Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

syscall girl posted:

Yeah I don't know the answer to that but doesn't basically everyone voice chat these days?

*sexy girl laugh*

e: poo poo this is a real bad funny picture. have this, which is at least funny, if not a picture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

syscall girl posted:

Yeah I don't know the answer to that but doesn't basically everyone voice chat these days?

Deaf gamers :negative:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

veedubfreak posted:

Counterpoint: being in public you have no expectation of privacy.
Also: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/longtail-t-shirts/longer-shirts.aspx

Not that anyone gives a gently caress, 90% of my wardrobe is Duluth these days. Normal length t-shirts have never fit me right.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

now anyone who claims they're *celebrity* on the internet, im gona take them super seriously

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Y'know, because a professional actress will have a hard time making her voice sound different.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Red_October_7000 posted:

Y'know, because a professional actress will have a hard time making her voice sound different.

I don't play but I understand raiding is very stressful. She is bilingual though so yeah.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

syscall girl posted:

I don't play but I understand raiding is very stressful. She is bilingual though so yeah.

You ever heard her not sound like herself in a movie/show? I have not; always just sounds like the same person to me. Just cause you are an actress (or even a voice actress) doesn't mean you can do multiple voices.

E: damnit, quoted wrong person. Whatever.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MmBQzZo_2I

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

veedubfreak posted:

Counterpoint: being in public you have no expectation of privacy.
Also: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/longtail-t-shirts/longer-shirts.aspx

I know this upsets nerds but sometimes people do this fun thing where they go to events and then they take a picture of the festivities and post that picture on social media to prove that they are NOT a creepy shut-in like their mother & grandmother keep telling them that they are

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

FadedReality posted:

Does anyone actually know why people get so flummoxed at women being into nerdy things? The number of times I've sat and listened to a slovenly, awkward and shy nerdy guy rant about women trying to impress him by pretending to be into games/tabletop/CCGs/whatever is straight up embarrassing.

Women showing a legitimate interest in nerd hobbies throws the fact in neckbeards' faces that it's not their interests that repel attractive and socially well-adjusted people, it's their behaviors and personalities. It drops the veil of being able to blame something external instead of having to examine themselves and possibly change their lifestyle in inconvenient ways (like showering or buying properly fitting clothes). This makes gross nerds lash out and form a boys only club where they can complain about women not liking them.

But that isn't very funny.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My girlfriend used to have a cat that couldn't be trusted around open pizza boxes. Not because he'd lay on it for warmth like that cat but because he would grab a slice and drag into one of hiding places and devour it whole.

He'd also do that to basically all other food but pizza seemed to be one of his favorites.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 02:31 on May 30, 2015

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

My college has unsusally aggressive squirrels. There was a pizza party on the quad and whelp...

Iveliosiudicium
Aug 21, 2003
Why are you looking at me like that?

That's where I'm from. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our Grand River's water level rose after a very heavy winter around '04 after a very heavy winter snow melt and a poo poo ton of spring rain. Made for some awesome pictures. The building in these pictures is the history museum.

Here's a picture of those same windows from the outside before the water got higher.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Iveliosiudicium posted:

That's where I'm from. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our Grand River's water level rose after a very heavy winter around '04 after a very heavy winter snow melt and a poo poo ton of spring rain. Made for some awesome pictures. The building in these pictures is the history museum.

Here's a picture of those same windows from the outside before the water got higher.

Holy poo poo, I didn't put together mentally that that's the Van Andel museum in the background. :aaa: The water was all the way up to the carousel, drat.

13Pandora13 has a new favorite as of 03:00 on May 30, 2015

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

God hated ducks and wanted to kill them all so he told Noah not to let them on the ark, but ducks were just like gently caress you god. Ducks are hard core

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Serperoth posted:

I barely play Magic (and I'm in Europe anyway), but I'm a Judge, and taking pictures of people without their permission (or even knowledge) to post on the net and laugh is Not Okay, especially since there obviously are shitlords who'd do the same to women for less humourous purposes.
How would that ever come up at a Magic: the Gathering tournament though?

Serperoth posted:

The definition of Unsporting Conduct - Major is as follows: "A player takes action towards one or more individuals that could reasonably be expected to create a feeling of being harassed, threatened, bullied, or stalked."
Taking a photo of someone in a public place is none of those things.

Serperoth posted:

"A player takes inappropriate photos of another player without express permission."
But the only thing that makes the photos in any way inappropriate, is the inappropriate way the people are dressed, and they did that themselves.

