Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echi heightmap teh goatass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

its cool he's a yogi and whatnot

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rexicon1 posted:

Taxpayer => poo poo Goblin

this is the best edit so far, I haven't laughed this hard in ages

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
tucker is a smiley dog

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

space mutiny owns

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

space mutiny owns

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Rexicon1 posted:

Taxpayer => poo poo Goblin

similarly

"nice guy" -> "rapist"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i don't get what the purpose of the criticality experiments was. like okay i guess arranging the reflecting bricks or something had some possible value, but what the gently caress were they learning from some guy jimmying beryllium-encased hemispheres of plutonium apart with a loving screwdriver

the screwdriver experiment was basically meant to demonstrate the size of slotin's balls.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i honestly have little sympathy for the man

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

atomicthumbs posted:

tucker is a smiley dog

what kind of loving country club cracker-dick names their dog "Tucker"

hi tucker

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

i don't get what the purpose of the criticality experiments was. like okay i guess arranging the reflecting bricks or something had some possible value, but what the gently caress were they learning from some guy jimmying beryllium-encased hemispheres of plutonium apart with a loving screwdriver

funny this was brought up, last night my gf and i were walking around a park that was dedicated to Slotin, who was from Winnipeg. neat lil plaque there and a cute kitty that hangs around the benches

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

| ||
|| |_

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

part of a complete breakfast

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Balobam posted:

| ||
|| |_

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

stay safe bee ghost

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Balobam posted:

| ||
|| |_

I Ii
II L

pram
Jun 10, 2001
[]D [] []V[] []D

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this is funny as a one-shot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

I hate cake and think its some bullshit.

Pie is where it's at.

we served pie at our wedding and heard 0 complaints and much rejoicing.

same

tho the pies were in lieu of a groom's cake

pie supremacy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cya later shitlords

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

as far as grandas go shes a fuckin grilf

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

RotJ tie-in lookin odd

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hey yospos it's my 32nd birthday today and I'm getting acquainted with some eagle rare 10 year which I just found out is available in my area. someone please post the comic with the xbox wish with skull counting on an abacus tia

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

i honestly have little sympathy for the man

duTrieux. posted:

the screwdriver experiment was basically meant to demonstrate the size of slotin's balls.

yeah, the subtext of the accounts I've read is that he was generally cavalier and prone to taking shortcuts

I mean, those are two attributes that can get you maimed in a wood shop nevermind dicking around with fissile material

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDlL3nshcs

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

happy birthday kenny logins, you old fucker

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Liver Disaster posted:

happy birthday kenny logins, you old fucker

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

a doom gate?!
what an odd little figurine

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Balobam posted:

| ||
|| |_

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

hey yospos it's my 32nd birthday today and I'm getting acquainted with some eagle rare 10 year which I just found out is available in my area. someone please post the comic with the xbox wish with skull counting on an abacus tia

happy birfday:toot:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the thing about this one is, you can't really tell which way the skeltal is pushing the rings

makes u think

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
big ups

also thanks ld, valeyard and lp

might say i'm working on a liver disaster of my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Hesh Ballantine posted:

yeah, the subtext of the accounts I've read is that he was generally cavalier and prone to taking shortcuts

I mean, those are two attributes that can get you maimed in a wood shop nevermind dicking around with fissile material

call him cavalier but he sure knew how to follow through

quote:

The afternoon of the accident, Slotin was conducting the same experiment as seven colleagues watched. But for whatever reason, this time the screwdriver slipped. The instant the spheres touched, the Demon Core went “prompt critical,” or the reflected neutrons coming from the plutonium inside the sphere initiated super-criticality. Like the Daghlian accident, there was a flash of blue light and a wave of heat before Slotin could flip the top half-sphere off of the assembly. The seven others in the room ran out as the accident occurred, but Slotin called them all back to establish their positions – by knowing their relative positions he could calculate how much radiation they absorbed, and how much their lives had been shortened.

I mean compare that to the first guy running off to dunk himself in some snow

• Locked thread