Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
I happen to think the Twin Peaks* thing is a cover story--there's a Bed Bath and Beyond in the same shopping center and they were running a special on Yankee Sage & Citrus candles. It's bedlam every time they do that.

*not a family restaurant, but there are 3-4 family chains within small arms range. At least one pic verifies that kids were in the vicinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

revmoo posted:

Again, I wish it worked like that, and maybe where you live it does, but this is the south. We negotiate our fines like proper gentlemen; with winks, nods, and cash.

The fact that you stopped and apologised/submitted to roadside judgement is proof of your guilt. That you never actually did a crime is irrelevant.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Fairly poor choice of name and font for an import shop:

http://www.ricepaddy.com/

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

astrollinthepork posted:

Fairly poor choice of name and font for an import shop:

http://www.ricepaddy.com/

If they were in Ireland it would be amazing though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

How long until they get sued for the logo?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just got off the phone with my insurance company. According to the guy on the phone they pay NADA value + mods. According to NADA suggested list price is $6k, low retail is $3800 and retail average is $4930. Anyone know which they go with (assuming low)?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Akion posted:

Just got off the phone with my insurance company. According to the guy on the phone they pay NADA value + mods. According to NADA suggested list price is $6k, low retail is $3800 and retail average is $4930. Anyone know which they go with (assuming low)?

I think you'll find nada is a lot less than 6 grand.

:tipshat:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Chichevache posted:

I think you'll find nada is a lot less than 6 grand.

:tipshat:

A little bit is better than nada
Sometimes you want the whole enchilada

- Freddy Fender and the Texas Tornados

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Akion posted:

Which insurance company?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
They will probably attempt to match condition plus MSRP for mods.

If it's state farm enjoy your massive payout :v:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

astrollinthepork posted:

Which insurance company?

Progressive.

I just realized that I normally pay my insurance 1 year at a time. However, this renewal I only paid my first month (just 2 weeks ago) and that probably looks suspicious to them. Fortunately I *just* got the bike back from the shop a week ago so they can vouch for condition and that it was running recently.

I just called my broker buddy, says he's got 3 WR450's for me to choose from if I want.

Maybe I should trade my truck in for a van that I can keep the bike in? :p

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Akion posted:

Progressive.

I just realized that I normally pay my insurance 1 year at a time. However, this renewal I only paid my first month (just 2 weeks ago) and that probably looks suspicious to them. Fortunately I *just* got the bike back from the shop a week ago so they can vouch for condition and that it was running recently.

I just called my broker buddy, says he's got 3 WR450's for me to choose from if I want.

Progressive did things on the far low side for me. Good luck. I find the internet's advice about negotiating the base value -mods is futile.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

quote:

Nextcar Bug artNew research from AT&T reveals that 70 percent of people engage their smartphone while driving. Most of them are texting and emailing (a combined 94 percent), but many have taken up other activities behind the wheel, like browsing the Web (28 percent), checking social media (66 percent across platforms), snapping a selfie (17 percent), shooting a video (12 percent), or video chatting (10 percent).
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2484503,00.asp

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I have someone on Snapchat and half of her snaps are while driving, and she posts a lot of snaps. :suicide:

Watsabi
Jul 4, 2012
It is such a sad state of society when someone decides to take their safety into their own hands to stop these texting drivers and get fined $48,000 for using a jammer on his commute to and from work.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-florida-resident-drove-around-with-a-cellphone-jammer-84369099229.html

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Watsabi posted:

It is such a sad state of society when someone decides to take their safety into their own hands to stop these texting drivers and get fined $48,000 for using a jammer on his commute to and from work.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-florida-resident-drove-around-with-a-cellphone-jammer-84369099229.html

As the article points out, police and other emergency service radios work on those frequency bands, so gently caress that guy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah that whole story reeks of the guy being one of those irritating cunts who can't mind his own poo poo and just has to be a nuisance. I once worked on a car owned by an elderly gentleman who had some sort of antenna rig fitted. He said it was a radar detector jammer that would make radar detectors register false positives because he wanted to show people they couldn't just flout the speeding laws :bahgawd:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Phew just got back from the worst ride since I bought my Ninja. Had to avoid something like 25 different accidents, including; range rover swerving into my lane on the freeway, car passing in a blind curve over the double-yellow, dude texting who swerved into my lane and then swerved into the next lane that I'd jumped into to avoid him, and much, much more.

