Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I gave the mclaren f1 another shot with the wheel and it's much more drivable. In 20 minutes of practice I was able to shave 4 seconds off of my controller times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You died.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
if anybody wants to pc race right now at 9:49 pm est may 28 2015 go to the group chat or the mumble thanks god bless

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wanna try popping my pcars online cherry.

Where's the mumble secret info?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

xzzy posted:

I wanna try popping my pcars online cherry.

Where's the mumble secret info?

mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password mellon

really wish it would get put in the op.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Racing is over, LMP1 on westbound Azure Coast is amazing.

Also the Sakitto Sprint shortcut is a horrible horrible dice roll that worked out for me. I have no idea how it is not a cut track penalty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah I noticed that by the time I got everything set up. Oh well, I went and did laps on more unfamiliar tracks to get and get used to them. :angel:

Zolder is an amazing track, talk about some badass corners.

I really wish free practice started you with warm tires. Though I guess in some respects it's useful for figuring out how cars behave when they have no grip.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I lucked out and managed to pick up a barely-used Thrustmaster T500RS and a race seat for next to no money. Guy selling it didn't even know what the stuff is worth.

Speaking of bugs and AI: the computer cars are also impossible to beat in qualifying. I hosted a race on Spa and went out in the Group 5 Ford Capri. Set a pretty good lap – game told me I was on pole. So I chose "Skip to end of session" and suddenly the AI cars had all managed to set laps 55 seconds faster than my flyer. To put it into perspective: my qualifying lap was just under 2m30s, and the AI cars ahead of me had – in their 450hp group 5 cars – set 1m33s laps.

The lap record on the current Spa layout is 1m47s, in an F1 car.

Another bug I picked up is that the boost gauges don't work in replays. Annoying for those who want to make cool videos, I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That just means the game is poo poo at quick-simming physics. I bet if you had parked your car in a sandtrap somewhere and let the qualifying session run out on its own the AI never would have beat you.

This is also probably why AI doesn't lose speed when they go offroading, they're using simplified physics to save CPU cycles for your physics and the game forgets to slow them down.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
These AI issues are baffling to me. How weren't they caught in testing or by everyone who had weekly builds?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

These AI issues are baffling to me. How weren't they caught in testing or by everyone who had weekly builds?

Im pretty sure they knew but just wanted to finally release, i believe advion would know more about it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I've had that happen a couple times. I just imagined I had engine issues or some poo poo in quali so I don't get angry.

Still loving sucks. But I at least like working my way passed 19 plus cars.

I'm really shocked we haven't heard a pip about a patch, or dlc plans.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I haven't touched career mode. Quick race weekend is so perfect as it is. Games that let me have my own fun are the ones I tend to play for 60-80 hours. I'm trying news cars and track combos out. poo poo is so good.

Also, don't be like me and go from PC Ultra locked 60 fps to PS4. It's alarming.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm still working on zero to hero...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A lot of petty back and forth bickering of what is and isn't acceptable and realistic. Too many chefs in the kitchen, as they say.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Hello Spaceman posted:

Speaking of bugs and AI: the computer cars are also impossible to beat in qualifying. I hosted a race on Spa and went out in the Group 5 Ford Capri. Set a pretty good lap – game told me I was on pole. So I chose "Skip to end of session" and suddenly the AI cars had all managed to set laps 55 seconds faster than my flyer. To put it into perspective: my qualifying lap was just under 2m30s, and the AI cars ahead of me had – in their 450hp group 5 cars – set 1m33s laps.
Only happens if you skip to end. I usually only ever do that in Practice so it doesn't really matter that it causes the AI to set inhumanly fast times.

In qualifying, I just go to the time progression thing on the menu and tick it over to 60x (maybe 50x?) and let it run (after I'm content with my time and/or can't set another within the session). I don't think the AI have ever set impossibly times when I've done it this way and it only takes seconds to finish out the session since it only gives 10 minutes for qualifying usually; which is frustrating on long tracks where that only lets you get one, maybe two, actual qualifying lap attempts in thanks to a forced warm-up lap.

I really wish they added an option to have practice/qualifying begin Time Trial style as well where you're coming up to the start/finish with readily warmed tires (but realistic fuel load/use) since I've probably sunk multiple hours already into just doing tire warm up laps for practice/qualifying to test a setup/do qualifying runs. Realism is great; fruitlessly squandering hours of time warming up tires should be optional because it's still a game.

