posted:

I barely play Magic (and I'm in Europe anyway), but I'm a Judge, and taking pictures of people without their permission (or even knowledge) to post on the net and laugh is Not Okay, especially since there obviously are shitlords who'd do the same to women for less humourous purposes. The definition of Unsporting Conduct - Major is as follows: "A player takes action towards one or more individuals that could reasonably be expected to create a feeling of being harassed, threatened, bullied, or stalked."

"A player takes inappropriate photos of another player without express permission." is an example of that kind of behaviour, with the comment on the Judge blog starting with "Yes, there’s an obvious case here some people will point to".

I had a giggle at the photos when they first surfaced, I won't deny it, but, to further quote the Judge blog "this behavior impairs the comfort of our players and the safe, welcoming environment we are responsible for creating and promoting, and it bears being called out specifically."

Currently having a satisfying daydream in which alternate-universe fatbeard Judge Antonin Scalia writes a scathing dissent to your opinion without citing major case law.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I can sort of see how your rights end where you're ugly and gross and people want to laugh about you. That's just common sense.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wayfinder posted:

I can sort of see how your rights end where you're ugly and gross and people want to laugh about you. That's just common sense.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Val Helmethead posted:

Well, when someone makes that big of an rear end of themselves, gaping about making fun of your customers, you can't really say that they are a scape-goat, see?

:vince:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Val Helmethead posted:

What's this quote from? It's not ringing a bell

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3701088&perpage=40&pagenumber=86#post445909824

Edit:

Val Helmethead posted:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's a pewdiepie reference you should keep up with the times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no ring man

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

wayfinder posted:

Unironically correct.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I guess asking them to bathe before coming to the event is also " impairs the comfort of our players and the safe, welcoming environment we are responsible for creating and promoting"

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Just pull your pants up, nerds

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I worked in a store that sold Magic cards and had tourneys, a lot of those people need to feel shame. I let being fat go, as sometimes you can't help it, either through Physical or Mental conditions. They do however need to feel hardcore shame for their personalities though.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Anora posted:

I worked in a store that sold Magic cards and had tourneys, a lot of those people need to feel shame. I let being fat go, as sometimes you can't help it, either through Physical or Mental conditions. They do however need to feel hardcore shame for their personalities though.

I don't see it as fat shaming so much as being able to dress yourself shaming. Tuck in your shirt and/or wear a belt so no one ever has to see your rear end crack. We had this issue at work a few years ago and it only took a little shaming to never have to see a disgusting plumbers rear end in a business setting ever again. Then a few years later he had kids and lost a ton of weight to set a better example. So shaming is good for covering rear end, motivation is good for losing weight.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Seeing fat hairy nerd asscracks makes me feel harassed and uncomfortable, WotC, please ban all the idiots that don't know how to wear a loving belt tia

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Related

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

:stare: That is one loving well-sealed building.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

If you open up the magazine and actually read the article, you'd know it was just a two page spread that says "WE DID."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I take it I should've bolded "ringing"

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

oh joy.. Reposts

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Johnny Aztec posted:

I guess asking them to bathe before coming to the event is also " impairs the comfort of our players and the safe, welcoming environment we are responsible for creating and promoting"

While it isn't in good taste to take humiliating pictures of people whose entire asses are hanging out, come on. When my shirt rides up even a bit in the back I can feel a draft. How can so many nerds have so little self awareness about their asses hanging out of their pants and/or that they have homeless person level BO?

A long time ago when I still played my wife finally relented and gave Magic a shot. She liked the complexity so we went to the local game shop on a Saturday to get her a starter pack and maybe get to know the local players. The overpowering stench in that room and the handful of nerds eyefucking her pretty much turned her off from ever wanting to step foot in a game shop again.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Magnus Praeda posted:

:stare: That is one loving well-sealed building.

The seal isnt taking the pictures.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

FadedReality posted:

While it isn't in good taste to take humiliating pictures of people whose entire asses are hanging out, come on. When my shirt rides up even a bit in the back I can feel a draft. How can so many nerds have so little self awareness about their asses hanging out of their pants and/or that they have homeless person level BO?

A long time ago when I still played my wife finally relented and gave Magic a shot. She liked the complexity so we went to the local game shop on a Saturday to get her a starter pack and maybe get to know the local players. The overpowering stench in that room and the handful of nerds eyefucking her pretty much turned her off from ever wanting to step foot in a game shop again.