Days like today really make me rethink living here. Unfortunately my only two 'easy' relocation options are Detroit and Cincinnati, and I doubt either is much better as far as stupid fuckface idiots goes.

The worst thing about it is the road rage though. You'll honk at someone that's drifting into your lane and then they want to fight and try and hit you with their car. You seriously cannot win with these loving people.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

The throttle is your friend.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Stick a camera on your face.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Was going to post a rant about my family visiting unexpectedly meaning my planned day reacquainting myself with the A414 had to be postponed, but turns out they saved me from a massive and unforecasted patch of rain that would have completely ruined the ride, so, erm... hooray?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

revmoo posted:

Phew just got back from the worst ride since I bought my Ninja. Had to avoid something like 25 different accidents, including; range rover swerving into my lane on the freeway, car passing in a blind curve over the double-yellow, dude texting who swerved into my lane and then swerved into the next lane that I'd jumped into to avoid him, and much, much more.

Days like today really make me rethink living here. Unfortunately my only two 'easy' relocation options are Detroit and Cincinnati, and I doubt either is much better as far as stupid fuckface idiots goes.

The worst thing about it is the road rage though. You'll honk at someone that's drifting into your lane and then they want to fight and try and hit you with their car. You seriously cannot win with these loving people.

Follow them to their house.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just found this fantastic shirt in the back of a closet.

Yes, it's a Blast shirt

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
You think you hate it now...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

I just found this fantastic shirt in the back of a closet.

Yes, it's a Blast shirt

Frame it, put it on your garage wall and use it for a dartboard.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is sad on so many levels.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Akion posted:

Does your truck have enough ground clearance to park the WR on it's side underneath? I think my lovely Toyota would drive over my DRZ without the skid plate.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Yerok posted:

Does your truck have enough ground clearance to park the WR on it's side underneath? I think my lovely Toyota would drive over my DRZ without the skid plate.

Probably. I've decided to hold off buying a new bike for the season. Planning to put some of the insurance money towards some bits for my Mountain Bike and the rest will probably fix a few things on my truck. TBH all I did was ride last summer and I kinda neglected some of my other hobbies.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As well you should, because bieks is The Best hobby.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Lately I've been having more fun on my mountain bike than my DRZ. As long as it's two wheels, it's good to spend money on it.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
Robodialed three times by HD while in a training course. We're extending you an invite to our Hogs and Hairspray 80s event tomorrow, with... <click>

gently caress these people.

:regd10::megadeath::corsair::wtc:

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Hogs and .. Hairspray?

Hairspray.

Mmhm.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I lived the 80's and have been sick and tired of hairbands for 20 years. I swear if you played Pyromania on a continuous loop, they'd be happy. That's another reason I avoid bike meets/rally's like the plague.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

+

?

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I think to solve that you need to get a common denominator: John Travolta.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Ok so in that movie poster, that front wheel. Is that.. a thing?

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Lynza posted:

Apparently so.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Fatboy style. You mean you haven't worn out the LA River chase scene on your Terminator 2 tape?

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Lynza posted:

When you're doing a ton of highway miles, anything that improves the stability is a good thing. A solid front wheel helps there. It doesn't do so great where there's a lot of crosswind, though.

I was actually in a bike shop helping my friend pick up magnesium wheels for his Ducati when there was a guy buying solid wheels for his Harley. The dichotomy was not lost on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein
I haven't ever seen it, so thanks!

I usually figure, on Harleys, a lot of the stuff they do is dumb farkle poo poo, rather than functional. TMYK.