Norns posted:

I'm still working on zero to hero...
Yup, still in the early parts of my Formula Rookie. Even skipping invitationals (I haven't been, besides repeats where I already snagged the accolade), it's a pretty long haul goal that gets even longer considering the higher tiers look like they have a lot more actual racing (Formula A having 19 races; GT Endurance presumably being filled with lengthy races).

bUm fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 29, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
At least several people had assuredly lost their minds at the suggestion of foregoing warm up laps for the sake of gameplay.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kaddion posted:

Racing is over, LMP1 on westbound Azure Coast is amazing.

Also the Sakitto Sprint shortcut is a horrible horrible dice roll that worked out for me. I have no idea how it is not a cut track penalty.

http://i.imgur.com/z7S2cRx.gifv

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

At least several people had assuredly lost their minds at the suggestion of foregoing warm up laps for the sake of gameplay.

And those people are massive idiots.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just make it a checkbox like every other option is. Let the spergs live out their Lewis Hamilton fantasy (even though you can bet Hamilton hasn't put rubber to asphalt without warmers for ten years) and let the rest of us normal people drive some cars fast.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Limited slip preload ought to be zeroed out. Any amount dialed in is instant mid to exit corner understeer.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Formula Rookie: I'm doing this right, aren't I?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mclaren GT3 is pure and simple magic. A delightful mechanical steed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm curious how you got a formula rookie car fast enough to flip it. :v:

(ramped off the other guy's wheel, right?)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would any of you be down to race GT3 at Laguna Seca on Sunday? Preferably pc, but I can do ps4 as well.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

xzzy posted:

I'm curious how you got a formula rookie car fast enough to flip it. :v:

(ramped off the other guy's wheel, right?)

Yep. We touched while I was passing, he got off track a bit and slowed, and my right rear tire met his left front.

I should've gotten a screenshot of the car that rammed me from behind and got a piggyback ride. That was entertaining.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Been a while since I played this. (other games, man!) Has there been any patches on PS4 (or mentions of patches on PS4 forthcoming?) [ Or Patches on PC that would indicate a patch on PS4 was coming?]

You know, performance improvements... weird cockpit geometry-shifting in replays, etc?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hi i am back plz lets race join mumble for sa-turd-day races

mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password mellon

ethanol fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 30, 2015

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Hey AZ AND ANYONE ON PS4, get the gently caress online. Az don't you dare say "cars?" then go offline. I'm gonna have to ram you into a wall for that poo poo, or leave appropriate space because it's cooler but still gently caress you and get online

:siren:PS4 GOONS GET ONLINE NOW:siren:

PoisonJamSA if you haven't added me now get on people

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Event logo by OhsH

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

We're doin' this Thursday June 4th, 9PM Eastern (GMT-5)

Google Docs link

:siren: Note that Sakitto is, by request, a night race! :siren:

This is for PC if it wasnt obvious

Basticle fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 30, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
yes but on what system

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I just had my engine blow at Le Mans in the Nissan LMP2 car for reasons I can't explain. We figured it out. It was from a crash...oops

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I've done the same thing on Nurburgring. Make it all the way around to the long straight and the engine lets go halfway through it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Basticle posted:

Event logo by OhsH

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

We're doin' this Thursday June 4th, 9PM Eastern (GMT-5)

Google Docs link

:siren: Note that Sakitto is, by request, a night race! :siren:

This is for PC if it wasnt obvious

drat, gonna miss this one. Really want to win some MSPaint Trophies.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so i guess this was never fixed, it's really triggering me

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24947-BUG-Report-Wheel-visually-missing-after-leaving-pits

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
What is it with this game and not saving setups? It's so frustrating spending ages getting the car just right for the game to wipe it out and put the terrible default setup back on at random. The default GT4 Vantage setup is especially wretched, completely asymmetrical and has the intake restrictor cranked right down for some reason.

The timing and scoring is also comically broken, I just won a career race by quitting partway through and won because I had the shortest time elapsed. :psyduck:

It's a shame because when this works it's amazing but it's pissing me off so much trying to work through the career.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
I'm looking for people to play with. I like to race clean and I have been mostly playing Open Wheel (B/C) and GT3 cars. My Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/xenoid Please feel free to add me!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Join the steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonracingclub

I already forgot the mumble info, someone posted it a page back or so.

But if dudes are racing, you'll see them active in the group or group chat.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure if anyone has got the Ford Focus invitational a Sonoma in the rain but holy hell, just skip it. I cannot drive that car in the rain it just doesn't do anyting I want :negative:

Finally got out of carts though, Formula Rookie here we go :getin:

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
SPeaking of racingt race now pc mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password mellon

some day this will be in the op i hope

• Locked thread