Serperoth posted:

I had a giggle at the photos when they first surfaced, I won't deny it, but, to further quote the Judge blog "this behavior impairs the comfort of our players and the safe, welcoming environment we are responsible for creating and promoting, and it bears being called out specifically."
First thing you should do if you want to create a safe, welcoming environment is kick out half the players. I like Magic: the Gathering as a game, but (on top of it just being a massive waste of money to keep up with) the players just make it a bad experience. It was fine when I had friends who also played, because they were people I liked anyway, but the people who just show up to game shops and tournaments? Those people are the worst.

wayfinder posted:

I can sort of see how your rights end where you're ugly and gross and people want to laugh about you. That's just common sense.
What rights? It's a public place and they're not being harassed or threatened.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tiggum posted:

"Someone pointed out the way I dress is stupid and it hurt my feelings :saddowns: I have a right to show my buttcrack!"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I know what's going on here, but my mind refuses to see it properly.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I can respond to this seriousl.....

gently caress it, *FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART*

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Tiggum posted:

How would that ever come up at a Magic: the Gathering tournament though?

Taking a photo of someone in a public place is none of those things.

But the only thing that makes the photos in any way inappropriate, is the inappropriate way the people are dressed, and they did that themselves.

First thing you should do if you want to create a safe, welcoming environment is kick out half the players. I like Magic: the Gathering as a game, but (on top of it just being a massive waste of money to keep up with) the players just make it a bad experience. It was fine when I had friends who also played, because they were people I liked anyway, but the people who just show up to game shops and tournaments? Those people are the worst.

Lol, you'd make a great unruly mob member; "If I don't like them or know them, gently caress em". Not saying that the rampant crack isn't gross, but show some empathy; I'm sure you would feel harrassed if some one took candid photos of you and then published them on the internet for the sole purpose of having other people laugh at you. Also, from the company policy side, ignoring people publicly shaming your customers participating in one of your events probably isn't the smartest idea.

Edit: fixing autocorrect bullshit

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 03:37 on May 30, 2015

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Someone pointed out the way I dress is stupid and it hurt my feelings :saddowns: I have a right to show my buttcrack!"

:bahgawd: if i cant expose myself this world has gone mad with social justice

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

I can respond to this seriousl.....

gently caress it, *FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART*

spotted the fatso

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

1redflag posted:

Lol, you'd make a great unruly mob member; "If I don't like them or know them, gently caress em". Not saying that the rampant crack isn't gross, but show some empathy; I'm sure you would feel harrassed if so what took candid photos of you and the published them on the internet for the sole purpose of having other people laugh at you. Also, from the company policy side, ignoring people publicly shaming your customers participating in one of your events probably isn't the smartest idea.

I don't know how gay you have to be to be able to identify people from their buttcracks, but congrats I guess.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

I'm sure you would feel harrassed if so what took candid photos of you and the published them on the internet for the sole purpose of having other people laugh at you.

Not if its because I left my rear end crack on display. rear end crack is funny. Whether your own or someone else's

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

cobalt impurity posted:

Women showing a legitimate interest in nerd hobbies throws the fact in neckbeards' faces that it's not their interests that repel attractive and socially well-adjusted people, it's their behaviors and personalities. It drops the veil of being able to blame something external instead of having to examine themselves and possibly change their lifestyle in inconvenient ways (like showering or buying properly fitting clothes). This makes gross nerds lash out and form a boys only club where they can complain about women not liking them.

But that isn't very funny.

Who the gently caress eats pineapple and onion pizza? That cat is doing them a favor.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Angela Christine posted:

You know nothingate everything , Jon Snow.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to walk that one back.

So have this instead:

This makes me so uncomfortable.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Toriori posted:

I, too, cringe at the thought of above ground pools and their owners.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Toriori posted:

Why? Tell me your fears.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Googling that picture led me into stranger places than I expected. That man is called Anton Dumm, and he's a famous German pimp. Here he is in all his glory.

GnuUzir
Oct 16, 2009

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

God hated ducks and wanted to kill them all so he told Noah not to let them on the ark, but ducks were just like gently caress you god. Ducks are hard core

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Paladinus posted:

Yes, all music in our store is catalogued.

The ANSCR lies buried within the genes of all cats. (Too late and not sorry.)

Magic players are the absolute worst--and I say this as a bad Magic player. Though I think every niche hobby has its own assholes and crazies.

It's too late at night for deep thinking. Have some juvenile humor.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Jesus was a man, he surely had a refractory period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LoonShia posted:

Jesus was a man, he surely had a refractory period.

3 days is a bit much

• Locked thread