My wife's friend was a closet nerd until I got her to read a trade of "Invincible". Now she's borrowed my entire trade paperback library. She knew a trade I didn't have was out and she was going to get it for me for Christmas to thank me for letting her read all my books, and she said the clerk couldn't even help her because of how surprised he was that she was even in the store. She finally went and got it on Amazon like I've always done.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

"It's massive," he said.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

New Leaf posted:

My wife's friend was a closet nerd until I got her to read a trade of "Invincible". Now she's borrowed my entire trade paperback library. She knew a trade I didn't have was out and she was going to get it for me for Christmas to thank me for letting her read all my books, and she said the clerk couldn't even help her because of how surprised he was that she was even in the store. She finally went and got it on Amazon like I've always done.

Does anyone actually know why people get so flummoxed at women being into nerdy things? The number of times I've sat and listened to a slovenly, awkward and shy nerdy guy rant about women trying to impress him by pretending to be into games/tabletop/CCGs/whatever is straight up embarrassing.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

FadedReality posted:

Does anyone actually know why people get so flummoxed at women being into nerdy things? The number of times I've sat and listened to a slovenly, awkward and shy nerdy guy rant about women trying to impress him by pretending to be into games/tabletop/CCGs/whatever is straight up embarrassing.

He's just mad because his creepy staring didn't have the intended effect of causing her to be instantly attracted to him. And she likely quit going because of his creepiness.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

mpyro posted:

The seal isnt taking the pictures.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FadedReality posted:

While it isn't in good taste to take humiliating pictures of people whose entire asses are hanging out, come on.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Serperoth posted:

I barely play Magic (and I'm in Europe anyway), but I'm a Judge, and taking pictures of people without their permission (or even knowledge) to post on the net and laugh is Not Okay, especially since there obviously are shitlords who'd do the same to women for less humourous purposes. The definition of Unsporting Conduct - Major is as follows: "A player takes action towards one or more individuals that could reasonably be expected to create a feeling of being harassed, threatened, bullied, or stalked."

"A player takes inappropriate photos of another player without express permission." is an example of that kind of behaviour, with the comment on the Judge blog starting with "Yes, there’s an obvious case here some people will point to".

I had a giggle at the photos when they first surfaced, I won't deny it, but, to further quote the Judge blog "this behavior impairs the comfort of our players and the safe, welcoming environment we are responsible for creating and promoting, and it bears being called out specifically."

Counterpoint: being in public you have no expectation of privacy.
Also: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/longtail-t-shirts/longer-shirts.aspx

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FadedReality posted:

No true nerdsman is a woman

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

FadedReality posted:

Because nerd guys almost never see women doing their nerd poo poo so they assume the isolated times they do it's a ruse to trap them so they act like dicks 'til the women leave so there's only guys left so they almost never see women doing their nerd poo poo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Erebus posted:

Because nerd guys almost never see women doing their nerd poo poo so they assume the isolated times they do it's a ruse to trap them so they act like dicks 'til the women leave so there's only guys left so they almost never see women doing their nerd poo poo

I often wonder what Mila Kunis' WoW guild is like. All women, gay, married? Polite? Not turbo nerds but still playing WoW for some reason? :iiam:

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Unironically, these guys should sponsor magic events and various other nerdish con events.

They could come out with full-size DbZ print shirts, special card pockets, matching jorts, it would be a goldmine.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

syscall girl posted:

I often wonder what Mila Kunis' WoW guild is like. All women, gay, married? Polite? Not turbo nerds but still playing WoW for some reason? :iiam:

Do the people in the guild even know? If I was super famous and good looking I'd probably make up some bullshit about who I was in real life. Hell, I do that now with online games.

She's an actress, I'm sure she could invent some backstory.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

She could just fuckin' tell people she was Mila Kunis and no one would believe her.

Hide in plain sight!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I was browsing a website that has an archive of all the covers of LIFE magazines in their order or publication and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Leofish posted:

Do the people in the guild even know? If I was super famous and good looking I'd probably make up some bullshit about who I was in real life. Hell, I do that now with online games.

She's an actress, I'm sure she could invent some backstory.

Yeah I don't know the answer to that but doesn't basically everyone voice chat these days?

• Locked thread